Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300341 times)

swellbowed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #2340 on: May 25, 2023, 04:20:27 PM »

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2341 on: May 25, 2023, 04:16:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They would’ve been fucked in the moment if they got caught but I don’t know if running from the police and speeding are THAT crazy for them to be tracked down based on a podcast. Lucky that nobody got hurt.
[close]

Did you forget the part where he said TJ threw his board at the officers feet and hit him? I'd imagine they'd pull something heated on him in the midst of everything going on in the world at that time.

I google street viewed that spot and it's even more wild seeing how everything is laid out. Almost seemed like they'd be better off just jumping in the river and swimming but I'm sure that's probably a death sentence for people who know that area well.
[close]

What's the spot? I tried googling a few things but couldn't figure it out.

Four Freedoms Park

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2342 on: May 25, 2023, 04:17:48 PM »
Shanahan got a photo doing a 360 flip into it during the COVID shutdown.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHjbwETnqk1/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 10:26:48 AM by Dark Knight »

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2343 on: May 25, 2023, 04:22:59 PM »
Surprised there was no mention of the water wars in Australia

Jagr

• Rep: 116

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2345 on: May 26, 2023, 09:29:40 AM »
The Lui episode was great, tons of good stories and takes on the industry.  Did it almost sound like the Ghost was moving to Pittsburg/Pennsylvania or something?  He mentioned something about the Steelers in the rundown and Dono said something along the lines of "are you ready to make the announcement", but then Ghost said he would save it for a later pod..

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2346 on: May 26, 2023, 11:27:32 AM »
I actually thought it was a good interview. He surprised me on how he is the one that is more responsible but I did not think he was 29 years old too. He definitely has the best of both worlds in the skate industry. Traveling and experiencing all those things but only producing clips of other skaters. Must be nice.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #2347 on: May 26, 2023, 08:21:41 PM »
Tyshawn went back and did the nollie heel at the end of the clip

http://www.instagram.com/reel/Csuwul_uktL/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #2348 on: May 26, 2023, 08:24:50 PM »

Any chance this was after the episode dropped? Either way one of the best stories/moments in Bunt history  :o

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #2349 on: May 26, 2023, 09:18:43 PM »
Damn he really floated that thing too

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #2350 on: May 27, 2023, 12:57:39 AM »
Lui has good stories , I wish it was longer . dudes got a sick career trajectory that is 1 in a million. Would be cool to see a part tho, he rips.

I would’ve just name dropped the spot since jenkem already posted a whole video and they just got tickets iirc like the whole running thing was so overblown for what amounts to a ticket. It’s not like they snuck into Ellis island to skate. To take the bridge into Ellis island I literally had to get clearance from homeland security .

Either way a good one . Also I think the the steelers thing was about their fantasy shit or something , doubt Cephas would leave Toronto with the way the bunt has grown with the bunt jam and the live stuff lately . He’s in production though so maybe he has a job out there for a bit coming up.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2351 on: May 27, 2023, 02:47:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Any chance this was after the episode dropped? Either way one of the best stories/moments in Bunt history  :o
Strangely it was just a couple days before the episode dropped. I think he did it on Monday. My friend was there and poached it on her phone lol

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2352 on: May 27, 2023, 08:21:24 AM »
I’m sure I am just an idiot and can google this shit, but what is the historical relevance of said island?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #2353 on: May 27, 2023, 08:57:04 AM »
it's where the cemetery they used in john wick 4 is

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #2354 on: May 27, 2023, 09:09:49 AM »
I’m sure I am just an idiot and can google this shit, but what is the historical relevance of said island?

It was historically the biggest point of entry for immigrants… uhhh… immigrating into the US through New York until the 1950’s. Now it’s a federally owned island meaning you aren’t dealing with city cops but quite literally the feds.

Because although the only way to get to it is through NYC, meaning a lot of people initially assume that it is, it’s not owned by NYC. I grew up skating a little park on something mildly similar, a small county owned island that was a metro park that wasn’t part of the city it connected to.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #2355 on: May 27, 2023, 01:36:40 PM »
The Lui episode was great, tons of good stories and takes on the industry.  Did it almost sound like the Ghost was moving to Pittsburg/Pennsylvania or something?  He mentioned something about the Steelers in the rundown and Dono said something along the lines of "are you ready to make the announcement", but then Ghost said he would save it for a later pod..

Ghost is getting married

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #2356 on: May 27, 2023, 04:42:37 PM »
I would’ve just name dropped the spot since jenkem already posted a whole video and they just got tickets iirc like the whole running thing was so overblown for what amounts to a ticket. It’s not like they snuck into Ellis island to skate. To take the bridge into Ellis island I literally had to get clearance from homeland security .
Tyshawn threw his board at an officer. Assaulting an officer = jail time. Makes sense to run after that...or are you saying they should have just taken the ticket in the first place?

Dick Dastardly

• Rep: 9
  • Muttley!!!
« Reply #2357 on: May 28, 2023, 11:59:25 AM »
Am I the only one who didn’t particularly like this episode. Everything is “the most fucked ever” or “soo fucking insane” etc. and his stories either weren’t interesting or just told really poorly. For a guy who gets paid to write, seems like he doesn’t really have great vocabulary

Muttley!!!!

