Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349346 times)

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #450 on: April 16, 2020, 07:04:51 PM »
Yeah think that’s flipped. My cast 6.1 are 3.25” or so

Yeah me too. But ya know... 2020 has been a wild year

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #451 on: April 16, 2020, 07:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

As I couldn't find any Thunder Ti 148s that didn't cost an arm and a leg with shipping, I went with Ti 5.6 Venture (Prods,  gold hanger graphic isn't really that noticeable) and since I am not really skating anything bu flatland in the driveway, any 53/52mm truck will do. They were delivered this morning and with a bit tweaking this is what I ended up with:

• Swapped gold (bleh) for silver forged plates from my kids board (she is riding 5.6 V-lites)
  • ACE regs bottom, low tops dual duro bushings (new ones)
  • Acer Racing Ti Kingpin and Axle nuts
  • Riptide cups (new ones with the pinhole) they're the indy ones but fit perfect
  • Muir skate machined washers (they have a metal insert that act like bones plastic washers/insert)

Talk about Caronabordem :P

No idea what the deal was but each stock pivot cup just fell out when I took the truck apart, they weren't as snug as usual.
[close]
How is having the extended wheelbase of the forged working with that 6.5 tail. I want to try some ti ventures and I’m currently on the cast hi’s but worry about it feeling too short
[close]

Are you able to get a tape measure out to check how much the Venture Titanium extend the WB out?
Cast plates - 3.4-3.5" 3.25"
Forged - 3.25" 3.4-3.5"

Could you help check those measurements?

Also, how could Krux bushing work with Ventures? Or we sticking to stock bushing?
[close]
Wait.. the forged extend it less?

Don’t make me spend more money

Corrected it.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #452 on: April 16, 2020, 07:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

As I couldn't find any Thunder Ti 148s that didn't cost an arm and a leg with shipping, I went with Ti 5.6 Venture (Prods,  gold hanger graphic isn't really that noticeable) and since I am not really skating anything bu flatland in the driveway, any 53/52mm truck will do. They were delivered this morning and with a bit tweaking this is what I ended up with:

• Swapped gold (bleh) for silver forged plates from my kids board (she is riding 5.6 V-lites)
  • Riptide cups (new ones with the pinhole) they're the indy ones but fit perfect
  • Muir skate machined washers (they have a metal insert that act like bones plastic washers/insert)

No idea what the deal was but each stock pivot cup just fell out when I took the truck apart, they weren't as snug as usual.
[close]
How is having the extended wheelbase of the forged working with that 6.5 tail. I want to try some ti ventures and I’m currently on the cast hi’s but worry about it feeling too short
[close]

Are you able to get a tape measure out to check how much the Venture Titanium extend the WB out?
Forged - 3.25" 3.4-3.5"

Also, how could Krux bushing work with Ventures? Or we sticking to stock bushing?
[close]

[close]

Corrected it.

About 3.5/3.6

I'd imagine Krux work great, same size and whatnot.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #453 on: April 16, 2020, 08:03:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Forged - 3.25" 3.4-3.5"

[close]

[close]

Corrected it.
[close]

About 3.5/3.6

I'd imagine Krux work great, same size and whatnot.
they work well but you have to shave the bottom down a bit.

PeskOne

• Rep: 10
  • Skateboarding: Only drug worth the side effects.
« Reply #454 on: April 20, 2020, 08:11:39 AM »
Noticed today that I been riding my Ventures wrong since I changed to the Primitive 8.125 and 5.6 v lights. I thought because the longer wheelbase I had to stand closer with my feet. But today they felt like shit got much better. With 14 wheelbase Ventures are perfect to stand comfortable with my feet, they are spread out exactly how I want it. I'm so happy right now that I tried Ventures again. I just need to get a little bit more used to them before advancing more :) Also coming from winter break. But the basic stuff back just needs to clean it up a bit.

Edit: People say Ventures don't grind as good. On my way home I stopped by a stair made of plates supers crunchy never skated never waxed. I was just gonna check if I could come up 50 50 easy and crux without problems and I even slid. Only trucks waxed, felt like they grinded better than Thunder for sure. Not sure about Indyus doe :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 08:19:17 AM by PeskOne »
Skateboarding an addiction stronger than Heroin.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #455 on: April 22, 2020, 03:19:26 AM »
Got two questions for Venture riders...
Love my 5.2 Ti's so far (3 weeks now) but:
1. They are noisier than my Indys, put some speed cream in the bushings which made it better, but didn't stop.
2. Right now they tend to stay a little bit dipped, when I get off the board, so the board doesnt roll straight but into one direction (if you know what I mean). Never had that with Indys.
Any tips or are both of these issues just disappearing with time, when the bushing gonna break in some more?
Thanks for any input in advance...

