Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 194525 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #3300 on: September 17, 2022, 06:36:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fucking venture needs a mag again. That would be game over for all other brands I believe.
[close]

Yeah a new Venture magnesium truck would be pretty great, I don’t think there’s another truck company out there that manufactures them right now other than Tensor
[close]

I'd ride a thunder mag.
[close]

I’d ride a Venture that grinded like a Thunder…..
[close]

I can't remember if venture actually released to the market a mag truck?  Weren't they prototype?

Idk. I was riding steel g&s Indy or gullwing at the time
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Filip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -88
« Reply #3301 on: September 22, 2022, 03:35:17 PM »
As a recent born Venture guy after 18-19 years of Thunders (one set of Theeves im between, back when they first came out), I just want to keep this thread going, so sorry if Im rambling.

Anyway, a quick update on my 6.1s that I posted about earlier. I skated them for the third time today. They were already broken in from the cruiser, but no grinding.

Today was the day that it all clicked. No more ghost pop, I figured out how to sync my legs with them, and its perfect. I absolutely love the turn, with stock bushings, no need to change.

I deliberately went to the park with chunky ledges to break them in and grind the shit out of them get at least a little bit of grooves. Grinding still feels a little strange, mostly due to not having the crook grooves, which I had down to the axle on my old Thunders, but at least I got something. Also, there is a little more resistance, but the grinds somehow feel a little more satisfying. I cant really explain it.

And last but not least, they look cool as shit, super vintage next to Thunders, haha.

Bob Loblaw

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3302 on: September 23, 2022, 11:55:25 AM »
I'm skating standard 149 Indy's and 5.8 V-Lights on two different 8.25 set ups. The lighter trucks are throwing me off, and I miss the feeling of the heavier truck inertia.
Has anyone skated the standard Ventures and V-Lights? Do the standard ones feel "off" or too clunky?

off

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 465
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #3303 on: September 24, 2022, 10:11:40 AM »
I'm skating standard 149 Indy's and 5.8 V-Lights on two different 8.25 set ups. The lighter trucks are throwing me off, and I miss the feeling of the heavier truck inertia.
Has anyone skated the standard Ventures and V-Lights? Do the standard ones feel "off" or too clunky?
skated standards, lights, and hollows
hollows are preferred since i dont skate anything sub 8.75
8.25 with cast 5.8s probably have a similar feel in weight
but i might be talking out of my ass
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

huggernaut

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3304 on: Today at 02:55:20 PM »
Are the measurements on tactics just totally jacked?  Venture site also doesn’t seem to show axle height.

What are the typical axle heights for ventures?

I‘m looking at 5.8 or 6.1, not sure if I want v hollow or regular—is the only difference the baseplate in terms of height? 

penis

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3305 on: Today at 03:25:17 PM »
the cast ventures hi are 53.5 and the forged are prolly ~52mm.

I think the forged ones have a slightly longer wheelbase to compensate for the lower height

Cast are the way to go imo

Sucks if you want a lighter cast venture you have to get two sets of trucks and swap the hangers

huggernaut

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3306 on: Today at 04:00:38 PM »
the cast ventures hi are 53.5 and the forged are prolly ~52mm.

I think the forged ones have a slightly longer wheelbase to compensate for the lower height

Cast are the way to go imo

Sucks if you want a lighter cast venture you have to get two sets of trucks and swap the hangers

Okay, thanks, that’s what I thought.

This chart with the 54.7 seemed odd to me.