Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300336 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #1080 on: April 14, 2021, 11:58:50 AM »
I'm so glad he beat that little twerp

https://youtu.be/sUOQQLWqb7g
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Lin Thizzy

• Rep: 86
« Reply #1081 on: April 14, 2021, 02:09:48 PM »
Aside from seeing the nollie bigspin security guard clip he talked about in the interview, I hadn't really seen or heard too much of Kevin White.
Interesting to get the backstory on that clip.
I watched his MAY1918 part after listening to his interview.
Man can skate - good style and trick selection, and the Keenan and Photosynthesis influence he mentioned is apparent.
Funny to hear him drop Josh Douglas as the last person he'd want on a sesh... "easy". haha
I wonder what that beef is about..

ricky bobby

« Reply #1082 on: April 14, 2021, 06:30:04 PM »
Hahaha rapid fire was fucking sick. Am I tripping or was there a thread that mentioned Josh Douglas kooking it on here?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1083 on: April 14, 2021, 11:26:45 PM »

that was nice. he wiped the fucking floor with that double flip instagram kid.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1084 on: April 15, 2021, 02:33:21 PM »
Latest season continues to receritify itself as a barnburner.

Kevin seems like a good dude. Liked hearing Maldonado talking about eating veggie.

Is the Ghost good tho? Am I tripping or anyone else think he seems a bit off?

I know he's been struggling with the concussions, so maybe it's related to that. Just seems a bit slower than normal.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1085 on: April 16, 2021, 05:00:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that was nice. he wiped the fucking floor with that double flip Instagram kid.

I love that the Versace did not give a fuck at all about the berrics. His last ig posts are insane tho

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #1086 on: April 16, 2021, 05:33:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I love that the Versace did not give a fuck at all about the berrics. His last ig posts are insane tho

Hyun is good - I refuse to refer to him as "Versace", his vibe and Instagram/YouTube skater's just generally aren't for me. I also think if he really didn't give a fuck about the Berrics he wouldn't have been there. Does anyone else instantly think "Versace Butt Plug" when you hear that Insta handle haha?

On note of the pod, this made me a bigger fan of Kevin White. Need to go re-watch some of his parts.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #1087 on: April 16, 2021, 08:37:56 AM »
I think Plug meant he got the flight paid by the berrics and visiting USA/CA was the true win because he got to get at American spots/life. "Flatground Pro" IS an unequivocally butthurt sentiment.

Id love to get to know Bob LaSalle via this podcast.

For the guests who are "of a certain age" and are no longer in the skate forefront: i wish the bunt dudes would do a more thorough job of asking what those guys are doing now and what life after youth/skating looks like. It was hard to hear Maldonado say "Nahhhthing" when they asked him what he had going on---conveniently just after effectively saying companies had to pay him more in order to get more out of him. 
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1088 on: April 16, 2021, 09:08:41 AM »
Latest season continues to receritify itself as a barnburner.

Kevin seems like a good dude. Liked hearing Maldonado talking about eating veggie.

Is the Ghost good tho? Am I tripping or anyone else think he seems a bit off?

I know he's been struggling with the concussions, so maybe it's related to that. Just seems a bit slower than normal.

i actually was thinking about this the other day and came to the conclusion that we just have a bigger catalog and they have better mics so its easier to tell when he comes in all amped and buzzing vs. when hes just a little more even.  he also may just have had life stress going on at the time when he was recording these, who knows.

one thing that that did make me raise an eyebrow was a moment  near the end of the emails where annoyance in DJones' voice at Cephas was weirdly sincere. like i get it they work together a lot and are super close friends so obliviously they may sometimes get a little friction, that's totally normal-- but it was kind of jarring to hear the 4th wall crack slightly.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #1089 on: April 16, 2021, 12:23:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lol....

He definitely did. He didn't fly across the world for a few free days holiday.

His whole shtick is being aloof and too cool for school
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #1090 on: April 16, 2021, 02:29:12 PM »
I think Plug meant he got the flight paid by the berrics and visiting USA/CA was the true win because he got to get at American spots/life. "Flatground Pro" IS an unequivocally butthurt sentiment.

Id love to get to know Bob LaSalle via this podcast.

