Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 314506 times)

LesbianPUNCH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #2820 on: April 18, 2024, 01:49:42 AM »
I like.

heinzketchup

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2821 on: April 18, 2024, 02:17:21 AM »
he really is a legend
i just hope he comes through one day and blesses us with a little part

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #2822 on: April 18, 2024, 02:59:04 AM »
I enjoyed that a lot and actually felt a little bad for him, dunno. Sadly, the audio quality is not that good which makes it hard to follow sometimes. I thought he would deal out more shots in his rapid fire but he seems more socially considerate than I would've expected.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2823 on: April 18, 2024, 03:38:38 AM »
Alright he's obviously a little fried and smokes too much weed but it was a great episode. Seems like a really kind and funny guy.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1225
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2824 on: April 18, 2024, 03:56:22 AM »
hilarious had me laughing the whole time

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #2825 on: April 18, 2024, 06:36:38 AM »
was a genuinely funny ep tho in the beginning it was so hard to listen but eventually he opened up and got more loose

i def like how he mentioned that he's not a fan of how cliquey skateboarding has gotten and how certain people dont like skating/filming with other certain people and can see why and how he isnt always around a filmer.

also like how he is humble for mentioning that it takes him a sec to warm up cause there's always hella eyes on him when he skates. he's also pretty real for saying he doesnt like asking people to film him doin shit at a skatepark cause im sure a lot of us would agree going dumb hard and filming at a skatepark is kinda corny

EDIT: okay the the math aint mathin about him being afraid of heights, and that makes him miss flights cause he never misses a vacation and also bro jumps down the biggest shit
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 07:41:40 AM by bluntfullofmid »
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2826 on: April 18, 2024, 06:37:47 AM »
Yeah I thought that was a great episode . They did a great job pushing him on some questions and I’m so glad they actually got that spitfire camping story out of him. I was legitimately crying laughing with Donovan after the “you good” part with Ishod . I love that he went into detail about his psychedelic trip as well. Getting him to talk about all that was all time bunt shit.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #2827 on: April 18, 2024, 06:49:36 AM »
agree with everyone saying he seems like a cool guy. he's charismatic, obviously a little fried, but comes off nice and genuine. that being said, this is not the first time he's tried to rationalize his lack of footage because "he doesn't have someone he regularly films with", it's hard to find people to go skate with, he doesn't really go on trips anymore, etc.

none of it holds up. he skates for Nike SB, FA, and Supreme, they will pay someone to film him whenever he wants. he lives in Los Angeles, California, where the vast majority of people who skate at his level also live, can't be hard to find a crew to go skate with. he doesn't go on trips anymore because he doesnt get invited due to continuously missing his flights. no disrespect, and i know people will say that I'm projecting, but it sounds like he's dealing with some untreated mental health stuff. he says he wants to skate and get clips, but he won't do what it takes to do that. if you want to get clips, you have to call the filmer, you have to go on the trip, you have to call people to go skate with. you have to leave your house, you have to do the things that will put you in front of a camera, and he doesn't do that stuff, so either he doesn't want to, or he's being held back by anxiety, depression, substance use, etc. i'm not hating on him at all because i've been there and been held back by that shit too, and i probably tried to rationalize it with some shit that didn't really make sense too. but at the end of the day, he has the resources to make it happen so either he doesn't want to or can't due to mental health issues, but the flimsy "no filmer" stuff just doesn't hold water

CarcassToss

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2828 on: April 18, 2024, 06:59:59 AM »
It's not mental health issues it's being lazy. Missing your flights and not taking the effort to do your job is likely a side effect of people initially endorsing his behavior because it was funny or endearing. Look at how the hosts laugh at it, but if someone told you that about their normal desk job we probably wouldn't be laughing and would be chiding them for not being more grateful of their fortune and trying to at least do something with the opportunities they have.

Why can't he hit up Benny, who lives in LA and exclusively films for FA? It seems skateboarders kinda celebrate a lot of the behavior in his stories (I mean, it does legit sound fun), but then will randomly turn the other direction when an invisible line of "too much" was crossed.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #2829 on: April 18, 2024, 07:03:24 AM »
He doesn't seem to have much trouble missing flights to the Bahamas or Jamaica or any other vacation spot he posts.

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #2830 on: April 18, 2024, 07:26:51 AM »
From reading what other people have written about this interview, it seems like all of my preconceptions of KB (lazy, fried, takes his career for granted) are accurate. I'm going to listen to this episode at some point but people like him bum me out because he has so much potential and he just doesn't live up to it. It's life and he can do what he wants, but I can't blame companies/sponsors for not inviting him on trips. Just fucking skate.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2831 on: April 18, 2024, 07:38:48 AM »
I thought it was gonna be a good interview cuz he started to roast Paul Hart but after that he just got insufferable. I had to skip to the rapid fire cuz I couldn't understand half the things he was saying. The dude is perma fried and needs to clean up.

