Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300359 times)

Sick Duck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #660 on: November 11, 2020, 02:20:52 PM »
Yeah they acknowledged that he actually rips at skating too, just a complete idiot

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #661 on: November 11, 2020, 02:31:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thought Cephas & Dono handled that quite well, didn’t really back down and Vincent just seemed in disbelief that anyone could call out one of his homies. He kind of went no where with it. Left it right until the end to bring it up also, bit of a bitch move.

There’s been multiple reports of manchild acting the dickhead and footage for us all to see at Tampa snaking people and being an arrogant prick. We’ve all dealt with those insanely talented skaters that are jerks. I’m with the buntboys on that one.
[close]
yeah vincent made that real awkward but i was real stoked on how they handled it. they didn't turn into "yes-men" at all and stood by their claims which was dope. its odd cause vincent kind of agreed with them about manchild's behavior yet was still wondering why they called him out...?
[close]

That's why this is the best pod. Cepha didn't back down at all, fair play to him.

To me it felt like Vincent was put up to saying that. You could hear the trepidation in his voice bringing it up.

Yeah, it seemed like he told someone he was going on the bunt and they told him to ask about why they think manchild is a kook and he had no idea what it was about but did it anyway.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #662 on: November 11, 2020, 02:36:30 PM »
Vincent was all, “he’s still growing and I hope you guys are too for calling him out all crazy.” Haha hell nah he deserved to get called out, they used their platform correctly by doing it.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #663 on: November 11, 2020, 02:50:37 PM »
Vincent always seems down to earth and a good dude in interviews. That Manchild stuff was a super awkward exchange. Outside of Cephas story, there's the Tampa Pro stuff, and him just being a beligerent drunk interrupting on the Nine Club during the Flare Premier. Some people just can't handle their booze and make dumb decisions related to that. I would think Manchild is probably more embarrassed than thinking he did no wrong. But, respect to Cesphas by standing by what he said and not back tracking.

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #664 on: November 11, 2020, 03:06:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thought Cephas & Dono handled that quite well, didn’t really back down and Vincent just seemed in disbelief that anyone could call out one of his homies. He kind of went no where with it. Left it right until the end to bring it up also, bit of a bitch move.

There’s been multiple reports of manchild acting the dickhead and footage for us all to see at Tampa snaking people and being an arrogant prick. We’ve all dealt with those insanely talented skaters that are jerks. I’m with the buntboys on that one.
[close]
yeah vincent made that real awkward but i was real stoked on how they handled it. they didn't turn into "yes-men" at all and stood by their claims which was dope. its odd cause vincent kind of agreed with them about manchild's behavior yet was still wondering why they called him out...?
[close]

That's why this is the best pod. Cepha didn't back down at all, fair play to him.

To me it felt like Vincent was put up to saying that. You could hear the trepidation in his voice bringing it up.
[close]

Yeah, it seemed like he told someone he was going on the bunt and they told him to ask about why they think manchild is a kook and he had no idea what it was about but did it anyway.

This 100%

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #665 on: November 11, 2020, 03:18:37 PM »
Vincent always seems down to earth and a good dude in interviews. That Manchild stuff was a super awkward exchange. Outside of Cephas story, there's the Tampa Pro stuff, and him just being a beligerent drunk interrupting on the Nine Club during the Flare Premier. Some people just can't handle their booze and make dumb decisions related to that. I would think Manchild is probably more embarrassed than thinking he did no wrong. But, respect to Cesphas by standing by what he said and not back tracking.

My feeling is Manchild's a belligerent drunk and is almost always drunk, especially in social settings like contests and premieres. No excuse and definitely kooking it. But a great skater and seems like a good enough person when not on the sauce.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #666 on: November 11, 2020, 03:21:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My feeling is Manchild's a belligerent drunk and is almost always drunk, especially in social settings like contests and premieres. No excuse and definitely kooking it. But a great skater and seems like a good enough person when not on the sauce.
Yeah, absolutely kooking it, but doesn't strike me as a particularly malicious or bad person. Just a young guy in their 20's with limited responsibility and drinking too much in the wrong settings.

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #667 on: November 11, 2020, 04:24:47 PM »
vincent sounds legit nicest down to earth guy, but man that manchild chat was cringe...

