Author Topic: Last thing you bought  (Read 21336 times)

Oldirtypasta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Last thing you bought
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2021, 07:23:50 AM »
Never thought this day will come but the last thing I bought was a pair of Birkenstock. Feets are relieved but inside I still feel guilty to join the Granola fed army

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2021, 08:38:32 AM »
We hired an electrician to pigtail all our aluminum wiring with copper and update all our outlets/switches.  He’s a friend of a friend and only charged us $55/hr, which compared to the $100-150 other companies charge, is a ridiculously good rate.

sketchyrider

« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2021, 10:09:23 AM »
Never thought this day will come but the last thing I bought was a pair of Birkenstock. Feets are relieved but inside I still feel guilty to join the Granola fed army

I would never be seen in public with Birkenstocks, but I have a pair of the Zermatt slippers. Will be buying again once they wear out.

I did just buy some Teva's though which are pretty much just as bad.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2021, 11:00:08 AM »
Birkenstock > Crocs
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Oldirtypasta

• Rep: -1
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2021, 02:23:35 AM »
Birkenstock > Crocs

All day! I bought the Arizona for the look Surfer > Urban Naruto cosplay went wrong. Still ashamed tho, I feel the urge to buy a new pair of shoes to skate for redemption

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2021, 03:05:25 AM »
I fully embrace the birkies. Saving my feet is EASILY worth the risk of people thinking I'm a math teacher.

RichardAsh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2021, 05:42:10 AM »
I ordered this OUDEW 41 inch longboard for my niece, and she loves it! She’s just learning how to skate, which is a great tool for her to start with. This board is rock solid, with heavy-duty wheels and bearings. My niece absolutely loves it and has spent a lot of time on it since she received it. :)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2021, 01:42:44 PM »
grocery

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2021, 02:23:20 PM »
Reusable paper towels...not much but I'm trying to reduce waste. Hopefully they do the trick. That and ice cream donuts for my kids as it's blistering hot today.

Skate wise some 159 hollows for a cruiser I don't need.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

kristiano09

• Rep: 0
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2021, 08:22:45 AM »
Last thing I bought was a  swimming jacket by Mac Miller and I love it. I am a great fan of Mac Miller.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2021, 10:03:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A block of land and a new watch!
[close]

for reals on the block of land?

i am looking right now for some acres...it's an intimidating thing to spend money on, and i have specific uses in mind...
[close]
yes for reals, house is currently being built! Half of the land will be a vege patch though, looking to do some hardcore permaculture

congrats man...sorry i didn't see this sooner.

i'm looking for enough land to practice some farming/permaculture myself, and also enough land to shoot my guns on and perhaps even pour a little concrete. funny enough, the actual house i end up with is kind of a secondary consideration for me as i look...i definitely don't mind kind of building it up around me as i go.

not sure people care much about this, but i love searching and exploring through this site...it's easy to get lost looking and dreaming:

https://www.landwatch.com/

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2021, 05:27:29 PM »
I bought some makeup for my girlfriend and a comic for her nephew. Six packs of guitar strings and some picks. Knee pads for when I start hitting the concrete parks a little harder this autumn. And a bottle of Maine Beer Company Lunch.

I had a Nintendo Switch Lite and Breath of the Wild in my hand and $300 cash burning a hole in my pocket but I came to my senses and acted like an adult and put them back on the shelf and walked calmly out of the store.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2021, 09:38:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A block of land and a new watch!
[close]

for reals on the block of land?

i am looking right now for some acres...it's an intimidating thing to spend money on, and i have specific uses in mind...
[close]
yes for reals, house is currently being built! Half of the land will be a vege patch though, looking to do some hardcore permaculture
[close]

congrats man...sorry i didn't see this sooner.

i'm looking for enough land to practice some farming/permaculture myself, and also enough land to shoot my guns on and perhaps even pour a little concrete. funny enough, the actual house i end up with is kind of a secondary consideration for me as i look...i definitely don't mind kind of building it up around me as i go.

not sure people care much about this, but i love searching and exploring through this site...it's easy to get lost looking and dreaming:

https://www.landwatch.com/

upstate NY is looking wicked cheap these days. Really though, right out where I'm at in northern ca there's a 45 acre parcel out here that used to be an herb farm but that couldn't get permitted and is now selling for 245k an could be had for less. Couple out buildings, a stream that might still be viable, and water rights that may or may not be drained from the farm across the way. Still, Nat Forest land is up the hill, it sits at 3100ft elevation, 50 minutes from towns of 12k, 18k, and 26k people. Pretty sweet. I Can't find it right now, but this parcel sold almost 2 years ago and it's nice as can be https://www.humboldtcountyrealestate.com/property/254707/.

