Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300318 times)

hmmmokay

Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #780 on: December 01, 2020, 08:30:08 PM »
Hugo episode has been giving me some good laughs, much needed these days.

Mainly came here to post the freakout clip, a classic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/kp7oCODYej/

Looking forward to tomorrows ep with Walker Ryan. I enjoy his "old friends catch up" pod.

TheFandangler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #781 on: December 01, 2020, 08:44:32 PM »
Hugo episode has been giving me some good laughs, much needed these days.

Mainly came here to post the freakout clip, a classic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/kp7oCODYej/

Looking forward to tomorrows ep with Walker Ryan. I enjoy his "old friends catch up" pod.

Walker's got a podcast?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #782 on: December 02, 2020, 04:29:56 AM »
Cephas sounds like he is barely alive. Hope he is ok. Also someone is breathing really heavily into the mic.

Also Walker Ryan calling out core shoe brands. Didn't expect that! Great guy who probably deserved better.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 04:58:59 AM by HORSES »

Acky Jacky

« Reply #783 on: December 02, 2020, 07:56:17 AM »
I’ve only been to Montreal once but man, they’ve got some great people up there. The French Canadian English accent is so endearing IMO.

hmmmokay

« Reply #784 on: December 02, 2020, 08:17:22 AM »
Walker's got a podcast?

https://open.spotify.com/show/57SQsb3gGJ4g9xIXgjeF7r

Indeed. It's Walker and that guy Kyle Brown. Monthly releases and they have some "premium"(?) content for patreon supporters, which I am not.

It's probably not for everyone but the regular eps are free, and it's skateboarding related, so I'll listen.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #785 on: December 02, 2020, 08:42:04 AM »
damn...

...SOVRN is berrics skateboards confirmed

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

thingsthingsthings

• Rep: 32
« Reply #786 on: December 04, 2020, 04:04:34 PM »
Just got around to listening. Pretty bland episode, but loved the bit with Walker confronting them about earlier Sebo shit talking "If I could be his trick coach for one part he'd be SOTY"

michael scarn

« Reply #787 on: December 04, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »
Just got around to listening. Pretty bland episode, but loved the bit with Walker confronting them about earlier Sebo shit talking "If I could be his trick coach for one part he'd be SOTY"

I dig how they stand up for what they said. Shit, they've never said anything about sebo as a person, just that his trick selection is wack af which is true imo.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #788 on: December 04, 2020, 05:31:10 PM »
That was a highlight of a pretty boring episode. Walker definitely seems nice and all, though. Very smart and well spoken. I've always liked him and thought he had hard luck on sponsors. Mad to think the DLX was giving him boards before he went to Berrics baords.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #789 on: December 04, 2020, 11:24:22 PM »
The Hugo one cracked me up pretty bad.....'back in the days!'

They have a variety of guests and are usually pretty well researched....

Nicki

« Reply #790 on: December 04, 2020, 11:57:10 PM »
Cephas sounds like he is barely alive. Hope he is ok. Also someone is breathing really heavily into the mic.

Also Walker Ryan calling out core shoe brands. Didn't expect that! Great guy who probably deserved better.

Yeah, that was the highlight. I always liked his skating, but it’s hard to get past riding for SOVRN though - Berra brand co-owned by Mikey - that’s pretty unforgivable. Walker seems chill but associating himself with scientology and Mikey’s rent seeking/tax dodging shill fuckery is completely wack. He’s undersold himself for sure.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h3RS7BhWOLs
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 12:11:56 AM by Nicki »

Grind King Rims

« Reply #791 on: December 05, 2020, 04:42:21 AM »
Yeah riding for Berrics skateboards really sucks, but the one thing that can be said in his defense is that he really is true to his beliefs and he does that in a pretty humble way. What I mean is that he seems aware of the things in skating that aren't seen as cool, but he likes what he likes, and that goes for Sovrn, Sebo Walker, DVS, etc. I don't know if that makes sense, but he sounds very genuine and I like that. And I'd read his book. And if he wanted to hold hands or whatever, like, cool, y'know, I don't care...

Nicki

« Reply #792 on: December 05, 2020, 06:06:05 AM »
Yeah riding for Berrics skateboards really sucks, but the one thing that can be said in his defense is that he really is true to his beliefs and he does that in a pretty humble way. What I mean is that he seems aware of the things in skating that aren't seen as cool, but he likes what he likes, and that goes for Sovrn, Sebo Walker, DVS, etc. I don't know if that makes sense, but he sounds very genuine and I like that. And I'd read his book. And if he wanted to hold hands or whatever, like, cool, y'know, I don't care...

