Author Topic: Beer/cider swap  (Read 3358 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Beer/cider swap
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2020, 10:08:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Treehouse the best out of MA then maybe Trillium. I shouldn’t be posting in here though, I live near Other Half but am probably too lazy to ship beer lol sorry.
[close]

Other Half is IMO the best east coast brewery. I've never had a bad beer from them
i see you pushing their logo on your avatar 😉

I’d trade for stuff but not the most versed on beer shipping. Packaging and costs

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2020, 11:40:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Treehouse the best out of MA then maybe Trillium. I shouldn’t be posting in here though, I live near Other Half but am probably too lazy to ship beer lol sorry.
[close]

Other Half is IMO the best east coast brewery. I've never had a bad beer from them
[close]
i see you pushing their logo on your avatar 😉

I’d trade for stuff but not the most versed on beer shipping. Packaging and costs

I use USPS flat rate packaging, that way I already know the price. Plenty of bubble wrap. When they run through the questions of “Does this parcel contain anything fragile, liquid, perishable, or potentially hazardous, including lithium batteries and perfume?” I just say it's hot sauce/bbq sauce. Never had a package not make it.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2020, 06:08:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2020, 12:20:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Other Half is IMO the best east coast brewery. I've never had a bad beer from them beer that tasted any different than the last one

fixed. i'm like a 25 minute drive from it and i always stop in and grab whatever they've got when i pass by, but wayyyyyy too little variety in their brews. i'm up by singlecut and all the LIC breweries, that's where the scene is at.

also went to treehouse once and waited an hour and a half to get a pint of beer. let me tell you no beer is worth waiting an hour and a half for.

equilibrium is where it's at though for NY breweries. there's a damn skatepark right next to the thing.
good come sausage

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2020, 12:42:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Other Half is IMO the best east coast brewery. I've never had a bad beer from them beer that tasted any different than the last one
[close]

fixed. i'm like a 25 minute drive from it and i always stop in and grab whatever they've got when i pass by, but wayyyyyy too little variety in their brews. i'm up by singlecut and all the LIC breweries, that's where the scene is at.

also went to treehouse once and waited an hour and a half to get a pint of beer. let me tell you no beer is worth waiting an hour and a half for.

equilibrium is where it's at though for NY breweries. there's a damn skatepark right next to the thing.

I can taste the differences between hops varieties with OH, but in their single hop varieties I agree with you. If that makes sense?

Equilibrium is starting to pop up around me in Delaware and Maryland, I guess they got a small distribution deal. A few liquor stores are doing can releases of EQ every few weeks.

As far as Treehouse I just trade for that shit, I will never go all the way up there. They still have a line for cans everyday of the week. no thanks
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 01:32:47 PM »
Went the night before to Thanksgiving to Treehouse and walked right in. Was following their twitter - Cans to go no line and pints on sight, no line. Guess it was an off night. But they've up their line and can sales alot lately, always expanding.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 02:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you ever skate that park? i heard that eq moved to another location a few blocks away from their old place.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2020, 06:16:47 AM »
I can taste the differences between hops varieties with OH, but in their single hop varieties I agree with you. If that makes sense?

Equilibrium is starting to pop up around me in Delaware and Maryland, I guess they got a small distribution deal. A few liquor stores are doing can releases of EQ every few weeks.

As far as Treehouse I just trade for that shit, I will never go all the way up there. They still have a line for cans everyday of the week. no thanks

idk man, every space daydream green city broccoli pop whatever the hell they call all of them they all have the same mouthfeel, aroma, and taste. they won't let you down, but i always get whatever the cheapest four pack of oat cream ipa is because i know there won't be much variety in taste between them.

the best one they did was DO YOU WANT MORE? a sour ipa. easily one of the most complex flavored beers i've ever put in my mouth from a craft brewer.

you ever skate that park? i heard that eq moved to another location a few blocks away from their old place.

no! the one time i went to the brewery we had just hiked a bunch that day and i didn't even realize the park existed. but we went and checked it out and it looks amazing.
good come sausage

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2020, 06:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

idk man, every space daydream green city broccoli pop whatever the hell they call all of them they all have the same mouthfeel, aroma, and taste. they won't let you down, but i always get whatever the cheapest four pack of oat cream ipa is because i know there won't be much variety in taste between them.

the best one they did was DO YOU WANT MORE? a sour ipa. easily one of the most complex flavored beers i've ever put in my mouth from a craft brewer.

