Author Topic: Socks Thread  (Read 4378 times)

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Socks Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2020, 09:19:13 AM »
When Sports Authority went out of business, I bought about 50 pairs of socks. All for about $1.50 a pop. All Nike Elite, Hyperelite, and Stance socks. The Elites and Hyperelites are my favorites for sure. So much padding and the perfect thickness. Thick enough to grip your insole, yet thin enough to where it doesn’t feel plastic on your feet. You can usually find uglier color ways at mall spots for like $4
Now that was a great investment, truly

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2020, 09:22:50 AM »
dickies socks.

psockadelic are pretty legit actually as well. Darn Tough makes some good stuff.

If the homie hooks up Stance socks at a major discount I"ll grab those butterblend ones 

Echelon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2020, 12:16:30 PM »
Darn Tough socks if you want to splurge.
Merino wool and last forever. Got a lifetime warranty in case you do blow them out.

JordanBrambleberry

• Rep: -4
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2020, 05:46:36 PM »
Darn Tough socks if you want to splurge.
Merino wool and last forever. Got a lifetime warranty in case you do blow them out.

Couldn't agree with you more on their merino wool socks. Nice feel on the ankles too! Darn Tough is worth the money.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2020, 07:18:08 PM »

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2020, 08:23:15 PM »
I fuck with Bombas, a little pricey but they’re quality and give a pair away for each pair you buy.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2020, 09:42:42 PM »
For skating nothing but Nike sb socks

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2020, 09:44:34 PM »
Since i started wearing Stance i dont know if i could wear anything else

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2020, 10:21:59 PM »
I really like these Uniqlo socks. They don't always have them in store and they're thicker than their usual fare. They're some kind of cotton/acrylic blend with a small amount of polyester, but not enough to make your feet smell. They last a couple years, in my experience, and are pretty cheap. I personally like the stripes at the top--they're understated, but also put out the vibe.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-pile-striped-socks-425934.html?dwvar_425934_color=COL00&cgid=men-socks-regular-socks

Also, yeah, Darn Tough. I've had nothing but good experiences with those. Mentally, I struggle with wearing wool socks when it's hot out, though. I'm told it's fine?

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2020, 10:30:53 PM »
I used to only buy Stance but for the last 8 or 9 months it's been Volcom.

https://www.volcom.com/products/full-stone-sock-3pk-2?variant=22911121719354
How much for an order of ribs?

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2020, 01:22:07 AM »
Stance is the corniest shit out. REI outlet or Sierra Trading Post usually has supportive hiking socks for a good price or I'll go with Muji/Uniqlo for thinner, more classy socks. I'll also buy Rototo or Anonymousism when I can afford it. Got one pair of Kapital socks but I wear them pretty sparingly. If you like solid cotton socks with an athletic feel, Socco socks are made in the USA and are much nicer than what Nike or Adidas does in that department. Realizing I could go on and on about socks...

wheee!

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2020, 01:51:25 AM »
Knee high.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2020, 02:44:41 AM »
Whatever is black, and on the clearance rack at Marshall's. Sometimes I'll find stance socks for like $1 a pair there which is cool, most recently I got 6 pairs of timberland ones for like $3.99.

Also I have a pair of those FP socks with the shin pad made out of their space age foam shit. They're comfortable enough that I usually forget I'm even wearing them until I get a shinner and feel nothing. They definitely work and just look like regular socks, in fact if I'm going to skate in shorts I usually wear those.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2020, 07:32:58 AM »
Stance shrink pretty bad for me and get really tight, but i also have size 12/13 feet

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »
I wore whatever Hanes shit at Walmart for years, also when I wore Vans Old Skools, Eras and Half Cabs.
The last few years, I started taking my feet more seriously, after all the ankle and foot damage.

I've got 4 pair of Independent trucks socks that I haven't worn much. Actually pretty nice though
Adidas socks - 50% no show and 50% uh regular
Nike socks - same as above
Under Armour socks - all no show. Wear these for work.

Adidas ones seem a little thin to me and I only wear them with Adidas shoes because that makes sense.
Nike seem better, and yep, wear them with Nikes
Under Armour are probably the most comfy but make my feet sweat like the dickens.