Now that the counties and state are going hard on so-called illegal or black market growers (so the permitted farms can sell their shit on the black market anyways), properties that can't get permitted are selling for the low low low. Seriously, a property with a permit will sell for 1million+ while a property with more land and infrastructure, without papers, might sell for less than 250k. If you wanted to move to the far reaches of Northern California, where a person can shoot guns all day and night and grow as much food as they want on a property, these are what to look for as far as I'm concerned.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2021, 09:47:05 PM »
Nerded the fuck out on that website I love property websites

https://www.landwatch.com/humboldt-county-california-homesites-for-sale/pid/333696937

There’s gotta be something wrong with the title on this one or something why is it so cheap

You’d just go there and camp for weekends ay just build a pizza oven or some shit maybe a carport type thing to park under in case it rains it says it’s got power probably got no sewage tho

There’s some sick listings on that website hey

https://www.landwatch.com/humboldt-county-california-recreational-property-for-sale/pid/409429721

This one’s sick hella room to get weird
listen to cosmic psychos

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2021, 07:10:16 AM »
@matty_c and @IusedToSkateMore

i'm glad people explored that site a bit, and i appreciate the input on land in CA SkateMore.

i've lived in the Bay Area a couple of times now (the last time was back in 1998-1999), and i was seeing a lady who lived up in Shasta Lake, so i was up there quite a bit at points, but i honestly could never picture moving back to CA at this point...i try keep my horizons open though, so who knows...

...still, because of obligations to family--in and around Detroit--i'm looking for land in northern Michigan mostly, anywheres from 10 to 20 acres so far. this place is absolutely beautiful, but the parcel of land is kind of weird for what i would like to do:

https://www.landwatch.com/clare-county-michigan-homes-for-sale/pid/411305315

i hadn't considered upstate NY, so the next time i'm lurking, i'm going to look through what's available on LandWatch...exploring and dreaming and scheming on the next step in my life is helping me get through this period of stasis, which i have no choice in right now, and sipping on a little Maker's and exploring on Landwatch is helping right now...

edit: the thought of crazy, off-the-grid places/structures like this keep exciting me...

https://www.landwatch.com/alger-county-michigan-homes-for-sale/pid/411430544

this is way the fuck up in MI's upper peninsula, and 15 acres sounds and looks fun. i always said i'd never teach online, but now that i have made Zoom work pretty well, if i had a solid internet signal up there, i feel like i could make this work. install a bunch of solar panels, etc....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 08:40:42 AM by Deputy Wendell »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2021, 10:53:52 AM »
@Deputy Wendell @matty_c

Matty- the shelter cove properties are super remote and on the aide of cliffs usually. In the 70s or 80s they were all part of a 1000s of acre ranch that got subdivided into smaller plots - 40-60 acre parcels are what most ended up being broken into, like that 2nd one in bridge ville you posted. Shelter cove was sold as a real estate developers dream, like for the last untouched cliffside beach properties in CA, but its waaaaay too isolated for that to happen. Takes hours on windy roads going 20mph to get there. The 2nd property in bridge ville is also very isolated and would be cool to just have. Most definitely was a weed farm until a couple years ago, probably from the 80s onward. Strategically, its a but too inland and might not have a great water source right now, for my liking. But its beautiful out there and again, probably at least 2 hrs to town, buy its off hwy 36, which is a very deadly, amazing road.

Wendell, Shasta lake suuuuucks area. Humboldt is interesting mostly due to the legacy of back to the landers, hippies, and weed growers that have been here since the late 70s. While it is also stupid conservative in places, its far more culturally interesting that anywhere else in these rural northern counties. I wouldn't live anywhrr else in CA. I don't like the bay area all that much and haven't been further south. Not trying to change any minds, but this area is quite different than others- although with the government getting involved more in EVERYTHING under the guise of cannabis legalisation and folks from the bay and socal "discovering" affordable home prices on a places where fires haven't yet hit and ample water, its changing fast. The rural places though, will not change much.

