Author Topic: Last thing you bought  (Read 21322 times)

Hinna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Last thing you bought
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2021, 05:28:47 PM »
shoes and lunch

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2021, 01:59:56 PM »
pack of carabiner keychain things and lunch

Michelin

• Rep: 0
  • Been skating for a little under 2 years
« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2021, 03:03:54 PM »
Bought myself a couple of new hats and some pants to skate in. Got a pretty good deal on them and I think they match my outfit pretty nice. https://www.slapmagazine.com/Smileys/default/grin.gif
I like skate

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #303 on: September 27, 2021, 05:59:28 PM »
2 blank sweaters and a toilet brush

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #304 on: September 27, 2021, 07:30:27 PM »
2 blank sweaters and a toilet brush

Where it’s at!

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #305 on: September 29, 2021, 06:29:36 AM »

Saw this mustang at the local guitar store yesterday and had to grab it. I was looking at basically the same guitar, but in blue and they wanted $700 for the brand new one, and that was just too much for me to spend on a second guitar. This is barely used, and came with the hard case, a clip-on tuner, cleaning rag, and the strap with strap locks and was only $500. I was planning on selling some of guitars and pedals I don't use, but even taking a decent loss on that stuff will more than pay for this. Really stoked.

It plays just like my other Mustang, but the pickups sound totally different. They're super mid focused and sharp compared to the loose and open feeling of the mustang single coils. It also plays very different with my pedals. My DOD 250 has been my go-to overdrive for a while, and I really don't like it with the P90s. It adds in a lot of low end which doesn't sound great to my ears. My Animals Pedal Van overdrive has very little low end and the P90s eat that thing up.

I've went back and forth to try to hear the differences, and they're definitely noticeable, but I think what I'm most stoked on is they both sound amazing and it's impossible to prefer one over the other. Every time I've tried to put my other Mustang down and play my Duo Sonic or my Revstar, I'm always less than pleased. That's not an issue anymore.

This is exactly how I feel right now.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #306 on: October 05, 2021, 04:21:22 PM »
wheels a broom and lunch

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #307 on: October 05, 2021, 11:08:31 PM »
I just bought and ate a whole box of chocolate croissants.
Feeling not so good
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #308 on: October 06, 2021, 07:37:00 AM »
Iced almond milk latte, it was mostly whatevs.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2021, 08:37:24 AM »
Kirkland logo crewneck for $20. Easily the most comfortable and best fitting sweater i got and you best believe that "Signature" is fucking embroidered

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2021, 06:31:57 PM »
costco trips are usually pretty good. the fries

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2021, 08:52:46 PM »
food

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2021, 09:05:14 PM »

Saw this mustang at the local guitar store yesterday and had to grab it. I was looking at basically the same guitar, but in blue and they wanted $700 for the brand new one, and that was just too much for me to spend on a second guitar. This is barely used, and came with the hard case, a clip-on tuner, cleaning rag, and the strap with strap locks and was only $500. I was planning on selling some of guitars and pedals I don't use, but even taking a decent loss on that stuff will more than pay for this. Really stoked.

It plays just like my other Mustang, but the pickups sound totally different. They're super mid focused and sharp compared to the loose and open feeling of the mustang single coils. It also plays very different with my pedals. My DOD 250 has been my go-to overdrive for a while, and I really don't like it with the P90s. It adds in a lot of low end which doesn't sound great to my ears. My Animals Pedal Van overdrive has very little low end and the P90s eat that thing up.

I've went back and forth to try to hear the differences, and they're definitely noticeable, but I think what I'm most stoked on is they both sound amazing and it's impossible to prefer one over the other. Every time I've tried to put my other Mustang down and play my Duo Sonic or my Revstar, I'm always less than pleased. That's not an issue anymore.

This is exactly how I feel right now.

Rock on, Mustang Man

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2021, 06:10:48 AM »
Dang lotta guitar players on here. I got my first guitar when I was ten, played obsessively (bass too) until I was about twenty-six, my interest in the last ten-twelve years tapered off as other hobbies took over. I sold my last guitar about five years ago and have not played at all since then. Yesterday I bought a used beginner's guitar- a Squier Hardtail HSS Bullet Stratocaster in Black/Metallic Gray. $100 shipped from Guitar Center should be here next week, comes with a free gig bag. I'm so excited- playing guitar, like skating is something that takes me back to childhood and just that fun feeling of being young. Shopping for straps, picks, slides, capos, pedals, just the little guitar accessories is so nostalgic for me and looking for the perfect amp is going to be a project until I find my dream tone. Gonna buy a bass, PA system and drums eventually too. The new Vans video got me hyped on playing rock again, guitar music is coming back baby! So psyched on this axe

Wow, I'm not a strat guy, but that's pretty dope. Especially for only $100. Looks way nicer than the shitty $100 epiphone I started with.

I bought one of these last week. Sounds great with both my guitars, the P90s sound so mean with it. They're only like $80 new too, which is pretty cheap compared to a lot of other pedals. Give one a shot if you're looking for a solid overdrive.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2021, 07:27:22 AM »
That pair of Mustangs looks great! I don't think I've seen a Mustang with a trem nor a 'stang with p90s before. But, then again, I don't see many Mustangs in general.

I ordered myself a new rice cooker, a fancy hi-tech induction heating one with a ceramic bowl. The Zojirushi I wanted are not available in Europe and importing it myself from Japan would've cost WAY too much money and I would've had to deal with a power converter and all types of nonsense, it didn't make sense. So I bought one from some Dutch company called Yum Asia, haha. I hope it doesn't suck.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2021, 04:33:17 PM »
Ordered a pair of glasses online, which kind of looked like women’s glasses, but I thought “hey, I’ve got a beard, maybe they won’t look so much like women’s glasses once they’re on my face”… they definitely still look like women’s glasses on my face.  The website has a great exchange policy, but they’re isn’t a single other pair in my size I’d want to wear.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2021, 06:06:08 PM »
Ordered a pair of glasses online, which kind of looked like women’s glasses, but I thought “hey, I’ve got a beard, maybe they won’t look so much like women’s glasses once they’re on my face”… they definitely still look like women’s glasses on my face.  The website has a great exchange policy, but they’re isn’t a single other pair in my size I’d want to wear.

Holidays are right around the corner. Get a pair to give as a gift.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2021, 06:00:53 PM »
i just took delivery of one of these EcoZoom Versa rocket stoves this evening, and damn is it a sturdy little fucker...i can't wait to start experimenting with it.

this couple's channel is fun to watch, and this "cook off" gives a good picture of it...

chuckles

• Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2021, 06:38:52 PM »
Gas and a new iphone charger.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2021, 12:15:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Dang lotta guitar players on here. I got my first guitar when I was ten, played obsessively (bass too) until I was about twenty-six, my interest in the last ten-twelve years tapered off as other hobbies took over. I sold my last guitar about five years ago and have not played at all since then. Yesterday I bought a used beginner's guitar- a Squier Hardtail HSS Bullet Stratocaster in Black/Metallic Gray. $100 shipped from Guitar Center should be here next week, comes with a free gig bag. I'm so excited- playing guitar, like skating is something that takes me back to childhood and just that fun feeling of being young. Shopping for straps, picks, slides, capos, pedals, just the little guitar accessories is so nostalgic for me and looking for the perfect amp is going to be a project until I find my dream tone. Gonna buy a bass, PA system and drums eventually too. The new Vans video got me hyped on playing rock again, guitar music is coming back baby! So psyched on this axe

[close]
Update: Guitar Center cancelled my order on Tuesday because someone had already bought the black Strat in-store just before I purchased it online. For $1 more they are sending me the same guitar in Midnight Blue with a white pickguard. No mention if it has the same configuration of pickups, I'm really hoping it has a humbucker in the bridge slot but if not I will probably keep it anyway. Can't beat the price and I was already planning to buy another guitar with twin double-coils somewhere down the road eventually. Curious about the specs of the blue Strat, I guess I'm in for some surprises when it gets here

It’s likely to be the one below. You may get one with three single coils. Congrats either way.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2021, 04:33:11 PM »
^guitar gang  8)

Last thing I spent money on was a shitty poutine from my school cafeteria
Last object I bought was a basic Korg tuner/metronome

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2021, 09:02:46 PM »

I'm frickin bumming though. -125 bucks. I'm under pressure to finish recording so I took the hit. Now I just got to keep it safe from my brother.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #322 on: October 26, 2021, 08:43:54 AM »
a board

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: October 26, 2021, 07:07:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Update: Guitar Center cancelled my order on Tuesday because someone had already bought the black Strat in-store just before I purchased it online. For $1 more they are sending me the same guitar in Midnight Blue with a white pickguard. No mention if it has the same configuration of pickups, I'm really hoping it has a humbucker in the bridge slot but if not I will probably keep it anyway. Can't beat the price and I was already planning to buy another guitar with twin double-coils somewhere down the road eventually. Curious about the specs of the blue Strat, I guess I'm in for some surprises when it gets here
[close]

It’s likely to be the one below. You may get one with three single coils. Congrats either way.

[close]

Close but not quite the same. The guitar I received today is a hardtail, meaning no tremelo and it has three single coil pickups like a classic Strat, and the finish is more of a dark navy or a blue-black rather than a deep royal. I'm going to keep it and I've got my eye on an Epiphone Les Paul with twin humbuckers for my next piece when I want a punchier, heavier sound for playing harder rock and metal. The blue Bullet Strat is super playable with a thin, smooth neck and fretboard with low string action, and a lightweight, ergonomically contoured body. Really happy with my purchase even though it turned out to be not exactly what I thought I was getting. Next purchase will be a practice amp or a cheap bass

I'd stay away from the super cheap $100 Epiphone LP guitars. I had the p90 one and the pickups were really terrible.

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #324 on: October 28, 2021, 05:40:49 AM »
Finally pulled the trigger on joining Gifted Hater’s Patreon

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #325 on: October 28, 2021, 05:57:53 AM »
See the watches thread… other than that all of the my money is being poured into our new house that is currently being built!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #326 on: October 31, 2021, 04:12:54 PM »
dollar store. chips a drink etc

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: October 31, 2021, 07:01:37 PM »
dollar store. chips a drink etc

Congrats. Which franchise did you decide to purchase?

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #328 on: October 31, 2021, 07:29:27 PM »
Snow tires and coffee beans.

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!