Maybe not DVS, aye? Walker said DVS were poorly made, fall apart, and generally DVS was badly run. And he skates Nikes. Sebo gets a lot of ridicule but Krooked is undeniably legit. SOVRN is nonsense, even Walker was struggling to think of who was on the team. Sure, he’s a sweetheart but would you hold his hand while he was carrying a SVRN deck?? Not a chance!

Grind King Rims

« Reply #793 on: December 05, 2020, 06:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe not DVS, aye? Walker said DVS were poorly made, fall apart, and generally DVS was badly run. And he skates Nikes. Sebo gets a lot of ridicule but Krooked is undeniably legit. SOVRN is nonsense, even Walker was struggling to think of who was on the team. Sure, he’s a sweetheart but would you hold his hand while he was carrying a SVRN deck?? Not a chance!

Fair, fair, fair.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #794 on: December 05, 2020, 06:57:06 AM »
That episode was a vastly different vibe than Hugo’s but I enjoyed it. Kinda forgot that Walker was a college grad but he seems like a level headed guy so it shows. Kinda curious to read his book.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #795 on: December 05, 2020, 08:30:39 AM »
His book does sound sick tbh.I thought the talk around pursuing school and pursuing a industry spot in the skateboarding world was good.

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #796 on: December 05, 2020, 11:33:02 AM »
Different to the Hugo ep but shows why The Bunt is the best out. They can change gears and pull off both the silly & serious to equal effect.

The chat about Cephas/Dono turning pro was quite good. They take it all on the chin and engage with the guests, whereas Crob will act (?) dumb, do zero research and talk about a cafe con leche spot this putting out an inferior product.

Sidenote after listening to DeCenzo ep I’d love them to interview Paul Machnau. Dude  probably has some wild stories behind some of those crazy hammers. 

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #797 on: December 05, 2020, 07:32:08 PM »
Ecstatic to say I’m reading his book right now

On my amazon kindle

Because nobody would ever print that trash

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #798 on: December 05, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »
timestamp?

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #799 on: December 06, 2020, 05:12:01 AM »

On my amazon kindle

what don’t you like about it? I was going to buy it

Nicki

« Reply #800 on: December 06, 2020, 05:43:34 AM »
Expand Quote

On my amazon kindle

[close]

25 bucks for a 300 page paperback?

https://oldfriendsandco.com/products/top-of-mason-by-walker-ryan

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #801 on: December 06, 2020, 08:18:58 AM »
Damn Walker actively explaining he’s trying not to be racist with the Chinese nollie, then calling a skate style Apache fade bc it looks like throwing a tomahawk seemed kinda counterintuitive.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #802 on: December 06, 2020, 08:33:25 AM »
Damn Walker actively explaining he’s trying not to be racist with the Chinese nollie, then calling a skate style Apache fade bc it looks like throwing a tomahawk seemed kinda counterintuitive.

Hahahaha, oh yeah, I caught that as well.

Not for nothing but I've always just called them crack nollies.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #803 on: December 06, 2020, 08:35:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

On my amazon kindle

[close]
[close]

25 bucks for a 300 page paperback?

https://oldfriendsandco.com/products/top-of-mason-by-walker-ryan

Yeesh, that first paragraph. Not what you'd call a strong start.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #804 on: December 08, 2020, 03:43:41 PM »
Shane Heyl tmrw. Could be extremely entertaining or extremely annoying.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #805 on: December 08, 2020, 03:44:42 PM »

For all the hate he gets, he does speak pretty well.

• Rep: 54
« Reply #806 on: December 08, 2020, 06:42:07 PM »
Which camera has to "log the footage after each clip"? Does RED camera do that? It sounds like whoever was on that camera just straight up missed the trick. Timestamp 33:30 if you didn't listen to the episode.

I think you can see it in the hand of the guy who walks up to him at 2:20 in the raw footage -> youtu.be/Cxffb_1k3us

It was probably a Sony FS-700. If you shoot in Super Slow Motion, you can only capture 8-16 second bursts before it buffers and writes to the card. So if he was filming the trick before Walkers attempt, it was most likely still processing.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #807 on: December 09, 2020, 12:02:55 AM »
Always thought Walker got a raw deal in the industry.  He fucking kills it and deserves better, imo

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #808 on: December 09, 2020, 12:08:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For all the hate he gets, he does speak pretty well.

In my experience he was articulate and easy to talk to "when the cameras were off".

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #809 on: December 09, 2020, 07:20:35 AM »
this one was tight, dudes definitely seen skateboarding history go down live.

a new horizon was so sick, mad heads in that. also such a classic ending to jump off a building, love that.