Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300491 times)

Sold Out

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #630 on: November 05, 2020, 01:28:46 PM »
Episode was great, made me like Kelly more for sure. He doesn't take himself too seriously and has truly earned everything he's gotten.

So stand out, obviously the Wenning story had me laughing out loud, maybe the best "bunt" claim of all time haha. Second, that power balance bracelets story was amazing, stoked those pieces of shit got sued for taking peoples money.

Last but not least, did anyone else notice the "worst team mate ever" sounded like the audio got clipped and switched to Don Brown. Do you think he called back after and asked for an answer to be removed?!

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #631 on: November 05, 2020, 01:43:25 PM »
Last but not least, did anyone else notice the "worst team mate ever" sounded like the audio got clipped and switched to Don Brown. Do you think he called back after and asked for an answer to be removed?!

Pretty sure it happens regularly on their pod. There are for sure some hot takes that have gotten edited out over the years.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #632 on: November 05, 2020, 10:19:17 PM »
that question about not living up to potential didn't feel as pointed to me as other people are reading it. it was roundabout i think because cephas was trying to be cautious with how he phrased it, but i think it fit in with other things kelly was saying ie "i didn't try to get on girl because they were the best" despite being in the mix with an up-and-coming dude on the team. kelly has a good enough head on his shoulders and doesn't seem bitter enough to resent the question, and i think hearing someone say "i could have gone harder at times" might be good for the younger, talented listenership. i agree this was one of the best, really from both angles. a guest that was open and honest, and a good line of questioning to allow him to really speak his mind in depth

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #633 on: November 06, 2020, 08:53:48 AM »
Expand Quote
He got fucked over by the industry because he was naive and beta and had poorly timed injuries. It’s awesome he seems to be doing so well now and is happy with his spot in the industry and more importantly still loves skating.
[close]

I always thought Kelly ripped and on the nine club, enjoy how much of a skate nerd he is. However, wasn't there an incident at a premier where he got too drunk and possibly said something to Karl he shouldn't have?

I’ve long been curious about this. One of the guests even alluded to it once, saying something “Kelly do you drink? I’ve heard some things...” while offering some liquor he brought.

Kelly seems like a great guy and obviously many PoC in the industry have forgiven him (if it’s true). I’m just curious what he actually said, if it was a misguided joke or anger, hard R etc

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #634 on: November 06, 2020, 05:53:38 PM »
that question about not living up to potential didn't feel as pointed to me as other people are reading it. it was roundabout i think because cephas was trying to be cautious with how he phrased it, but i think it fit in with other things kelly was saying ie "i didn't try to get on girl because they were the best" despite being in the mix with an up-and-coming dude on the team. kelly has a good enough head on his shoulders and doesn't seem bitter enough to resent the question, and i think hearing someone say "i could have gone harder at times" might be good for the younger, talented listenership. i agree this was one of the best, really from both angles. a guest that was open and honest, and a good line of questioning to allow him to really speak his mind in depth

I finally listened to the whole thing. Was pretty fun to listen to. Kelly is a pretty humble guy.

After actually hearing how Cepha asked the question, I think it came from a good place. I was the dummy who was saying shit before I even listened to it. I think what held Kelly back was all those injuries. Getting serious injuries sucks so bad. They're hard to come back from.

I feel like Kelly would have fit well on Girl or Chocolate. Easy to say that, and not know a goddamn thing about behind the scenes.

Fun listen.
The chillest1

conqueso

« Reply #635 on: November 06, 2020, 07:14:05 PM »
that was one of the best episodes <3

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #636 on: November 07, 2020, 07:00:11 AM »
Was stoked on the unexpected Kelly Hart episode. Ngl i think Dono & Cephas on a nine club experience episode might actually be dope.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #637 on: November 07, 2020, 07:30:25 AM »
Was stoked on the unexpected Kelly Hart episode. Ngl i think Dono & Cephas on a nine club experience episode might actually be dope.

