Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349367 times)

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2020, 11:21:43 AM »
It’s okay I already know I’m crazy but I just wanted to point out that I really have been preparing for this moment my whole life and didn’t know it. Texas has been real lenient on this corona shit, I’ve been shredding for 4 hours a day for the past week with my job on lockdown. Parks & streets you name it, not one cop or anyone has said shit to me and my homie in the DFW area of Texas. I have 13 (9 unskated) decks, 6 pairs of ventures, 4 sets of F4 in the wrap, bolts and bearings for days. Not even counting the Swiss and F4 I have on my two current setups! Most everything was purchased last year hopping back on the wood I caught the skate bug again and I was instantly hooked. if I catch this Corona shit and die I went out with a bang. I supported my favorite skaters buying their pro model shit and I shredded harder than I did in my prime and had fun doing it.

Anyways, once my tax return hits next week I’m getting my homies VX and it’s on. I got 3 years to make my part before I hit 30 and hit serious depression assuming I make it out of this hell we are in now. I owe it all to Bobby Worrest Venture Part on thrasher. I was out of the skate scene for 8 years didn’t even think about skating doing hella drugs, playing college baseball, chasing girls. Saw dudes part and the hype behind it and I was immediately hooked. I’m a skate rat until I die. Half cabs and a set ventures in my casket that’s all I ask for.

Btw I’m not buying ANY skate shit until 2021 lol! let’s just go ahead and delete this fucking year seriously. Everything went to shit when KOBE died straight up. Everyone be safe out there keep shreddin and buy a set of Venture Trucks.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »
ditched the top washer and it made a world of difference. other than that, all stock.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #332 on: March 26, 2020, 07:03:48 PM »
i would be down to try ventures again, just not the cast versions. i like a light truck but the forged versions push the axle to axle wb way further than what i would like. they seem like they would be nice on a 14-14.125 deck but those are rare in the width i like where 14.25-14.5 is standard.

I feel you but if I may - frankentruck

Get a nice pair of V-Hoilow or Titanium with forged plate.
Get a 2nd hand pair of standard cast plates.

Light truck with less WB shifting, only problem is you will need to own 2 pairs of trucks. Hence I recommend finding a cheap 2nd hand pair of standard Ventures with cast plates.

ditched the top washer and it made a world of difference. other than that, all stock.

Better turn? Pinch?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2020, 08:57:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Do they give you a shorter wheelbase?

No, they push the WB out the furthest
[close]
[close]

What is the justification for this claim? From my understanding, Thunder extends the wheelbase the most, while Venture is very close to Indy.

Yes, if you were to line up the baseplates from the inside of the truck, it would appear that Ventures extend the wheelbase more than Indy.

However, line them up correct from the outside and they're very close to each other. Obviously they'll ride different because Indy is a taller truck.

Here's Thunder vs Indy just to show the big difference.

Line them up by the bolt holes

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2020, 08:57:45 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

Better turn? Pinch?

better turn. I like them loose. with the washer on, I would have them loose, get tons of wheelbite but the turn still wasn't what I wanted. washer off, the turn is there. and I was able to tighten them a bit, so I'm getting less wheelbite. it actually surprised me what a difference there was. I've noticed a good number of young rippers rocking no top washer. but I had my doubts and didn't want to needlessly thrash up my bushing. now I'm a convert. give it a try. if you don't like it, you can always put it back on.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2020, 09:22:19 AM »
People skating venture lows: how do you find that they impact basic crushing/dork shit like slappies and no complies? I am getting the annual itch to break them out but if it is going to negatively impact those basic pleasures I'm not going to do it.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2020, 10:13:50 AM »
People skating venture lows: how do you find that they impact basic crushing/dork shit like slappies and no complies? I am getting the annual itch to break them out but if it is going to negatively impact those basic pleasures I'm not going to do it.

I don't have a good curb for slappies where I've been skating but no complies are not an issue at all. They have improved my flat ground for sure. Skating an 8in ty beall scum co with 5.2 venture lows. I've also thrown them on a  7.75 deck(too skinny), and an 8.125 which was awesome as well. I don't think they've prohibited my skating at all. If anything, I'm skating better on venture lows than any other set of trucks I've tried.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2020, 07:26:33 PM »
It’s okay I already know I’m crazy but I just wanted to point out that I really have been preparing for this moment my whole life and didn’t know it. Texas has been real lenient on this corona shit, I’ve been shredding for 4 hours a day for the past week with my job on lockdown. Parks & streets you name it, not one cop or anyone has said shit to me and my homie in the DFW area of Texas. I have 13 (9 unskated) decks, 6 pairs of ventures, 4 sets of F4 in the wrap, bolts and bearings for days. Not even counting the Swiss and F4 I have on my two current setups! Most everything was purchased last year hopping back on the wood I caught the skate bug again and I was instantly hooked. if I catch this Corona shit and die I went out with a bang. I supported my favorite skaters buying their pro model shit and I shredded harder than I did in my prime and had fun doing it.

