Author Topic: Jordan Trahan On Chocolate  (Read 31118 times)

iwishilivedinfinla

Re: Jordan Trahan On Chocolate
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2020, 05:46:17 PM »
Jordan in LA with Manch and Cody. done deal

Little Debbie

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2020, 05:02:45 PM »
Jordan has the right amount of sag in his jeans and pop in his legs/board. and that does it for me. he feels like a skater's skater.

hopefully he doesn't move to LA full-time.

cuckflip

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2020, 05:21:30 PM »
I’ve honestly given up hope on crail doing anything cool since like 2012. You guys are really still holding your breath on a turn around with 2 or 3 ams??

Yu Dum

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2020, 05:26:25 PM »
I’d be down for a Trahan board from chocolate.
I just got my first Crailtap board in like 10 years and it’s very solid. I was genuinely surprised at how good it feels.
Still a little stubby in length, but solid nonetheless.
(My last experience with Crailtap was a board that I set up and broke in literally one day on a flatground switch flip when I was like 14 and weighed right at 100lbs.)

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2020, 05:28:49 PM »
I’ve honestly given up hope on crail doing anything cool since like 2012. You guys are really still holding your breath on a turn around with 2 or 3 ams??

Don't think Jordan is am, and having a real east coast presence would help. But your skepticism is completely valid.

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1304
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2020, 06:18:43 PM »
That dude has amazing pop and deserves more attention.

Crailtap has been adding good people and putting out sick video content over the past couple years. I think the ship is as righted as it's ever going to be.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2020, 08:23:09 PM »
So corporate approved a larger budget for 2020?
That's good. I was worried crail would miss out on their share of the noobs that the Olympics bring in. Should be a cash grab for them if they can get on the wall of every mall shop across the globe. Oh wait..

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2020, 08:46:15 PM »
Jordan Trahan is one of my favorite skaters. He's got the best style. For once crail did the right thing.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2020, 09:28:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hakeem Ducksworth and Jamie Capps were very ordinary additions. Jordan alone could right the 2 wrongs, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.
[close]
I wouldn't call them two wrongs because at least those two dudes skate often.  Some of the Chocolate OGs will be the first to tell you they don't skate often.
[close]

jesus is still out here and aside from capps/hakeem there's regular clips from the rest of the team: kenny, raven, yonnie, stevie, vincent, and now carl. it's just eldy & crob that are over it, which sucks because presumably that would free up two roster spots for ppl like say nile gibbs who seems to be out of the mix now/was deserving of the bump and/or maybe an acquisition

although people on slap may disagree, for someone like jordan trahan there's a huge difference between the exposure from 5boro vs chocolate. if this is happening maybe crail will do the same thing they did with yonnie – take a few months to get him acquainted or whatever to pique general interest. even if they don't give him a board straight away i can't imagine he won't be making more with chocolate right off the bat
While being on Chocolate will generally get you more exposure, I don't think Trahan is really in need of it. I mean, he's fully on a corporate shoe brand and Bronze 56k is pretty visible which he is associated with. I mean, if your just am for 5boro with no shoe sponsor I get the point, but that doesn't apply to Trahan.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2020, 04:47:14 AM »
That’s sick. My buddy and I were just talking about how it’s crazy he is on 5boro; the boards are terrible and overall the company is beyond bland. I guess they’re big in Japan...

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2020, 05:04:51 AM »
That’s sick. My buddy and I were just talking about how it’s crazy he is on 5boro; the boards are terrible and overall the company is beyond bland. I guess they’re big in Japan...

