Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 48746 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #750 on: December 02, 2021, 11:26:12 PM »
Sick! Thatís what I wanna hear. Ventures are hella stable but once you wanna make them turn you gotta loose them up a lot, so they become wobbly and not so stable anymore. With my previous Indyís I could ride tighter trucks and still turn a lot, it didnít require a lot of lean to carve around so that to me made them really stable! I expect something on that vein from the Lurpivs.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 5
« Reply #751 on: December 03, 2021, 01:53:26 AM »
He's a good skateboarder. But he also measured the weight of a 9" truck against the weight of an 8.5" truck. There again, we do live in a post-science world...

This was the worst part IMO.  Acting impressed that the Lurpiv 149s were lighter than the Indy 159s, no shit...

ZD used to make good videos, but since he became a more regular, vlog style Youtuber, the quality has seriously diminished.  A shame really as he was one of the few transition-focused Youtubers.

People on the previous page are picking his language apart, my least favourite thing he says is "you guyses opinion". Just say "you guys' opinion", jesus.
Lifeís too short to be on some nerd shit

smoothbrain

• Rep: 24
« Reply #752 on: December 03, 2021, 07:03:59 AM »
Feedback Ted seems to back them and that's all I need to know

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #753 on: December 03, 2021, 07:19:38 AM »
Buddy offered to sell me his for $75, so I think Iím joining the Lurpiv gang

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #754 on: December 03, 2021, 08:03:32 AM »
had session number two yesterday, and first session not on just curbs. The turning is pretty deep but with a weird amount of stability. you can feel like you're maxed out turning then lean a little harder and all of a sudden youre turning even more. which seems like its been feeling more stable than ace but also capable of turning like ace.  The grinds are fast and i dont think ive gotten kingpin drag on anything yet. theyre also like noticeably lighter than anything ive felt in a while. Overall im a huge fan so far.

also another useless note: the aluminum makes my skateboard sound much much different, everything is much higher pitched than with any other truck ive used. almost like having a hard cored wheel or something
It's only your local kook jock surfers who rag on bodyboarders, everyone else knows they charge.

superleftswipebby

« Reply #755 on: December 03, 2021, 09:03:01 AM »
anyone in canada purchase a set? customs fees?

Salmon Agah

• Rep: 10
« Reply #756 on: December 03, 2021, 09:20:19 AM »
Would recommend going super fast into a couple of 50-50s. Feels like ice past a certain speed, and I'm here for it.

palelight

• Rep: 125
« Reply #757 on: December 03, 2021, 09:41:59 AM »
anyone in canada purchase a set? customs fees?

No customs fees on my end. When they shipped out UPS I was worried that I'd end up paying the cost of trucks in brokerage nonsense, I usually get raked through the coals by UPS. But nope, no hassle.

superleftswipebby

« Reply #758 on: December 03, 2021, 01:09:16 PM »
thanks dawg. i got these loaded on my cart. contemplating on whether itís worth it to blow almost $150 on a set of trucks

IpathCats

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -148
« Reply #759 on: December 03, 2021, 03:40:52 PM »
Feedback Ted seems to back them and that's all I need to know

Even though he likes them, I swear they're good.
.....Nah

intendedreceivers

• Rep: -1
« Reply #760 on: December 03, 2021, 08:45:22 PM »
I snagged a pair of 139s.

Casting/machining quality seems very nice overall (still some metal shavings on the baseplate lol).

Only QC issues are the axles and nuts. One or two of the axles are pressed in too far so the ďbuilt-in speed washerĒ isnít exposed to act as a washer. The nuts, are they just not crimped on top to hold the nylon in? They went on fine, but I would recommend replacing them if you take them off to switch wheels. That nylon wonít stay in there long.

Can confirm both the nuts and the kingpin bolt are a precise 13mm. SAE skate wrenches do not work well.

Baseplate thickness was fine with my 7/8 in. hardware (I didnít measure my bolts to make sure theyíre accurate).

Definitely heavier than my 139 Indy titaniums, but not bothersome in any way (at least to me).

Bushings are matte finish med/soft white urethane (kinda like the aftermarket Tensor bushings, but not quite as soft).

I have no idea how tight these are, to be honest. Iíd say factory tightness + 1/3 of a turn in my case, but who knows if mine came the same way as anyone elseís. I think there are about 5-6 threads exposed under the baseplate nut (came with 4-5 exposed threads?).

First step on the board, I thought they felt tight because the ride was so stable, but then I leaned into a turn and wow, itís pretty remarkable what they were able to do balancing the turn and stability here. Very deep, carvy action, but not wobbly or floppy at all. First impression is itís a great truck. Excited to ride these more.

Only design downside is that inverted kingpin trucks are a bit of a pain if you like to experiment with bushings, but these are so nice out of the box, I donít see many people needing to tinker.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -537
« Reply #761 on: December 04, 2021, 12:36:26 AM »
Fuck sake here we go again.

I've found my perfect combo on venture lows now and I love it.

But I just can't stop myself reading these threads. I might my girl to get me a pair for Xmas

What are they like for flip tricks after people have skated them for awhile? Also is there an optional wheelbase?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

IpathCats

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #762 on: December 04, 2021, 07:14:30 AM »

But I just can't stop myself reading these threads. I might my girl to get me a pair for Xmas

What are they like for flip tricks after people have skated them for awhile? Also is there an optional wheelbase?

I really don't see you enjoying these if you're feeling good on venture lows. The height is pretty serious. My comfort zone truck is Indy titanium, and the extra 1.5mm was kinda jarring at first. I'm generally a pretty low impact street skater, lots of simple flip tricks, and these definitely took a lot of getting used to for that stuff. As someone else has said, flip tricks on these with cold legs is a fucking chore. I really have to work for them compared to my 144 titaniums, though some of that is probably due to me getting the 149s. I am really liking them after adjusting though. In short, these are an entirely different beast than venture lows, no similarities, unless you're looking for something venture isn't offering, I can't imagine you would like them.
.....Nah

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -537
« Reply #763 on: December 04, 2021, 08:32:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I really don't see you enjoying these if you're feeling good on venture lows. The height is pretty serious. My comfort zone truck is Indy titanium, and the extra 1.5mm was kinda jarring at first. I'm generally a pretty low impact street skater, lots of simple flip tricks, and these definitely took a lot of getting used to for that stuff. As someone else has said, flip tricks on these with cold legs is a fucking chore. I really have to work for them compared to my 144 titaniums, though some of that is probably due to me getting the 149s. I am really liking them after adjusting though. In short, these are an entirely different beast than venture lows, no similarities, unless you're looking for something venture isn't offering, I can't imagine you would like them.

Thanks man, you're right. I'm just so easily led by these threads lol.

You just saved me (her) 150 euro
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Ok

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #764 on: December 04, 2021, 02:07:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I also get hyped. More so on seeing Kader skate them, but yeahÖ
I have always liked putting together full tribute style setups, based off of proís and time periods Iíve been hyped on.
But I skate better on venture loís.
Iím so stoked on people I know, and then seeing pros, that skate the same stuff for long periods of time.

IpathCats

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #765 on: Today at 04:47:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lol no prob. Maybe pull the trigger if they ever make a low haha. That would look kinda sick tbh
.....Nah