End ramble for now
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2021, 11:08:20 AM »
@Deputy Wendell @matty_c

Matty- the shelter cove properties are super remote and on the aide of cliffs usually. In the 70s or 80s they were all part of a 1000s of acre ranch that got subdivided into smaller plots - 40-60 acre parcels are what most ended up being broken into, like that 2nd one in bridge ville you posted. Shelter cove was sold as a real estate developers dream, like for the last untouched cliffside beach properties in CA, but its waaaaay too isolated for that to happen. Takes hours on windy roads going 20mph to get there. The 2nd property in bridge ville is also very isolated and would be cool to just have. Most definitely was a weed farm until a couple years ago, probably from the 80s onward. Strategically, its a but too inland and might not have a great water source right now, for my liking. But its beautiful out there and again, probably at least 2 hrs to town, buy its off hwy 36, which is a very deadly, amazing road.

Wendell, Shasta lake suuuuucks area. Humboldt is interesting mostly due to the legacy of back to the landers, hippies, and weed growers that have been here since the late 70s. While it is also stupid conservative in places, its far more culturally interesting that anywhere else in these rural northern counties. I wouldn't live anywhrr else in CA. I don't like the bay area all that much and haven't been further south. Not trying to change any minds, but this area is quite different than others- although with the government getting involved more in EVERYTHING under the guise of cannabis legalisation and folks from the bay and socal "discovering" affordable home prices on a places where fires haven't yet hit and ample water, its changing fast. The rural places though, will not change much.

End ramble for now

I love the big forests of Northern CA and Oregon, San Diego is the most beautiful place and where I'm from, perhaps moving up north might be a realistic Avenue to actually owning property in this state

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2021, 07:01:24 PM »
Expand Quote
@Deputy Wendell @matty_c

End ramble for now
[close]

I love the big forests of Northern CA and Oregon, San Diego is the most beautiful place and where I'm from, perhaps moving up north might be a realistic Avenue to actually owning property in this state

Yeah true does look heaps remote on google maps still though depends what you’re into you there are defz waves in shelter cove saw it on youtube you probably couldn’t walk to the beach for 5 grand hey that little blocks probably ages away from beach hey
Maybe there’s a mad little community there still though it would have to be real dope to justify a ten hour drive there on long weekends hey
You could probably go fishing and shit up there idk
Depends what you’re into I reckon it’s sick though to have a place to go with mates drink and get loud, let off crackers and shit shoot guns and have a fire sort of thing

That one for 200k is like some skatetopia type shit haha

Do you guys ever look on that private islands online website?
You can just set the search to USA and go lowest to highest there are a few under 200k I reckon they would get snapped up quick like the cheap ones
listen to cosmic psychos

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2021, 08:34:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@Deputy Wendell @matty_c

End ramble for now
[close]

[close]

Yeah true does look heaps remote on google maps still though depends what you’re into you there are defz waves in shelter cove saw it on youtube you probably couldn’t walk to the beach for 5 grand hey that little blocks probably ages away from beach hey
Maybe there’s a mad little community there still though it would have to be real dope to justify a ten hour drive there on long weekends hey
You could probably go fishing and shit up there idk
Depends what you’re into I reckon it’s sick though to have a place to go with mates drink and get loud, let off crackers and shit shoot guns and have a fire sort of thing

That one for 200k is like some skatetopia type shit haha

Do you guys ever look on that private islands online website?
You can just set the search to USA and go lowest to highest there are a few under 200k I reckon they would get snapped up quick like the cheap ones

California is just like Australia mate, in that it's way bigger than everyone thinks and there's a ton of people in small pockets. Northern CA is super vast and dense but a lot of it is mostly forest. Skatopia is obviously the dream,  both the compound and the anarcho commune

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2021, 09:31:01 PM »
Yeah oath you guys got hella national parks and shit
like that

I dunno if that website had it but it’s sick to shit in ya filters like land size price and shit but then search off map not the list so you can see where shit is
listen to cosmic psychos

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #260 on: August 31, 2021, 08:26:10 AM »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2021, 06:17:37 AM »
oh man, this looks tempting and fun...40 acres...

https://www.landwatch.com/schoolcraft-county-michigan-recreational-property-for-sale/pid/411381956

Manistique is a cool little UP town, right on Lake Michigan. Not far from Marquette or Escanaba either. You gotta be ready for winter though.

My mother in law has a place in one of the little towns just a bit east, so we always go to Manistique for groceries and theres a few cool restaurants and bars, but I've never stayed there. You might be ok with the bugs because you're closer to the lake, but where I stay the bugs run shit. You don't want to be outside in the summer once the sun starts to set. It's seriously the biggest drawback about that place, more than the winter in my opinion.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2021, 07:05:52 AM »
Expand Quote

Manistique is a cool little UP town, right on Lake Michigan. Not far from Marquette or Escanaba either. You gotta be ready for winter though.

