Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349442 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2020, 06:35:50 PM »
the acid tool is magic for ventures and other trucks with awkward hangers to get around.  the wrench can be used straight on like normal, or sideways to get into tight spots

Looks like my moms sex toy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000127558891.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.40c46368vL9Wev&algo_pvid=e7ba2556-3ccd-412c-8b70-4666befd3529&algo_expid=e7ba2556-3ccd-412c-8b70-4666befd3529-29&btsid=0ab6f8ad15822524585771627ed854&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Got me one of these doohickies to help me out with Ventures. Smaller than a wrench and nuts that aren't smashed
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2020, 04:23:58 AM »
Saw on insta MAnderson is now woke.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2020, 05:16:40 AM »
His Venchies looked nice and grinded.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2020, 08:13:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I could be wrong but I screenshot it and zoomed, they look like copper colored Ace.
Edit: also not Manderson’s setup. It belongs to @siahhhg
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 09:08:34 AM by Richard Skidder »

Trail

• Rep: 8
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2020, 11:24:13 AM »
Anyone running Venture Hi's for transition?

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2020, 12:13:12 PM »
Anyone running Venture Hi's for transition?

John Cardiel in 1993. Although those were probably a low/mid. 

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2020, 01:30:28 PM »

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2020, 01:31:38 PM »
Yuto is a GOD on tranny

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2020, 02:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I could be wrong but I screenshot it and zoomed, they look like copper colored Ace.

Ya wasn't Mike's. Can't find his original story with the ventures/venture sticker. I dropped the ball.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2020, 02:42:35 PM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

BornToLose

• Rep: 0
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2020, 05:04:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Ya wasn't Mike's. Can't find his original story with the ventures/venture sticker. I dropped the ball.

Looks like a Venture hoody
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7cTMWTHRGu/?igshid=oszh4q3hhyav

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2020, 05:22:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Looks like a Venture hoody
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7cTMWTHRGu/?igshid=oszh4q3hhyav
Fuck yeah, sick!

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2020, 05:34:46 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B82rzhcls7q/

heres the photo from the krooked story of mandersons set up
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 05:41:17 AM by jsettle »

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2020, 12:45:46 PM »
This movement is so amazing to my old ass. I have got shit for decades for skating Ventures. People are finally seeing the light and its cool to see.
*edit*
I just got back from my local park and it turned into a solo flatground session due to an catastrophic amount of rollerbladers everywhere. But I am sad to say I have axle slip on both 5.8 Bobby W. Ventures. The pop is unreal but Its only my second time skating them so I'm bummed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:59:27 PM by Seventyfrigginseven »

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2020, 02:22:01 PM »
This movement is so amazing to my old ass. I have got shit for decades for skating Ventures. People are finally seeing the light and its cool to see.
*edit*
I just got back from my local park and it turned into a solo flatground session due to an catastrophic amount of rollerbladers everywhere. But I am sad to say I have axle slip on both 5.8 Bobby W. Ventures. The pop is unreal but Its only my second time skating them so I'm bummed.
this happened to my pair, and then my replacement pair. absolutely loved the way they skated, but also loving that I don't have to bash my Indys off the ground to break the wheels loose. respect to everyone skating venture though, they're sick, they felt better than the pairs I had back in 2005. just fix those axles and we're good.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2020, 03:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
*edit*
[close]
this happened to my pair, and then my replacement pair. absolutely loved the way they skated, but also loving that I don't have to bash my Indys off the ground to break the wheels loose. respect to everyone skating venture though, they're sick, they felt better than the pairs I had back in 2005. just fix those axles and we're good.
I'm hoping with so many skaters changing over that they will take that new found revenue and fix the axle problem.I absolutely love these things otherwise. Just out of curiosity did you go back to indy or are you sticking it out. I ask because I rarely have skated indy but I did not ever have an axle slip with them.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »
^

had axle slippage on a pair of indys once. actually just one of the trucks. i rode indys for almost ten years before switching to ventures out of pure boredom, indys are still fine to me. this used to be a constant problem for me though when skating thunders, along with their kingpin breaking fairly often and being rather hard to replace on the spot. made me quit riding them.

i've been on ventures since the 5.6 released, so far i couldn't notice any axle slippage.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2020, 05:19:05 PM »
^

had axle slippage on a pair of indys once. actually just one of the trucks. i rode indys for almost ten years before switching to ventures out of pure boredom, indys are still fine to me. this used to be a constant problem for me though when skating thunders, along with their kingpin breaking fairly often and being rather hard to replace on the spot. made me quit riding them.