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2358 on: May 28, 2023, 12:50:48 PM »
Am I the only one who didn’t particularly like this episode. Everything is “the most fucked ever” or “soo fucking insane” etc. and his stories either weren’t interesting or just told really poorly. For a guy who gets paid to write, seems like he doesn’t really have great vocabulary

If you use the term “wet/wettest ” to describe something good you lost me, pal.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2359 on: May 28, 2023, 01:35:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was historically the biggest point of entry for immigrants… uhhh… immigrating into the US through New York until the 1950’s. Now it’s a federally owned island meaning you aren’t dealing with city cops but quite literally the feds.

Because although the only way to get to it is through NYC, meaning a lot of people initially assume that it is, it’s not owned by NYC. I grew up skating a little park on something mildly similar, a small county owned island that was a metro park that wasn’t part of the city it connected to.

I’ve only known of it being called Ellis Island, not Roosevelt Island thanks for the clarification.

mikevsleftlightningtat

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2360 on: May 28, 2023, 03:07:24 PM »

I ageee I thought most of his stories were v anti climatic

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #2361 on: May 28, 2023, 03:47:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ve only known of it being called Ellis Island, not Roosevelt Island thanks for the clarification.

Two different islands. Dunno how Ellis wound up in the mix, but here’s an overview of each:

Ellis

Roosevelt

Baglady

• Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2362 on: May 28, 2023, 08:12:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seemed kind of out of character for them to move on so quickly after Manchild was brought up again.

Manchild season finale confirmed?
[close]
I know in the Vincent Alvarez episode, he  tried calling them out on talking about Manchild so I thought they were maybe trying to avoid more of his homies trying to defend him again or something related
[close]

Didn’t they drag the shit out of manchild after he was being a drunken douche at some contest they judged a few years back. Like he caused a whole ass scene and was interrupting peoples runs. I think that was them.
[close]

They handled it really well in the moment. From what I recall Cephas owned up to calling Manchild a kook, but saying his skating got improved. And Vincent kept saying “he’s still growing up, we all are,” and nervous laughing. Also, I don’t think Vincent was properly informed on what went down initially, and if you can’t own that your friend is a drunken asshole no one wants around then that’s on you.. worth a listen, it’s the tail end of the interview.
can’t imagine sticking my neck out for someone named manchild. It’s in the name.
Also most of the Alvarez’z I know are either locked up or on some type of opiate.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #2363 on: May 28, 2023, 08:53:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Two different islands. Dunno how Ellis wound up in the mix, but here’s an overview of each:

Ellis

Roosevelt

I compared the two cause the only way to get onto Ellis through that bridge is with special permission where Roosevelt is open to the public. I think people even live there?

Seeing the photo Vs the story I feel like
Lui might have embellished the hell out of their escape, again seems like something you should’ve just taken the ticket for. Story’s funnier with Tyshawn just going back and doing it for the gram and jenkem having posted not one but separate videos of them hitting that spot.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #2364 on: May 28, 2023, 09:14:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seemed kind of out of character for them to move on so quickly after Manchild was brought up again.

[close]
I know in the Vincent Alvarez episode, he  tried calling them out on talking about Manchild so I thought they were maybe trying to avoid more of his homies trying to defend him again or something related
[close]

Didn’t they drag the shit out of manchild after he was being a drunken douche at some contest they judged a few years back. Like he caused a whole ass scene and was interrupting peoples runs. I think that was them.
[close]

They handled it really well in the moment. From what I recall Cephas owned up to calling Manchild a kook, but saying his skating got improved. And Vincent kept saying “he’s still growing up, we all are,” and nervous laughing. Also, I don’t think Vincent was properly informed on what went down initially, and if you can’t own that your friend is a drunken asshole no one wants around then that’s on you.. worth a listen, it’s the tail end of the interview.
[close]
can’t imagine sticking my neck out for someone named manchild. It’s in the name.
Also most of the Alvarez’z I know are either locked up or on some type of opiate.

I can't imagine judging someone's character based on their last name......

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #2365 on: May 29, 2023, 05:46:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I can't imagine judging someone's character based on their last name......

Don't know about you but it always occurred to me that Benny Fairfax would be the type of guy that doesn't cheat and likes to use outdated technology

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #2366 on: May 31, 2023, 01:53:56 PM »

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #2367 on: May 31, 2023, 06:44:19 PM »
Yo @doublesteveburger I got so much joy listening to the post office this week. A perfect little kiss of slap, loved hearing their answers!!
p-shuvs and v-flips

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2368 on: May 31, 2023, 07:49:17 PM »
Oh damn, listened to the interview, but not the P.O. yet

Speaking of SLAP stuff, is this the first time Cassette Skateshop got mentioned on there, or just the first time I noticed it?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #2369 on: May 31, 2023, 11:13:54 PM »
Maybe Burman for the season finale?! - barns will be burned!