Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 299933 times)

Luddite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #750 on: November 21, 2020, 04:54:52 PM »
I was really hoping they were going to address a rumor I once heard about Anti Hero offering him a spot on the team/career makeover after he impressed them on KOTR.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #751 on: November 25, 2020, 02:55:28 PM »
New Bunt with Hugo is one of the best episodes of all time.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #752 on: November 25, 2020, 02:58:45 PM »

Somehow the episodes with lesser known skaters are always the  best. Mitch B is still my favourite episode

Chris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #753 on: November 25, 2020, 03:51:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Somehow the episodes with lesser known skaters are always the  best. Mitch B is still my favourite episode

An absolute barn burner. That scratch and win story.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #754 on: November 25, 2020, 11:33:28 PM »
That Hugo episode was too good, dude has the best stories. I wonder what Jamie Thomas was saying when Dono mentioned JT hit him up after that Ryan Smith episode

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -313
« Reply #755 on: November 26, 2020, 12:58:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I revisit it often, he’s laugh has my dying every time.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #756 on: November 26, 2020, 06:04:31 AM »
canadian skaters always have the best episodes on this

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #757 on: November 26, 2020, 06:11:43 AM »
That Hugo episode was too good, dude has the best stories. I wonder what Jamie Thomas was saying when Dono mentioned JT hit him up after that Ryan Smith episode

Lottery ticket story was priceless

Grind King Rims

« Reply #758 on: November 26, 2020, 01:27:15 PM »
Hearing the boys dying laughing at the scratch off story was so infectious. They were really crying with laughter. Love to hear it.

I've only started listening recently but I'm listening to probably 3/4 episodes a day now and getting through them fast. Love the show.

Maybe it's been discussed, but I feel really bad for Cepha about his concussion situation. Maybe I'm imagining it, but it sounds like he's a speaking noticeably slower and with less energy in recent episodes compared to last season. The poor guy. I think around the time of the Jahmir Brown episode in October I thought he was just sick/hungover, but he's still sounding a bit out of it on recent ones. Maybe I'm tripping, I just hope he's okay.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #759 on: November 27, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Holy shit! Finally got around to listening to this one. That lottery story segment was probably the funniest story they’ve ever had in the show. I was dying laughing along!

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #760 on: November 27, 2020, 06:50:12 PM »
It’s cool people on here pretty much all seem into the show now. I remember when the nora one came out everyone was talking shit about how disrespectful they were. Which i actually thought was hilarious, they were clearly just fucking around and basically making fun of themselves. Cepha asked nora what tricks he would have to do to win her heart lol

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #761 on: November 27, 2020, 08:17:08 PM »
It’s cool people on here pretty much all seem into the show now. I remember when the nora one came out everyone was talking shit about how disrespectful they were. Which i actually thought was hilarious, they were clearly just fucking around and basically making fun of themselves. Cepha asked nora what tricks he would have to do to win her heart lol
i mean that shit was and is whack. i'd imagine they've both grown a lot in the years between then and now. they come off incredibly thoughtful now. in that episode they sounded like they were salivating fools at last call

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #762 on: November 27, 2020, 08:21:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Holy shit! Finally got around to listening to this one. That lottery story segment was probably the funniest story they’ve ever had in the show. I was dying laughing along!
I couldn't help but burst out into laughter at work while listening.  I appreciate people that will tell their embarrassing stories for our entertainment. 

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #763 on: November 27, 2020, 09:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
I couldn't help but burst out into laughter at work while listening.  I appreciate people that will tell their embarrassing stories for our entertainment.

I absolutely died laughing. Probably best bunt moment so far. Love this pod. Canadian guests forever please.

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #764 on: November 27, 2020, 10:55:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i mean that shit was and is whack. i'd imagine they've both grown a lot in the years between then and now. they come off incredibly thoughtful now. in that episode they sounded like they were salivating fools at last call

I'm glad I wasn't sipping a Steam Whistle when I read this.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #765 on: November 28, 2020, 02:02:47 PM »
the only buzz

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #766 on: November 29, 2020, 12:31:40 AM »
man, just listened to the hugo balek episode. so much funny shit, hugo is a damn cool and funny guy. sick to hear that he got surgery and can skate again after that foot debacle hiatus.