Expand Quote
[close]

no! the one time i went to the brewery we had just hiked a bunch that day and i didn't even realize the park existed. but we went and checked it out and it looks amazing.

OH pricing is actually really good compared to whats near me. Typically their most expensive 4-pack is $22, a bunch of breweries in southeast PA $22 is the starting point and the beer is no where near as good. I only make it up to Brooklyn like every other month but I usually pick up a mixed case of whatever is available. After a while all these beers with lactose and oats stat tasting the same. I usually do a cleanse with some high life or busch and reset the palette. OH sour game is great, do you ever get to Hudson Valley? I have only had a few of their beers but they were pretty good too.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2020, 07:54:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Though OH is my favorite, I gotta say Hill Farmstead is easily the best. I've had so many questionable OHs, but that's part of the fun, they step out their comfort zone. Also Root and Branch on Long Island have been crushing the hazies (my favorite in the country), highly suggest looking into em.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Love the park next to EQ, esp how it's literally in the same parking lot (although that buildings not the taproom anymore). Grimm also has a park a block away, OH has a cute lil park 2 blocks away, Torst has a skatepark down the block, Threes has a park a block or 2 away, KCBC has a fun ledge/manny spot a block away, Blue Floor park is like 4 blocks away from The Well, skate spots and breweries/taprooms seem to gravitate towards each other.

Fieldworks in Berkeley has sucha fun park behind it for any CAers.

(also, I love EQ but to say OH tastes the same when every EQ IPA is str8 melon juice, cmon)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 08:12:41 AM by YungJugg »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2020, 09:29:26 AM »
https://massbrewbros.com/49-new-breweries-and-3-new-taprooms-plan-to-open-in-massachusetts-in-2020/

Saw this earlier. Crazy.

Don’t get how Lord Hobo got so big .. capital? Opening a new spot in seaport. Their stuff is decent at best I feel.

YungJugg

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2020, 01:02:03 PM »
forreal, that's surprising, Lord Hobos shit is mids nowadays. 49 new breweries though that's crazy, scenes already saturated as is.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2020, 01:58:12 PM »
forreal, that's surprising, Lord Hobos shit is mids nowadays. 49 new breweries though that's crazy, scenes already saturated as is.
You in New England? Lucky to have long live, tilted barn, proclamation, and buttonwoods around me.
Anyone fans of fox farm?

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2020, 05:15:10 PM »
ever had a rainier?

I am willing to send someone a Rainier in exchange for a Old Style, YuengLing, or Lone Star.

For a bottle of Jeppsons Malort I am willing to write your name or the name of a loved one on my testicles, take a polaroid, and mail it to you with a sticker pack and the newest issue of Lowcard.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2020, 06:18:08 AM »
Got a friend visiting Berkeley CA.. any recommendations? Pliny? He got some room to bring stuff back to share.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2020, 06:52:18 AM »
Got a friend visiting Berkeley CA.. any recommendations? Pliny? He got some room to bring stuff back to share.

