Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2020 Thread  (Read 113978 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Woodshop Directory 2020 Thread
« Reply #690 on: November 06, 2020, 04:24:29 PM »
Apparently you're lost young fella
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TumKayo

« Reply #691 on: November 06, 2020, 05:52:33 PM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #692 on: November 07, 2020, 05:31:24 AM »
I know is a long shot but maybe someone knows the woodshop?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #693 on: November 07, 2020, 08:15:44 AM »

Clutch would be my guess.
Basing that on their O series of shapes & the existence of an O9 shape in some online literature I saw once, but could totally be wrong.
Would recommend awaiting word from an authority like Buttfart though, rather than taking my 2 cents to the market to buy a loaf of bread.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #694 on: November 07, 2020, 08:26:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Basing that on their O series of shapes & the existence of an O9 shape in some online literature I saw once, but could totally be wrong.
Would recommend awaiting word from an authority like Buttfart though, rather than taking my 2 cents to the market to buy a loaf of bread.
The shape of this board is quite on the square end of the spectrum if that makes any sense
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #695 on: November 07, 2020, 08:36:58 AM »
Yup, is clutch. Did a little IG research  ;D
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #696 on: November 09, 2020, 05:40:12 AM »
Does anyone know the wheelbase on the 8.3 or 8.5 deck?  I’ve emailed and took it to Insta like a man.

https://newyorkskateboards.com/products/blank-skateboard?variant=36930531819692

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #697 on: November 09, 2020, 06:30:18 AM »
Does anyone know the wheelbase on the 8.3 or 8.5 deck?  I’ve emailed and took it to Insta like a man.

Glenn Chapman sent me this a couple years ago. Same dimensions since they switched to Clutch AFAIK.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #698 on: November 09, 2020, 06:59:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Glenn Chapman sent me this a couple years ago. Same dimensions since they switched to Clutch AFAIK.

Thank you so much!!

Edit. I just got an email and they must have changed some dims. I already ordered so I’m gonna skate them ha.I’ll live ha.

Click on it to see the whole chart
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 09:36:59 AM by Murge »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #699 on: November 09, 2020, 10:53:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thank you so much!!

Edit. I just got an email and they must have changed some dims. I already ordered so I’m gonna skate them ha.I’ll live ha.

Thanks for posting! Sorry for the outdated info.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #700 on: November 09, 2020, 11:26:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thank you so much!!

[close]

Thanks for posting! Sorry for the outdated info.

All good. I’m kinda stoked to try something with a slightly longer wheelbase then I’m use too

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #701 on: November 11, 2020, 04:03:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
The shape of this board is quite on the square end of the spectrum if that makes any sense

You're spot on Lou. Clutch O shape, which is their "trendy cool kid" square shape and my personal favorite. It's a little steeper than the quasi 8.25 and a little mellower than the FA/Hockey one, so kind of a happy medium. Here's a slightly older and more in depth version of their shape guide from their website that will give you an idea of the clutch offerings.

https://rayzlv.wixsite.com/clutchdistribution/copy-of-shapes

On that note, Flip is currently using clutch as well. The two I saw at Zumiez (don't judge, I'm in the barren wasteland known as "Texas" right now and there's no real shops nearby) were S shape (standard slightly tapered round nose popsicle) but from the pics on socal it looks like some of the team boards are O shape. Not sure if this is a permanent change or just a temporary thing because of the production delays at PS Stix, but if I had to guess I'd lean towards the latter.

beavis

• Rep: 3
« Reply #702 on: November 11, 2020, 08:12:56 AM »

cool they redid their site and added inventory. was gonna get a blank the other month but 8.25s were out. just ordered one. $35 and free ship... can't really go wrong

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #703 on: November 11, 2020, 08:40:41 AM »
Are the Foundation team boards still from China or are they coming through with PS stix on everythang?
The chillest1

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #704 on: November 11, 2020, 09:19:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

cool they redid their site and added inventory. was gonna get a blank the other month but 8.25s were out. just ordered one. $35 and free ship... can't really go wrong

I got the 8.3 and 8.5 I hope I’m into them if so they’ll likely be my go too. Like you said that can’t be beat.

ish_wav

• Rep: 94
« Reply #705 on: November 11, 2020, 09:41:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are these also Clutch O shape? I’ve been looking for an 8.1 O shape and if these are that... I might’ve found my winner.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #706 on: November 11, 2020, 09:41:34 AM »
got one of these Prime blanks from Socal and this thing is awesome.  but they're all sold out.  anyone know what board companies also use this wood/shape?  its the 8.25 P22 shape

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #707 on: November 11, 2020, 10:01:27 AM »
got one of these Prime blanks from Socal and this thing is awesome.  but they're all sold out.  anyone know what board companies also use this wood/shape?  its the 8.25 P22 shape

That looks so sick. I love the stained blanks with aces plus the sticker job. Excellent work.

