Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349784 times)

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2020, 05:14:56 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8UIOLehigS/?igshid=iasecme5duw
I just want titaniums in 5.6, these need to be available asap

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2020, 05:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Venture has a Thrasher collab dropping soon. Trucks and hoodies.
[close]
so what does it look like?
[close]
Thrasher logo, the A is replaced with Venture V wing logo. Awake written underneath. Wasn’t able to get a photo.
Thank you for this info..I need this hoodie in my life.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2020, 06:19:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Thrasher logo, the A is replaced with Venture V wing logo. Awake written underneath. Wasn’t able to get a photo.

Sounds good

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2020, 10:35:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

that sounds pretty cool.

I would use chrome fill.
Blue sky gradient
Put a the golden gate buildings trees etc in the ctr as black skyline
Maybe put a little details in the earth side gradient

Inside outline to raise up the fill

Piano key drop down single point perspective 3d

The red V logo of put it on top with drips maybe little tiger striping like the piece got capped by venture.

awake font catching the drips turning into an outer of the same color

All 3d points in awake to the fill horizon line. Catching the drips waterfalling the negative space in awake

Put the wings on both ends like extending the piece maybe

Or put them on the V follow the throw up look

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 10:42:18 AM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2020, 09:09:49 AM »
Had my first actual sesh with them yesterday. Loved em. Turning felt so different from the Indys but I got used to it pretty quickly. Liked the difference in wheelbase too and how popping the tail feels a tad bit heavier and delayed with these, makes the tail feel more solid especially since the shape I like has a flatter tail, Indys made hitting the tail feel too light and too quick and flimsy for me sometimes. With Indys sometimes it was like I was skating a deck with an already cracked tail. Also relearned front 5-0s too, haven't done one of those in a couple years.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2020, 09:37:23 AM »
Had my first actual sesh with them yesterday. Loved em. Turning felt so different from the Indys but I got used to it pretty quickly. Liked the difference in wheelbase too and how popping the tail feels a tad bit heavier and delayed with these, makes the tail feel more solid especially since the shape I like has a flatter tail, Indys made hitting the tail feel too light and too quick and flimsy for me sometimes. With Indys sometimes it was like I was skating a deck with an already cracked tail. Also relearned front 5-0s too, haven't done one of those in a couple years.

Which ones were you riding? Kind of regret getting too many of the Hollow Light variants since they extend the WB out drastically (3.5"), would have liked a smaller WB extension like Thunders with the baseplate of Indy / Venture.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2020, 09:54:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Which ones were you riding? Kind of regret getting too many of the Hollow Light variants since they extend the WB out drastically (3.5"), would have liked a smaller WB extension like Thunders with the baseplate of Indy / Venture.
Skating the 5.8 worrest models

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2020, 01:33:47 PM »
so, hope this is the right thread, since i'm new to this...

current setups – got two, since work + wife are in different countrys – are 8.25 FA decks with indys, one is with 149 forged hollows (on a 14.8 wb) and i'm really happy with that, the other got 144 standards on it (on a 14.12). i really prefer the lower height and lighter weight of the forged hollows, get quite a bit of ghost pop on the standard ones just after switching boards and it's just more work to get on ledges. maybe this isn't just because of the weight/height, but also because the standard ones are on a much shorter wheelbase, but i really don't have any knowledge regarding this, just feeling.
since i heard a ton of good stuff about venture his, i'm thinking about trying their hollow ones, i never got the chance to really try them (almost all thunder around here), so any input is much appreciated. especially since i'm planning on going down in board sizes (to 8.12 or 8 ) and the shapes i like have some short wheelbases. also, ventures are a lot cheaper in europe...

thanks already. if this is the wrong thread, just tell me to f_ off and i'll head out.

edit: since the wb-thing seemed fishy to me, i measured it for the first time myself, not trusting the shop measurements anymore and they are both 14.12.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:09:31 PM by l1ll1ll1 »

sadnocomply

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2020, 05:27:19 PM »
I would say anything 14-14.38 would be a good wheelbase with venture depending on preference of course. Any higher than that would be crazy long! I have every model of venture except the hollows but I’m sure they are great. Been banging raw ventures and titaniums in my 2 current setups. I’m also on 8-8.25 like you so venture is great trust me :)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2020, 06:23:59 PM »
I recommend people go more wood than aluminum though. Unless you're going low.

I have a new 8.25 I'm landing on my rail a bunch. Was happening with impossible and Tre at first but I'm used to the truck change there. Kickflips switch flips and fs shuv flips are punishing my feets.
When I was on an 38 and an 8.5 on the 5.6 when I landed on my rail it was easier to put down or it would automatically snap down on its own.

Because of the lack of wheel bite with this truck more wood is good. I can ride the 55 classic with the truck loose all the way with the stock purple barrels in and they fine.

Thinking I maybe going to ad more speed rings to protect the axles from all this primo slide bull shit.

I'm going to die on black top soon watch. I'm going to kick flip up a curb because that's when its happened most at high speed and that will be it.

Knock all my chicklets out again on a curb.

Next board I'm gonna look for something really classy to eat shit on.

I want to try Marc's stuff but I suck at new mail. I miss send the money get the boards days.

I wonder what happens to the rest of my checks. There's no way that I'm spending 800 a month.

They want me buying videogames and junk food so when the system reaches out to snatch me up I can't bomb a hill and wave good bye.

Or the Fuckers just jealous I can still flip my board and go anywhere I want any time or some shit.

Total fucking kook working for the system definitely not awake.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

l1ll1ll1

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2020, 01:31:34 AM »
I would say anything 14-14.38 would be a good wheelbase with venture depending on preference of course. Any higher than that would be crazy long! I have every model of venture except the hollows but I’m sure they are great. Been banging raw ventures and titaniums in my 2 current setups. I’m also on 8-8.25 like you so venture is great trust me :)

thanks for the input. do you go with 5.2s or 5.6s under a 8-8.25? or do you have both?
leaning towards trying deck flush with/wider than trucks these days...

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2020, 08:17:55 AM »
I set up my 5.2 lows last night and loved them! I was in a rush so didn't switch to my new 50mm's but I will for the next sessions for sure to prevent wheelbite (skated on some mid life 52's last night so probably not too much difference).

I was on indy high's before.

There is definitely a trade off between the two. Less turning and better flip tricks. I think I'm okay with that. I wouldn't really wanna bomb a parking garage with these just yet. The manual point is amaaaaaazing on these.

I need to get an 8" deck for these, right now I'm skating an 8.25 on them and it's a little weird but definitely manageable.

Also the wheelbase difference worked out well. I'm on the same deck that I had with my indy's (deck has a 14.25 WB) and it was just fine. Seemed right. I don't think I will look for 14" WB's like I thought I would want to.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 08:20:08 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2020, 08:19:26 AM »
Wellllll, guess I’m buying lows for the first time since 2003.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2020, 08:21:26 AM »

Hahaha literally I just told my friends it felt like 2003! It's a great feeling. Be prepared for less turn.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2020, 08:27:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaha literally I just told my friends it felt like 2003! It's a great feeling. Be prepared for less turn.

Kind of regret getting 2 pairs in forged plates V- Hollow since they extend the WB so much (3.5") versus Thunders. I like the WB of Thunders at 3.25" but I'm not a fan of the baseplate position; I suck at nose / tailslides and need all the help I can get with them. I have a pair of 5.8 I got off the Zumiez sale in cast plates, now I'm looking to add a 5.2 or 5.6 to that collection.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2020, 08:38:46 AM »
What are the pros cons of low v high?

I gotta stop coming to this thread. I already keep going back and forth with standard or Ti etc. so it’s delaying my purchase ha. Leaning towards standard hi’s
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:07:13 AM by Murge »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2020, 08:44:11 AM »
I set up my 5.2 lows last night and loved them! I was in a rush so didn't switch to my new 50mm's but I will for the next sessions for sure to prevent wheelbite (skated on some mid life 52's last night so probably not too much difference).

I was on indy high's before.

There is definitely a trade off between the two. Less turning and better flip tricks. I think I'm okay with that. I wouldn't really wanna bomb a parking garage with these just yet. The manual point is amaaaaaazing on these.

I need to get an 8" deck for these, right now I'm skating an 8.25 on them and it's a little weird but definitely manageable.

Also the wheelbase difference worked out well. I'm on the same deck that I had with my indy's (deck has a 14.25 WB) and it was just fine. Seemed right. I don't think I will look for 14" WB's like I thought I would want to.

5.25 lo’s are the truth. Mine are forged hollows, but I’m going to switch a cast plate on. You are limited,  by the wheel diameter, to the depth of your turning, but it’s not as bad as I would have thought. Flip tricks feel correct. If you want to make them more squirrely, bones hardcore bushings work well, or at least the top flat washer. I skate mine with wheels 52 to 49 ish, and that’s the big trade off. You can go ditch riding or crusty street hill bombing, but it’s more of an adventure for sure.

sadnocomply

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2020, 09:37:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thanks for the input. do you go with 5.2s or 5.6s under a 8-8.25? or do you have both?
leaning towards trying deck flush with/wider than trucks these days...
I have 5.2 titaniums on a 8.1, 5.6 raw on a 8.25 and I even have a 5.8 v light on a 8.3 so I literally have all spectrums covered. Great trucks for everything! I skate hills, parks, street, bowls, you name it. I also try not to mess with stock bushings and I ride factory tightness for a couple weeks and my ventures seem to jiggle loosely just fine.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2020, 09:48:29 AM »

I gotta stop coming to this thread. I already keep going back and forth with standard or Ti etc. so it’s delaying my purchase ha. Leaning towards standard hi’s

To me it depends on how you pop. I'm heavy on my back foot and pop down hard on my tail; having low trucks makes me feel like my tail is bottoming out too early, if that makes any sense. Lows are at 48.3mm, Highs are at 53.5mm. I think Thunders 147 are also around 49-50mm, Tactics doesn't have a pair for sale so the height isn't listed.

Even if you go Low you can always correct this with risers, so I feel it gives you slightly more versatility.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2020, 09:59:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Kind of regret getting 2 pairs in forged plates V- Hollow since they extend the WB so much (3.5") versus Thunders. I like the WB of Thunders at 3.25" but I'm not a fan of the baseplate position; I suck at nose / tailslides and need all the help I can get with them. I have a pair of 5.8 I got off the Zumiez sale in cast plates, now I'm looking to add a 5.2 or 5.6 to that collection.
It's REALLY not that bad. I have regular venture highs on my big board and hollows on my other one, I can't tell a difference.

l1ll1ll1

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2020, 03:13:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

To me it depends on how you pop. I'm heavy on my back foot and pop down hard on my tail; having low trucks makes me feel like my tail is bottoming out too early, if that makes any sense. Lows are at 48.3mm, Highs are at 53.5mm. I think Thunders 147 are also around 49-50mm, Tactics doesn't have a pair for sale so the height isn't listed.

Even if you go Low you can always correct this with risers, so I feel it gives you slightly more versatility.

thats excactly how i felt when i switched from indys to my old destructos (49mm) just for fun, like just pushing into the ground with my back foot and the nose not coming up enough.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2020, 09:17:52 AM »
Which ventures have the least amount of impact to wheel base or are they all the same?
Just curious

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2020, 09:58:38 AM »
Which ventures have the least amount of impact to wheel base or are they all the same?
Just curious
think the cast only like + ~3.25”   Forged get the most

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2020, 10:56:30 AM »
Alright, currently on thunders so I wouldn’t want to deviate too far front that wheelbase

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2020, 11:01:34 AM »
Alright, currently on thunders so I wouldn’t want to deviate too far front that wheelbase
check the wb for your trucks thread. Pretty damn close close depending on standard or forged

Thunder 149 team edition (8.5" axle):
+ 3.1875"
Thunder Hollow Lights 151 (8.75" axle):
+ 3.25"
Venture standard 5.8 (8.5" axle):
+ 3.25"
Venture 6.1 (8.75" axle):
+ 3.125”
Venture Lights 5.8 (8.5" axle):
+ 3.5"
Venture 5.8 Titanium (8.5" axle):
+ 3.4375
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 11:04:02 AM by jay_nev »

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2020, 01:28:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
check the wb for your trucks thread. Pretty damn close close depending on standard or forged

+ 3.1875"
+ 3.25"
+ 3.25"
+ 3.125”
+ 3.5"
+ 3.4375
You sir are the man.
I’m currently on the 8.25 team hollows but I assume there’s not too much variation.
So if I’m on the team hollows now the standards shouldn’t be too bad.
I have a feeling my tax refund is going to justify me trying a pair
Thank you
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:39:23 PM by Esmith5488 »

Smartass

• Rep: 46
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »
For the folks moving from Indy to Venutre, definitely recommend getting some Riptide pivot cups. I skated mine stock for a while and they still felt good but the Turn didn't feel that good. Switching to the riptides made them turn so much better.

Did another comparison with my buddies who are stock vs mine and he agrees that the Riptides make a big difference.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2020, 03:45:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

+ 3.1875"
+ 3.25"
+ 3.25"
+ 3.125”
+ 3.5"
+ 3.4375
i got 3.325" for the 6.1s might want to recheck that one
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2020, 04:10:08 PM »
Yeah pulled that from wb thread. Haven’t measured myself

Washed Up Guy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2020, 07:57:21 PM »
Do T tools line up nicely with the nuts yet?