Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300309 times)

shredder sequel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #840 on: December 16, 2020, 09:07:28 AM »
the quitting element story is very sick. what a g.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #841 on: December 16, 2020, 09:17:54 AM »
the quitting element story is very sick. what a g.

Imagine being 15 and telling the TM that straight up, so good.

The Whole Food last story/debate made me laugh, one of the best parts of the whole season 

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #842 on: December 16, 2020, 09:35:37 AM »
She filmed that WKND part in two weeks?!
She can only do a few tricks dude

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #843 on: December 16, 2020, 09:46:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh fuck off you dweeb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv_mufnqdgM

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #844 on: December 16, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »
Holy fuck pals...I couldn’t have timed my morning spliff any better.  I reached peak highness right as Alexis told the Whole Foods story and I don’t think I’ve ever laughed harder at a podcast.  Good shit

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #845 on: December 16, 2020, 11:35:15 AM »
That was great! She seemed well fed up of Chephas going on & on about the grapes though haha.

Was really hoping for some PJ stories from WHL video days but alas not. He would be the holy grail of podcast interviews (especially now with whatever religious shit he got going on)

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #846 on: December 16, 2020, 01:37:20 PM »
I’m backing Alexis SOTY. She’s awesome and put out an instant classic part.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

suchluck

• Rep: 5
« Reply #847 on: December 16, 2020, 02:20:25 PM »
What video is the Walker Ryan trick in? The  spot Alexis talked about bunting at with the heavy security.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #848 on: December 16, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »
What video is the Walker Ryan trick in? The  spot Alexis talked about bunting at with the heavy security.
Last trick in John Shanahan's new part

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI1M6QOFTAd/
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

hot take

« Reply #849 on: December 16, 2020, 03:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

oh fuck off you dweeb

Oh shut up you internet loser you know I’m right

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #850 on: December 16, 2020, 05:32:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

oh fuck off you dweeb

[close]

100% sure her switch flip is better than yours
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #851 on: December 17, 2020, 02:40:22 AM »
Alexis is a legend, for sure. Met her a handful of times when I lived in NYC and she was always cool  to me.

I feel like her story is quite unique and kind of feels you in on how the skateboarding industry has evolved. She didn't have anyone wanting to sponsor/pay her after PJLWHL. It also sounded like she could make either the same amount or more money from skating those 2 female contests a year.

Her stance on Element in malls and thinking moving to Cali with nothing to do but skate would be boring is golden, ha.

Real talk though, what's your stance on eating those grapes haha?

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #852 on: December 17, 2020, 06:55:56 AM »
I used to work near a whole foods and I would reuse the 50% stickers. I would find them peel them off put them on what I wanted then when I was down stick them to the inside of my wallet. I would use them like 3 times before they looked to battered. I wonder what kind of file they have on a pos like myself.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #853 on: December 17, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
Expand Quote
this one was tight, dudes definitely seen skateboarding history go down live.

a new horizon was so sick, mad heads in that. also such a classic ending to jump off a building, love that.
[close]

one of my favorite videos growing up. still have it on VHS and now I wish I had a VCR.

Goddamn this video was so good. I used to put it on to fall asleep in my room during middle school haha.

I love the way it was shot and they skated a lot of spots around where I am from so it felt super relatable. I found a stream of it on Vimeo a few years back and rewatched it. Still great as ever

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #854 on: December 18, 2020, 10:10:49 AM »
Sablone episode was so sick. she's so rad.

also nice to hear the bunt acknowledge their lack of diversity. cool to be straight up about it and take criticism without getting pissy and defensive IE typical dude reaction

side note does anyone else pay attention to when skaters talk about their feelings, or to what degree they share their opinion and thoughts on something?lots of skaters deflect with humor or just avoid answering directly. I also pay attention to how good someone is at listening/interrupting another guest/host? there's some mansplaining sometimes lol

dudes also do this thing where they start talking loud and interrupt, and repeat the first word or part of it until they get their chance to talk over someone. happens most often on 9klub since there's just a group of dudes, most often so cal dudes, around a table. kelly seems like  a sweety tho he apologizes when he interrupts and lets people speak

are there any english skateboarding podcasts? would be fun to listen to and analyze their communication style. that british reserve lol

nothing's been the since same

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #855 on: December 18, 2020, 10:30:41 AM »

also nice to hear the bunt acknowledge their lack of diversity. cool to be straight up about it and take criticism without getting pissy and defensive IE typical dude reaction

side note does anyone else pay attention to when skaters talk about their feelings, or to what degree they share their opinion and thoughts on something?lots of skaters deflect with humor or just avoid answering directly. I also pay attention to how good someone is at listening/interrupting another guest/host? there's some mansplaining sometimes lol

dudes also do this thing where they start talking loud and interrupt, and repeat the first word or part of it until they get their chance to talk over someone. happens most often on 9klub since there's just a group of dudes, most often so cal dudes, around a table. kelly seems like  a sweety tho he apologizes when he interrupts and lets people speak

are there any english skateboarding podcasts? would be fun to listen to and analyze their communication style. that british reserve lol
Not sure about British skate pods but I’d also love to check one out if anyone knows one. I just remember when Tom Knox was on the 9 club and Chris Roberts wouldn’t stop interrupting Tom to talk about himself and how much he liked Paul Shier and Dan Magee. Bunt gang for life. Alexis episode was sick