For the guests who are "of a certain age" and are no longer in the skate forefront: i wish the bunt dudes would do a more thorough job of asking what those guys are doing now and what life after youth/skating looks like. It was hard to hear Maldonado say "Nahhhthing" when they asked him what he had going on---conveniently just after effectively saying companies had to pay him more in order to get more out of him.
Lot of them probably don't have much going on, and could be a bit of a touchy subject.  Feel like The bunt dudes knowingly avoid the subject unless the guest brings it up, which is probably a smart move.

sultsult

• Rep: -12
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1091 on: April 17, 2021, 12:46:38 AM »

Totally forgot about this

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1092 on: April 17, 2021, 04:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol....

pretty sur he did not just flew to the states for a game of skate. The guy refuse to get sponsored by big board brands, I am pretty sur he does not care about a berrics game of skate (as most of the pro do exept the Luan and other who are making it their lane nowadays). Did not really care for him at first but he is just too good.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #1093 on: April 17, 2021, 10:40:02 AM »

Totally forgot about this
damn me too. bout to listen to his today, wish he stuck it out on baker when bootleg/J split. Hed still have a board out.

hot take alert im sure some of yall will misunderstand what im about to say and complain:

kevin seems cool for sure, humble, good stories etc but hes the ultimate pity pro. you can be the homie and be on the trips. but you dont need your name on a board. then again maybe the kids like him and wanted it bc its relatable compared to watching someone like ishod or anyone else with a board. big reynolds giving shane a board for a few seasons energy. its cool and i can back it.

being pro dont mean shit no more shrug emohi

free max b
FREE MAX B

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1094 on: April 17, 2021, 12:06:49 PM »
Aside from seeing the nollie bigspin security guard clip he talked about in the interview, I hadn't really seen or heard too much of Kevin White.
Interesting to get the backstory on that clip.
I watched his MAY1918 part after listening to his interview.
Man can skate - good style and trick selection, and the Keenan and Photosynthesis influence he mentioned is apparent.
Funny to hear him drop Josh Douglas as the last person he'd want on a sesh... "easy". haha
I wonder what that beef is about..

He is good but imo his style sucks. It looks like it lacks pop. (Not saying he has no poo, but he makes it look like he doesn’t)
And in the berrics game every trick done by him was landed shitty/shaky

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1095 on: April 17, 2021, 12:09:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol....

[close]

pretty sur he did not just flew to the states for a game of skate. The guy refuse to get sponsored by big board brands, I am pretty sur he does not care about a berrics game of skate (as most of the pro do exept the Luan and other who are making it their lane nowadays). Did not really care for him at first but he is just too good.

How do you know he refuses to get sponsored by big board brands? I heard he actually has a deal with Versace. They'll be releasing a pro model Versace Butt Plug soon.

BieberStance

« Reply #1096 on: April 17, 2021, 12:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol....

[close]

[close]

How do you know he refuses to get sponsored by big board brands? I heard he actually has a deal with Versace. They'll be releasing a pro model Versace Butt Plug soon.

Thats bullshit. His brother who started flytecc is now making boards aswell. They will keep doing their own thing with some sidedabble in influencer money

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #1097 on: April 17, 2021, 12:38:51 PM »
(Not saying he has no poo, but he makes it look like he doesn’t)
Shout out to everyone concealing shit worldwide
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1098 on: April 17, 2021, 12:48:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol....

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thats bullshit. His brother who started flytecc is now making boards aswell. They will keep doing their own thing with some sidedabble in influencer money
You must have missed his insta post:

BieberStance

« Reply #1099 on: April 17, 2021, 03:18:12 PM »
Expand Quote
(Not saying he has no poo, but he makes it look like he doesn’t)
[close]
Shout out to everyone concealing shit worldwide

;D

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #1100 on: April 17, 2021, 06:14:51 PM »
I didn’t get the part where Kevin said it was lame for kids to try and mimic Sean & Sage. He later goes on to say that Sage & Sean mimic and emulate other pros (ie dylan, dill, ave) and get their influence from them and says it’s “their thing” and that it’s lame that other kids copy them. In his eyes, shouldn’t Sage and Sean be lame as well for copying the pros that they look up to? Seems somewhat of a double standard.

Overall the interview was great, though. I didn’t know much about Kevin and he seems like a rad dude with a good head on his shoulders. I watched the Slap Pals interview after listening to this one

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1101 on: April 18, 2021, 12:30:52 AM »
I didn’t get the part where Kevin said it was lame for kids to try and mimic Sean & Sage. He later goes on to say that Sage & Sean mimic and emulate other pros (ie dylan, dill, ave) and get their influence from them and says it’s “their thing” and that it’s lame that other kids copy them. In his eyes, shouldn’t Sage and Sean be lame as well for copying the pros that they look up to? Seems somewhat of a double standard.