I have a fair bit of shoes I guess, for different occasions.
Adidas:
3MC white: Sorta wear these as work shoes, but they're hella dirty and kinda hurt my feet (vulc)
Busenitz vulc black/white: never wear these, my feet feel terrible when I do. (reason I switched to cupsole)
Lucas white: Wear these as work shoes because they look kinda classy and are comfy
3ST.004 white: skate in these. Comfy on the heels. Awesome shoes.
Nike:
Torch 4: were my work shoes, now are my walking  shoes
Vapormax Plus: These are also walking shoes, but currently calling them my "dad shoes", dunno why
Team Classic: will be my next skate shoes when Adidas 3ST.004's die. Comfy!
Vans:
Half cabs: Always have a pair on deck. Only Vans I can wear without ache! (have not tried newer cupsoles)

Also have some Nike flip flops, Timberland hiking boots (for camping and hikes) and Sperry shoes for business meetings and mature things like that.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2020, 09:27:03 AM »
Got 40 pairs of Hanes comin in the mail today, $40 shipped so $1 per pair. Gonna donate all my old worn socks to the homeless shelter

sgm06sti

• Rep: 2
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »
Nike dry fit are really nice socks. Was planning on using them when I start skating

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »
Athletic socks as they are made for sports, i.e., padded, breathable, and supportive/compressed in the right areas; plus they pull quad duty for skating, biking, hiking, and working out. Fuck those generic tube or crew socks (looking at you Hanes); I fucking hate when socks bunch up or start swimming around.

Skating in during the summer in Austin (miss you House Park <3) I learned my lesson fast; back then I skated the OG Busenitz (it has the mesh tongue for air flow) and paired them with some Adidas no-show socks that had a thin mesh top (that would rest right under the [meshed] tongue) that combo was super fucking breathable.

In cooler weather or if I am wearing hi/mids I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRZNTSH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or these (synthetic but they don't fee like it, plus they aren't bulky:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HF15P8X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Right now I'm in these everyday (really nice basic sock and a great height for the Rowans).
https://www.adidas.com/us/superlite-stripe-2.0-low-cut-socks-3-pairs/CM5791.html

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:14:40 PM by Xen »

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2020, 03:11:29 PM »
I used to only buy Stance but for the last 8 or 9 months it's been Volcom.

https://www.volcom.com/products/full-stone-sock-3pk-2?variant=22911121719354

Volcom makes great socks, straight up

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2020, 03:48:03 PM »
best price and quality and look

edit -atlantic city
shalom
9/11 was a national tragedy

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2020, 04:55:19 PM »

edit -atlantic city
shalom

You know who else liked high socks...

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2020, 05:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote

edit -atlantic city
shalom
[close]

You know who else liked high socks...

shalom

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2020, 09:12:19 PM »

edit -atlantic city
shalom
1010 headass socks
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2020, 03:08:48 AM »
Expand Quote

edit -atlantic city
shalom
[close]
1010 headass socks

they fit me as regular socks.. im 6 4

masieltimer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2022, 11:08:59 PM »
For wearing in summer, you should choose socks made of cotton, in which high-quality synthetic materials are added for elasticity. Cotton will let in the air well, not cause allergies, and will not provoke excessive sweating. For winter, you can buy socks made of natural wool. They perfectly warm your feet, it's nice to sleep and walk at home in them. Wool, like other natural materials, is safe for health, although it feels rough, and not everyone likes it. In autumn or spring, it is very convenient to wear socks https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081TQ3L2Y because they are quite dense. And the legs breathe in them.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2022, 12:49:26 AM »
 Years ago I bought the Stance skate socks for no reason other than CCS had them mad cheap, I’ve yet to put a hole in a pair from wearing and I wear a set every day.

Recently for chilling around home I picked up some “Nordic Socks” and they’re bomb ass comfy

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2022, 03:14:22 AM »
For wearing in summer, you should choose socks made of cotton, in which high-quality synthetic materials are added for elasticity. Cotton will let in the air well, not cause allergies, and will not provoke excessive sweating. For winter, you can buy socks made of natural wool. They perfectly warm your feet, it's nice to sleep and walk at home in them. Wool, like other natural materials, is safe for health, although it feels rough, and not everyone likes it. In autumn or spring, it is very convenient to wear socks https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081TQ3L2Y because they are quite dense. And the legs breathe in them.

So, what’s it like being a bot? Is Amazon working you to the bone as well?
Any chance of a bot Union?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2022, 06:17:20 AM »
Spitfire actually makes some bomb socks if you can find em on discount

Some other good skate companies making alright socks , Baker, Girl/Chocolate, Krooked, Polar

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2022, 01:13:41 PM »
If you want an actual performance sport sock, Swiftwick are really good. Pretty expensive but they last forever.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2022, 03:56:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

edit -atlantic city