Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349323 times)

whatsreallygood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
  • what it do dirty
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2020, 01:01:10 PM »
Expand Quote
My issue would be going through all the effort of designing a setup to get these trucks to turn only to not like how they turn, when I could just use a truck I know turns on any board and be fine. Obviously I'm compromising on stability and pop but I don't notice that as much as other people I guess so my priorities vary. I also don't have any broken bushings on had so idk what I'd do there, plus I'm weary to throw bones top washers for reasons I mentioned earlier. I'm sure you can get them to turn, but if it requires already broken bushings, specific washers, and getting a new deck with a specific cap on the wb I don't think they're for me. With that said, if someone finds a dream setup with this info that'd be sick
[close]

ACE bushings (dual Duro) low top/Regular bottoms work amazing in Ventures, waaaay better than stock but not a small investment.

Yeah I could see ace bushings being great, is this with the bones top washer or a normal one? I have a nice broken in pair from my ace trucks, I'd just have to shave down the top bushing, but them it wouldn't fit the aces lol

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2020, 02:42:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My issue would be going through all the effort of designing a setup to get these trucks to turn only to not like how they turn, when I could just use a truck I know turns on any board and be fine. Obviously I'm compromising on stability and pop but I don't notice that as much as other people I guess so my priorities vary. I also don't have any broken bushings on had so idk what I'd do there, plus I'm weary to throw bones top washers for reasons I mentioned earlier. I'm sure you can get them to turn, but if it requires already broken bushings, specific washers, and getting a new deck with a specific cap on the wb I don't think they're for me. With that said, if someone finds a dream setup with this info that'd be sick
[close]

ACE bushings (dual Duro) low top/Regular bottoms work amazing in Ventures, waaaay better than stock but not a small investment.
[close]

Yeah I could see ace bushings being great, is this with the bones top washer or a normal one? I have a nice broken in pair from my ace trucks, I'd just have to shave down the top bushing, but them it wouldn't fit the aces lol

I use the ACE low top, regular bottom and the bones washer on top, but just rev'd up to these for top and bottom:

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/54061/array-machined-cone-sleeved-washers

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2020, 04:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I use the ACE low top, regular bottom and the bones washer on top, but just rev'd up to these for top and bottom:

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/54061/array-machined-cone-sleeved-washers

Ah ok, damn you got everything picked out and customized, cool. Do you think those array washers make a noticeable difference?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2020, 05:29:27 PM »
Stock yellow bottoms and stock thunder white tops for now.
40ー today felt a little squirly with but flush with washer, gave em a half turn and could still turn 180 with ease but def less forgiving turn wise.
I’m 200 lbs and would consider supercush 94a maybe, not sure which duro to go for. Def prefer stability.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2020, 05:32:30 PM »
40ー today felt a little squirly with but flush with washer, gave em a half turn and could still turn 180 with ease but def less forgiving turn wise.
I知 200 lbs and would consider supercush 94a maybe, not sure which duro to go for. Def prefer stability.
I知 200 and just got the 97a. Will report back
Tgm has both duros in stock. Might grab 94a too
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:38:52 PM by Esmith5488 »

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2020, 05:41:48 PM »
Riding 94a supercush and am in the same size range as you.
97 is pretty damn hard, have tried both in ventures and thunders.

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2020, 06:23:18 PM »
Props to all the bushing wizardry. Thinking about it now one of the reasons I probably struggled with the trucks when I had them was cause I was a twig at the time. Cool to hear people have it figured out though, I'm surprised venture doesn't offer different duros of aftermarket bushings under their own name but since other stuff fits fine I guess it's all good

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2020, 06:39:04 PM »
Ordered the 94. Going to try the stock ones first on Monday and go from there. Only thing I値l do is put some riptides in

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: March 06, 2020, 06:42:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I知 200 lbs and would consider supercush 94a maybe, not sure which duro to go for. Def prefer stability.
[close]
I知 200 and just got the 97a. Will report back
Tgm has both duros in stock. Might grab 94a too
cool thanks. Report back. 94a probably a sweet spot for us.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2020, 11:47:18 AM »
My shop does have some of the supercush duros but dlx has them in stock rarely.
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Accessories/Bushings.htm

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2020, 11:53:45 AM »
Wish you could buy the stock purples. Want a pair for aesthetic reasons. If anyone wants greens and has purples lemme know. 

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2020, 11:59:40 AM »
Wish you could buy the stock purples. Want a pair for aesthetic reasons. If anyone wants greens and has purples lemme know.

I have some just sitting around. DM me and we can work it out.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2020, 12:59:57 PM »
damn those array washers look great. i really want to try a set
🤙

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2020, 01:20:00 PM »
So I've got a pair of the 5.2 wenture lows. I've got to say, I really love them. They're currently on an 8 inch scumco deck with a 14.25 wheelbase that buttfart rapedick very graciously sent me. Using 52mm wheels. Very comfortable to skate and like how others have said, the manuals come easily. I don't skate super lose trucks but I'm absolutely not skating crazy tight either. The ventures turn about as well as I could expect with low trucks. I love these things now and its crazy because I was never a venture guy but I had gotten these a while ago because I wanted low trucks that would fit a smaller deck I had gotten for free. The deck didnt work out but this scumco is in a huge way. I think I'm sold on ventures at this point. I'm going to try film trucks but I for sure will end up woth more venture 5.2 lows.

Do people find the v lights to be worth it?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 01:21:41 PM by drewsmahgoos »

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2020, 03:10:35 PM »
So I've got a pair of the 5.2 wenture lows. I've got to say, I really love them. They're currently on an 8 inch scumco deck with a 14.25 wheelbase that buttfart rapedick very graciously sent me. Using 52mm wheels. Very comfortable to skate and like how others have said, the manuals come easily. I don't skate super lose trucks but I'm absolutely not skating crazy tight either. The ventures turn about as well as I could expect with low trucks. I love these things now and its crazy because I was never a venture guy but I had gotten these a while ago because I wanted low trucks that would fit a smaller deck I had gotten for free. The deck didnt work out but this scumco is in a huge way. I think I'm sold on ventures at this point. I'm going to try film trucks but I for sure will end up woth more venture 5.2 lows.

Do people find the v lights to be worth it?
I put 5.2 lows with 52s on a 8.25 today and I really like it.I tried 5.2 highs with 54s on a different 8.25 a while ago and it was not good for Me. It's crazy what a few mm's can do!

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2020, 04:57:08 PM »

If I can find my old purple 5.2 highs I'll let you know

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2020, 05:31:35 PM »
Purples look dope but I think the greens do too

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2020, 08:00:19 PM »

bang them shits with a hammer.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have some just sitting around. DM me and we can work it out.
PM壇
Love the purples, should致e just bought regular raws because I knew I壇 want those bushings lol.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2020, 09:53:41 AM »
On a full se with some venture hi.
Curious what pairings you guys have had that has worked well

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2020, 10:23:23 AM »

Using a flat washer on ALL (to prevent binding) and with Riptide Pivot cups:

I tried:

Stock purples
Bones: Medium and Soft
Indy 88a (red) conical and barrel bottom
Ace low tops / regular bottoms (remember ACE are dual duro

The ACEs bushing seriously outperformed everything else, no questions. They made the Venture swerve a more surfy swerve and the hope is that with these washers to give them an even more responsive feel on top of the dual duro mechanic.

Waiting in the wings for either some 6.1 Ventures or these fabled Indy Mids (and ACE bushings as noted above): Riptides, the muir skate washers and those Acer racing low profile Ti nuts (FWIW the KP nuts are 2g lighter each (and about 2mm lower than regs), axle nuts are about 1g lighter than regs but much thinner, with these you can really stack the speed rings to push those wheels out).

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:30:16 AM by Xen »

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2020, 10:36:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried:

Stock purples

The ACEs bushing seriously outperformed everything else, no questions. They made the Venture swerve a more surfy swerve and the hope is that with these washers to give them an even more responsive feel on top of the dual duro mechanic.

Expand Quote
[close]

Waiting in the wings for either some 6.1 Ventures or these fabled Indy Mids (and ACE bushings as noted above): Riptides, the muir skate washers and those Acer racing low profile Ti nuts (FWIW the KP nuts are 2g lighter each (and about 2mm lower than regs), axle nuts are about 1g lighter than regs but much thinner, with these you can really stack the speed rings to push those wheels out).
can i get someone to mail me a set of array washers from muir? i checked and its going to cost $97 american to ship them up to canada. if anyone is willing to hook it up i'd be greatful.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2020, 11:20:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried:

Stock purples

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
can i get someone to mail me a set of array washers from muir? i checked and its going to cost $97 american to ship them up to canada. if anyone is willing to hook it up i'd be greatful.

97 dollars is insane.

I was thinking more board truck combos but now I almost want to buy a set of these washers

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2020, 11:32:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried:

Stock purples

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

97 dollars is insane.