Yeah, the energy and pacing of the two shows are so different, but I think it'd be a fun crossover. I'd definitely check it out just to hear Dono and Cepha keep it real and speak plainly while Crob puts on his fake ass Cali industry face.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 788
« Reply #638 on: November 09, 2020, 08:10:51 AM »
Just listening to the Kelly episode.  Wtf is with these dudes?  I like the show for the most part, but these guys are the worst kind of jocks.  “Gershing”?  Negging Kelly in his own interview?  The way these guys think about skating is weird
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Glurmpz

« Reply #639 on: November 09, 2020, 09:13:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, the energy and pacing of the two shows are so different, but I think it'd be a fun crossover. I'd definitely check it out just to hear Crob keep it real and speak plainly while Dono and Cephas put on that fake ass homeboy "barnburner" lingo.

Fixed it for ya.  ;)

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #640 on: November 09, 2020, 09:18:57 AM »
Just listening to the Kelly episode.  Wtf is with these dudes?  I like the show for the most part, but these guys are the worst kind of jocks.  “Gershing”?  Negging Kelly in his own interview?  The way these guys think about skating is weird

The term "gershing" is weird but is it that jocky to talk about someone not living up to their potential? We talk about that all the time on here with Antwuan etc. It's a hard and awkward conversation to have with the person in question, which is why it never gets seriously talked about. It works here because Kelly is clearly content with where he ended up and is able to critique himself rather than some "I don't know it was whatever" response you would get from most pros.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #641 on: November 09, 2020, 01:23:08 PM »
Just listened to the Ryan smith episode.  Didn’t seem like the boys knew how to handle his calling out the industry.  He would have said a lot more with no prompting, but it seemed to me like the bunt boys wanted no part of his tirade. 

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #642 on: November 09, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »
Wasn't really much for them to do. If they start egging him on and saying "Fuck Chief" then Jamie is going to get all fussy and probably interfere with their shows.

It was really obvious he had a bad experience with Zero and I'm glad Ryan didn't shy away from speaking about it at length. I also love that the DC trick tip videos where Ryan was basically just trying to find a reason to justify smoking weed under the ramps every day.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #643 on: November 09, 2020, 01:56:16 PM »
Wasn't really much for them to do. If they start egging him on and saying "Fuck Chief" then Jamie is going to get all fussy and probably interfere with their shows.

It was really obvious he had a bad experience with Zero and I'm glad Ryan didn't shy away from speaking about it at length. I also love that the DC trick tip videos where Ryan was basically just trying to find a reason to justify smoking weed under the ramps every day.
I'm not sure Jamie holds that level of power in the industry anymore.

The issue is, they are two skaters who do a good podcast and research the skaters the interviw, but they aren't journalists and they aren't trying to do a deep expose on the industry. Ryan Smith is also an insanely biased source to allow him to just rant, and no real plan on how to reign him in. I personally think Jamie has done some really questionable things in the industry including some of the things Ryan said, but some of Ryan's other claims seem a bit outlandish (you had to be high or drunk to be on Zero, etc). If you egg on or encourage ranting it's quite possible you end up with an unairable episode or one that is going to take awhile in post-production to fix.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #644 on: November 09, 2020, 02:27:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm not sure Jamie holds that level of power in the industry anymore.

The issue is, they are two skaters who do a good podcast and research the skaters the interviw, but they aren't journalists and they aren't trying to do a deep expose on the industry. Ryan Smith is also an insanely biased source to allow him to just rant, and no real plan on how to reign him in. I personally think Jamie has done some really questionable things in the industry including some of the things Ryan said, but some of Ryan's other claims seem a bit outlandish (you had to be high or drunk to be on Zero, etc). If you egg on or encourage ranting it's quite possible you end up with an unairable episode or one that is going to take awhile in post-production to fix.

I disagree.  I wanted a follow up to that.  Just seemed kind of “nine club”of them.  On the next episode they told Kelly he filmed shitty tricks, so I don’t know why they would be afraid to get out of someone’s way. 

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #645 on: November 10, 2020, 02:53:35 AM »

It’s just that they aren’t sucking the cocks of their guests like other skate podcasts. The more time you give the bunt the more you get back, I honestly can’t wait to drive to work every Thursday morning knowing I get to listen to them.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #646 on: November 11, 2020, 03:40:45 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHbcB3RlIgb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Digging the guest selection this season for sure

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #647 on: November 11, 2020, 05:37:23 AM »
If anyone wants to get a refresher of Vincent’s PS part, here it is.
https://youtu.be/mKKPXFqOWgo
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #648 on: November 11, 2020, 08:39:02 AM »
If anyone wants to get a refresher of Vincent’s PS part, here it is.
https://youtu.be/mKKPXFqOWgo

Didn't realize how buck that part was.

Say what you will about it, but his style has grown on me. I always have to remind myself what stance he is too. Just a rad guy too
The chillest1

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • &#3232;_&#3232;
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #649 on: November 11, 2020, 09:02:49 AM »
This part from Vincent has always stood out to me and I love rewatching it. His skating doesn’t translate in the modern day Ty/crailtap style but this kinda stuff is great.

http://youtu.be/Muc1QcqDW3c

PeanutGallery

• Rep: 3
« Reply #650 on: November 11, 2020, 11:42:09 AM »
Is there footage of how "Manchild" was acting in these situations?

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #651 on: November 11, 2020, 11:54:21 AM »
Thought Cephas & Dono handled that quite well, didn’t really back down and Vincent just seemed in disbelief that anyone could call out one of his homies. He kind of went no where with it. Left it right until the end to bring it up also, bit of a bitch move.

There’s been multiple reports of manchild acting the dickhead and footage for us all to see at Tampa snaking people and being an arrogant prick. We’ve all dealt with those insanely talented skaters that are jerks. I’m with the buntboys on that one.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #652 on: November 11, 2020, 12:09:07 PM »
Is there footage of how "Manchild" was acting in these situations?

Yep , the tampa footage was linked here before.

I thought the slap looser witch hunt crew was exaggerating as usual but this time it's deserved. He was wrecking people's runs at tampa.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #653 on: November 11, 2020, 12:37:18 PM »
Thought Cephas & Dono handled that quite well, didn’t really back down and Vincent just seemed in disbelief that anyone could call out one of his homies. He kind of went no where with it. Left it right until the end to bring it up also, bit of a bitch move.

There’s been multiple reports of manchild acting the dickhead and footage for us all to see at Tampa snaking people and being an arrogant prick. We’ve all dealt with those insanely talented skaters that are jerks. I’m with the buntboys on that one.
can i get a timestamp

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #654 on: November 11, 2020, 12:48:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
can i get a timestamp

After the rapidfire m’man

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #655 on: November 11, 2020, 12:48:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
can i get a timestamp

Yup me too

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #656 on: November 11, 2020, 12:50:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
can i get a timestamp
[close]

After the rapidfire m’man
thanks laddy

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #657 on: November 11, 2020, 12:57:28 PM »

yeah vincent made that real awkward but i was real stoked on how they handled it. they didn't turn into "yes-men" at all and stood by their claims which was dope. its odd cause vincent kind of agreed with them about manchild's behavior yet was still wondering why they called him out...?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #658 on: November 11, 2020, 01:36:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yeah vincent made that real awkward but i was real stoked on how they handled it. they didn't turn into "yes-men" at all and stood by their claims which was dope. its odd cause vincent kind of agreed with them about manchild's behavior yet was still wondering why they called him out...?

Haha damn. When he brought it up you could tell by the tone in his voice that he knew there was no way to defend manchild on that. Someone being your boy doesn't give them a pass for doing shit like that. Super awkward.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #659 on: November 11, 2020, 01:40:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's why this is the best pod. Cepha didn't back down at all, fair play to him.

To me it felt like Vincent was put up to saying that. You could hear the trepidation in his voice bringing it up.