Overall the interview was great, though. I didn’t know much about Kevin and he seems like a rad dude with a good head on his shoulders. I watched the Slap Pals interview after listening to this one

I'd agree that it did sound like a double standard. It sounded like he was alluding to people trying to mimic them without knowing who they were trying to mimic/who their influences where? Still, you could probably follow that chain up on whoever. Pretty obvious most of the time when someone's attempting to be a clone though vs just skating and having been influenced by certain skaters. Pablo in particular was - still is? - trying to be a clone of Dylan. If I saw a "Pablo" clone I wouldn't even think of him, I'd still think of Dylan first.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1102 on: April 18, 2021, 04:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol....

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You must have missed his insta post:

Torey asked him to get on Thank You and he said I don’t do sponsors. But he was getting primitive boards for a while. I think he only wants to get on something that he likes

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #1103 on: April 19, 2021, 06:38:40 PM »
Ironically this was the bunts first bunt. Kevin White doesn’t even deserve to be am he’s mediocre and IC isn’t a company. The biggest surprise is that hes 27. Like jeez you’d think he’d take the hint skating isnt for him. Mikey is the worst IC is the worst and this was of a waste of an episode after so many legends the past few months.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #1104 on: April 19, 2021, 06:59:32 PM »
^probs versace plugs account.

to all the haters, don't listen to the episode and keep your rude comments to yourself. the bunts not your pod, they can interview whoever tf they want. Being a piece of shit online is the lamest thing ever. if you wouldn't say shit to somebodies face, don't say it online.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1105 on: April 19, 2021, 07:57:14 PM »
Ironically this was the bunts first bunt. Kevin White doesn’t even deserve to be am he’s mediocre and IC isn’t a company. The biggest surprise is that hes 27. Like jeez you’d think he’d take the hint skating isnt for him. Mikey is the worst IC is the worst and this was of a waste of an episode after so many legends the past few months.

Pretty harsh. I can see why there's a demand for a board with his name on it, and he seems to be universally loved by other pros/skateboarders in the industry. All your favourites probably back him too. You gonna question their judgement too? The Bunt are clearly stoked on him too to have him on the podcast.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #1106 on: April 19, 2021, 11:53:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty harsh. I can see why there's a demand for a board with his name on it, and he seems to be universally loved by other pros/skateboarders in the industry. All your favourites probably back him too. You gonna question their judgement too? The Bunt are clearly stoked on him too to have him on the podcast.

I remember being surprised he had first part in the IC video because it wasn't very strong. I liked this episode and especially since he sounded so confident in his skating I went back and rewatched the part, still not very strong.

He's got tricks but like someone said his skating is somewhat shaky. Kinda like that really good guy at every skatepark. If you take Zach Saraceno for instance, who I feel is an apt comparison since they turned pro for the same company at the same time, the difference is huge. Zach's got that pro level control and generally pro level everything in his skating. But, I know being associated with companies is much more than actual skating.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #1107 on: April 20, 2021, 12:16:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I remember being surprised he had first part in the IC video because it wasn't very strong. I liked this episode and especially since he sounded so confident in his skating I went back and rewatched the part, still not very strong.

He's got tricks but like someone said his skating is somewhat shaky. Kinda like that really good guy at every skatepark. If you take Zach Saraceno for instance, who I feel is an apt comparison since they turned pro for the same company at the same time, the difference is huge. Zach's got that pro level control and generally pro level everything in his skating. But, I know being associated with companies is much more than actual skating.

That’s what makes it authentic  ;D

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76

Grind King Rims

« Reply #1109 on: April 20, 2021, 12:06:05 PM »
one thing that that did make me raise an eyebrow was a moment  near the end of the emails where annoyance in DJones' voice at Cephas was weirdly sincere. like i get it they work together a lot and are super close friends so obliviously they may sometimes get a little friction, that's totally normal-- but it was kind of jarring to hear the 4th wall crack slightly.

I had to go back and check this.
To be honest, I think it just sounded more intense because it was at the very end of the post office and the music faded away in the background. They were still laughing and joking, I think if the music was still going it wouldn't have been so weird.