Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 356247 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #3180 on: August 16, 2022, 03:27:28 AM »
I've heard that the hole on the baseplate is hexagonal shaped but most online shops don't post pics of the base. I want to get it so I can switch out the kingpin for the reverse krux ones.  So how can you tell if the truck has the hexagon shaped hole.

Besides going in to shops and upending some to check, the only other way is to message or call the shops and ask them individually to have a look at their stock.

I know this was the case with Thunder, so the newer Thunder team trucks I have definitely have the hex pattern under the baseplate, as of mid last year maybe, but I hadn't heard it happening with Venture yet.  Of course I don't hear that much, so if they have done it with new Ventures, all good.

The only other thing to note is some shops might be sitting on old stock (which of course would not have the new baseplate option) so you would need to ask someone who either has a good turn over of stock, or just got a new drop in, maybe if they have the most recent colourway or pro truck, I think they would me much more likely to have that new modification than any other versions.

Edit:

These guys have bottom pics.

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/venture-trucks-m74

No hex baseplate option on any of those that I could see, but they don't look like super new stock either.

Example:

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-trucks-c18/lucien-clarke-pro-editions-5-2-skateboard-trucks-8-0-p59786

Second edit:

I found this post with the Thunder hex baseplate, from Jan 2021 but as per the sticker on it, actually from Nov 2020, which is further back than I remember, but any which way, there still doesn't seem to be any official release with the hex / inverted option yet.  Might be a while off, or just round the corner.  Who knows.

i saw these baseplates with a shorter king pin.. the bottom of the kingpin is flush with the base plate...thunder will probably release a kingpin soon

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 03:53:49 AM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3181 on: August 16, 2022, 03:33:54 AM »

When I was looking through Venture pics, I noticed that there is a new truck out with the most valued "OG green bushing" look, normal stock versions.

Might not be for everyone, but they are a fairly simple looking truck so wouldn't be too bad to get, just to have those green bushings.

Available in 5.25 and 5.8 here.

Checking the Venture site, they look a lot lighter, almost yellow green in the catalog pic.

https://venturetrucks.net/summer-2022/

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Venture_Del_Campo_Pro_Trucks/descpage-VTDCPTR.html

Click for bigger images:

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #3182 on: August 16, 2022, 07:39:35 PM »
any of you flat washer runners want to sell me your stock washers  8)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3183 on: August 16, 2022, 08:45:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I suppose this isn't specific to Venture but.

It the end of your axle and nut don't sit flush like here

How to you prevent your axle end getting blunted?

I won't be able to change these wheels soon

[close]

Pad the axle (outside side) with some extra washers
[close]

I always use thicker nuts and loctite to all nuts(KP/axel/deck) on the skateboard, loctite is essential to the thicker nuts, cuz the thread won't reach to the nylon lock.

no more rethreading problem or lost a nut in the middle of the session(still bringing normal nut as a spare)

and does anyone has top bushing chewed up issue?
i skate 5.2low nut flush and weight 65kg, had to swap stock washer with bones flat ones, it works fine, and more turny.

[close]

I quickly destroyed the top bushing using stock washers then tried using a bones flat washer on new venture bushings thinking that was the issue and somehow still quickly destroyed the top bushing in those too. Not even too cranked down either had front truck flush and back 1 thread showing. Went back to bones hards and they’ve lasted awhile with zero issues plus turn is slightly better with the conical bottom

im at like 3/10 bogus individual bogus bushings since 2016.
Evan Smith (pals) hooked up a set of purps and ive had two other sets work out i think.
 i test all new sets to see if they belong on ice or in the trash. i then put my favorites purps. i hope to get green lows someday but whatever.

i bet all those trucks with bogus ones are from before 2017 and might be old old stock?  i feel like that was the year the comeback began to snowball into venture2020. bet we don't see it much more. i am optimistic. i got green super crush on ice for when i finally make it to la again and sf for the first time.

gotta firm up the trucks for those hills. i need to be all green when i land at lax.
green top green risers green bushings and a vest with a stud count of 1500.

going to be sliding down those hills leaving patches of studded denim and my leather under coat.

uber ponk. im going to talk to ever skater i see. make friend with everyone. maybe get a recovery job in the bay area look for a section 8 transfer and try to work off it.

whouldnt that be the frickin beez knees. i wanna finish my life going 35mph down a hill when im 103 after playing a show at a ponk haus.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

notinternetfamous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #3184 on: August 17, 2022, 03:03:44 PM »

From the recent Venture drop. These look pretty cool. Note that the pair Bobby has/rides is the standard cast whereas the ones available to purchase are V-lights

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3185 on: August 17, 2022, 03:53:57 PM »
All truck companies except Royal seem to do that for their pro trucks. Usually its because they can give the rider more revenue. I like that Thunder lets the riders pick and its usually the truck they actually ride.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3186 on: August 17, 2022, 07:48:25 PM »

From the recent Venture drop. These look pretty cool. Note that the pair Bobby has/rides is the standard cast whereas the ones available to purchase are V-lights

All this and still no 5.6 Low, SMH
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #3187 on: August 17, 2022, 09:00:22 PM »
Maybe we’ll have to settle for a mid….

bryan

• Rep: 26
« Reply #3188 on: August 19, 2022, 06:17:28 AM »

I feel like this is why koston drilled his baseplates back, wide mid/hi truck height but low truck pop.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3189 on: August 19, 2022, 11:10:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel like this is why koston drilled his baseplates back, wide mid/hi truck height but low truck pop.

anyone know what shape he rides? he might be on a 14.25 wb so he redrilled.
(A)pl(E)

bryan

• Rep: 26
« Reply #3190 on: August 19, 2022, 02:54:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Anything is possible. On indy, they released the now defunct indy lows as his signature truck. If Ace can do it, surely they can put out venture low 5.6-6.1.

Redrilled baseplates aren't the worst idea (thunder once put out bottom bushings sliced x 4 to change the bottom bushing height; 4=norm, 3=low), long axle wb + low and short axle wb + hi could be a similar pop to thunder or ace at 53.5 but worse turn + less wbite.

When venture went from street corner to deluxe they also changed the baseplate holes. Street corner = Deluxe cast height + forged hole position.

here's the best pic i seen of the redrill, except on a 9" egg with a <14" wb.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1154/7998/products/Kostonstreetlog1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1657223387

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #3191 on: August 19, 2022, 03:36:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The G027 was his shape.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #3192 on: August 19, 2022, 07:22:21 PM »
The pop angle is too damn steep on ventures. How do you do it?

GT

• Rep: -15
« Reply #3193 on: August 19, 2022, 07:47:26 PM »

Fingers of flat, mellow kicks, venture lows....

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3194 on: August 19, 2022, 11:07:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fingers of flat, mellow kicks, venture lows....

Short wheelbase decks, 14.25 is the absolute limit.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3195 on: August 19, 2022, 11:29:49 PM »
Pop off the pockets….

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3196 on: August 19, 2022, 11:35:49 PM »
Pop off the pockets….

i mean thats like the best advice you can give someone in skating. i rarely use the tip of my tail for tricks. i usualy pop heel side pocket so i can get the board flipping right in front of me. unless bs flip then its the opposite.
(A)pl(E)

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3197 on: August 20, 2022, 10:31:02 AM »
Heard a little rumor that venture might adjust where their baseplate holes are drilled to make installation easier and bring in the WB a bit. Essentially sliding them up. Not 100% sure on the validity or when it would be though.

If this actually happened, I'd switch to Venture permanently. Venture would work on way more boards for me if the WB was brought in a bit.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3198 on: August 20, 2022, 03:29:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Pop off the pockets….
[close]

i mean thats like the best advice you can give someone in skating. i rarely use the tip of my tail for tricks. i usualy pop heel side pocket so i can get the board flipping right in front of me. unless bs flip then its the opposite.

