Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 356219 times)

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #3090 on: June 20, 2022, 11:44:36 PM »

This isn’t the one. The extra piece I’m thinking of is a freight. Has a matching tars piece. I have it in a mag.

This is basically the style tho. The fill in is what hits me the most. It’s like in some scoobie doo colours.

It’s how it all works together. Kinda like wane cod part etc.

I like target imok.  I tfp fba. Ris aok.

I’m probably going to get back into no outline styles soon tho.

aa crew is the shit. got lost on a hike a while back and ended up coming across a wall of theirs completely randomly.

notinternetfamous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #3091 on: July 11, 2022, 02:26:38 PM »
bumping this thread due to the Ace threads getting hella love lol
as much as i enjoi riding my af1s and the fact they're especially great for mall grabbing  8)

i think i land more tricks consistently on ventures so i think i'm gonna go back to them and revisit the aces later (or skate them depending on the spot, works great for rockridge curbs)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #3092 on: July 11, 2022, 04:19:09 PM »
bumping this thread due to the Ace threads getting hella love lol
as much as i enjoi riding my af1s and the fact they're especially great for mall grabbing  8)

i think i land more tricks consistently on ventures so i think i'm gonna go back to them and revisit the aces later (or skate them depending on the spot, works great for rockridge curbs)

I skate venture 5.2 lo’s.
Love them.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3093 on: July 11, 2022, 05:02:32 PM »
Expand Quote

This isn’t the one. The extra piece I’m thinking of is a freight. Has a matching tars piece. I have it in a mag.

This is basically the style tho. The fill in is what hits me the most. It’s like in some scoobie doo colours.

[close]

aa crew is the shit. got lost on a hike a while back and ended up coming across a wall of theirs completely randomly.

Definitely some skate connections….I think he kinda got started with Colin Mckays brother Casey (Aero?), has done graphics for Skull, Menu….

I think I mentioned it, I was on ace lo’s and the pop was anemic.  I set up all my old parts to give away including my old ventures.  Was going to skate an asphalt spot and didn’t want to fuck up my new board, skated the old,one and had one of my better games of skate so I switched back to ventures….I’ve come to value the hi’s as well.  They fit an 8.25 board well. 

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
« Reply #3094 on: July 20, 2022, 05:25:58 AM »
I was overthinking which deck to put on with my venture hollow lights way too much. Was reading FA decks don’t go well with them, but they absolutely do.

8“ trucks with 8.18 deck. Skates perfect.
Will try GX 8.125 next and then decide what I like more and stick to one of them.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #3095 on: July 20, 2022, 05:30:33 AM »
I was overthinking which deck to put on with my venture hollow lights way too much. Was reading FA decks don’t go well with them, but they absolutely do.

Will try GX 8.125 next and then decide what I like more and stick to one of them.

Dude FA goes the best with Venture

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #3096 on: July 20, 2022, 06:06:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was reading different , about v hollow lights. Some people say fa is too steep for them.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #3097 on: July 20, 2022, 06:18:34 AM »
After riding Thunders the past few years, finally tried some Venture highs for the first time.  I rode Venture lows exclusively in the 90s and 2000's.  That muscle memory came right back - I'm guessing it is the heft and the extended wheelbase.  My flip tricks felt snappier and cleaner than they ever have on Thunders, like they rise and smack the bottom of my feet.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #3098 on: July 20, 2022, 01:21:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I was reading different , about v hollow lights. Some people say fa is too steep for them.

Anybody knows the weight of tve v-hollow og 5.2?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3099 on: July 20, 2022, 01:50:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Definitely some skate connections….I think he kinda got started with Colin Mckays brother Casey (Aero?), has done graphics for Skull, Menu….

I think I mentioned it, I was on ace lo’s and the pop was anemic.  I set up all my old parts to give away including my old ventures.  Was going to skate an asphalt spot and didn’t want to fuck up my new board, skated the old,one and had one of my better games of skate so I switched back to ventures….I’ve come to value the hi’s as well.  They fit an 8.25 board well.

That’s cool. I seen aero. Might have been opposite side of this kwest burner I flicked in 2012
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #3100 on: July 20, 2022, 01:53:04 PM »

been riding 5.2 lows with FA 8.18 or PS stix 8.125" for the past 3 years and it doesn't get any better for me. or at least I aint willing to mess with it anymore

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3101 on: July 20, 2022, 06:33:04 PM »
Why do Ventures get so rigid and creaky? I haven’t had a pair that hasn’t done this.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3102 on: July 20, 2022, 06:54:42 PM »
Why do Ventures get so rigid and creaky? I haven’t had a pair that hasn’t done this.

How broken in are the trucks? The bushings do take longer than most brands but even brand new I've not had them creaky, just a little stiff on the turn.

Ventures with a titanium axle and cast baseplates are the truth, opens them up to more decks with WB wider than 14.25. Decided not to be a knob and just tighten down the axle nuts instead of trying to ride them loose-y goose-y. Kickflips are feeling consistent again.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3103 on: July 20, 2022, 06:56:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How broken in are the trucks? The bushings do take longer than most brands but even brand new I've not had them creaky, just a little stiff on the turn.

Ventures with a titanium axle and cast baseplates are the truth, opens them up to more decks with WB wider than 14.25. Decided not to be a knob and just tighten down the axle nuts instead of trying to ride them loose-y goose-y. Kickflips are feeling consistent again.

I always tighten them 2-3 rotations when they’re brand new.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #3104 on: July 21, 2022, 06:46:47 AM »
Do you feel a difference if you skate 2mm bigger/smaller wheels ?

I skate 52 mm usually , but thinking about getting 54 mm. What difference does it make to you?

I skate v hollow light ventures and FA decks currently.
Modify message

notinternetfamous

« Reply #3105 on: July 21, 2022, 07:25:15 AM »
Do you feel a difference if you skate 2mm bigger/smaller wheels ?

I skate 52 mm usually , but thinking about getting 54 mm. What difference does it make to you?

I skate v hollow light ventures and FA decks currently.
Modify message
your pop timing will change and you may be more prone to wheelbite (depending on how loose you ride), but it's something you can adjust to and/or will get used to. I typically skate 52-53 mm and whenever they wear down to ~50, setting up 53 mm can be a little jarring at first, but typically i get used to the bigger wheels in like 2-3 sessions. its also nice to be able to roll over things easier and maintain speed for longer

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #3106 on: July 21, 2022, 07:39:13 AM »
Thx. I think I’ll get 53 mm too.

How long do you skate your wheels?
I mostly skate super slick park ground

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #3107 on: July 21, 2022, 08:04:57 AM »

i've blamed my pivot cups for this with the reasoning that the truck just jams in there and the stock dry plastic cup seize it.
recently did a bit of traveling to some pretty toasty places and my wax finally ran it's course and i now have the pivot noise
people have briefly mentioned riptide cups, so i'm curious if they eventually get said creaks and rigidity???

notinternetfamous

« Reply #3108 on: July 21, 2022, 09:24:05 AM »
Thx. I think I’ll get 53 mm too.

How long do you skate your wheels?
I mostly skate super slick park ground
typically 2-4 months, it varies depending on the shape. a conical full will wear down much slower than a classic

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3109 on: July 22, 2022, 09:12:42 AM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3110 on: July 22, 2022, 09:42:41 AM »
has anyone experience with these?

https://www.titus.de/venture-lenkgummis-loose-trucks-conversion-kit-90a-clear-green-0199256/

Soon for sure.

It’s time for me to cut some purps so I’m just going to cop these on Monday
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

southphillytapwater

• Rep: 32
« Reply #3111 on: July 22, 2022, 05:51:18 PM »

https://www.titus.de/venture-lenkgummis-loose-trucks-conversion-kit-90a-clear-green-0199256/
I have them with a bones flat washer and I love how they feel. With the bolt flush with the kingpin, they're wobbly loose. But you can tighten them down to your preference. I have mine at a pretty medium looseness and they're still far looser than you can get with the stock bushings.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #3112 on: July 22, 2022, 05:56:25 PM »

If you want a floppy-feeling Venture Lo, these are the ticket. Personally, I think you need to crank them down too far for them to work right on a Venture Hi. The greens just make them very loose.

I prefer the clear Deluxe 88s or the white Riptide 87s in the Hi model.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3113 on: July 23, 2022, 04:24:22 AM »

They work well on two fronts:

1.  For those who want a much looser truck, even just a bit more loose than what can be achieved with the normal top bushing, or tighten down to where they work for you.

2.  For those who have grinded down the hanger to the point where the kingpin is sitting too high and they need a lower top bushing to keep a nut on.