I was thinking more board truck combos but now I almost want to buy a set of these washers
its only because they dont have other options to ship to canada, their best response was to sign up for one of those out of country po: box services. if any pals are willing to be the middle man ill pay for shipping, just wanting to see if these end my truck madness.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2020, 11:50:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried:

Stock purples

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

97 dollars is insane.

[close]
its only because they dont have other options to ship to canada, their best response was to sign up for one of those out of country po: box services. if any pals are willing to be the middle man ill pay for shipping, just wanting to see if these end my truck madness.

I got you. DM me.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2020, 06:10:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried:

Stock purples

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

97 dollars is insane.

[close]
[close]

I got you. DM me.
Fwiw..
Array washers are 1.5mm thick, right?
That's 0.059" and should be thicker than normal cup washers. I can measure later..

Also not good to use Ti nuts on Ti threads (axles, kingpins). There's a chance of galling and damaging the threads.
The low lateral loads involved should make this a non-issue but thought I'd mention it.
Normally the thing to do would be use anti-seize but that would make the nyloc less effective.

Since we apparently geek the the same..
I was thinking of spacers instead of 3 speedrings on the inside..

http://www.sk8kings.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=SK8KINGS215&Category_Code=HW

https://www.mcmaster.com/91525a325

https://www.mcmaster.com/93320a355

Don't mean to come across like I'm saying to buy from McMaster-Carr.
It's just an easy site to search and they have pics/dimensions.
Look for a local industrial hardware store that'll sell retail without an account.
https://www.marshallshardware.com San Diego area
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:57:34 PM by satan »

Ned Providence

• Rep: 13
« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2020, 09:30:23 AM »
I recently put some broken in Bones mediums in my 6.1's and thy turn super good.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2020, 10:42:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried:

Stock purples

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

97 dollars is insane.

[close]
[close]

I got you. DM me.
[close]
Fwiw..
Array washers are 1.5mm thick, right?
That's 0.059" and should be thicker than normal cup washers. I can measure later..

Also not good to use Ti nuts on Ti threads (axles, kingpins). There's a chance of galling and damaging the threads.
The low lateral loads involved should make this a non-issue but thought I'd mention it.
Normally the thing to do would be use anti-seize but that would make the nyloc less effective.

Since we apparently geek the the same..
I was thinking of spacers instead of 3 speedrings on the inside..

http://www.sk8kings.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=SK8KINGS215&Category_Code=HW

https://www.mcmaster.com/91525a325

https://www.mcmaster.com/93320a355

Don't mean to come across like I'm saying to buy from McMaster-Carr.
It's just an easy site to search and they have pics/dimensions.
Look for a local industrial hardware store that'll sell retail without an account.
https://www.marshallshardware.com San Diego area

1.5mm - they may be a hair thicker compared to a bones washer (which I use almost exclusively for a top washer, and bottom anything with a conical bottom), which is thinner than a stock washer (I think). However, I am not worried since I am using a low top (ACE) bushing.

As for ti nuts/side load, I am willing to take that risk ;) I'd imagine on TI axles the risk would be less?

Those 1/8 spacers are  you thinking of using those as speedrings?

Makes me want to find those old versions of Theeve V3s with the TI Kingpins (they were so fucking light) and throw all the nuts and washers on them.

One could also just ride tensors (and put all those ti nuts and cone washers on them ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:54:50 PM by Xen »

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2020, 12:51:56 PM »
I知 digging almost everything besides the size of my new trucks. I wish I would have gotten the 5.6 and not the 5.2

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2020, 07:16:21 PM »
Yeah. I was thinking 1/8" spacer should be about the same as 3 speedrings.
I'm remembering speedrings as 1mm thick but should double check.

I didn't even know if you had Ti trucks. Just thought I'd mention it.

Ti on steel isn't a problem.
The galling issue is with Ti-Ti threads, Ti bolt and Ti nut.
The metal can microweld, rip metal off the nut and weld it to the axle, or vice versa.
Fucks up the threads..

The only times I could see galling being an issue is when you first put the nut on cuz the threads will be a slightly different shape than the axle threads.
A drop of oil might work fine here..
But using the axle nut to fully seat a wheel bearing would be bad since it'd load the threads more.
That's what I meant by lateral loads but now you're making me wonder about primo stuff..

Ti kingpin might be iffy too..

I had a geeky stoner pipedream that involved Ace mag baseplates, Theeve Ti kingpin, possibly even Tensor ATG mag hangers.
Aluminum nuts might work but idk if I've seen them with nyloc.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:18:06 PM by satan »