mareo

• Rep: -335
« Reply #767 on: November 29, 2020, 05:13:29 AM »
Shane Oneill posted on his IG the part where Decenzo says kids like Yuto don't know how to navigate their way around street spots.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #768 on: November 29, 2020, 06:25:20 AM »
i bet yuto is totally fine skating streetspots. he will deliver insane hammers, no doubt.

but its the logistics that makes the difference.
i can imagine him to get spotbabysitted by the filmer. like the filmer has to research the spot, come up with the tricks he wants yuto to film, picks yuto up, feeds him, drives him to the spot, tells him what to do, films it, puts him back in the car, buys him some drive trough that doesn´t require a fork, get him back home and tuck him in.

there is no way yuto wakes up in the morning, having a spot in mind, figuring out how to get there, calls his friends, drives around and picks them up, blasts some tunes, talks shit, banters, meets up with the filmer, decides for a lunchspot himself, has an easy going warmup sesh, comes up with a creative nbd, or has even researched what was nbd before, bets money with his friends on if he does it, tries it, gets frustrated, gets loud, swears, lands it and makes someone do the beerrun for reward, get tipsy, goes for greasy food, goes home and masturbates to dirtbagp on his phone under the blanked before falling asleep.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #769 on: November 30, 2020, 08:58:48 AM »
I thought Ryan meant that Yuto couldn't navigate in the literal sense, as in he didn't know his way around.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #770 on: November 30, 2020, 01:42:34 PM »
Lol the Hugo episode was funny. I don’t know who that guy is but enjoyed the show lol. Particularly, when he switched to Jamie Thomas texting voice lmao

Is this what a Canadian accent sounds like? Or like a certain place in Canada. Or am I trippin. Hugo reminded me of how Dustin Henry and Will Marshal speaks. All great episodes lol

nothing's been the since same

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1269
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #771 on: November 30, 2020, 01:49:43 PM »
Lol the Hugo episode was funny. I don’t know who that guy is but enjoyed the show lol. Particularly, when he switched to Jamie Thomas texting voice lmao

Is this what a Canadian accent sounds like? Or like a certain place in Canada. Or am I trippin. Hugo reminded me of how Dustin Henry and Will Marshal speaks. All great episodes lol
Never heard Dustin or Wil talk but that's definitely a French Canadian accent
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #772 on: November 30, 2020, 02:03:11 PM »
whatsoever man

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -166
« Reply #773 on: December 01, 2020, 07:11:43 AM »

the fish story was awesome too
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #774 on: December 01, 2020, 09:01:25 AM »
i bet yuto is totally fine skating streetspots. he will deliver insane hammers, no doubt.

but its the logistics that makes the difference.
i can imagine him to get spotbabysitted by the filmer. like the filmer has to research the spot, come up with the tricks he wants yuto to film, picks yuto up, feeds him, drives him to the spot, tells him what to do, films it, puts him back in the car, buys him some drive trough that doesn´t require a fork, get him back home and tuck him in.

there is no way yuto wakes up in the morning, having a spot in mind, figuring out how to get there, calls his friends, drives around and picks them up, blasts some tunes, talks shit, banters, meets up with the filmer, decides for a lunchspot himself, has an easy going warmup sesh, comes up with a creative nbd, or has even researched what was nbd before, bets money with his friends on if he does it, tries it, gets frustrated, gets loud, swears, lands it and makes someone do the beerrun for reward, get tipsy, goes for greasy food, goes home and masturbates to dirtbagp on his phone under the blanked before falling asleep.

Bizarro world yuto sounds cool as fuck. Would grab beers with bizarro yuto

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #775 on: December 01, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'm glad I wasn't sipping a Steam Whistle when I read this.
Cicero Benson.

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #776 on: December 01, 2020, 12:51:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
All three of them are French Canadian. Montreal n Quebec areas I believe

doyle

• Rep: 209
« Reply #777 on: December 01, 2020, 04:52:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
All three of them are French Canadian. Montreal n Quebec areas I believe
Nope, Will's from Ontario and Dustin's from Alberta.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #778 on: December 01, 2020, 07:29:37 PM »

Well, if your sample for Canadian accents is that one episode of the Bunt, and the two hosts are Canadian, and they don't sound like the only other person on the pod, you could make the assumption that he is the outlier, no? His accent is definitely a French first language speaker speaking English. And he sounds nothing like Dustin or Will.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #779 on: December 01, 2020, 08:21:25 PM »
I think they all kinda sound like a French-Canadian Bam

I made another really good meme: