Author Topic: Cult of the Huffer  (Read 42305 times)

360halfcab (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
Re: Cult of the Huffer
« Reply #660 on: March 09, 2024, 11:17:24 AM »
I have three on ice and one set up but for some dumb reason I am riding other shapes that I am not really into....

Every time I skate, I think the Huffer would be way better for what I am trying to do...

Anyway, yes they do work as cruisers... I'd recommend 8.5" Ace trucks with wide wheels. Fun.

pops

• Rep: 218
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #661 on: March 09, 2024, 11:26:35 AM »
I have three on ice and one set up but for some dumb reason I am riding other shapes that I am not really into....

Every time I skate, I think the Huffer would be way better for what I am trying to do...

Anyway, yes they do work as cruisers... I'd recommend 8.5" Ace trucks with wide wheels. Fun.

I have to try that. I have a spare set of Af1 55s I dont know what to do with them so I'll use them on my Huffer.  :)

bombsaway86

• Rep: 152
« Reply #662 on: March 09, 2024, 06:23:02 PM »
Still have that white eagle huffer in pretty good condition. I think it's too long for me to skate anything but transition but would it work as cruiser?  ???

My current cruiser is a huffer on Indy 159s with OJ super juices. Not sure why, but the huffer makes it easier to do powerslides versus other decks. I had 149s with super juices at one point, it felt better than the 159s and the wheels didn’t hotrod

Daydream

• Rep: 64
« Reply #663 on: March 09, 2024, 10:25:37 PM »
I wanna try one. If someone wants to ship a used slightly ridden one I’m down

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #664 on: March 14, 2024, 09:41:18 AM »
FYI Huffer fans. It doesn't look like any Huffers coming at least through the Summer Drops, so if you need one, get the ones that are out there now.

had to go out and grab after hearing this. The kid at the shop said "ayyyyy dang the RUMPLESTILTSKIN deck??? Damn that ones sick" we are truly failing the youth....

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #665 on: March 14, 2024, 03:59:45 PM »
Fuck yeah @BartHarleyJarvis

I should look for one of those! Where did you score it from?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #666 on: March 14, 2024, 04:20:29 PM »
Fuck yeah @BartHarleyJarvis

I should look for one of those! Where did you score it from?

Zumiez :/

it caught my eye when cruising the mall a while back, I was hoping to score one from a local shop but....

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #667 on: March 14, 2024, 08:42:07 PM »
Yeah looks like Zumiez is the only online source left for the GrimpleHuffer.... I might cave...

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #668 on: March 14, 2024, 08:45:41 PM »
Yeah looks like Zumiez is the only online source left for the GrimpleHuffer.... I might cave...

Graphic is so good I don’t even want to skate it…. But I’m going to skate it

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #669 on: March 14, 2024, 08:48:19 PM »
I might just to do a Spring Sacrifice to Ishtar by unloading some decks on some kids so I can justify full time Huffin' again.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #670 on: March 21, 2024, 09:14:11 AM »
Damnit @BartHarleyJarvis You inspired me to order from the big Z. only place i could find the grimple Huffer...

...but after the Cult's Campaign for Cardiel on Grimple, I couldn't let this one slip...

arriving tomorrow.

so so tired of popsicles.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #671 on: March 21, 2024, 09:53:58 AM »
So the Player 8.75 "egg" is a Huffer. Egg nose but tail is almost square.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #672 on: March 21, 2024, 10:17:03 AM »
So the Player 8.75 "egg" is a Huffer. Egg nose but tail is almost square.

haven't seen one in person but to me it looks like the wide point is up front. the huffer almost looks wider out the back. also the huffer has a pointier nose.

some have tried but none have succeed in replication. closest would be black label.

pops

« Reply #673 on: March 21, 2024, 10:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Still have that white eagle huffer in pretty good condition. I think it's too long for me to skate anything but transition but would it work as cruiser?  ???
[close]

My current cruiser is a huffer on Indy 159s with OJ super juices. Not sure why, but the huffer makes it easier to do powerslides versus other decks. I had 149s with super juices at one point, it felt better than the 159s and the wheels didn’t hotrod

My white eagle huffer is back in action. It will work as cruiser / hill bombing setup for now. Put my Af1 60s and Dragons on it.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #674 on: March 22, 2024, 01:02:09 AM »

Seeing as I was looking at shapes and comparing top view pics, here is their recent huffer for comparison, especially the big round tail, compared to the very pointy nose.

Most of the Heroin and other eggs are more the other way round with big round noses and small pointy tails, one guy even setting up the Huffer with the eagle graphic with the nose as the tail and he was weirded out by it saying they messed up, but when I showed him how it usually goes, he switched it around and was happier, although still a little bit mystified at the shape of the board.

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/cardiel-carnales-918-huffer-shape-skateboard-deck

https://www.tactics.com/a/f03a/1b/anti-hero-cardiel-carnales-918-huffer-shape-skateboard-deck-top.webp

SPECS
SIZE   9.18
FRONT WIDTH (IN):   8.875
CENTER WIDTH (IN):   9.18
BACK WIDTH (IN):   8.875
LENGTH (IN):   32.62
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.8
NOSE (IN):   6.9
TAIL (IN):   6.625

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #675 on: March 22, 2024, 04:33:24 AM »
Damnit @BartHarleyJarvis You inspired me to order from the big Z. only place i could find the grimple Huffer...