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #456 on: April 22, 2020, 05:42:29 AM »

Did you weight and compare them to stock nuts? Thanks

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #457 on: April 22, 2020, 06:20:46 AM »
1. They are noisier than my Indys, put some speed cream in the bushings which made it better, but didn't stop.
2. Right now they tend to stay a little bit dipped, when I get off the board, so the board doesnt roll straight but into one direction (if you know what I mean). Never had that with Indys.
Any tips or are both of these issues just disappearing with time, when the bushing gonna break in some more?

Try some wax shavings in the pivot cups, they're usually the source of noise. Once you do that and they are broken in a bit more they'll return to center better.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #458 on: April 22, 2020, 06:57:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Try some wax shavings in the pivot cups, they're usually the source of noise. Once you do that and they are broken in a bit more they'll return to center better.

I second that.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

l1ll1ll1

« Reply #459 on: April 22, 2020, 08:15:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks guys!

PeskOne

• Rep: 10
  • Skateboarding: Only drug worth the side effects.
« Reply #460 on: April 23, 2020, 04:22:21 AM »
Do the ghost pop disappear when you get used to riding Ventures from Indys or is it a trait of Ventures you just have to deal with. I'm starting to feel like should I go back to an 8 board with 8 Indys. Or keep riding my 5.6 Ventures on my Primitive 8,125, board with 14 wheelbase. Because sometimes I feel like I'm loving the Ventures, but when I go out just to go to the store I can't even ollie I'm ghost popping. I have to warm up a lot before the ghost pop disappear and then the ollies feel way better and leveled out. Sucks being such a fucking OCDed skate nerd. I will keep riding them until I'm 100% sure.
Skateboarding an addiction stronger than Heroin.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #461 on: April 23, 2020, 04:41:11 AM »
Do the ghost pop disappear when you get used to riding Ventures from Indys or is it a trait of Ventures you just have to deal with. I'm starting to feel like should I go back to an 8 board with 8 Indys. Or keep riding my 5.6 Ventures on my Primitive 8,125, board with 14 wheelbase. Because sometimes I feel like I'm loving the Ventures, but when I go out just to go to the store I can't even ollie I'm ghost popping. I have to warm up a lot before the ghost pop disappear and then the ollies feel way better and leveled out. Sucks being such a fucking OCDed skate nerd. I will keep riding them until I'm 100% sure.
how many fingers of flat? And diff wb? Feel like there are more factors there too

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #462 on: April 23, 2020, 04:54:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
how many fingers of flat? And diff wb? Feel like there are more factors there too
No flat between the bolts and nose or tail is a deal breaker with Ventures for sure.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #463 on: April 23, 2020, 05:09:48 AM »
Shit. One of the reasons I moved from Indy to venture is I felt like I was ghost popping way too much on indys.

^So based on that logic, if I rode Indys with no fingers of flat, would I experience less ghost pop on Indys?

l1ll1ll1

« Reply #464 on: April 23, 2020, 05:17:16 AM »

Just made the switch from Indys three weeks ago, boards I rode so far with the 5.2hi's had both a 14WB: I had to pop a little (!) different. Just pointed my back foot an idea more into the direction of my tail (instead of having it "parallel" to the back truck). Got way less ghost pop than with Indys now, didnt have that much before anyway. But got a way better pop now, much more consistent, way more confidence into jumping on/over bigger stuff, won't go back.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #465 on: April 23, 2020, 05:41:02 AM »
Shit. One of the reasons I moved from Indy to venture is I felt like I was ghost popping way too much on indys.

^So based on that logic, if I rode Indys with no fingers of flat, would I experience less ghost pop on Indys?
In my experience my best bet is Ventures with a board that has the flat and a shorter wb. Indys with a board that has little or no flat with a longer wb.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #466 on: April 23, 2020, 05:46:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just made the switch from Indys three weeks ago, boards I rode so far with the 5.2hi's had both a 14WB: I had to pop a little (!) different. Just pointed my back foot an idea more into the direction of my tail (instead of having it "parallel" to the back truck). Got way less ghost pop than with Indys now, didnt have that much before anyway. But got a way better pop now, much more consistent, way more confidence into jumping on/over bigger stuff, won't go back.
That is 100% true for me as well..great advice

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #467 on: April 23, 2020, 06:17:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
That is 100% true for me as well..great advice

Yeah props to both of you for the advice!

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #468 on: April 23, 2020, 06:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
In my experience my best bet is Ventures with a board that has the flat and a shorter wb. Indys with a board that has little or no flat with a longer wb.
What boards have you found to have that combo? For ventures I mean. Can’t really go into my local atm

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #469 on: April 23, 2020, 06:54:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
What boards have you found to have that combo? For ventures I mean. Can’t really go into my local atm

I'm riding a theories brand right now 8.25 with a WB around 14.25

Generator. Its fucking nice. I usually skate rough ass shit so I can grind up a board fast. Be furring up corners in hrs sometimes.

Hopps has a dope series rn Polaroid

Good fingers of flat reasonable wb

B&C has an 8.25 with a 14" WB been told on here. Likely is got some ugly shit on it but whatever. I bet that's a dream on the manny pad.

