Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 357267 times)

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #3390 on: October 17, 2022, 01:33:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
venture bushing color tier list? are the different colors really that different or just placebo
[close]

Was curious about this, just got a set in the mail with green but the bottom bushing in both is different. One is cloudy and one is actually shorter and feels different in terms of hardness.
[close]

well that sounds odd, pics?
[close]

that shorter one doesn't look like any venture bushing i've had for sure. from where and what set did you get? the only ones with green stock recently are these that i'm aware of -

the supercush 94's are green but way more opaque than that imo

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3391 on: October 17, 2022, 01:40:35 PM »
I happily skate bones and don’t think they make manuals worse….I’m quite light though.  The geo pretty much doesn’t swerve and lets you put a lot of weight on the respective toe/heel with lots of room before you wheelbite.

huggernaut

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3392 on: October 17, 2022, 02:12:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
venture bushing color tier list? are the different colors really that different or just placebo
[close]

Was curious about this, just got a set in the mail with green but the bottom bushing in both is different. One is cloudy and one is actually shorter and feels different in terms of hardness.
[close]

[close]

[close]

that shorter one doesn't look like any venture bushing i've had for sure. from where and what set did you get? the only ones with green stock recently are these that i'm aware of -

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Venture_Team_Legion_Trucks/descpage-VTTLTR.html

Bought a set of these recently (the 5.8 ones with the green baseplate) from SW and they’re the bushings they arrived with?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3393 on: October 17, 2022, 02:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bought a set of these recently (the 5.8 ones with the green baseplate) from SW and they’re the bushings they arrived with?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ahh yeah forgot about those! still not how they should be as you are obviously aware.
could try hitting up dlx with the picture and asking them for some replacements bushings but idk how the response would be there

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3394 on: October 17, 2022, 03:48:36 PM »
Stock purple and green bushings are highest tier in my mind, but I am fully aware that it could just be in my head. They have to be translucent though

I don't trust cloudy or solid-coloured bushings with the exception of Indy orange bushings or bones

I almost impulse-bought the Del Campo pro models just because I found the green bushings in them so attractive

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3395 on: October 17, 2022, 07:20:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[close]

ahh yeah forgot about those! still not how they should be as you are obviously aware.
could try hitting up dlx with the picture and asking them for some replacements bushings but idk how the response would be there

Maybe they are from 2 different batches of trucks that didn't come as a pair? SWH sells trucks individually so they pack whatever they grab first.

Stock purple and green bushings are highest tier in my mind, but I am fully aware that it could just be in my head. They have to be translucent though

I don't trust cloudy or solid-coloured bushings with the exception of Indy orange bushings or bones

I almost impulse-bought the Del Campo pro models just because I found the green bushings in them so attractive

Purple and red are best.
Green next.
White are dead last.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3396 on: October 18, 2022, 07:56:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[close]

[close]

Maybe they are from 2 different batches of trucks that didn't come as a pair? SWH sells trucks individually so they pack whatever they grab first.

true true! honestly it's probably this, my only hesitation about that was that the trucks aren't the standard polished so i was finding it odd that there would be that kind of variation in a season run w/r/t bushings.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #3397 on: October 18, 2022, 08:01:17 AM »
imagine not riding ventures lol

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3398 on: October 18, 2022, 10:28:54 AM »
Anyone ever tried indy pivot cups in their ventures? My front one is split and it’s hard to find riptides in the UK.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #3399 on: October 18, 2022, 12:31:16 PM »
I expected to dislike these trucks and didn't know why anybody would ride trucks that don't turn that well, but I get it now.
Held my longest front crook ever today. And finally got fs 180 fakie mannies on lock. These trucks are insane.

There's one thing I don't understand though: My nose/tailslides on ledges stick way more than with thunders. I expected the opposite. Anybody had the same experience? Even with a lot of wax everywhere, same wheels same deck.

I'm not used to the long baseplate sliding, but I feel like there shouldn't be a big difference in technique?
Any advice would be appreciated.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #3400 on: October 18, 2022, 01:00:18 PM »
Anyone ever tried indy pivot cups in their ventures? My front one is split and it’s hard to find riptides in the UK.
most pivot cups should fit in just fine regardless of brand. Ace af1 have a deeper pivot cup if I can recall correctly.
I've gotten ace classics, thunder and venture riptides and they looked identical in size lol

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #3401 on: October 18, 2022, 08:25:29 PM »
Might pick up my first set of Ventures to try, deciding what size to get for an 8.25 board.

Would either be running 5.6 with conical fulls or 5.8 with classics, just wondering what people think would be the best combination to get the most out of them.

Always used to use 149 Independents on 8.25, but I'm leaning towards 5.6 as I currently only have 8.5 trucks.

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #3402 on: October 18, 2022, 09:28:33 PM »
Might pick up my first set of Ventures to try, deciding what size to get for an 8.25 board.

Would either be running 5.6 with conical fulls or 5.8 with classics, just wondering what people think would be the best combination to get the most out of them.

Always used to use 149 Independents on 8.25, but I'm leaning towards 5.6 as I currently only have 8.5 trucks.
because ventures have the heavier pop feel prob better to go 5.6 to save on weight

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3403 on: October 18, 2022, 09:57:36 PM »
I expected to dislike these trucks and didn't know why anybody would ride trucks that don't turn that well, but I get it now.
Held my longest front crook ever today. And finally got fs 180 fakie mannies on lock. These trucks are insane.

There's one thing I don't understand though: My nose/tailslides on ledges stick way more than with thunders. I expected the opposite. Anybody had the same experience? Even with a lot of wax everywhere, same wheels same deck.

I'm not used to the long baseplate sliding, but I feel like there shouldn't be a big difference in technique?

Welcome to the club, re the slide my best guess is the baseplate hasn't been worn in? The Thunder baseplate never affected me too much so I can't comment on that.

5.6 is the safe bet for a lighter, nimble setup. Recently went down from a 5.8 TI on an 8.5 to 5.6 TI on an 8.38 and the trucks feel a bit small. I skate ledges and flatbars exclusively so I enjoy a wider truck for more room to grind on, may swap them out later if I don't feel too lazy.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3404 on: October 19, 2022, 01:50:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
most pivot cups should fit in just fine regardless of brand. Ace af1 have a deeper pivot cup if I can recall correctly.
I've gotten ace classics, thunder and venture riptides and they looked identical in size lol

Thanks! I’ve managed to find thunder ones, so might try those.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #3405 on: October 19, 2022, 02:05:26 AM »

I ride 8.25s with 5.6 V-Hollows with 3 speedrings on the inner side of each wheel to get a bit more space. It's a perfect fit.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Deadringer

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3406 on: October 19, 2022, 07:18:23 AM »
What risers fit with Ventures? I find that the ones i've tried leave an overhang?

Also how do you find using standard orange Indy bushings?

Cheers :)

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3407 on: October 19, 2022, 07:40:46 AM »
What risers fit with Ventures? I find that the ones i've tried leave an overhang?

Also how do you find using standard orange Indy bushings?

Cheers :)

Real makes wooden 1/8" risers in three variations for Venture, Thunder, and "Universal" (Indy, etc). The green ones are Venture.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #3408 on: October 19, 2022, 11:47:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Welcome to the club, re the slide my best guess is the baseplate hasn't been worn in? The Thunder baseplate never affected me too much so I can't comment on that.

I did a bad boy poser move and filed the edges of the baseplate a bit rounder. That actually helped a lot, seems like these sharp edges got me stuck when I didn't lock in perfectly. I still don't have any benefits from the baseplate in comparison to thunders though, was hoping there would be less resistance

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #3409 on: October 19, 2022, 08:31:18 PM »
thanks everyone gonna pick up some 5.6s next time the local has them in

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #3410 on: October 20, 2022, 02:45:15 AM »
These are my next trucks. Yes I will take the graphic off.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #3411 on: October 20, 2022, 07:12:20 AM »
So in love with my 5.6s. If anyone ever catches me in another thread, talking about wanting to try/trying another brand than V, please shame me.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #3412 on: October 25, 2022, 06:18:28 PM »
Was able to find a really cheap set on Depop, will be my first time on Ventures since like, 2004/05ish I think.

Ordered riptides for em already because I’m a goober and was gonna just go ahead and get their loose truck bushing kit, but are there other bushings people swear by for getting them a lil looser/surfy?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3413 on: October 25, 2022, 06:58:16 PM »
Was able to find a really cheap set on Depop, will be my first time on Ventures since like, 2004/05ish I think.

Ordered riptides for em already because I’m a goober and was gonna just go ahead and get their loose truck bushing kit, but are there other bushings people swear by for getting them a lil looser/surfy?

biggest tip would be flat top washer

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #3414 on: October 25, 2022, 07:20:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I do that automatically with most of my trucks, found a whole bunch of flat washers behind a home depot where I skate that were exactly the right size for trucks lol. Had to be one of the weirdest/most specific ground-scores ever.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3415 on: October 25, 2022, 07:34:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I do that automatically with most of my trucks, found a whole bunch of flat washers behind a home depot where I skate that were exactly the right size for trucks lol. Had to be one of the weirdest/most specific ground-scores ever.

hell yeah, then you are ahead of most people seeking a surfier venture. if that doesn't do it for you you can go for the loose truck kit or supercush has 88a bushings as another option. never heard anyone using them though, but who knows.
also shaving the top of a stock to the size of the loose bushing kit and save some money/lose some time

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3416 on: October 25, 2022, 08:28:04 PM »

Indy super soft 78A bushings will get them a lot looser. Indy bushings are the same size as Venture bushings.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #3417 on: October 26, 2022, 09:09:51 AM »
I think anything that fits and is conical should do the trick….maybe riptide pivot cups?  To me they just make things feel a bit smoother….

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3418 on: October 26, 2022, 12:32:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Indy super soft 78A bushings will get them a lot looser. Indy bushings are the same size as Venture bushings.

i keep seeing people say this but last time i held up after-market indy bushings next to a fairly new set of venture bushings the indy ones were a hair bigger. i know riptide lists them as the same, but can anyone confirm this for me because it's driving me nuts lol

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #3419 on: October 26, 2022, 12:58:51 PM »
So in love with my 5.6s. If anyone ever catches me in another thread, talking about wanting to try/trying another brand than V, please shame me.

Same here. I'm done. I take back everything I said about Royals.  I'm back and here to stay.