Anyways, once my tax return hits next week I’m getting my homies VX and it’s on. I got 3 years to make my part before I hit 30 and hit serious depression assuming I make it out of this hell we are in now. I owe it all to Bobby Worrest Venture Part on thrasher. I was out of the skate scene for 8 years didn’t even think about skating doing hella drugs, playing college baseball, chasing girls. Saw dudes part and the hype behind it and I was immediately hooked. I’m a skate rat until I die. Half cabs and a set ventures in my casket that’s all I ask for.

Btw I’m not buying ANY skate shit until 2021 lol! let’s just go ahead and delete this fucking year seriously. Everything went to shit when KOBE died straight up. Everyone be safe out there keep shreddin and buy a set of Venture Trucks.
#POTY
6.1 gang dudes
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #338 on: March 28, 2020, 01:39:12 PM »
What size do venture lows max out at? I don't think it exists, but just checking that theres no 5.6 venture low?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #339 on: March 28, 2020, 02:58:24 PM »
What size do venture lows max out at? I don't think it exists, but just checking that theres no 5.6 venture low?

I was told a low 5.6 is was available not long ago by someone very reliable but didn't see it.

Maybe its about to drop. Wouldn't that be sick
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #340 on: March 28, 2020, 05:52:34 PM »
https://www.paradeworld.com/uk/product/venture-polished-low-trucks-56-825-pair-12-29482445504581/

Hmmm very interesting. Wonder if these will come back or it’s a hoax. Never saw a 5.6 low in 2019 catalogs

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #341 on: March 28, 2020, 06:29:02 PM »
Interesting. Would even be down for a 5.8 low. Currently skating Venture high 5.8s and they're great. Curious about trying lows, would probably be good for the lower centre of gravity and potentially better pinch, but definitely can't go smaller than 5.6.

Haven't skated lows in years though so not sure how wheelbite, kingpin clearance, turning and pop will be.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2020, 07:06:24 PM »
Interesting. Would even be down for a 5.8 low. Currently skating Venture high 5.8s and they're great. Curious about trying lows, would probably be good for the lower centre of gravity and potentially better pinch, but definitely can't go smaller than 5.6.

Haven't skated lows in years though so not sure how wheelbite, kingpin clearance, turning and pop will be.

Would love me some Venture 5.6 Lows. The regular 5.6 is pretty hard to come by already.

Skate a pair of Lows a months ago, wheel bite aside I love the pinch and stability.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2020, 07:20:50 PM »
I put forged baseplates on my 6.1s to try them a little lower. It was too much wheel bite even with 50-52s. Using 6.1s with cast plates and 50mm has been fine. The 5.8s with forged plates seem to work fine, I never got them loose enough to have too much wheelbite. I also used them with 52mm wheels.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: March 28, 2020, 08:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would love me some Venture 5.6 Lows. The regular 5.6 is pretty hard to come by already.

Skate a pair of Lows a months ago, wheel bite aside I love the pinch and stability.

How much worse would you say the wheelbite/turning is compared to highs? I get a little bit of wheelbite with the highs but not bad at all, skating ~52mm ish usually. Even venture highs don't turn amazing but they're comfortable and very sufficient so I wonder how much worse the lows are.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2020, 09:13:03 PM »
I could not skate lows on a regular basis unless I came way down in board size or ran a small wheel.

Low trucks that are wideish 5.6 is definitely the cut off point where wheel bite will be unbearable to I.

Where I live in Marblehead Massachusetts there's no spots close together anymore.
 They didn't hot top the holes last year. They used this filler shit that's like wood chips kinda.

The plows blew it to pieces some places others You're car rolls the shit up like astro turf for a mall picnic around your tire.
I seen photos of wheels looking looking looking like a fuckin swiss roll.

Total shit. Death pastry rough.

There's a few purple stone spots that I skate.

But yeah low trucks (my USA made thunders) I use for this one flat bar spot. The rail is quick set up. Small wheels so they don't bite. They're 149? 8.5s

Anything elsewhere no go anymore

I always felt that low trucks were for quicker set up and little wheels where for short run ups. Also prosperous 90s ground which is gone here.

I'm pretty happy with the 5.6 high and a 55mm hard f4 classics.

It's a good atv

My manny pad hrs are paying off.

(A)pl(E)

harshrealm

• Rep: 0
« Reply #346 on: March 28, 2020, 09:59:50 PM »
I emailed Deluxe about 5.6 lows recently. Here’s what they told me:

I know we are thinking/talking about the 5.6 low,  and thinking sooner or later it will happen. But we still have a lot of R&D and re-tooling to do before we make it happen. But will pass off you suggestion to the team, and just keep an eye out on our social media for updates.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: March 28, 2020, 10:00:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How much worse would you say the wheelbite/turning is compared to highs? I get a little bit of wheelbite with the highs but not bad at all, skating ~52mm ish usually. Even venture highs don't turn amazing but they're comfortable and very sufficient so I wonder how much worse the lows are.

Thinking back I don't think I got that much wheel bite riding 8" boards with 5.2 Lows plus 52mm wheels, I was riding stock bushing then which were definitely harder, took longer to break in and didn't turn as smoothly as Thunders. But I rode tight trucks for most of my life so turning isn't as much of a priority; pinch matters far more to me. My rationale is the harder bushings prevent too much turning to avoid wheel bite on Ventures.

I'm actually getting way more wheel bite on my Tensor Maglight ATG with Bones Soft Bushings and 53mm Easy Streets despite Tensors being a higher truck (53mm I think).

I know we are thinking/talking about the 5.6 low,  and thinking sooner or later it will happen. But we still have a lot of R&D and re-tooling to do before we make it happen. But will pass off you suggestion to the team, and just keep an eye out on our social media for updates.

Awww yeah, Venture 5.6 Lo on a 8.125" setup would be my jam!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #348 on: March 28, 2020, 10:19:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thinking back I don't think I got that much wheel bite riding 8" boards with 5.2 Lows plus 52mm wheels, I was riding stock bushing then which were definitely harder, took longer to break in and didn't turn as smoothly as Thunders. But I rode tight trucks for most of my life so turning isn't as much of a priority; pinch matters far more to me. My rationale is the harder bushings prevent too much turning to avoid wheel bite on Ventures.

I'm actually getting way more wheel bite on my Tensor Maglight ATG with Bones Soft Bushings and 53mm Easy Streets despite Tensors being a higher truck (53mm I think).

Expand Quote

[close]

i think atg was advertised as 55mm tall
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #349 on: March 28, 2020, 10:22:55 PM »

wonder how many people had to ask for them to start the R&D.

would backflip to try 5.8 lows
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #350 on: March 28, 2020, 10:48:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
i think atg was advertised as 55mm tall

Damn no wonder I'm popping weird all over the place, I knew it was not my shitty skateboarding!
Lo all day - amazing how the few mm height difference completely changes how the board feels.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #351 on: March 29, 2020, 09:07:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

I would 100 percent rock a 5.6 lo on my 8.1

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #352 on: March 29, 2020, 09:43:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I would 100 percent rock a 5.6 lo on my 8.1

Lack of 5.6 is the only thing stopping me from swapping out my Tensors for Ventures. Got 3 boards lined up for that Venture holiday.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Festivus

• Rep: 12
  • For the rest of us
« Reply #353 on: March 30, 2020, 04:05:28 PM »
Looks like they might be bringing back 6 hole baseplates

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: March 30, 2020, 04:29:22 PM »
Looks like they might be bringing back 6 hole baseplates

that's re drilled I have the a 6 hole plate still. Its not like that.
(A)pl(E)

shawngreg

« Reply #355 on: March 31, 2020, 01:14:47 PM »
just want to chime in and say, i've seen many times before people talk about swapping their top washers for the flat bones ones.  i was always skeptical that it would make much of a difference.... i was actually totally fucking wrong lol.  imo it makes the turn feel much different(better)  i've had truck madness for a minute and this def cured it.  posted my setup in that thread if anyones interested

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #356 on: March 31, 2020, 01:22:39 PM »
just want to chime in and say, i've seen many times before people talk about swapping their top washers for the flat bones ones.  i was always skeptical that it would make much of a difference.... i was actually totally fucking wrong lol.  imo it makes the turn feel much different(better)  i've had truck madness for a minute and this def cured it.  posted my setup in that thread if anyones interested

Yeah it definitely makes a difference. Though I don't know if its just me, but since the top bushing is much more exposed, I feel like its more susceptible to physical damage from smith grinds etc.

shawngreg

« Reply #357 on: March 31, 2020, 02:24:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah it definitely makes a difference. Though I don't know if its just me, but since the top bushing is much more exposed, I feel like its more susceptible to physical damage from smith grinds etc.

agreed, i had that concern too but i cant smith yet so i'll worry about it then haha

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #358 on: March 31, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »

It's partially to blame for the Indy Stage X shit turning as well. The washer binds up against the hanger after a certain point and the flat washer keeps this from happening.  If you ride tight it probably doesn't make that much of a difference.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #359 on: March 31, 2020, 06:58:04 PM »
Can you buy bones washers by themselves? Using with stock bushings better off?