I doubt ill ever see one.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

EchoShadow

• Rep: 2
« Reply #470 on: April 23, 2020, 07:17:42 AM »
5.8 titaniums delivered this morning. Can’t wait for it to stop raining so I can try them out. First pair of
Ventures since 2000ish, rode them most of the 90s and Indys since. Most recently 149 and 144 titanium’s.

Here are my last pair. Found this old 7.5” in the basement.

Lack of supply locally left my only option the PRods. Anybody know how to get that logo off?

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #471 on: April 23, 2020, 07:20:03 AM »
My magenta 8” 14”WB  a little shorter than 31.5 on venture 5.2 lights + 52mm F4tablet 99du is an incredible set up

Really digging newer ventures so far

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #472 on: April 23, 2020, 07:24:31 AM »
5.8 titaniums delivered this morning. Can’t wait for it to stop raining so I can try them out. First pair of
Ventures since 2000ish, rode them most of the 90s and Indys since. Most recently 149 and 144 titanium’s.

Lack of supply locally left my only option the PRods. Anybody know how to get that logo off?

Ooof. That aesthetics board damn

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #473 on: April 23, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »
My magenta 8” 14”WB  a little shorter than 31.5 on venture 5.2 lights + 52mm F4tablet 99du is an incredible set up

I was looking for a magenta board awhile back. They post like Noooo measurements.
I need width for truck pairing, but length and wb have a far greater effect on how my day is gonna go

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #474 on: April 23, 2020, 08:03:31 AM »

I took the graphics off a set of Worrest ventures with acetone nail polish remover and a razor blade.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »

I can’t stand graphics on trucks, I just prefer a raw truck. I had the worrest ventures and tried to ride them with the graphic on there but just didn’t like the way they looked. Worrest fucking rips and it’s nothing against him, I just didn’t want any graphics on there, so I used some griptape scraps and scraped the graphics off; it worked pretty well. Might take some time and some calloused fingers tho.

Like someone was saying earlier, I had way more cases of ghost popping with indys than on ventures. I ride a pretty flat board with a good amount of finger room of flat on the tail and nose with a 14.25 wheelbase and with indys the tail just felt too light and flimsy on that shape, it almost felt like I was skating on a board with an already cracked tail sometimes, which resulted in a lot of ghost pop on tricks; mainly kickflips. With ventures though the tail feels heavier and more stable and more controllable, which led to a lot less ghost pop. With a board with no finger room of flat and a long wheelbase I can see how the tail might feel a bit too solid and heavy tho to where it would be detrimental. My only advice there would be either switch to Indy or ace, switch out your board to a board with more finger room of flat and a shorter wheelbase, or just pop harder on tricks and get used to it; if you skate something long enough you’ll eventually get used to it no matter what; that adjustment period is a pain tho.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #476 on: April 23, 2020, 08:08:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was looking for a magenta board awhile back. They post like Noooo measurements.
I need width for truck pairing, but length and wb have a far greater effect on how my day is gonna go

Check out theories website . I’ve measured a bunch of their boards (bbs) and it seems mostly 8.25-8.375 is 14.25” WB , 8” is 14”, and 8.4-8.5 is 14.25”-14.5”

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #477 on: April 23, 2020, 08:25:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I can’t stand graphics on trucks, I just prefer a raw truck. I had the worrest ventures and tried to ride them with the graphic on there but just didn’t like the way they looked. Worrest fucking rips and it’s nothing against him, I just didn’t want any graphics on there, so I used some griptape scraps and scraped the graphics off; it worked pretty well. Might take some time and some calloused fingers tho.

Expand Quote
[close]
Like someone was saying earlier, I had way more cases of ghost popping with indys than on ventures. I ride a pretty flat board with a good amount of finger room of flat on the tail and nose with a 14.25 wheelbase and with indys the tail just felt too light and flimsy on that shape, it almost felt like I was skating on a board with an already cracked tail sometimes, which resulted in a lot of ghost pop on tricks; mainly kickflips. With ventures though the tail feels heavier and more stable and more controllable, which led to a lot less ghost pop. With a board with no finger room of flat and a long wheelbase I can see how the tail might feel a bit too solid and heavy tho to where it would be detrimental. My only advice there would be either switch to Indy or ace, switch out your board to a board with more finger room of flat and a shorter wheelbase, or just pop harder on tricks and get used to it; if you skate something long enough you’ll eventually get used to it no matter what; that adjustment period is a pain tho.

Just use Citristrip, itll remove those logos in like an hour and wont ruin ur trucks at all

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #478 on: April 23, 2020, 08:54:58 AM »

Lack of supply here so I bought the same pair online; truth be told, the baseplate is more offensive than the logo :P Seriously as far as truck graphics go (and I wanted to remove these as well) the art on these is really subdued and hardly prominent. I just left them as is.

EchoShadow

• Rep: 2
« Reply #479 on: April 23, 2020, 09:03:00 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions. Just didn’t want to try something on my own that would mess up the finish. Seems like any of those methods should work. Appreciated.  8)