Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 309003 times)

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #1230 on: August 25, 2021, 07:51:56 AM »
damn that was disappointingly unlistenable for me

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1231 on: August 25, 2021, 08:49:09 AM »
i never really got into podcasts but i want to give this one a try. any epsides you guys recommend? I am fairly removed from the scene even though i live 100km away i am kinda clueless but i know who all these guys are (I still have a copy of the Environment video which Morgan, Cephas, Grant PAtterson all had parts in back in the early 2000s)

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1232 on: August 25, 2021, 08:56:15 AM »
i never really got into podcasts but i want to give this one a try. any epsides you guys recommend? I am fairly removed from the scene even though i live 100km away i am kinda clueless but i know who all these guys are (I still have a copy of the Environment video which Morgan, Cephas, Grant PAtterson all had parts in back in the early 2000s)

fred gall
brad cromer
damien bravo
sinner if you wanna laugh and lose brain cells

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1233 on: August 25, 2021, 09:01:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fred gall
brad cromer
damien bravo

agreed with these. a few stand outs for me as well:

pat burke
Ian twa
will marshall
any of the Wade D ones
Jeff lenoce
dan plunkett
Alexis Lacroix

overall some of the best guests are their fellow Canadians.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1234 on: August 25, 2021, 09:05:40 AM »
How are y’all not gonna recommend Hugo Balek? Might be my favorite one.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1235 on: August 25, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »

fuck you're right, I knew there was one I was missing and that's absolutely it.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #1236 on: August 25, 2021, 12:57:19 PM »
damn that was disappointingly unlistenable for me

Yeah that was a pretty boring one.

Didn't finish it. Got distracted during rapidfire and didn't bother finishing
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #1237 on: August 25, 2021, 04:01:05 PM »
I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a podcast.  I was at work and couldn't control it.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #1238 on: August 25, 2021, 04:16:16 PM »
Surprised some of yall found this episode unlistenable. I thought the Japan date story was funny & that Jack Fardell story suprised me. Not a bad start to the season imo.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1239 on: August 25, 2021, 04:17:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a podcast.  I was at work and couldn't control it.
Yea these dudes are buggin. The way he talked about how Paul Hart was there when he got arrested in China had me fucking dying. Him saying to Jack Fardell how tf were you on Anti-Hero. I hope he’s here to stay in the industry for a while. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and a good sense of humor. For some reason I thought he was gonna be brain dead. Been a fan of his skating since I first seen him but knowing that he seems to be a relatively cool kid made me like him even more.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1240 on: August 25, 2021, 04:56:56 PM »

Others mentioned some good ones. Listen to any with a Canadian or unknown - often times that’s the same thing - guest as they usually let it fly. And since you’re from Ontario you might get more enjoyment out of them. I’m not part of the scene around here but clued into local banters.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1241 on: August 25, 2021, 05:35:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yea these dudes are buggin. The way he talked about how Paul Hart was there when he got arrested in China had me fucking dying. Him saying to Jack Fardell how tf were you on Anti-Hero. I hope he’s here to stay in the industry for a while. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and a good sense of humor. For some reason I thought he was gonna be brain dead. Been a fan of his skating since I first seen him but knowing that he seems to be a relatively cool kid made me like him even more.

He's talking about the Hugo Balek episode.

I thought this one was good. He took us on a journey with finding that spot. The Japan story was great, and same with the weird Jack Fardell beef. I did find it frustrating that they kept trying to ask him what how he's gonna be skating in 10-15 years like he would actually know or has even thought about that.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #1242 on: August 25, 2021, 05:45:43 PM »
I did find it frustrating that they kept trying to ask him what how he's gonna be skating in 10-15 years like he would actually know or has even thought about that.
I wish someone would say
"Well if I dont have an unescapable injury that causes my sponsors to drop me, not pay my hospital bills, and forget about me, maybe you'll see something"

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1243 on: August 25, 2021, 06:06:42 PM »
Expand Quote
I did find it frustrating that they kept trying to ask him what how he's gonna be skating in 10-15 years like he would actually know or has even thought about that.
[close]
I wish someone would say
"Well if I dont have an unescapable injury that causes my sponsors to drop me, not pay my hospital bills, and forget about me, maybe you'll see something"
I think this is just the result when you're interviewing a 21 year old that doesn't have a ton of stories yet. The japan date was the saving grace of the interview portion.

I dm'd them about having jacopo carozzi on the pod and they said they were hard at work on it so hopefully that happens this season.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #1244 on: August 25, 2021, 06:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

fred gall
brad cromer
damien bravo
[close]

pat burke
Ian twa
will marshall
any of the Wade D ones
Jeff lenoce
dan plunkett
Alexis Lacroix

The Mitch Barrette one is good too....

hmmmokay

« Reply #1245 on: August 25, 2021, 07:11:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

fred gall
brad cromer
damien bravo
[close]

pat burke
Ian twa
will marshall
any of the Wade D ones
Jeff lenoce
dan plunkett
Alexis Lacroix

[close]

Mitch episode is one of their greatest for sure. I regularly go back to that Hugo one if I'm bummed out or just need an instant laugh.

Edit: really any of their homie episodes are pure comedy. but I love the more conventional 'serious' ones too.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #1246 on: August 25, 2021, 07:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

fred gall
brad cromer
damien bravo
[close]

pat burke
Ian twa
will marshall
any of the Wade D ones
Jeff lenoce
dan plunkett
Alexis Lacroix

[close]

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - The mitch episode is one of the greats - The story about everyone giving their honest answers as to how many girl they had slept with kills me every time!

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #1247 on: August 25, 2021, 08:06:38 PM »
definitely agree with all the recommendations, i’ll also add the ellington one. it’s interesting and informative but also has a lot of good banter

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #1248 on: August 25, 2021, 08:08:28 PM »
Grant Patterson one is good too. The pappalardo story is pretty classic.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #1249 on: August 25, 2021, 08:38:35 PM »
I was back and forth on the ogrady episode but ultimately his accent made it a win for me. Ya reckon?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #1250 on: August 25, 2021, 09:33:27 PM »
It was ok, worth listening to but not a barn burner or anything. Hyped they’re back tho

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1251 on: August 25, 2021, 10:25:11 PM »

Start from the beginning I'd say.  There is good stuff in there across seasons.  I generally stop listening when they get to the sports talk but sometimes even that stuff is funny. Most of the time I skip after the gunshots with the ghost.

It's a type of listen when you're driving or grocery shopping, checking emails, or at the gym or whatever.  Some of the better episodes will make people look at you weird when you're laughing like a maniac buying a cauliflower or whatever though.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #1252 on: August 25, 2021, 11:33:09 PM »
Caleb barnett episode is fuckin hilarious

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #1253 on: August 26, 2021, 01:20:00 AM »
Thought it was a decent enough episode considering how young the dude is. Tokyo and spot search stories were fun. Also I love listening to an Australian accent so that might've helped

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1254 on: August 26, 2021, 01:40:16 AM »

I dm'd them about having jacopo carozzi on the pod and they said they were hard at work on it so hopefully that happens this season.
[/quote]

that would be a good one!

SSBSTRS

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1255 on: August 26, 2021, 10:31:27 AM »
Y’all trippin, that episode was dope. Dude was much more well spoken than I was expecting. Jack Fardell story had me cracking up.

maggot cunt

« Reply #1256 on: August 26, 2021, 12:19:55 PM »
i liked this ep but you gotta keep in mind he’s a young buck and australian so it’s gonna be a tougher one.

as for recs - the justin henry ep is a stand out for me, and while we’re on henrys the dustin one is fucking gold too

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #1257 on: August 26, 2021, 12:23:40 PM »
the story of looking for the double rail got a little rambly for me but everything else was great imo. Stoked for the new season!
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #1258 on: August 26, 2021, 12:36:17 PM »
So glad The bunt is back, as someone said, this episode is pretty good in general knowing he's pretty young to have tons of stories to tell..

As English is not my first language, and the australian accent i'ts pretty hard to understand to me, can someone tell me what  he said when they asked about "worst company"?

Is a LA based one, but tried to hear it like 3 times and I cant get it.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #1259 on: August 26, 2021, 12:52:27 PM »
So glad The bunt is back, as someone said, this episode is pretty good in general knowing he's pretty young to have tons of stories to tell..

As English is not my first language, and the australian accent i'ts pretty hard to understand to me, can someone tell me what  he said when they asked about "worst company"?

Is a LA based one, but tried to hear it like 3 times and I cant get it.
SOVRN skateboards
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 01:10:56 PM by MorningSesh »