Pliney is good, but at this point it's like one of those staples you have to try. I wasn't blown away by any means. If they have any bottle of younger left that would be worth bringing back but they'll have to go out to Santa Rosa to get it. In SF proper there is Cellarmaker which is good. I plan to hit that in about 2 weeks when I'm out there for a work trip. Not sure what the rental  to make it out to Russian River.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2020, 08:35:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pliney is good, but at this point it's like one of those staples you have to try. I wasn't blown away by any means. If they have any bottle of younger left that would be worth bringing back but they'll have to go out to Santa Rosa to get it. In SF proper there is Cellarmaker which is good. I plan to hit that in about 2 weeks when I'm out there for a work trip. Not sure what the rental  to make it out to Russian River.
yeah I’ve had Pliny before. Years ago. I’ve been to Cellarmaker too! Near 21st amendment kind of right? Giants park..
yeah Russian River is OG

YungJugg

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2020, 05:30:30 PM »
Anyone going to OH’s Pastrytown?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2020, 04:38:49 AM »

I almost bought a ticket, glad I didn't though. Just found out I fly out that day for a work trip. I keep telling myself I am going to make it one year.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2020, 05:54:02 AM »
Expand Quote
ever had a rainier?
[close]

I am willing to send someone a Rainier in exchange for a Old Style, YuengLing, or Lone Star.

For a bottle of Jeppsons Malort I am willing to write your name or the name of a loved one on my testicles, take a polaroid, and mail it to you with a sticker pack and the newest issue of Lowcard.
I can send some Yuengling to whoever needs

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2020, 08:38:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ever had a rainier?
[close]

[close]
I can send some Yuengling to whoever needs

Me. Send them Yueglings.

Fieldwork shit or any other Bay Area shit hit me up.

YungJugg

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2020, 01:03:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I almost bought a ticket, glad I didn't though. Just found out I fly out that day for a work trip. I keep telling myself I am going to make it one year.

I'm pretty stoked, last years was a blur.

potpie

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2020, 10:26:17 PM »
got to vermont and bought some foam brewing dranks. super good, anyone else try them before?

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2020, 05:44:46 AM »
got to vermont and bought some foam brewing dranks. super good, anyone else try them before?

yeah, they're real solid. they did a tap takeover in NY recently and brought a lot of stuff down that usually doesn't find it's way around here. coworker came back recently with a case of alchemist so i've been plowing through that.
good come sausage

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2020, 06:21:15 AM »
They’re great. Where else you hit in Vermont? Alchemist is great yeah.

Anyone check out the ratebeer 2019 awards list?

YungJugg

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2020, 10:29:34 AM »
Love Foam, their spot is dope. The skatepark down the street is tight too.

potpie

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2020, 05:34:25 PM »
They’re great. Where else you hit in Vermont? Alchemist is great yeah.

Anyone check out the ratebeer 2019 awards list?
We honestly just hit some weird “artisan flatbread” place called fiddlestix, tried some beer walked out, went to foam and spent our entire beer budget on a case of various 4 packs. We wanted to hit up Hill Farmstead, alchemist, prohibition pig, and a few others but we were there in the middle of a snow storm and didn’t want to get stranded on bad roads. Jay Peak is fucking awesome though, especially with 2 feet of fresh snow.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2020, 08:05:02 AM »
Anyone stocking up if LQ stores do close this week due to shutdown? Heard NJ stores closed?

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2020, 07:59:14 AM »
Anyone here ever have Graft cider? It's a great brand. I know that they aren't sold everywhere, mostly on the east coast.

If someone on the west coast or wherever wants to check them out and do a cider swap I'd really be down once the covid shit blows over. They have a ton of great kinds to try. Some get a little funky but a lot are awesome and taste great.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2020, 08:40:07 AM »
Anyone here ever have Graft cider? It's a great brand. I know that they aren't sold everywhere, mostly on the east coast.

If someone on the west coast or wherever wants to check them out and do a cider swap I'd really be down once the covid shit blows over. They have a ton of great kinds to try. Some get a little funky but a lot are awesome and taste great.

Yeah they sell it at our local supermarkets. They have some really solid ciders, I think I had a dry hopped blackberry something and it was yummy. They do something tequila-like as well that's pretty good.
good come sausage