For both of these options, put them on and tighten the kingpin nut down to where you need them and gently angle grind or machine off the top of the kingpin to suit the height of the new arrangement, if you don't like kingpin sitting up.  It works well and adds a lot more clearance on any kingpin from any brand of truck.  I could still get the nut on and off easily after doing this, but just be careful in doing it and don't over heat the kingpin in the process as it can cook the bushings.

*  I could have said 3.  For those who really just want green bushings, which is a valid point, but that doesn't really come into it here and now.

I have a supply of the Indy bushings with low heads, which do the same job and have used them for a long time in a lot of trucks, never having an issue with them or where the kingpin sits, but definitely have used an angle grinder on a lot of kingpins to make them work better in all situations.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3114 on: July 28, 2022, 02:48:30 PM »
What other bushings besides supercush work well in ventures? I don’t like the bones ones.

I can’t find any supercush ones in the UK at the moment.

notinternetfamous

« Reply #3115 on: July 28, 2022, 03:56:11 PM »
What other bushings besides supercush work well in ventures? I don’t like the bones ones.

Indy aftermarket bushings with the barrel bottoms should work just fine. Get your desired duro, but avoid the red ones as many Slappers have said they feel way harder than advertised.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #3116 on: July 29, 2022, 01:34:10 AM »
I'm looking for lows. This shop is the only one that has them I stock in my city

It doesn't specify if they are high or low in the shop listing though. I've also asked the shop twice with no reply.

Anyway to tell if they're high or low ?

https://www.tacticsurf.es/skateboard/ejes-skate/ejes-skate-venture-v-hollow-all-pol-5-25?sort=pd.name&order=AS
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3117 on: July 29, 2022, 04:21:09 AM »
I'm looking for lows. This shop is the only one that has them I stock in my city

It doesn't specify if they are high or low in the shop listing though. I've also asked the shop twice with no reply.

https://www.tacticsurf.es/skateboard/ejes-skate/ejes-skate-venture-v-hollow-all-pol-5-25?sort=pd.name&order=AS

Most shops will not list anything other than width if they are regular height or normal trucks, so those would be the normal trucks.  They usually specify if they are low nowdays.

I really don't recall seeing many around, but I guess there are always some places like Titus that have some of the 5.2 polished hollow Ventures in stock, other shops maybe not the hollow version though.

When I put in "Venture low" in the search for that place those were the only ones that came up, just "Venture" brought up all the rest, so they could actually be the low ones.  Pic looks like the low ones, but who knows.

***** Also on one other listing, price is per single truck, so is that super expensive then for those ones?

Shop listings:

https://www.titus-shop.com/en/venture-truck-5.2-low-v-hollow-all-polished-0121419/?gtp=s

https://www.titus-shop.com/en/venture-truck-5.2-low-all-polished-0120978/

https://www.paradeworld.com/uk/products/venture-52-low-v-light-all-polished-trucks-pair-3-4471912235078/

https://www.routeone.co.uk/products/venture-v-hollow-5-2-low-skateboard-trucks

https://venturetrucks.net/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #3118 on: July 29, 2022, 09:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Most shops will not list anything other than width if they are regular height or normal trucks, so those would be the normal trucks.  They usually specify if they are low nowdays.

I really don't recall seeing many around, but I guess there are always some places like Titus that have some of the 5.2 polished hollow Ventures in stock, other shops maybe not the hollow version though.

When I put in "Venture low" in the search for that place those were the only ones that came up, just "Venture" brought up all the rest, so they could actually be the low ones.  Pic looks like the low ones, but who knows.

***** Also on one other listing, price is per single truck, so is that super expensive then for those ones?

Shop listings:

https://www.titus-shop.com/en/venture-truck-5.2-low-v-hollow-all-polished-0121419/?gtp=s

https://www.titus-shop.com/en/venture-truck-5.2-low-all-polished-0120978/

https://www.paradeworld.com/uk/products/venture-52-low-v-light-all-polished-trucks-pair-3-4471912235078/

https://www.routeone.co.uk/products/venture-v-hollow-5-2-low-skateboard-trucks

https://venturetrucks.net/

I've come to find the lows have red bushings and the high purple. But of course the listing doesn't show the bushings lol
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3119 on: July 29, 2022, 10:06:46 AM »

ACE [classic] Lows (yes lows, I was surprised the bottom bushing didn't throw anything off).