Author Topic: Last thing you bought  (Read 21307 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -331
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Last thing you bought
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2021, 08:59:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Big muff pi Russian
[close]

classy.

I kinda hate that there are so many muff versions. Like how do I know if theres a better one than the one I already have?
I got it cheap off a buddy of mine who is snobby about his pedal board. He’s got a plethora of fx pedals and let it go for $50.

Looking forward to playing some heavy fuzzlord stuff.
Dueces Bitch's

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2021, 09:51:29 AM »
Dog poop bags
Dog treats
Dog shampoo
Flea medicine

charge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2021, 09:59:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Big muff pi Russian
[close]

classy.

I kinda hate that there are so many muff versions. Like how do I know if theres a better one than the one I already have?
[close]
I got it cheap off a buddy of mine who is snobby about his pedal board. He’s got a plethora of fx pedals and let it go for $50.

I feel like the tone benders are the best fuzz/distortion you can get IMO

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2021, 10:31:00 AM »
red bull (singular)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2021, 10:56:16 AM »
iced coffee

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2021, 12:41:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Big muff pi Russian
[close]

http://www.kitrae.net/music/music_big_muff.htmlLook
Good place to start on all things muff. Recent EHX reissues are really deece. Lots of good boutique options, too. Vintage is not worth the squeeze.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2021, 01:02:52 PM »
2020 fusion titanium. Its pretty nice. I wanted a sedan with awd to help with snowy mountains so we will see how it performs in a few months. But in the meantime the adaptive cruise control and cooled seats are boss.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #277 on: September 03, 2021, 06:27:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Big muff pi Russian
[close]

classy.

[close]

[close]

I've got an Animals Pedal Rover, which is a TB style fuzz. It's the only one I've got that cleans up with the guitars volume knob, which makes it pretty versatile. I honestly think it's a better overdrive than a fuzz sometimes. Stacks really well with other overdrives and fuzzes too. It's probably my hardest fuzz to dial in though, all the knobs really play off each other so it's a lot of twisting until you find what sounds best. Big muffs are pretty much a set and forget pedal (sustain dimed). 

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #278 on: September 04, 2021, 06:09:46 PM »
Not a fan of Picture Show’s art direction, but I love surrealism

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #279 on: September 05, 2021, 06:39:56 PM »
My iPhone 7 shit the bed so I upgraded to a 12 mini, declined the apple care protection plan, and immediately dropped it in the phone case store.  Seemed to survive the impact unscathed thank god.

My girl bought some expensive Sherwin Williams paint for our place so I bought us a new air fryer after breaking the handle on our worn out one.

The common theme here is that I’m a total klutz.

boogs

« Reply #280 on: September 06, 2021, 11:06:55 AM »
a dyson vacuum

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #281 on: September 06, 2021, 01:27:05 PM »
Got a new propane tank for the grill from one of those automated deals where you put in your empty tank and it just spits out a full one.

Get hungry on it!

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »
dsc picture viewer
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Big muff pi Russian
[close]

classy.

[close]

[close]
[close]

I've got an Animals Pedal Rover, which is a TB style fuzz. It's the only one I've got that cleans up with the guitars volume knob, which makes it pretty versatile. I honestly think it's a better overdrive than a fuzz sometimes. Stacks really well with other overdrives and fuzzes too. It's probably my hardest fuzz to dial in though, all the knobs really play off each other so it's a lot of twisting until you find what sounds best. Big muffs are pretty much a set and forget pedal (sustain dimed).
For mine I have a trace Elliot elf 200wt head on a bheringer 15” speaker with a big muff pedal and wawa pedal on an epiphone sg bass with Gibson pickups.

This is a monster of a budget doom rig that shakes the windows.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 01:44:47 PM by El Fapinator »
Dueces Bitch's

baggy spandex

« Reply #283 on: September 06, 2021, 02:08:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Big muff pi Russian
[close]

classy.

I love Earthquaker's take on the big muff (Hoof and Cloven Hoof). Way Huge Pork & Pickle is great too, but I tend to use the OD side more than the fuzz. Pedals are such a rabbit hole.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: September 06, 2021, 04:34:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Big muff pi Russian
[close]

classy.

[close]

I love Earthquaker's take on the big muff (Hoof and Cloven Hoof). Way Huge Pork & Pickle is great too, but I tend to use the OD side more than the fuzz. Pedals are such a rabbit hole.
Every time I try to find a cloven hoof they’re wicked expensive, I’d try one of they were affordable most definitely.
Dueces Bitch's

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #285 on: September 07, 2021, 06:32:33 AM »
Some edibles yesterday, but last like useful thing I bought was some brake pads, brake assembly lubricant and some manga lol.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: September 07, 2021, 07:32:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Big muff pi Russian
[close]

classy.

[close]

I tried a swollen pickle a while back, thinking I wanted the extra scoop and compression controls. Turns out I liked my wicker muff better. Traded the SP for a ZVEX Mastotron and that thing is a beast. My muff was crapping out the last time I played it though, so I might be looking for a replacement soon. Kinda eyeing the Ibanez mini fuzz, as that could probably always fit on my pedalboard.

As far as the Hoof, I kinda feel like it's a bit out of my price range for a big muff, since you can get the EHX ones for less than half the price. I'd really love to try a hoof reaper though, I feel like that could be my only dirt pedal and I'd be totally fine.

I think my next one will be a germanium fuzz face. The dunlop mini ones are fairly inexpensive. I love being able to use the volume on my guitar to control my tone bender, and the fuzz face is supposed to be even better at that.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #287 on: September 07, 2021, 12:52:59 PM »
shampoo and a couple blank shirts

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #288 on: September 07, 2021, 05:08:26 PM »
A food scale.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2021, 10:14:28 AM »
For my geriatric knees and joints..

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2021, 05:01:47 PM »
a really expensive stone island jacket and pants . pretty dumb purchase but fuck it
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2021, 11:32:36 AM »
Cheap pair of Tascam headphones and a $30 Tom's Line Germanium Fuzz pedal. The headphones are ok, going to give them a few days before I decide on whether I'm going to keep them or exchange them for another pair. They sound fine, but they're a bit too big for my head. The fuzz is solid, not too wild, but cleans up decent with the guitars volume knob. Definitely could use more output and gain, but it's got a good vintage sound. Stacks well with other dirt behind it too. For the price, I don't think I did bad.

I've got my eyes on either this seafoam fender mustang with p90s or a squier bass 6. Hoping to take two guitars and a pedal I don't use and see what the shop will give me on a trade in. Of the two, I really want the mustang. I've got am american mustang right now that I love, but I can't tune in anything other than standard tuning because of the tremolo bridge makes it go out of tune too fast. The p90 has a string through body and a bridge like a tele, so it should be perfect for alt tunings. Felt great playing it too. It's almost $700 though, and I doubt they'll give me that on a trade for my gear. The bass 6 is only about ~$450 which I could probably get close for my gear, but I don't know how much I'd actually play it. I like the idea of a bass sounding guitar, but I don't know if it's going to sit in the corner for months after the novelty wears off.

chloegrace

• Rep: -1
« Reply #292 on: September 10, 2021, 05:10:42 AM »
I am a hoarder when it comes to purchasing things online. If I can actually show my Amazon wish list, one will be surprised by how myriad and whimsical my lists are. The last thing a bought was a Japanese traditional samurai mask. Japanese Samurai Masks are a part of traditional Japan and their origins go back to times. Samurai Masks are also a representation of the rich cultural values of Japan and symbolize its history.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #293 on: September 10, 2021, 05:27:24 AM »
Laser tattoo removal session.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #294 on: September 10, 2021, 06:24:27 AM »
I was bummed when my two local corner stores didn’t have the rolling papers I like, so my impulsive ass bought a whole case on Amazon.

25 packs of 100 papers, should be good for a while.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #295 on: September 10, 2021, 06:11:32 PM »
Five 10' pieces of rebar. I've got some schemes brewing.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #296 on: September 10, 2021, 09:22:42 PM »

I got a cover up from Ram
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2021, 04:03:30 AM »
Chasebliss Dark World Reverb pedal. It’s batshit crazy, and with my Mood pedal next to it I’m creating some crazy ass shit.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2021, 06:39:34 AM »
Sold some bike parts on eBay and bought a fancy Canon Pixma inkjet printer along with vinyl decal paper.  ;D I can't wait till it comes.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2021, 10:30:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Big muff pi Russian
[close]

classy.

[close]

[close]

I tried a swollen pickle a while back, thinking I wanted the extra scoop and compression controls. Turns out I liked my wicker muff better. Traded the SP for a ZVEX Mastotron and that thing is a beast. My muff was crapping out the last time I played it though, so I might be looking for a replacement soon. Kinda eyeing the Ibanez mini fuzz, as that could probably always fit on my pedalboard.

As far as the Hoof, I kinda feel like it's a bit out of my price range for a big muff, since you can get the EHX ones for less than half the price. I'd really love to try a hoof reaper though, I feel like that could be my only dirt pedal and I'd be totally fine.

I think my next one will be a germanium fuzz face. The dunlop mini ones are fairly inexpensive. I love being able to use the volume on my guitar to control my tone bender, and the fuzz face is supposed to be even better at that.

I just bought an Adventure Audio Fuzz Peaks II which is basically a modified Russian muff circuit. They claim it’s for bass (since so many Russian Muffs suck low end on bass) but it sounds tremendous on guitar.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:41:34 PM by Uh Oh »