I actually more so meant pop off your pocket and your pocket is now closer to your bolts…,

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #3199 on: August 21, 2022, 06:05:47 PM »
I always pop deep down on switch and nollie. It takes too long to hit the nose and it makes me sad.

I have a whole bunch of other trucks so I'm good, I just wish I could nollie flip my ventures.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3200 on: August 21, 2022, 09:21:03 PM »
I'm confused why can't you nollie flip them?

SwitchBigspinflipBoneless

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3201 on: August 21, 2022, 10:50:59 PM »
I'm skating Venture Lights 5.6 Hi, and recently my front truck has been loosening by itself every session.

Will go from perfect tightness to so loose can unscrew it by hand over an hour or two.  Have to keep tightening it up through the session and it's really throwing me off.

Anyone had this issue before & know a fix?  Theyre not heavily used so not sure why this is happening

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3202 on: August 22, 2022, 01:01:35 AM »
I'm skating Venture Lights 5.6 Hi, and recently my front truck has been loosening by itself every session.

Will go from perfect tightness to so loose can unscrew it by hand over an hour or two.  Have to keep tightening it up through the session and it's really throwing me off.

Anyone had this issue before & know a fix?  Theyre not heavily used so not sure why this is happening

Try a new nut? If it doesn’t work try some thread lock (Loctite or other).

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #3203 on: August 22, 2022, 08:09:14 AM »
I'm confused why can't you nollie flip them?
The steeper pop angle.
I can do it, it's just doesn't feel nice.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3204 on: August 22, 2022, 10:28:47 AM »
Makes sense, that's why I gave up on Venture. Just prefer a shallower pop angle but not a mellow deck.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3205 on: August 22, 2022, 07:38:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Try a new nut? If it doesn’t work try some thread lock (Loctite or other).

How are the bushings on the trucks? Mine were pretty mashed and torn, kept loosening throughout the session or when I was riding over rough ground I could hear them rattle loose. Swapped to fresh bushings from another pair of Ventures and stuck a new axle nut on top, right as rain.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3206 on: August 23, 2022, 07:41:11 AM »
Can someone give me some feedback on the titaniums? I ride 8.18-8.25.  Looking for ways to get a bit more snap. 

Currently ride 5.6 with 54mm Spitfire LL.

8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #3207 on: August 23, 2022, 09:38:14 AM »
Can someone give me some feedback on the titaniums? I ride 8.18-8.25.  Looking for ways to get a bit more snap. 

Currently ride 5.6 with 54mm Spitfire LL.
mind explaining what you mean about more snap? like do you want the tail to hit the ground quicker?

the forged plates that come with the hollow options & titanium will make your setup lower and you'll get a more quicker "responsive" snap. i'm currently running Ti hanger on cast plates and i've been enjoying that. I personally like the height of cast plates, but I didn't have any major complaints with the forged plates. another thing to keep in mind is that forged plates will extend your wb and make your tail feel shorter, but I guess that's counteracted by the lower height. so pop feel shouldn't feel too different theoretically lol

if you want more pop, I don't think changing your trucks to a lighter model will grant you that tbh or is worth the trouble of breaking in new trucks, etc.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3208 on: August 23, 2022, 04:51:30 PM »
Thanks man. Good thorough response.  It sounds like I didn’t do enough research. Sounds like the Ti’s are only available in the Low” model.  Not in the 5.6.   I like everything about the 5.6.  I ride my trucks really loose.  I feel like the 5.6 help accomplish this level of looseness.  I run a bones medium lower bushing with the standard purple venture too bushing. Only the thin washer up top. 

I realized since I went looser on the trucks I get less ankle injuries.  Not sure if there is correlation between the two.  Maybe it’s all mental.  But isn’t it all?

I thought maybe the material or marginal weight savings might provide more responsiveness / snap when popping etc. sounds like that’s not the case.

Would be a fun study to have Ti’s, on a impact light or Girl Pop secret board.  Be fun to try. 

Thanks for the feedback. 
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3209 on: August 23, 2022, 05:44:05 PM »
I went from the lites to hollows, no difference…..I’d maybe look at the kicks…what board are you skating?