To my knowledge, I believe stereo would be your best bet for finding that same shape. I know they use the same wood, not positive on the shape. Same with Shorty's although those are somewhat hard to get and I think they use a flatter mold than usual. Probably best to just wait for the blank restock which happens fairly regularly on SoCal.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #708 on: November 11, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »

Blackout & Goodwood are prime
Go to Zumiez, get one for 30$ and sand the graphic off

jagger eaton is selling prime blanks on the berrics, but they're like 80$

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #709 on: November 11, 2020, 01:23:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What?!
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #710 on: November 11, 2020, 02:57:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
What?!

https://canteen.theberrics.com/products/autographed-jagger-eaton-pro-model?variant=31853089128521

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #711 on: November 11, 2020, 11:53:38 PM »

Are these also Clutch O shape? I’ve been looking for an 8.1 O shape and if these are that... I might’ve found my winner.

https://www.linesskateboarding.com/?s=O6&post_type=product

These should all be what you're looking for. Graphics might not be exactly what you want but you can sticker up the blanks.

The 8.1 is the o6, so if you ever want to look specifically for that size that's what you'll want to reference. Companies with reasonably large distribution that use the O are Hotel Blue (almost all of them) and Coda (I've had 2 from them but I think they might use some other shapes too so best to ask the shop to check if you're unsure. Also like I said earlier I think Flip is using it at the moment, so if you see a newer square flip 8.1 it's probably that, but again it would be best to double check with the shop before buying.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #712 on: November 12, 2020, 12:02:54 AM »
Anyone know where Skatemental boards are pressed?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #713 on: November 12, 2020, 01:35:55 AM »

The last ones here were the same as Girl / Chocolate, but that could have easily changed now.

Tired seemed to be on both PS Stix and another steeper concave with no identifying markings just like the Skate Mental wood, as they came through the same place / distro, but it could be different in other places to Australia.

I could hazard a guess and say somewhere in China, but I haven't seen any after they were all nothing but dead stock and cleared out here.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #714 on: November 12, 2020, 01:55:25 AM »

Pretty funny, just was looking at info on Skate Mental and a Ben Degros video came up skating one, which also included a plug for the 2017 woodshop thread on here, at about 6:30 on there - said his was a BBS wood version, but previous versions were from Crailtap, so they were Girl / Chocolate wood as I had said, video from 2017.

Also funny a comment said it felt just like a Girl deck, so in different places it might have been on other wood or still on Crailtap wood here in Australia or old stock that was being cleared out last year.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #715 on: November 12, 2020, 09:17:06 AM »
How’s the concave on 5Boro boards ?

They’re the only South Central boards (unless that’s changed recently) I can find in Canada right now, and SC are also the only boards stiff enough that my 200lbs ass can’t snap.

My go-to brand, Morning Bell, is out of stock ‘til I don’t know when right now

Used to be a Chapman guy but unfortunately they don’t make their own boards anymore.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #716 on: November 12, 2020, 10:02:44 AM »
How’s the concave on 5Boro boards ?

They’re the only South Central boards (unless that’s changed recently) I can find in Canada right now, and SC are also the only boards stiff enough that my 200lbs ass can’t snap.

My go-to brand, Morning Bell, is out of stock ‘til I don’t know when right now

Used to be a Chapman guy but unfortunately they don’t make their own boards anymore.
concave is good on them, just a solud medium underfoot and steep nose and tails. i think politic does more for shape and concave variety from sc.

Bender

• Rep: -6
« Reply #717 on: November 12, 2020, 01:41:44 PM »
Well, for any of the Clutch fans out there, if there’s a smaller brand that uses their wood on a shape you like, buy em up now while you can. 

They’re basically extorting their customers by requiring a $3 per board increase if you want your shit made, even if it was ordered months ago. And even then there’s no guarantee that it’ll land before 2021.

Obviously, this adds up quick.

I get that COVID hit skate manufacturing hard but this pretty much throws the smaller guys under the bus.

Sucks cause these guys basically built a company on supplying smaller and indie brands, but end of the day, money talks.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #718 on: November 12, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »
Well, for any of the Clutch fans out there, if there’s a smaller brand that uses their wood on a shape you like, buy em up now while you can. 

They’re basically extorting their customers by requiring a $3 per board increase if you want your shit made, even if it was ordered months ago. And even then there’s no guarantee that it’ll land before 2021.

Obviously, this adds up quick.

I get that COVID hit skate manufacturing hard but this pretty much throws the smaller guys under the bus.

Sucks cause these guys basically built a company on supplying smaller and indie brands, but end of the day, money talks.

Gonna plug my buddies local brand, he uses Clutch O shape and another regular shape which I do not know the model number. He usually lists them seperate tho, square shape/regular shape or something like that. They are out of stock right now, but I just saw him post on insta they'd be in soon. He usually orders small amounts, and I usually buy 5 at a time

https://www.nativeskateboards.com/password
https://www.instagram.com/nativesk8boards/

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #719 on: November 12, 2020, 06:42:54 PM »
My local uses clutch and just got a big shipment of shop boards so I’ll grab one of those in the next week or so.