i've been on ventures since the 5.6 released, so far i couldn't notice any axle slippage.
I don't think I have ever had a pair of Thunders and it sounds like I haven't missed much. I was thinking today I wonder if the fact I have the 5.8s on a 8.25 helped cause it. I threw away more than my fair share of fliptricks yesterday and maybe with the axles sticking out that little bit took more of the impact. I'm not justifying it but just curious if that could be part of it.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2020, 08:03:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
*edit*
[close]
[close]
I'm hoping with so many skaters changing over that they will take that new found revenue and fix the axle problem.I absolutely love these things otherwise. Just out of curiosity did you go back to indy or are you sticking it out. I ask because I rarely have skated indy but I did not ever have an axle slip with them.
for real. like the way they feel, but it's a bummer slipping axles when they're barely broken in. went back to indy until my pair cracks in half then I'll suck it up and skate them till I can't take it anymore.
also skated them on a 8.25 too, definitely could have something to do with it. might end up looking for a board that's bigger than 8.25 with a short wb to see if that makes a difference. I've slipped axle on Indys too, not saying they're perfect but this pair I have down to the axle hasn't slipped yet so I keep running them when other trucks let me down.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2020, 05:13:48 AM »
People on here acting like all trucks don’t get axel slip must never try flip tricks. In 27 years of skating I’ve never had a pair of trucks that don’t slip (have only ever ridden Indy until recently getting Ventures though...)
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2020, 09:41:46 AM »
People on here acting like all trucks don’t get axel slip must never try flip tricks. In 27 years of skating I’ve never had a pair of trucks that don’t slip (have only ever ridden Indy until recently getting Ventures though...)
I know I never had one slip after only a few hours of skating. I kinda assume its inevitable but it definitely sucks when their brand new.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2020, 09:51:19 AM »
My Indy’s have slipped my thunders have slipped my ventures have slipped. It’ll happen if you flip your board.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2020, 10:49:36 AM »
A few sessions in now on the ventures and I’m loving them more and more. They’re so much better feeling for manuals. Like i mentioned before they feel so good on a board with a flatter nose and tail; currently riding a baker B16 shape and it makes the nose and tail feel so much more solid as opposed to indys which make the nose and tail feel so flimsy and a little too light sometimes. A solid tail definitely works a lot better at controlling manuals for me.

Can’t see myself going back to Indy’s anytime soon. The reasons I listed above and plus just riding Indy’s for more than a decade now and just getting kinda  burnt out on them has got me stoked on the ventures.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2020, 11:52:17 AM »

yeah if you land primo a lot this is true, just like with flatspotting a wheel. i actually formulated a similar answer but forgot to post... i hope anchored axles will be a thing in the future, not sure what is so difficult about it, but there has to be a reason only so few companies do them afaik. i am pretty aware that i was very lucky with my indy run whith only one truck having axle slipping through 6-8 sets over a span of 9 years. but i haven't always skated them down to the axle tbh. i totally wouldn't complain when axle slippage starts to happen after 9 months to a year of skating the truck. just something that will eventually occure with wear.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »
Just ordered some 5.8 Bobby ventures. Pretty excited to jump from indys.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2020, 02:30:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah if you land primo a lot this is true, just like with flatspotting a wheel. i actually formulated a similar answer but forgot to post... i hope anchored axles will be a thing in the future, not sure what is so difficult about it, but there has to be a reason only so few companies do them afaik. i am pretty aware that i was very lucky with my indy run whith only one truck having axle slipping through 6-8 sets over a span of 9 years. but i haven't always skated them down to the axle tbh. i totally wouldn't complain when axle slippage starts to happen after 9 months to a year of skating the truck. just something that will eventually occure with wear.

I think one of the issues with anchoring axels is that the truck itself is more likely to break. The force from the impact of landing primo still needs to go somewhere - and if the axel can’t slip, it could take some of the truck with it.

Tracker made a truck with a completely floating axel that you slid out to put your wheels on at one stage.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2020, 05:43:38 PM »
Damn all this Venture talk is getting me excited to setup my 7.75 Traffic board from a few months ago. Didn't feel right with Indy 139 or Thunder 147 Hollow Lights, think it will be different with Venture Hollow Lights 5.2 Hi. The WB is short (14") so WB extending sounds like the ticket.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Whitedude

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2020, 09:20:57 PM »
When I started skating I only skated thunders. Tried a set of venture and hated them (couldn’t really do anything at the time so it didn’t really mean shit) so I just went back to thunders for years until switching to indys in like 2014. Just got a set of the polished 5.6 and I gotta say it feels nice to actually be able to pop my board again

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2020, 03:46:27 PM »
Should I just
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think so.

Some younger cats i skate with though I was copying Tom Penny "thing" by tapping my axles and spinning my wheels before I through down.

They never seen axles slip before because its rare these days.

Edit. See how this plays over the next few days
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:48:36 PM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2020, 06:41:28 PM »
When I started skating I only skated thunders. Tried a set of venture and hated them (couldn’t really do anything at the time so it didn’t really mean shit) so I just went back to thunders for years until switching to indys in like 2014. Just got a set of the polished 5.6 and I gotta say it feels nice to actually be able to pop my board again
glad im not the only one who gets no pop on indys
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo