Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349579 times)

PeskOne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • Skateboarding: Only drug worth the side effects.
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #420 on: April 12, 2020, 04:07:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There doesn't appear to be an official Venture replacement bushing set available. What other brands would be close to what comes stock on Ventures?
[close]
dlx supercush, ace lows, bones, indy cylinders all work
[close]
thanks.
[close]

I think the ace lows only work as the top bushing, for the bottom you might need ace normals
[close]

Good catch TZ! You still running those 8.25-8.3 quasi’s?
[close]

I'm skating the 8.25 I got right now. 14.37 wb just under 32 length. Shape is pretty good, took me a few sessions to get used to how flat it was, especially because I was coming from a super steep DOA shape. At first it felt like the board was a month old lol.

Flat shape is feeling pretty good now, I definitely prefer flatter kicks over steep ones especially on Ventures for what I skate. I quite like the shape of the kicks too, not stupid square but still a nice full shape with a well defined zone to flick off of. If anything, perhaps a slightly steeper tail would be nice but not necessary.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that durable, seems to chip/dent/pressure crack a bit easier than generator boards... only been about 2 weeks and its still great for now, but the early symptoms aren't so promising. I definitely think generator wood is more reliable, whereas PS is a bit more hit or miss.

Got my new setup, hopefully will go to the park today. Got Primitive 8.125, WB 14 amd Venture 5.6. Primitve feels good to stand on im hyped, i just wonder if the tail might be very steep. And if fingers of flat, is more positive with Venture if you like small wheelbase or less fingers of flat better? Want snappy pop, im afraid of ghost popping alot, but as fast i get used to the Ventures im sure i will like it more and more. Also thinking about flater boards may be better for Venture, just a thought. Flat boards i have had before have suprisingly made flip tricks cleaner.
Skateboarding an addiction stronger than Heroin.

PeskOne

• Rep: 10
  • Skateboarding: Only drug worth the side effects.
« Reply #421 on: April 12, 2020, 05:02:57 AM »
Was just out with the new setup to the store, felt great, a bit more ghost popping especially the first ollies. But felt like after every try i got more adjusted. I might go to the pool today again, clean floor, just to get adjusted. Its a small squared pool straight floor with awsome ground, feels good to ride on and just do manuals feels good. Its empty of water this time of year. The sad thing is sometimes angry wiches come and scream at you. Yesterday i was super nice to everyone who looked or came by, also joked with the old ladies on the bench when i went away to make it more positive and less angry people, they see im just human falling practicing.
Skateboarding an addiction stronger than Heroin.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #422 on: April 15, 2020, 02:30:53 PM »
switched my cruiser's 169s for 6.1s and its pretty cray! honestly did not expect these ventures to turn so deep. thank you a-list bobby <3

only problem is im getting much more wheelbite on my mini super juices. gotta be honest and say i hate risers; they are not going on any of my setups. should i move on from stock bushings or just try to tighten them? i might have some orange indy and/or bones hard bushings somewhere in this house... i think
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2020, 03:45:25 PM »
If your 6.1 are brand new then they will tighten up after an hour or so if riding. I was shocked by how squishy mine felt at first. Once mine tightened up I swapped the top washer for a flat bones washer like I did on my 5.8 and they are feeling good.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #424 on: April 15, 2020, 03:49:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There doesn't appear to be an official Venture replacement bushing set available. What other brands would be close to what comes stock on Ventures?
[close]
dlx supercush, ace lows, bones, indy cylinders all work
[close]
thanks.
[close]

I think the ace lows only work as the top bushing, for the bottom you might need ace normals
[close]

Good catch TZ! You still running those 8.25-8.3 quasi’s?
[close]

I'm skating the 8.25 I got right now. 14.37 wb just under 32 length. Shape is pretty good, took me a few sessions to get used to how flat it was, especially because I was coming from a super steep DOA shape. At first it felt like the board was a month old lol.

Flat shape is feeling pretty good now, I definitely prefer flatter kicks over steep ones especially on Ventures for what I skate. I quite like the shape of the kicks too, not stupid square but still a nice full shape with a well defined zone to flick off of. If anything, perhaps a slightly steeper tail would be nice but not necessary.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that durable, seems to chip/dent/pressure crack a bit easier than generator boards... only been about 2 weeks and its still great for now, but the early symptoms aren't so promising. I definitely think generator wood is more reliable, whereas PS is a bit more hit or miss.
[close]

Got my new setup, hopefully will go to the park today. Got Primitive 8.125, WB 14 amd Venture 5.6. Primitve feels good to stand on im hyped, i just wonder if the tail might be very steep. And if fingers of flat, is more positive with Venture if you like small wheelbase or less fingers of flat better? Want snappy pop, im afraid of ghost popping alot, but as fast i get used to the Ventures im sure i will like it more and more. Also thinking about flater boards may be better for Venture, just a thought. Flat boards i have had before have suprisingly made flip tricks cleaner.

I'm about to setup an 8.125" Primitive on 5.6s (previously riding Tensors on it). I've ridden 8.25/8.3/8.125 primitives of late, I love to hate them. Fucking Dragon ball z graphics on killer shapes :P but whatever. Love the shapes and they pair the best with ventures/thunders, i.e., lower trucks that push out the wheelbase some (tho ribero rides indies on these 14" WB soooo); My manuls on the primitives with ventures worked great for me and I am not a 'manual guy'.

I find the decks are pretty flat, full with medium kicks and short tails (8.25" have long tails oddly). Shapes are full/round, not point, not blunt.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #425 on: April 15, 2020, 04:27:44 PM »

switched my cruiser's 169s for 6.1s and its pretty cray! honestly did not expect these ventures to turn so deep. thank you a-list bobby <3

only problem is im getting much more wheelbite on my mini super juices. gotta be honest and say i hate risers; they are not going on any of my setups. should i move on from stock bushings or just try to tighten them? i might have some orange indy and/or bones hard bushings somewhere in this house... i think

Did the same on my Dane 1. Change the 169 + risers to 6.1 for a few. Popped good. I ordered 97a supercush to not have to tighten the stock (yellow bottom, thunder top) bushings even more after breaking em in a bit. I waa getting some wheel bite  being 20lbs w 54mm
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:29:34 PM by jay_nev »

CBP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #426 on: April 15, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »
In case anyone else was wondering.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #427 on: April 15, 2020, 07:48:34 PM »

I thought it stopped in 2016
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2020, 08:30:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

More reason to support, if true.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2020, 09:10:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A while ago I think the consensus was they're still made in SF, but with the use of hardware (nuts, kingpins, washers, bushings etc.) sourced from overseas/Mexico they don't stamp "USA" anymore on the baseplate. Which was where Indy caught hell under some federal guideline when they were still stamping their baseplate using imported hardware on the truck.

Probably would help if DLX attached a tag with "Made in USA with foreign and domestic parts" or something.

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #430 on: April 16, 2020, 07:09:23 AM »
thats awesome to see that theyre still made in the US....or at least mostly

additionally, does anyone have a pair of 5.8 v-lights they would like to sell me?  ;D

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #431 on: April 16, 2020, 07:37:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

that's bullshit man something fucked off you don't keep sending it money.

Why you stirring up MUD. People need to get on ventures like yesterday.

I want local trucks.  Also we lost that lotties shirt shit. Fucking Nazis are still on it.

I was about to order one yesterday but I took the time to where's waldo the back of a black t.

Shalom
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: April 16, 2020, 10:11:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

that's bullshit man something fucked off you don't keep sending it money.

Why you stirring up MUD. People need to get on ventures like yesterday.

I want local trucks.  Also we lost that lotties shirt shit. Fucking Nazis are still on it.

I was about to order one yesterday but I took the time to where's waldo the back of a black t.

Shalom
orchard didn’t have the lotties shop specific tee?

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #433 on: April 16, 2020, 11:57:04 AM »
yup i was gonna order the Labor one but when I saw Two Felons still up there the stoke dissipated real quick...
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: April 16, 2020, 12:00:25 PM »

As I couldn't find any Thunder Ti 148s that didn't cost an arm and a leg with shipping, I went with Ti 5.6 Venture (Prods,  gold hanger graphic isn't really that noticeable) and since I am not really skating anything bu flatland in the driveway, any 53/52mm truck will do. They were delivered this morning and with a bit tweaking this is what I ended up with:

• Swapped gold (bleh) for silver forged plates from my kids board (she is riding 5.6 V-lites)
  • ACE regs bottom, low tops dual duro bushings (new ones)
  • Acer Racing Ti Kingpin and Axle nuts
  • Riptide cups (new ones with the pinhole) they're the indy ones but fit perfect
  • Muir skate machined washers (they have a metal insert that act like bones plastic washers/insert)

Talk about Caronabordem :P

No idea what the deal was but each stock pivot cup just fell out when I took the truck apart, they weren't as snug as usual.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:03:09 PM by Xen »

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #435 on: April 16, 2020, 12:59:39 PM »

As I couldn't find any Thunder Ti 148s that didn't cost an arm and a leg with shipping, I went with Ti 5.6 Venture (Prods,  gold hanger graphic isn't really that noticeable) and since I am not really skating anything bu flatland in the driveway, any 53/52mm truck will do. They were delivered this morning and with a bit tweaking this is what I ended up with:

• Swapped gold (bleh) for silver forged plates from my kids board (she is riding 5.6 V-lites)
  • Riptide cups (new ones with the pinhole) they're the indy ones but fit perfect
  • Muir skate machined washers (they have a metal insert that act like bones plastic washers/insert)

Wow!  You win the tech truck award.  I can't help but notice though, 1" hardware and yet you have special Ti nuts?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #436 on: April 16, 2020, 01:08:42 PM »

No idea what the deal was but each stock pivot cup just fell out when I took the truck apart, they weren't as snug as usual.

Wow, are those kingpins/axle nuts and the machined washers worth it over the normal bones flat top and normal kingpin/axle nuts? Any differences besides the aesthetics? I always end up getting green riptides but the light blue ones look super sick, wonder if they feel different... And as always tempted to try the ace bushing combo, but reluctant to buy two sets of bushings for it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #437 on: April 16, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wow!  You win the tech truck award.  I can't help but notice though, 1" hardware and yet you have special Ti nuts?

They're actually 7/8" Thunder bolts with Shorty's nuts - I never actually checked to see if the Shorty's bolts were shorter than regular brands. Will dismantle a bolt and check. EDIT: They're the same size as all the bolts I have kicking around...forged plate and low profile bolts is all.

Wow, are those kingpins/axle nuts and the machined washers worth it over the normal bones flat top and normal kingpin/axle nuts? Any differences besides the aesthetics? I always end up getting green riptides but the light blue ones look super sick, wonder if they feel different... And as always tempted to try the ace bushing combo, but reluctant to buy two sets of bushings for it.

Probably not :P

Riptide says they are molded for each truck, specifically, perhaps they are right but I've never noticed a difference, besides, it's plastic/urethane, it will squash out and deform anyway. There is a noticeable difference between the ACE and Indy ones tho, you can see it just looking at them (the ACE have a taller 'lip').

When I jumped on the Venture 2020 bandwagon, the only way I could get them to feel right was with Bones Softs and the Ace combo...the conicals felt tippy to me and the ACEs more how I think Venture (since they come with barrels stock) are supposed to feel. Personally ANY trucks that runs barrels feels better with ACEs dual duro combo. YMMV.

The Ti nuts for axle and pins are lower profile, I was able to get in an extra washer on the axles (inside); they're not that much lower, 1-2 mm maybe...they are, however much lighter if that matters.

The washers do give the bushings a bit more snap, I rode them without prior. I like flat washers as it is as they won't bind on the top bushing (venture stock washer do this) and a flat bottom, if you ride loose, let's the bottom bushing fully deform.

Probably not worth it at all but I'm bored :P
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:28:14 PM by Xen »

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #438 on: April 16, 2020, 02:14:30 PM »
hell yeah Xen haha love the truck madness.  i swapped the gold baseplate on my Ti's for a silver forged plate from a pair V-lights also.  added the riptides, kept the stock bushings, but put a bones top washer.  dreamy my dude

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #439 on: April 16, 2020, 02:33:19 PM »
hell yeah Xen haha love the truck madness.  i swapped the gold baseplate on my Ti's for a silver forged plate from a pair V-lights also.  added the riptides, kept the stock bushings, but put a bones top washer.  dreamy my dude

Not a fan of the gold theme they have going for the Ti trucks...seems weird to me to not offer regular raw/silver...who are they marketing to with that?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:08:47 PM by Xen »

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #440 on: April 16, 2020, 02:38:19 PM »
Useful info! May I ask what you prefer about the ace bushing combo besides the fact that its softer. Did you have any gripes with stock bushings asides from the fact that it was too hard? And just wondering, how loose do you skate?

The wheel/hardware and kingpin nuts look pretty cool, and honestly might cop if they were a little bit cheaper. I can't imagine the weight difference they make being more than the difference between solid trucks and hollows... maybe I'm wrong. Also wonder how the titanium kingpin would fare for smith grinds, if it would catch easier, or maybe be better...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #441 on: April 16, 2020, 02:47:51 PM »
Useful info! May I ask what you prefer about the ace bushing combo besides the fact that its softer. Did you have any gripes with stock bushings asides from the fact that it was too hard? And just wondering, how loose do you skate?

The wheel/hardware and kingpin nuts look pretty cool, and honestly might cop if they were a little bit cheaper. I can't imagine the weight difference they make being more than the difference between solid trucks and hollows... maybe I'm wrong. Also wonder how the titanium kingpin would fare for smith grinds, if it would catch easier, or maybe be better...

I ride loose so softer is always better for me. I'm lazy so if I don't have to break in bushings, I won't and I love the way the ACE bushings feel (they're great in Indys).

Didn't like the stock purples I had on my hollow 5.6s, fell squashy, no rebound; the white ones that came on the Ti, feel the same (still have a purple combo from my kids trucks, set them up on bones as they are featherweight in size).

The ACE urethane is clearly nicer, dual duro is just icing really (and something I've run before using the ACEs. You can clearly see and feel the quality difference between the stock Ventures and the ACEs just by holding them.

I remember a few posts back someone mentioned using the ACE lows (could be in the context of venture lows). But the ACE bottom is the same size as Indy/Venture stock bottoms and the ACE low top is the same as all the other top bushings out there (ace reg top being super tall).

Anyway: NOTE: using a top machine washer as I have two sets but only one set of bigger bottom washers (no, they're not yours dude ;))

ACE LOW bottom left, machine washer | STOCK Venture right

ACE Low Left stock venture washer  | STOCK Venture right

It's a lot of useless truck nerdery!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:09:40 PM by Xen »

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #442 on: April 16, 2020, 03:10:02 PM »
pretty convincing, I'm closer and closer to pulling the trigger... which flat washers did you get exactly from muir? Would you mind linking me? And how durable are the ace bushings in ventures? After a while my bushings sometimes split or start to peel, have you noticed any durability issues?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #443 on: April 16, 2020, 03:31:19 PM »
pretty convincing, I'm closer and closer to pulling the trigger... which flat washers did you get exactly from muir? Would you mind linking me? And how durable are the ace bushings in ventures? After a while my bushings sometimes split or start to peel, have you noticed any durability issues?

https://www.muirskate.com/

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/54091/array-machined-barrel-sleeved-washer-cone-sleeved-washer-combo-pack-four-pack

I've run these bushings for about 2 two wks in ventures (not this set but a different pair and was really into slappies); the set was run in indys in a (transition) park setting for about a month. They hold up great.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #444 on: April 16, 2020, 03:46:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/54091/array-machined-barrel-sleeved-washer-cone-sleeved-washer-combo-pack-four-pack

I've run these bushings for about 2 two wks in ventures (not this set but a different pair and was really into slappies); the set was run in indys in a (transition) park setting for about a month. They hold up great.

Thanks! Just got these and the ace normal/low bushings. No real complaints about my ventures as is tbh but anything to nerd out  8)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #445 on: April 16, 2020, 04:10:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks! Just got these and the ace normal/low bushings. No real complaints about my ventures as is tbh but anything to nerd out  8)

Sweet, enjoy!

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2020, 06:29:06 PM »

How is having the extended wheelbase of the forged working with that 6.5 tail. I want to try some ti ventures and I’m currently on the cast hi’s but worry about it feeling too short

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #447 on: April 16, 2020, 06:43:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
How is having the extended wheelbase of the forged working with that 6.5 tail. I want to try some ti ventures and I’m currently on the cast hi’s but worry about it feeling too short

Are you able to get a tape measure out to check how much the Venture Titanium extend the WB out?
Cast plates - 3.4-3.5"
Forged - 3.25"

Could you help check those measurements?

Also, how could Krux bushing work with Ventures? Or we sticking to stock bushing?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2020, 06:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Are you able to get a tape measure out to check how much the Venture Titanium extend the WB out?
Cast plates - 3.4-3.5"
Forged - 3.25"

Could you help check those measurements?

Also, how could Krux bushing work with Ventures? Or we sticking to stock bushing?
Wait.. the forged extend it less?

Don’t make me spend more money

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2020, 07:01:10 PM »
Yeah think that’s flipped. My cast 6.1 are 3.25” or so