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #668 on: November 11, 2020, 04:44:30 PM »
Vincent was all, “he’s still growing and I hope you guys are too for calling him out all crazy.” Haha hell nah he deserved to get called out, they used their platform correctly by doing it.
yeah that made me cringe so hard. can't imagine not being able to acknowledge when my friends are blowing it and instead, calling out people who acknowledge their undeniable kookiness
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 06:18:26 PM by notmikerusczyk »

maxi-pad

• Rep: 23
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #669 on: November 11, 2020, 06:00:27 PM »
Respect to Cephas for not back peddling on his manchild comments, Vince needed to just take the L and accept that his boy does stupid shit and deserves to be called on it

Manchild perennial KOTY candidate no doubt about it 

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #670 on: November 11, 2020, 07:43:37 PM »
very surprised that vincent alvarez first agreed with the bunt that manchild could learn something from this, but then said "maybe you guys could learn something too, from calling manchild out so heavy"

alvarez is clearly just a good friend sticking up for his teammate but it was as though he thought manchild was innocent and like cephas shouldn't have said anything at all while manchild was being an asshole and snaking people during their contest runs

i'm going to call this instance #1,857,823 of the worst taught behaviour in skating "he's a good skater so we don't tolerate any criticism of him whatsoever"

this shit needs to die

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #671 on: November 11, 2020, 08:01:45 PM »
very surprised that vincent alvarez first agreed with the bunt that manchild could learn something from this, but then said "maybe you guys could learn something too, from calling manchild out so heavy"

alvarez is clearly just a good friend sticking up for his teammate but it was as though he thought manchild was innocent and like cephas shouldn't have said anything at all while manchild was being an asshole and snaking people during their contest runs

i'm going to call this instance #1,857,823 of the worst taught behaviour in skating "he's a good skater so we don't tolerate any criticism of him whatsoever"

this shit needs to die

FR, shit plagues so many subcultures and is always lame.

quadcuff

« Reply #672 on: November 11, 2020, 08:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote

this shit needs to die

[close]

FR, shit plagues so many subcultures and is always lame.

definitely, this attitude has dominated skating forever and still does

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #673 on: November 11, 2020, 09:48:53 PM »
I feel like manchild put him up to it for sure. I mean the kid is good but the thought of being around him gives me wild anxiety.

Shouts to the boys for not backing down. I joined their Patreon last week bc I’m running out of episodes and that bloopers episode was fucking classic.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #674 on: November 11, 2020, 10:12:38 PM »
it definitely felt like someone asked vincent to ask them about it and thought it would be kind of a silly thing and then when he got the answer he had to backpedal without throwing his teammate under the bus. how the bunt guys handled it is a testament to why they're the go-to skate podcast. as the nine club becomes a not-so-clever product placement safe space, the bunt having legit uncomfortable moments with guests because they're not afraid to speak their minds sets them further apart. i thought vincent saying "we're all growing" was a way to implicate everyone, himself included, so he didn't just ice manchild harder

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #675 on: November 11, 2020, 10:41:07 PM »
Yeah, Vince just seems like a good guy that wants everyone to be happy. I don’t think he was saying cephas did anything wrong.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #676 on: November 11, 2020, 11:11:40 PM »
This was a difficult interview to listen to. The Bunt boys have prepared well, but for Vincent everything is crazy, insane and cool and no stories or descriptions. Nice recovery with the rapid fire though, but then cringe out with Manchild question.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #677 on: November 12, 2020, 08:44:57 AM »
In Vince's defence....do you ever consider that maybe we think too much about this shit? 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #678 on: November 12, 2020, 08:50:55 AM »
I feel like there's no way for that Manchild conversation to not be awkward, but I don't think any of them were too cringey. I guarantee someone someone told Vince that these guys were hating on his friend with little to no context and he felt compelled to defend him until he got the context. Confrontation is never not awkward but I feel like they all acted enough like grown ups about it.

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #679 on: November 12, 2020, 10:23:11 AM »
Surprised how many people are saying the Manchild exchange was awkward. They were just talking it out. It's a testament to everyone involved that they can chat about this stuff without getting defensive. I'd imagine Vince was put up to it, likely didn't even listen to the ep (or maybe any ep of any podcast?) and his basing his understanding of how "crazy" the call out was on somebody relaying it to him in a van or something.

BuntGang for life and Justice for Vince...still annoys me that all that Pretty Sweet footage was rendered unwatchable by the edit.

quadcuff

« Reply #680 on: November 12, 2020, 12:38:32 PM »
In Vince's defence....do you ever consider that maybe we think too much about this shit?

well yeah but how much shitty behaviour has just gone unchecked in skating cause the homie rips

quadcuff

« Reply #681 on: November 12, 2020, 12:40:03 PM »
Surprised how many people are saying the Manchild exchange was awkward. They were just talking it out. It's a testament to everyone involved that they can chat about this stuff without getting defensive. I'd imagine Vince was put up to it, likely didn't even listen to the ep (or maybe any ep of any podcast?) and his basing his understanding of how "crazy" the call out was on somebody relaying it to him in a van or something.

BuntGang for life and Justice for Vince...still annoys me that all that Pretty Sweet footage was rendered unwatchable by the edit.

the exchange wasn't awkward, vince defending manchild was haha

dannyprovolone

« Reply #682 on: November 12, 2020, 12:43:14 PM »
crailcamp doesn't exactly take criticism too well....remember brandon biblel?

quadcuff

« Reply #683 on: November 12, 2020, 12:47:22 PM »

i just remember some really mob nollie flips, what'd he say though?

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #684 on: November 12, 2020, 06:29:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i just remember some really mob nollie flips, what'd he say though?

Ha recorded his homie beating the shit out of a clearly mentally unstable person of color, then posted it on ig.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

michael scarn

« Reply #685 on: November 12, 2020, 07:40:55 PM »
Idk I'm not trying to rip on Vince, he seems like such a nice guy. Yeah the manchild exchange was awkward and I think he should have probably just not said anything, but it really seems like he was trying too hard to remain neutral.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #686 on: November 12, 2020, 11:40:48 PM »

man child is the fucking worst. I’ve been hammered as fuck before and have hung out with a lot of people who were as well and hardly anyone acts this kooky.

22:38, 1:05:55, and 1:27:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UOOaVtUtHs

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 11:51:04 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #687 on: November 12, 2020, 11:56:43 PM »

This.

Also, what the fuck is Vince suppose to say to that petty high school shit The Bunt guys played. You need an apology from Vince for Manchilds behavior? Dude just skates for Chocolate, he's not the kid's chaperone. They should save that question for Tyler, Mike or Rick.

"Oh, Dono, Cepha man, so sorry. On the behalf of Girl/Chocolate and myself, sorry for Manchilds behavior. I wasn't there and your bitch asses probably weren't there, but I deeply apologize. Sorry to have upset your barely flow asses"

Get the fuck out of here.

Dono, Cepha and some you dudes in this thread need to take a cue from Vince and grow up. This is some weird shit you guys are on. Vince doesn't owe you guys shit.
The chillest1

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #688 on: November 13, 2020, 12:46:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This.

Also, what the fuck is Vince suppose to say to that petty high school shit The Bunt guys played. You need an apology from Vince for Manchilds behavior? Dude just skates for Chocolate, he's not the kid's chaperone. They should save that question for Tyler, Mike or Rick.

"Oh, Dono, Cepha man, so sorry. On the behalf of Girl/Chocolate and myself, sorry for Manchilds behavior. I wasn't there and your bitch asses probably weren't there, but I deeply apologize. Sorry to have upset your barely flow asses"

Dono, Cepha and some you dudes in this thread need to take a cue from Vince and grow up. This is some weird shit you guys are on. Vince doesn't owe you guys shit.

Did you even listen to the podcast?  Vincent is the one who brought it up, and they were there. They had a first person account of what had happened. Nice melt though.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #689 on: November 13, 2020, 01:04:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This.

[close]

Did you even listen to the podcast?  Vincent is the one who brought it up, and they were there. They had a first person account of what had happened. Nice melt though.

Hahaha damn I did melt down badd. I was saving it for a long drive tomorrow. By some of the comments I thought it was a question from the Bunt dudes. I was ready to explode on something. Tha ks for checking me!

My bad dudes. Imma gnar everyone's comment and expect some kooks. Looks like I need to grow up

Hopefully you guys can just laugh me  :'(
The chillest1