Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 299907 times)

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #720 on: November 18, 2020, 01:48:22 PM »

Ryan coming out swinging with the "that's why we need those darkstar Walmart boards in stock, I don't give a fuck what people say" within minutes of the episode starting is amazing. already stoked on this episode.
where was this said?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #721 on: November 18, 2020, 01:51:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Ryan coming out swinging with the "that's why we need those darkstar Walmart boards in stock, I don't give a fuck what people say" within minutes of the episode starting is amazing. already stoked on this episode.
[close]
where was this said?

It's around 8:45 when they're talking about what his first board was. Real early in the episode.

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #722 on: November 18, 2020, 03:16:01 PM »

yeah haha that was sick and a good point, his red star diss in the rapid fire is great too

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #723 on: November 18, 2020, 06:07:56 PM »
I never got the hate on Decenzo. Because he skates contests? Because he’s on red bull? Look at Ishod. Contest dude, monster, and Nike and people worship him.

I mean the kickflip double set with Phelps yelling and the cover of Thrasher with his bro are two of the best things I have ever seen.

His hungover game of skate story was the best. Also, how he thinks a kickflip back nose blunt slide shove on a ledge isn’t good enough haha.

And what the fuck? Andrew Pott wanted to fight because Ryan might have done a hard flip first? Ryan switching up to a front three was being the bigger man.

Edit: Think what you want about Darkstar but this part still gets me hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmlQ6dwF7Bk

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #724 on: November 18, 2020, 06:45:33 PM »
i liked his interview but his footage has always looked like a skinnier, more tech ryan sheckler to me.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #725 on: November 18, 2020, 06:56:38 PM »
I never got the hate on Decenzo. Because he skates contests? Because he’s on red bull? Look at Ishod. Contest dude, monster, and Nike and people worship him.

I mean the kickflip double set with Phelps yelling and the cover of Thrasher with his bro are two of the best things I have ever seen.

His hungover game of skate story was the best. Also, how he thinks a kickflip back nose blunt slide shove on a ledge isn’t good enough haha.

And what the fuck? Andrew Pott wanted to fight because Ryan might have done a hard flip first? Ryan switching up to a front three was being the bigger man.

Edit: Think what you want about Darkstar but this part still gets me hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmlQ6dwF7Bk

Maybe his style isn't for everyone? I dunno. I've always been psyched on Ryan. He has done so much gnarly shit in his career. There's actually not many people in the same league as him with consistently doing huge shit and mixing up the bag of tricks their whole career. He has never put out a soft part or any footage that makes it seem like he slowing down and the dude is 34. Great episode, was waiting for this one.

Maybe gnarliest Canadian ever? McCrank and Machnau in their prime were going hard obviously, but Decenzo has done some of the gnarliest shit in skateboarding ever.

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #726 on: November 18, 2020, 07:03:50 PM »
Expand Quote
In Vince's defence....do you ever consider that maybe we think too much about this shit?
[close]

This.

Also, what the fuck is Vince suppose to say to that petty high school shit The Bunt guys played. You need an apology from Vince for Manchilds behavior? Dude just skates for Chocolate, he's not the kid's chaperone. They should save that question for Tyler, Mike or Rick.

"Oh, Dono, Cepha man, so sorry. On the behalf of Girl/Chocolate and myself, sorry for Manchilds behavior. I wasn't there and your bitch asses probably weren't there, but I deeply apologize. Sorry to have upset your barely flow asses"

Get the fuck out of here.

Dono, Cepha and some you dudes in this thread need to take a cue from Vince and grow up. This is some weird shit you guys are on. Vince doesn't owe you guys shit.
Turdy bird should have heardy words.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #727 on: November 18, 2020, 11:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In Vince's defence....do you ever consider that maybe we think too much about this shit?
[close]

This.

Also, what the fuck is Vince suppose to say to that petty high school shit The Bunt guys played. You need an apology from Vince for Manchilds behavior? Dude just skates for Chocolate, he's not the kid's chaperone. They should save that question for Tyler, Mike or Rick.

