Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349384 times)

l1ll1ll1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #540 on: April 30, 2020, 12:56:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone experience ventures getting looser as you skate them? I’ve been skating my current set (5.8 standard) for maybe 3 months all stock, started them like 2-3 turns. I tightened them up a few weeks ago and they seem way looser again. No big deal just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I go through trucks fast too, already on the axel on the back truck, lot of slappies.
[close]
I've had this experience on my ventures. I've skated 3 sets of 5.25 highs and one set of 5.25 lows. All of them I've had to periodically tighten a full turn or two from factory at some point after they've really broken in until the kingpin is almost one exposed thread showing. I can usually tell because my tre flips get soggy and rocketed when the truck starts loosening up or the bushings get mushier.

Started my 5.2 highs as they were and sadly got to tighten them up a bit now (some weeks in), since I start to get a lot of wheelbite – even though the F4 tablets I'm running have gone down from 54mm to about 52 (51?) due to crusty ground. Kind of like how loose they are now, but hate the slams.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #541 on: April 30, 2020, 01:16:48 AM »
over 52mm wheels and low trucks deserves some sort of award
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #542 on: April 30, 2020, 05:04:21 AM »
I have bones bushings coming today, does anyone know if I still use the bottom washer with Venture hi's?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #543 on: April 30, 2020, 05:58:01 AM »
I have bones bushings coming today, does anyone know if I still use the bottom washer with Venture hi's?

I haven't on my last 3 sets.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #544 on: April 30, 2020, 06:54:55 AM »

when i had the bones bushings in my titaniums i left the bottom stock washer.  just for further reference though, i ended up going back to the stock bushings and only using the bones top washer.  felt a little better to me overall

Just Giver

• Rep: 17
« Reply #545 on: April 30, 2020, 09:34:39 AM »
I skate a good bit of transition and am not good at manuals and my ledge game is mediocre -- will I hate ventures?  I'm so close to pulling the trigger on some, but I keep feeling like I won't like them.  I currently skate ACE 55s super loose.  I love them, but after only skating Indies for 15 years and then one set of ACEs, I'm curious to try something new.  I just really don't want to waste money.  I would get the 6.1s.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #546 on: April 30, 2020, 09:40:49 AM »
I skate a good bit of transition and am not good at manuals and my ledge game is mediocre -- will I hate ventures?  I'm so close to pulling the trigger on some, but I keep feeling like I won't like them.  I currently skate ACE 55s super loose.  I love them, but after only skating Indies for 15 years and then one set of ACEs, I'm curious to try something new.  I just really don't want to waste money.  I would get the 6.1s.

I'd pass if I were you.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #547 on: April 30, 2020, 09:45:08 AM »

Haven’t had 55s, nor 6.1s. Currently really want 6.1s.
I went out on 2 different setups, in one day, you know, like a crazy person. One w/ 44s, one w/ 5.2 hi’s. I’ve got the ventures really loose. They turn really well imo. I think you’d probably need some time to break them in, and then they’ll feel great. If you rode Indy for 15 years you skated stage 10s, and sometimes people equate venture hi’s to stage 10s. Ish.

Just Giver

« Reply #548 on: April 30, 2020, 10:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd pass if I were you.
My brain has been telling me that, but, goddamnit, their marketing is powerful. 

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #549 on: April 30, 2020, 10:16:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd pass if I were you.
[close]

Also extremely relevant that I skipped past: transition. I don’t skate it. So keep that in mind with what I rambled above

Just Giver

« Reply #550 on: April 30, 2020, 10:22:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd pass if I were you.
[close]
[close]

Also extremely relevant that I skipped past: transition. I don’t skate it. So keep that in mind with what I rambled above
Thank you.  I skate transition, but I mainly skate street transitions that I find these days.  Ditches, fountains, and random DIYs were the transition is kind of sporadic and you push in between.  I'm not carving as much as if I were skating a bowl. 

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #551 on: April 30, 2020, 10:52:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd pass if I were you.
[close]
[close]

[close]
Thank you.  I skate transition, but I mainly skate street transitions that I find these days.  Ditches, fountains, and random DIYs were the transition is kind of sporadic and you push in between.  I'm not carving as much as if I were skating a bowl.

Well street tranny vs park/bowl tranny, you should do fine with Ventures then; my statement comes from having used ventures and ACE (And thunder, ML, Indy, Theeve, Tensor...) all the in the same parks (big boy bowls and 1/4 or minis), for the big boy stuff, ACE or Indy all the way - everything else, any truck will do out of the mainstream brands; there are people that shred on everything but you're talking about moving from one camp to the other and it usually doesn't go well, but you might like the stability of Ventures?  Thunders might be a better move?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #552 on: April 30, 2020, 10:53:55 AM »
Go for it. Can always resell em if you hate. 6.1 pretty popular and were somewhat hard to find

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #553 on: April 30, 2020, 01:21:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

when i had the bones bushings in my titaniums i left the bottom stock washer.  just for further reference though, i ended up going back to the stock bushings and only using the bones top washer.  felt a little better to me overall

Bones fit fine with no bottom washer, ran both soft and hard (and combos of each) but ultimately felt the ride was better on barrel bushings (better stability on center).

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #554 on: April 30, 2020, 01:48:48 PM »
Thanks guys I put them on without the bottom washer. Unfortunately its pouring out so I will have to try them out tomorrow.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #555 on: May 01, 2020, 01:18:37 AM »

would you consider thunder 147’s low? I ran 53’s on them for a solid 6 months lol
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #556 on: May 01, 2020, 02:06:38 AM »
Once did Thunder 149 standards with 56mm classics and didn't notice wheelbite affecting me that much. Though it was years ago and I'm much more concerned about gear now.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #557 on: May 01, 2020, 06:49:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

would you consider thunder 147’s low? I ran 53’s on them for a solid 6 months lol
im on thunder forged with 53 conical fulls and i cant wait for these to wear down to 51. getting broke tf off by wheelbite is the most annoying shit. its like getting kicked in the nuts, embarrassing then painful

Once did Thunder 149 standards with 56mm classics and didn't notice wheelbite affecting me that much. Though it was years ago and I'm much more concerned about gear now.
i wish i could for street but thats borderline masochism for me. congrats on pal status!
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2020, 08:34:16 AM »
Anyone ever ran 5.8's on 8.75/9" Decks?

are they tippy and feel like a magic carpet?

Meathook

• Rep: 62
« Reply #559 on: May 01, 2020, 09:19:53 AM »
Anyone ever ran 5.8's on 8.75/9" Decks?

are they tippy and feel like a magic carpet?

I’m running 5.8 on a scumco 8.75 (measures 8-7/8”) and it doesn’t feel super weird.  Coming from 8-3/8” it takes a bit to get used to but it’s not bad.  Got this board on sale and it’s probably one of the last Pennswood Scumco’s so I wanted it.  I have my own qualms with this deck but it’s a more a wheelbase thing and not a “deck vs truck width” thing.  I think once you get to 8-1/2” trucks they are more stable so you don’t get AS much of a magic carpet feeling compare to say 8” trucks on an 8.25” or larger deck.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #560 on: May 01, 2020, 09:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd pass if I were you.
[close]
[close]

[close]

IDK. If you like the ace truck wide open and on a large WB it's going to feel like starting all over again for a while.

They rule on the mini ramp though.

This is the second reason why I switched

Also I needed my skate to become difficult again to progress in my mind.

I can't let it fall away to boredom or I'm a dead man
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 04:33:28 PM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #561 on: May 01, 2020, 02:26:47 PM »
Venture cured my truck madness.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #562 on: May 01, 2020, 06:17:47 PM »
Venture got me off drugs and back into school

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #563 on: May 02, 2020, 01:09:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Venture got me off drugs and back into school

Venture keeping me sane from isolation
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #564 on: May 02, 2020, 01:16:16 PM »
Venture kept me from spreading the virus
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:12:29 PM by sadnocomply »

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #565 on: May 02, 2020, 06:09:26 PM »
Venture is the most stable thing in my life right now

sadnocomply

« Reply #566 on: May 02, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_sCwtLpCtr/?igshid=5v62w2rgml6x
If there is a 5.6 in these sign me up  :)

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #567 on: May 02, 2020, 07:32:50 PM »
im no expert but i do think thats a popular size for ventures. you might be in luck

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #568 on: May 02, 2020, 07:38:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
im no expert but i do think thats a popular size for ventures. you might be in luck
It is but I almost wanna bet they go with a 5.2 and 5.8

sadnocomply

« Reply #569 on: May 02, 2020, 07:54:34 PM »
The yellow baseplate looks like a big boi 6.1 or 5.8 at the least