Number

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2832 on: April 18, 2024, 08:30:48 AM »
he really is a legend
i just hope he comes through one day and blesses us with a little part

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #2833 on: April 18, 2024, 08:44:48 AM »
KB if you're looking i will skate with you and film you anytime you'd like.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #2834 on: April 18, 2024, 09:00:34 AM »
also, LOL at paul hart trying to cool guy anyone
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #2835 on: April 18, 2024, 12:03:47 PM »
Who were they talking about with “Worst Style?” Sounded like he said “Car Donnel” but I dunno who tf that is.

Neil

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #2836 on: April 18, 2024, 12:26:21 PM »
Who were they talking about with “Worst Style?” Sounded like he said “Car Donnel” but I dunno who tf that is.

Cordano Russell pretty sure

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #2837 on: April 18, 2024, 12:40:15 PM »
Sound was decent, stories were funny as hell, if you can’t understand him that’s on you, and tbh this just made him more endearing than he already was. Would love a new nike edit from him.

Great first two episodes to start the season. Help them out and subscribe to the YouTube.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #2838 on: April 18, 2024, 05:22:13 PM »
LIKE BATMAN!  XD

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #2839 on: April 18, 2024, 08:11:11 PM »
We need to protect KB at all costs.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #2840 on: April 18, 2024, 08:14:10 PM »
This shit was so funny. great ep. Way bigger KB fan now. Props to the bunt boys for getting the best out of him

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2841 on: April 18, 2024, 11:04:14 PM »
Yah KB is sick.
Im glad he didn't water down his art with a bucket o bullshit.

Kid knows exactly what he's doing. Thank goodness people had the good sense to get footage early. Cuz he sounds like all the greats I know who never ever even filmed a trick.

They started landscaping/construction companies. One became a professor. He fir some reason never could see how good he was. He was definitely my favorite skate bud of all times

I win tho. Skatebloarding for life > being a boss ass teacher.

KB is 100%. I wonder what class he would teach cuz he's definitely not a scraper.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #2842 on: April 19, 2024, 12:23:45 AM »
I enjoyed the interview but also can't help but think that him straight up confirming that he barely skates and hasn't filmed a part in years could be the catalyst for him getting the boot from Nike
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

ugly flacko

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2843 on: April 19, 2024, 01:38:14 AM »

Just made me think of this CPH edit, there is a KB moment starting at 4:40 where they go hit spots, he looks so fried and still jumps down this huge double set, this dude's a gem haha

m477

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2844 on: April 19, 2024, 01:38:50 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed the KB episode. Super down to earth and his no illegal tricks stance and appreciation for all skaters (even mentioning jimmy Wilkins half heartedly as best style which is definitely not wrong). Another great job by the bunt. We all want more KB footage but we’ll have to wait and see if the stars align. Personally I think Nike needs to re-release his AF2 and dunk shoes, they were the best.

gumsole

« Reply #2845 on: April 19, 2024, 03:52:46 AM »
KB will hold a history in skating like Nick Trepasso. Super fucked on a board but completely fried. His infamous chronicles part was 9 years ago. Anyone thinking he’s going to put a new part out will be let down.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 111
« Reply #2846 on: April 19, 2024, 05:43:45 AM »
i just want to know how KB can be pro, have this skating folk hero status, lives in LA, but says he has nobody to film with? no regular filmer? Im sure he made a little effort he could easily find someone. I wasnt really buying his reasons for not having more footage. Him talking about not going on trips anymore, calling skating cliquey, fear of flying all seems like deflections. fear of flying but he will go to CPH to get fucked up and party but wont go on skate trips to stack footy. I love KB's skating he can be one of the best on the board but he needs a good friend to help him get back in the van and help him work on his work ethic, or help him realize hes not interested in being a pro skater anymore.

stories were entertaining, but figure out your skating KB

Gleefull508

« Reply #2847 on: April 19, 2024, 06:40:19 AM »
Legend... legend shit. top 5 funny episode to date, this is up there with the will marshall one

That being said, I've seen this before. He is done skating. I have homies that used to be really really good then just kinda got over it and dont care anymore. He clearly doesn't care. AND THATS FINE. He doesn't have to go hard and skate if hes over it. Yes the sponsors shouldn't be paying him but thats on them, you gonna blame him for getting paid??

he is so fried tho its so funny

Greggish

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2848 on: April 19, 2024, 11:29:41 AM »
Legend... legend shit. top 5 funny episode to date, this is up there with the will marshall one

That being said, I've seen this before. He is done skating. I have homies that used to be really really good then just kinda got over it and dont care anymore. He clearly doesn't care. AND THATS FINE. He doesn't have to go hard and skate if hes over it. Yes the sponsors shouldn't be paying him but thats on them, you gonna blame him for getting paid??

he is so fried tho its so funny

good take

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #2849 on: April 19, 2024, 07:44:47 PM »
Yeah, I liked the ep….we all want more KB  it’s not like he’s coming off as disingenuous or telling everyone the answers they want to hear….it sounds like he knows he’s messed up and isn’t necessarily proud of it.  He’s super talented and I think he can still do a lot on a skateboard so hopefully hes got something coming….

I think random skater and skater of the week should be strictly YouTube and social media. If I know it’s on the pod, old head like me will never click the YouTube.  Mailbag, run down and the interview is enough on the pod.