"Oh, Dono, Cepha man, so sorry. On the behalf of Girl/Chocolate and myself, sorry for Manchilds behavior. I wasn't there and your bitch asses probably weren't there, but I deeply apologize. Sorry to have upset your barely flow asses"

Get the fuck out of here.

Dono, Cepha and some you dudes in this thread need to take a cue from Vince and grow up. This is some weird shit you guys are on. Vince doesn't owe you guys shit.
[close]
Turdy bird should have heardy words.

I have no clue what you're saying but I definitely kook'd it. I guess I was having an emotional day. Listened to that episode the next day on a long drive and it really wasn't a big deal either way.

Looking forward to another episode and I relearned not to say much until I read/watch or listen
The chillest1

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #728 on: November 19, 2020, 07:38:41 AM »
I never hated Decenzo by any means, dude is super gnarly and has always just kind of done his own thing which I appreciate as is but this was an episode that absolutely made me like him more than I thought I did. That hungover contest story was great as well. "Everyone else is doing dick tricks, I'm gonna do my own dick tricks!"

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -166
« Reply #729 on: November 19, 2020, 08:29:51 AM »
Finally listened to it and the exchange about manchild at the end was Not nearly as awkward or uncomfortable as I was expecting from reading this thread.

i think when people say 'awkward' or 'cringy' at how VA could not grasp at the fact that his boy may actually act like a kook or hold him to any sort of accountability. not that the exchange was awkward.  like you get second hand embarrassment for vincent because of the way he sees things
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -166
« Reply #730 on: November 19, 2020, 08:34:12 AM »

that is an insane comparison, but it is virtually impossible to hate on ishod
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #731 on: November 19, 2020, 08:45:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Finally listened to it and the exchange about manchild at the end was Not nearly as awkward or uncomfortable as I was expecting from reading this thread.
[close]

i think when people say 'awkward' or 'cringy' at how VA could not grasp at the fact that his boy may actually act like a kook or hold him to any sort of accountability. not that the exchange was awkward.  like you get second hand embarrassment for vincent because of the way he sees things
Exactly. At the end of it you still get the feeling he doesn't quite grasp what was just explained to him in detail.

dmemz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #732 on: November 19, 2020, 09:15:17 AM »
Solid episode Ryan was pretty damn funny. Yeah I’ve just never really dug his style but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate his skating. A nollie down el toro is insane, and a first try front 360 down Wallenberg is so sick. The Kanten Russell stuff was great

CurbyPuckit

« Reply #733 on: November 19, 2020, 11:26:39 AM »
I love when they were talking about their homie Schubat (sp?) in the post office.  Having crazy ass opinions like “all fakie tricks are wack” and “if you skate a lot of switch it’s not impressive since you do it more”.  Jesus that shit cracked me up because there’s always that dude at the park with the craziest opinions.

Anyone got any locals that kook it with some wild opinions.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #734 on: November 19, 2020, 03:57:28 PM »
I love when they were talking about their homie Schubat (sp?) in the post office.  Having crazy ass opinions like “all fakie tricks are wack” and “if you skate a lot of switch it’s not impressive since you do it more”.  Jesus that shit cracked me up because there’s always that dude at the park with the craziest opinions.

Not a homie, but I once got in an argument on IG with a guy that said a switch varial heel over a picnic table was physically impossible. Like somehow the laws of physics would prevent this trick from ever occurring, but only switch.

I also had a homie, who hasn't really skated much in the last 6 years, say that Grant Taylor was not one of the best skaters of the last decade and that to believe so was just following trends and adhering to Thrasher/Hellride/Anti-hero propaganda.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #735 on: November 19, 2020, 04:57:55 PM »
The Decenzo episode was a good one, but him calling out Yuto for only being a contest skater that can't skate street was pretty odd

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #736 on: November 19, 2020, 05:47:46 PM »
was expecting something boring but this one turned out pretty interesting. the part about kanten russell was funny. never really paid much attention to him but i remember the double set kickflip he did out here in sf was fucking tight. just watched a couple parts of his looking for that wallenberg 360 and i definitely see the machnau influence in his skating.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Nicki

« Reply #737 on: November 19, 2020, 06:27:08 PM »
was expecting something boring but this one turned out pretty interesting. the part about kanten russell was funny. never really paid much attention to him but i remember the double set kickflip he did out here in sf was fucking tight. just watched a couple parts of his looking for that wallenberg 360 and i definitely see the machnau influence in his skating.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=htLKoH1AyKs

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #738 on: November 19, 2020, 07:05:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=htLKoH1AyKs

yuppp thats the one. pretty crazy how he lands it like nothing. makes sense considering he did every other step first try too haha.woulda been cool to see him ride away from that at the contest. sucks about andrew pott vibing him.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -770
« Reply #739 on: November 20, 2020, 04:51:07 AM »
Great episode and I really like Ryan, seems levelled headed and cool

But hey..... What the fuck ??????

No mention of Tom Knox? Fucking criminal.

I especially thought the boys would be giving him shine as he is not your usual cali skater.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

LLN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #740 on: November 20, 2020, 05:45:09 AM »

I especially thought the boys would be giving him shine as he is not your usual cali skater.

Yeah that was weird. He’s just put out the best part of the year and they didn’t even acknowledge it.

Chickenbonenowitsgone

• Rep: 2
« Reply #741 on: November 20, 2020, 06:31:14 AM »
He ain’t everyone’s cup of tea mate
"I could get Steven Greer to show me his asshole for 75$" - Henry Zebrowski

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #742 on: November 20, 2020, 08:39:22 AM »
dug the interview, think his skating is ridiculous, can’t watch someone that tucks their ears into a hat on an every day basis. he looks like a children’s cartoon character wearing an adult’s hat

CurbyPuckit

« Reply #743 on: November 20, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »
The Decenzo episode was a good one, but him calling out Yuto for only being a contest skater that can't skate street was pretty odd
i think he said something more like “he really doesn’t know how to approach spots when he skates street”. I could see yuto being a dude that his TMs mostly tell him what tricks to try, because maybe as decennial said he doesn’t know what tricks to try at these spots? 

I have no idea, but I wanna assume he wasn’t talking shit on Yuto’s skating, more or less

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #744 on: November 21, 2020, 09:38:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah that was weird. He’s just put out the best part of the year and they didn’t even acknowledge it.

Cepha and Donovan, I know your reading this .... What gives ?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #745 on: November 21, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Cepha and Donovan, I know your reading this .... What gives ?

You're right too , it was part of the year.

Mason may be SOTY and deservedly so. But Knox had the best single part this year.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #746 on: November 21, 2020, 10:57:30 AM »
I'd be shocked if Mason didn't get it. He definitely deserves it, but Knox/Silvas at least deserve a mention.

Just caught up on the last couple episodes this morning. They definitely handled that VA/Manchild question with tact.

Shout out for the CHPO box  8)

Grind King Rims

« Reply #747 on: November 21, 2020, 12:46:59 PM »
Woooo, that watch actually looks nice! Wear well!

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #748 on: November 21, 2020, 02:03:12 PM »
Woooo, that watch actually looks nice! Wear well!
Yeah dude. It’s the Ghalia. It looks great with the thin grey leather band. I’ll have to report back with a wear test. I’ve had a few Nixon watches and the bands all disintegrate in like a year.

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #749 on: November 21, 2020, 02:19:34 PM »

one the most talented skaters in my area used to argue with me over backside and frontside boardslides. every bs/fs designation made sense to him except the boards. he also liked to rub his ballsack then sniff his hand after sessions

anyway the ryan decenzo episode was great. the hungover contest story had me stifling laughter at my desk