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • no not never. looser.
« Reply #856 on: December 18, 2020, 10:39:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not sure about British skate pods but I’d also love to check one out if anyone knows one. I just remember when Tom Knox was on the 9 club and Chris Roberts wouldn’t stop interrupting Tom to talk about himself and how much he liked Paul Shier and Dan Magee. Bunt gang for life. Alexis episode was sick

lol i gotta listen to that tom knox one. he' a sick skater and  i don't know much about him. it's annoying when americans meet english people and do bad impressions of english accents and then tell them what they know about england or try to guess what part of london they're from lol

i work retail/service and have had a handful of English co workers where this would happen to them often lol

nevrwasben

« Reply #857 on: December 18, 2020, 02:22:55 PM »
They just skipped right over the whole Picture Show conversation; what gives??

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • no not never. looser.
« Reply #858 on: December 18, 2020, 02:27:00 PM »
oh yeah the quitting weekend question was awkward. herpes tho

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #859 on: December 18, 2020, 04:08:47 PM »

What's the Picture Show conversation?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #860 on: December 18, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Between WKND and Alltimers there was a SLAP rumour that Alexis skated for Picture Show for like a month or two, but was she ever officially on? This is the first official team announcement I remember from PS and Alexis isn't listed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWjuIX4hnIk

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #861 on: December 18, 2020, 05:47:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Between WKND and Alltimers there was a SLAP rumour that Alexis skated for Picture Show for like a month or two, but was she ever officially on? This is the first official team announcement I remember from PS and Alexis isn't listed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWjuIX4hnIk

I think that was a 'rumour' based on Picture Show Studios following a bunch of the WKND riders initially. Nothing in it, I don't think, and I don't think she was on.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #862 on: December 18, 2020, 06:05:47 PM »
Cephas disgust that she put the entire bag back was amazing.

shrimptoastcrunch

« Reply #863 on: December 18, 2020, 06:25:28 PM »
Alexis is a legend, for sure. Met her a handful of times when I lived in NYC and she was always cool  to me.

I feel like her story is quite unique and kind of feels you in on how the skateboarding industry has evolved. She didn't have anyone wanting to sponsor/pay her after PJLWHL. It also sounded like she could make either the same amount or more money from skating those 2 female contests a year.

Her stance on Element in malls and thinking moving to Cali with nothing to do but skate would be boring is golden, ha.

Real talk though, what's your stance on eating those grapes haha?

Even bigger fan after hearing the grapes story. I used to get a bag of those bulk malted milk balls and munch on them until finally ditching them in the last aisle. No one ever said shit but I have white male privilege. Making someone else buy it after is next level savagery.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #864 on: December 18, 2020, 06:35:17 PM »
The problem is you don't take the entire bag with you, continue shopping while snacking on the grapes, then put the bag back when you're done shopping. That's insane. Just pick a grape or two while in the produce section like a civilized human being.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #865 on: December 18, 2020, 07:22:06 PM »
either steal the grapes or don’t steal the grapes. or kinda steal the grapes but just a few but don’t mostly steal the grapes then not steal them, the grapes

Tireeedd

• Rep: 27
« Reply #866 on: December 18, 2020, 07:53:57 PM »
The problem is you don't take the entire bag with you, continue shopping while snacking on the grapes, then put the bag back when you're done shopping. That's insane. Just pick a grape or two while in the produce section like a civilized human being.

Alright Daniel, you've never done some shit like that at Hillcrest Whole Foods?

hot take

« Reply #867 on: December 19, 2020, 04:05:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

oh fuck off you dweeb

[close]
[close]

Well I switch flip like Jon Dickson buddy so I think it’s safe to say you’re wrong!

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #868 on: December 19, 2020, 06:04:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

oh fuck off you dweeb

[close]
[close]

[close]
Well I switch flip like Jon Dickson buddy so I think it’s safe to say you’re wrong!

I'm not your buddy, friend! You probably smell like Jon Dickson too (which, just to be clear, is bad)
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Acky Jacky

« Reply #869 on: December 19, 2020, 06:55:23 AM »
I mean the grapes are sold by weight usually not by the bag, so it’s a huge gray area. I’ve definitely taken some grapes out of the bag and put them in another bag when I was trying to save money on grapes. Nothing wrong there I don’t think. Snacking on them while walking around then putting them back sounds entitled, but she was 20, 21 so that’s a pretty entitled age.

If anyone has her board please refer to my classifieds WTB post. Alexis Sablone rules and so does The Bunt.