Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349595 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #390 on: April 03, 2020, 12:11:32 PM »
Rocking a titanium hanger (5.6) on a cast plate right now. Pretty dreamy setup

lol.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #391 on: April 03, 2020, 12:27:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol.
Laugh it up pal  :P

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #392 on: April 03, 2020, 12:44:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

lol.
[close]
Hey. I'm gonna go full goon too and do Ticast Indy's. Once I change the bushings they'll be about $100 retail. Doesn't make me feel kooky, not at all. And I never trip on having a board that is worth almost $300.
But really.. I'm gonna run ticast..

sadnocomply

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2020, 01:04:29 PM »

Hey. I'm gonna go full goon too and do Ticast Indy's. Once I change the bushings they'll be about $100 retail. Doesn't make me feel kooky, not at all. And I never trip on having a board that is worth almost $300.
But really.. I'm gonna run ticast..
[/quote]
Nothing wrong with that I use to run indy tits for a couple years never had any problems with all 3 pair. Switched to venture this year. It’s basically all the same shit I just feel better about myself getting away from the indy image in my opinion

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2020, 03:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

lol.
[close]

I thought it was a joke.
Dreamy awake.... I wish I had a ti 5.6. I had no idea they made that. I'd be stroked for a 5.6 hollow hanger.

My last hollow truck was a g&s like v3? Had less plastic
(A)pl(E)

The.Tran.Man

• Rep: -2
« Reply #395 on: April 07, 2020, 11:57:37 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaEGpgeUO8U

Evan is riding Ventures in the Embarcadero clips

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #396 on: April 07, 2020, 12:46:05 PM »

that would be so sick.

That was a killer video.  Bump to Crook fs n flip. Was Dayem
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 02:36:28 PM by Banned from the room »
(A)pl(E)

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #397 on: April 07, 2020, 01:58:56 PM »
is there a general opinion between the lights/titaniums vs standard ventures?  i have a set of 5.8ti's thats on my regular setup, i was thinking of getting a pair of 6.1s for a cruiser.  thoughts?

sadnocomply

« Reply #398 on: April 07, 2020, 02:51:32 PM »
is there a general opinion between the lights/titaniums vs standard ventures?  i have a set of 5.8ti's thats on my regular setup, i was thinking of getting a pair of 6.1s for a cruiser.  thoughts?
do it you will love both

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #399 on: April 07, 2020, 02:57:26 PM »

The vlights/titaniums/hollows have forged baseplates which means that they are lower and stretch the wheelbase out a bit more so than standard ventures with cast plates. You may like this more or less depending on your personal preferences. Besides that, the titaniums are significantly lighter than even the v-lights. Just set up some vlights (forged plate, hollow kingpin, solid axle) after retiring my titaniums, haven't skated them properly yet but just carrying the board and popping, the additional heft (which isn't necessarily bad) is definitely noticeable.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #400 on: April 07, 2020, 02:59:57 PM »

that would be pretty cool, but im pretty sure that was a homies board.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #401 on: April 08, 2020, 02:25:08 AM »
Just had my first two sessions on a new set of 5.2 titanium hi's and really really liking them so far. Got them on a really short board (WB just below 14") and the pop is amazing, the board just sticks to my back foot. Compared to the Indys I had before I don't feel a difference when I'm grinding a crusty curb, but I definitely notice a bit sharper, more sudden turn... Nothing to bad, just noticable. Hoping that will get a bit more mellow and smoother as the stock bushing break in a bit more. What is your experience with that? Never messed with aftermarket bushings in any of my trucks so far...

P.S.: The only thing I really don't like is the golden baseplate.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:28:27 AM by l1ll1ll1 »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #402 on: April 08, 2020, 08:31:50 AM »
Just had my first two sessions on a new set of 5.2 titanium hi's and really really liking them so far. Got them on a really short board (WB just below 14") and the pop is amazing, the board just sticks to my back foot. Compared to the Indys I had before I don't feel a difference when I'm grinding a crusty curb, but I definitely notice a bit sharper, more sudden turn... Nothing to bad, just noticable. Hoping that will get a bit more mellow and smoother as the stock bushing break in a bit more. What is your experience with that? Never messed with aftermarket bushings in any of my trucks so far...

Mind sharing the setup? I have a 7.75 x 31.3 x 14 traffic board that I've been wanting to setup again with Venture 5.2 V-Hollow after not finding success with Indy 139 Hollow and Thunder Hollow Lights.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #403 on: April 08, 2020, 08:41:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Mind sharing the setup? I have a 7.75 x 31.3 x 14 traffic board that I've been wanting to setup again with Venture 5.2 V-Hollow after not finding success with Indy 139 Hollow and Thunder Hollow Lights.

It's a Becky 8" deck (don't know overall length) with a 13.9 WB. Running 54 F4 tablets (probably down to 53/52 now) since all parks are closed during the lockdown and I have to visit the crustier spots. Not more wheelbite as with my forged hollow Indys – they are the same height after all. So far I can totally recommend them.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #404 on: April 09, 2020, 03:41:03 PM »
Any of you fellas tried your Venture's on a 14.5 wb? If so how was it? Thanks!

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #405 on: April 09, 2020, 03:53:36 PM »

hefty but good yield, was fine for me because I was just coming down from longer wheelbases too. might be a bit much if you're used to stuff much shorter though.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: April 09, 2020, 04:21:31 PM »

It took like 12 skate hrs to normalize was like a 1/2" wb change because I was riding Ace on the older board

I had issues with impossible and switch front big spins which is abnormal. That fixed its self.

I'm back on a shorter WB again and things are really working out. I feel like throwing the bigger WB has strengthened my powers too.

The gains I've experienced at the ledge and with straight flip tricks is worth the large wb change.

The thing id be worried about was the fingers of flat. That's the most important thing about ventures I feel. So if you got a 14.5 WB I hope the board is 32 or better
(A)pl(E)

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #407 on: April 09, 2020, 04:23:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hefty but good yield, was fine for me because I was just coming down from longer wheelbases too. might be a bit much if you're used to stuff much shorter though.
Thanks! I always have used 14.25, I wasn't sure if it will make a huge difference or not. Im definitely not looking to have to put more effort into fliptricks, I just wanted to try something different.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #408 on: April 09, 2020, 04:31:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It took like 12 skate hrs to normalize was like a 1/2" wb change because I was riding Ace on the older board

I had issues with impossible and switch front big spins which is abnormal. That fixed its self.

I'm back on a shorter WB again and things are really working out. I feel like throwing the bigger WB has strengthened my powers too.

The gains I've experienced at the ledge and with straight flip tricks is worth the large wb change.

The thing id be worried about was the fingers of flat. That's the most important thing about ventures I feel. So if you got a 14.5 WB I hope the board is 32 or better
Yes sir its 32.2, I am mainly concerned about 360 flips and impossibles becoming more effort.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #409 on: April 09, 2020, 05:45:09 PM »
They will undoubtedly become way more effort.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #410 on: April 10, 2020, 07:21:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yes sir its 32.2, I am mainly concerned about 360 flips and impossibles becoming more effort.

I ride long WBs on Ventures. I’m tall-ish and until recently skated a lot of transition. It’s an OK setup for that but it’s dogshit for tech.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #411 on: April 10, 2020, 11:17:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I ride long WBs on Ventures. I’m tall-ish and until recently skated a lot of transition. It’s an OK setup for that but it’s dogshit for tech.
Thanks for the heads up, I will just put my indy 144's on it

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #412 on: April 10, 2020, 01:37:06 PM »
There doesn't appear to be an official Venture replacement bushing set available. What other brands would be close to what comes stock on Ventures?

sadnocomply

« Reply #413 on: April 10, 2020, 01:40:43 PM »
There doesn't appear to be an official Venture replacement bushing set available. What other brands would be close to what comes stock on Ventures?
dlx supercush, ace lows, bones, indy cylinders all work

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #414 on: April 10, 2020, 02:07:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
thanks.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #415 on: April 10, 2020, 02:37:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
thanks.

I think the ace lows only work as the top bushing, for the bottom you might need ace normals

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #416 on: April 10, 2020, 03:17:19 PM »
I’ve had two duros of supercush and they broke in within an hour

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #417 on: April 10, 2020, 04:21:59 PM »
I’m using the hard Doh Dohs and they work perfect. The bottom bushing is a tad bit taller than the stock venture bottom bushing though, so it’s probably gonna throw the geometry a bit off, but it’s nothing I could notice.

sadnocomply

« Reply #418 on: April 10, 2020, 04:37:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
thanks.
[close]

I think the ace lows only work as the top bushing, for the bottom you might need ace normals

Good catch TZ! You still running those 8.25-8.3 quasi’s?

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: April 10, 2020, 04:49:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
thanks.
[close]

[close]

Good catch TZ! You still running those 8.25-8.3 quasi’s?

I'm skating the 8.25 I got right now. 14.37 wb just under 32 length. Shape is pretty good, took me a few sessions to get used to how flat it was, especially because I was coming from a super steep DOA shape. At first it felt like the board was a month old lol.

Flat shape is feeling pretty good now, I definitely prefer flatter kicks over steep ones especially on Ventures for what I skate. I quite like the shape of the kicks too, not stupid square but still a nice full shape with a well defined zone to flick off of. If anything, perhaps a slightly steeper tail would be nice but not necessary.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that durable, seems to chip/dent/pressure crack a bit easier than generator boards... only been about 2 weeks and its still great for now, but the early symptoms aren't so promising. I definitely think generator wood is more reliable, whereas PS is a bit more hit or miss.