...but after the Cult's Campaign for Cardiel on Grimple, I couldn't let this one slip...

arriving tomorrow.

so so tired of popsicles.

We can ride in shame, together, with big smiles on our faces.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #676 on: March 23, 2024, 12:12:06 AM »

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #677 on: March 23, 2024, 12:35:46 AM »
The 14.75 WB gave me the confidence to set up another board but damn. Maybe I just need a new Huffer or 3.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Barack Hussein

• Rep: -4
« Reply #678 on: March 23, 2024, 09:42:27 AM »
I know theres been some talk about it already -- anyone have any insights on what wheels they diggin most for huffers?

I'm currently on some 56 Radial Fulls 97a and they're sick for cruising my neighbohood crustiez, but I was at a super worn in spot the other day, and I was having the hardest time locking in on grinds with them. I guess my 8.75 aces are grinded down too but I felt like I was just on all wheel where I shoulda been grinding.

I also haven't ridden wheels under 56 in at least 8 years... am I missing anything good there for huffin?

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #679 on: March 23, 2024, 10:27:11 AM »
Seems to me the hot new craze of soft wheels that slide is going to lead to  huffing good time.

If you can put Dragons on a Huff, I won't complain. I just put some 97 X formulas on one and now I have a tinkling sensation in my bum.

But.

Hold that thought as 93a F4s drop on April 1st but not before noon.

Creachteach

• Rep: 110
« Reply #680 on: March 27, 2024, 01:00:50 AM »
I’m curious about your huffer setups.
I haven’t got one yet, because I’m lacking in skill to simply break my current boards.

I have the stuff to make Indy159 and 169 in either cast or forged height. And I have 54 and 56mm wheels on hand.

Does anyone ride thunder 151/161 or venture 6.1s with risers?
Could probably pull off 6.1s without risers and 53/54mm wheels.

Do you guys prefer a slight magic carpet on these, or hot rodding slightly with 9/9.125” trucks?
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

pops

« Reply #681 on: March 27, 2024, 02:51:43 AM »
I know theres been some talk about it already -- anyone have any insights on what wheels they diggin most for huffers?

I'm currently on some 56 Radial Fulls 97a and they're sick for cruising my neighbohood crustiez, but I was at a super worn in spot the other day, and I was having the hardest time locking in on grinds with them. I guess my 8.75 aces are grinded down too but I felt like I was just on all wheel where I shoulda been grinding.

I also haven't ridden wheels under 56 in at least 8 years... am I missing anything good there for huffin?

My experience was that Huffer and big wheels didnt work at all for anything except cruising but for that I would go soft and slightly bigger than what I normally skate.

Creachteach

• Rep: 110
« Reply #682 on: March 27, 2024, 05:59:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My experience was that Huffer and big wheels didnt work at all for anything except cruising but for that I would go soft and slightly bigger than what I normally skate.

How about truck height? I’m afraid to go lower than 54-55mm in wheels because we have pretty massive coping at our indoors.

I’ll mostly be bailing 180 no complies, and attempting to carve the 6’ bowl and falling on the 3’ mini ramp.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

pops

« Reply #683 on: March 27, 2024, 06:23:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How about truck height? I’m afraid to go lower than 54-55mm in wheels because we have pretty massive coping at our indoors.

I’ll mostly be bailing 180 no complies, and attempting to carve the 6’ bowl and falling on the 3’ mini ramp.

I ride Aces with 1/8 risers so truck height is about 55-56mm. Wheels usually 54 to 56mm, sometimes I go up to 60mm but depends much what else Im riding.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #684 on: March 27, 2024, 08:41:56 AM »
I’m curious about your huffer setups.
I haven’t got one yet, because I’m lacking in skill to simply break my current boards.

I have the stuff to make Indy159 and 169 in either cast or forged height. And I have 54 and 56mm wheels on hand.

Does anyone ride thunder 151/161 or venture 6.1s with risers?
Could probably pull off 6.1s without risers and 53/54mm wheels.

Do you guys prefer a slight magic carpet on these, or hot rodding slightly with 9/9.125” trucks?

I've used 8.5" to 9" axles.I think 8.75" axles (so Af1 60, 159, 151, 6.1 etc)  fit the best and I usually use AF1 60s but there is something magic about Ace Classic 55s on a Huffer that I need to tap back into soon.

Wheels, I've ridden 49mm (really fun for a BPSW era times) up to 60mm. Anything over 54 and I almost always use an 1/8" riser. My go to wheel sizes for the Huffer are 54 to 56mm but def like a Classic 58mm for bigger bowls- works great.  If I was going to ride a vert ramp, I'd go Thunder 161 with 58mm classic whees for sure. But that would be the only time I'd ride trucks bigger than 9" on a Huffer. I don't like Hot rodding the Huff too much.

My current Huffers: 1) All purpose Huffer with AF1 60s, worn down 55mm locking F4s  and 2) big transition  Huffer, Ace Classic 55s and 58mm Classic F4s. Both set ups have 1/8" risers.

Next up is my Hillbomb TechSlide Huffer... Thunder 181s and some Spitfire 93a Radial 58mms.

pops

« Reply #685 on: Today at 08:41:51 AM »
Huffin around and having lots of fun. Fun camouflage effect with the griptape and asphalt.