My mother in law has a place in one of the little towns just a bit east, so we always go to Manistique for groceries and theres a few cool restaurants and bars, but I've never stayed there. You might be ok with the bugs because you're closer to the lake, but where I stay the bugs run shit. You don't want to be outside in the summer once the sun starts to set. It's seriously the biggest drawback about that place, more than the winter in my opinion.

cheers JB, i appreciate the info. i have no experience with the UP so it helps.

that particular domicile and land are seriously tempting, but i'm really looking for a place to live, and as incredible as that cabin and land are, there are a number of limiting factors--hah, for one, it sounds like the 2-mile-long "sandy two track" that leads to the main road, is probably impassable at points throughout the winter.

i've been half joking with a few friends who i grew up with in and around Detroit, about going halves on it, so we can get the fuck out of dodge regularly, and go and shoot guns and all that kind of fun stuff...

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2021, 07:43:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

cheers JB, i appreciate the info. i have no experience with the UP so it helps.

that particular domicile and land are seriously tempting, but i'm really looking for a place to live, and as incredible as that cabin and land are, there are a number of limiting factors--hah, for one, it sounds like the 2-mile-long "sandy two track" that leads to the main road, is probably impassable at points throughout the winter.

i've been half joking with a few friends who i grew up with in and around Detroit, about going halves on it, so we can get the fuck out of dodge regularly, and go and shoot guns and all that kind of fun stuff...

Unless you've got a serious plow, you're not getting in and out on that two track in the winter. Winter is gnarly there, and I looked on the map and you're far enough out of town that I think you're in the thick of the bugs come summer. As awesome as the UP is, I'd keep your eyes open for something else. From Detroit, you're looking at least a 6 hour drive up to Manistique too, so take that into consideration.

My wife is actually trying to get her mom to sell her place up there because the weather is so hard on homes, you really gotta be there to maintain it, and right now it's just a vacation spot. We were up there in July and there was people rebuilding the foundation because it was crumbling, and I think the house is only like 10-15 years old. She's also got this barn that's going to cave in any second. My mother in law is too old to take care of it, and we're all too busy to make that drive all the time to get shit done, so we're really wishing she sells it and finds a place closer. The UP is awesome and I'm really glad that I've gotten to experience a lot of it, but Michigan has loads of other cool places that aren't as gnarly when it comes to the elements. Keep your eyes open.

Check up and down the Huron side. It seems to be less developed than the Michigan side and more affordable. My wife and I just spent last weekend up in Port Austin, which is at the tip of the Thumb. Never been before and we can't wait to go back. Super small tour, so it's not like flooded with tourists like a lot of the towns on Lake Michigan. Almost everything was walkable, but not a ton to do. We chilled on the beach and walked to bars and restaurants. It's surrounded by farm land, and theres no big freeways leading up to it, and from Detroit it would probably still be under 3 hours. My cousin has a place in AuGres which is just on the other side of the Saginaw bay on Lake Huron, and she said it really affordable there. You could also find a place anywhere in the middle, but in my opinion unless you're a serious hunter or farmer, there's no reason you'd want to live in the middle of nowhere. There are cool places sprinkled throughout, but I wouldn't leave my place in the burbs for a mid Michigan town.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2021, 07:44:03 AM »
A new epilator, my old one has a dying motor.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

drdabber

• Rep: -2
    • Best Dab Pen avatar image
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2021, 03:19:43 AM »
The last thing I bought is one of the best vape pens from an online shop ;D.
You can also search them here:
https://www.drdabber.com
Visit the website so, you can find more products and information:
https://www.drdabber.com

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2021, 04:19:18 AM »
Been on a spending rampage lately.
Hunting bow.
Slingshot.
Tent.
3 pairs of adidas yoga Capri pants.
A Quasi hat and shirt.
A bunch of Golden brand acrylic paint.
A raincoat from the Hundreds.
A scale.
Water purification shit.
Crypto.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -332
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2021, 04:59:47 AM »
Some Dickies jeans
A bass cabinet
Big muff pi Russian
Some record’s and bathroom sundries.
Dueces Bitch's

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2021, 07:59:52 AM »
Beef bacon from the Jewish deli
Bolillo bread from the Mexican bakery
Baklava from the iraqi bakery
Then ajarski from the Armenian bakery
And they’re all skatin distance from my crib!

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2021, 08:25:35 AM »
Big muff pi Russian

classy.

I kinda hate that there are so many muff versions. Like how do I know if theres a better one than the one I already have?