Terrible in style or quality? Cause they use South Central, that's some good shit.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2020, 08:28:32 AM »
For me style. For my pal, quality. He had two boards back to back and they were heavy and broke super easily. He’s better at detecting that stuff than I am but he kept saying the wood had knots in it. And honestly the videos they put out have the soundtrack of someone who went on Spotify and typed in “cool music” or Barnes and Noble trendy sounds. It’s careless.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2020, 09:15:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hakeem Ducksworth and Jamie Capps were very ordinary additions. Jordan alone could right the 2 wrongs, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.
[close]
I wouldn't call them two wrongs because at least those two dudes skate often.  Some of the Chocolate OGs will be the first to tell you they don't skate often.
[close]

jesus is still out here and aside from capps/hakeem there's regular clips from the rest of the team: kenny, raven, yonnie, stevie, vincent, and now carl. it's just eldy & crob that are over it, which sucks because presumably that would free up two roster spots for ppl like say nile gibbs who seems to be out of the mix now/was deserving of the bump and/or maybe an acquisition

although people on slap may disagree, for someone like jordan trahan there's a huge difference between the exposure from 5boro vs chocolate. if this is happening maybe crail will do the same thing they did with yonnie – take a few months to get him acquainted or whatever to pique general interest. even if they don't give him a board straight away i can't imagine he won't be making more with chocolate right off the bat

I really would like to see the OG chocolate dudes just make one part and allow the new blood to create their own parts as far as the next video goes. Lets be real there is no way (with Crob doing 9 club, Eldy being a new dad, kenny blowing his horn in a band ....) that some of those dudes are even sitting on clips or will find the time to produce a decent 1 mins worth of tricks. I hesitate to call it a forced retirement part but i mean they're actions make me think that some of them are already mentally done with professional skateboarding.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2020, 04:08:44 PM »
chocolate has always had a niché enough image that I feel like they could turn the brand around with the right dudes

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2020, 04:13:34 PM »
For me style. For my pal, quality. He had two boards back to back and they were heavy and broke super easily. He’s better at detecting that stuff than I am but he kept saying the wood had knots in it. And honestly the videos they put out have the soundtrack of someone who went on Spotify and typed in “cool music” or Barnes and Noble trendy sounds. It’s careless.

I won't comment on the style, but that's crazy about the deck breakage. South Central wood has a solid reputation as being strong as hell. But hey, shit happens. Bummer to hear regardless.

Yu Dum

« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2020, 04:27:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I won't comment on the style, but that's crazy about the deck breakage. South Central wood has a solid reputation as being strong as hell. But hey, shit happens. Bummer to hear regardless.
Had a many boards that were SC wood over a period of a few years and I can attest that a few were really heavy and broke in one session. Happens to the best. Not every batch is going to be perfect. Can’t fault 5B for something their woodshop messed up.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2020, 07:58:50 AM »
I sent at everyone at crailtap my 70 page booklet on Yeah Right 2, but no one gave a shit so I threw my phone in the trash.

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2020, 10:17:58 AM »
I sent at everyone at crailtap my 70 page booklet on Yeah Right 2, but no one gave a shit so I threw my phone in the trash.
did you do it over instagram like a man?

Peepeepoopoohaha

• Rep: -4
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2020, 10:25:22 AM »
Ya heard it hear first

He's fucked up I seen bro at Walmart he was trying to buy like a fucking plastic board wtf

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2020, 11:33:09 AM »
If true, I hope they don’t want Jordan to fully move to California. Would be nice to keep seeing his footage from there and nice for Chocolate to have an east coast presence.

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2020, 12:29:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
did you do it over instagram like a man?
Well yeah obviously that was the manliest way I could think of going about it.

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2020, 01:19:21 PM »
If true, I hope they don’t want Jordan to fully move to California. Would be nice to keep seeing his footage from there and nice for Chocolate to have an east coast presence.

carl in new york too now

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2020, 08:36:14 AM »
PLEASE, MAKE IT HAPPEN.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

curbslayer

• Rep: 9
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2020, 10:01:48 AM »
this would make me buy a chocolate board 100%

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • JACKASS
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2020, 10:11:03 AM »
 ;D

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2020, 10:17:47 AM »
saw him in person skating a 5boro board about a month ago. But would be cool

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2020, 10:31:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't think Jordan is am, and having a real east coast presence would help. But your skepticism is completely valid.
He's pro

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2020, 10:36:32 AM »
Thank god it's happening