Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349562 times)

Murray Hewitt and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tangar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #570 on: May 02, 2020, 08:31:07 PM »
Venture is the most stable thing in my life right now
100 emoji. I hope they make the Thrasher ones in 6.1. praying hands emoji.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2020, 08:34:17 PM »
I wonder how hard it’d be to scrub the THR SHER off of there cucumber emoji
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #572 on: May 03, 2020, 03:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Venture is the most stable thing in my life right now
[close]
100 emoji. I hope they make the Thrasher ones in 6.1. praying hands emoji.
for sure. Wonder when they make 6.1 forged in general

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #573 on: May 04, 2020, 12:13:01 PM »

Venture posted the sizing of the Thrasher trucks.  They are the standard team editions in most sizes.  Stoked! 

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #574 on: May 04, 2020, 12:15:13 PM »

Venture posted the sizing of the Thrasher trucks.  They are the standard team editions in most sizes.  Stoked! 
Fuck yes so stoked.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #575 on: May 04, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Fuck yes so stoked.

Hi/lo w/ purple/red is the way

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #576 on: May 04, 2020, 01:24:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Fuck yes so stoked.
[close]

Hi/lo w/ purple/red is the way

Definitely scoring a set. I really wish the red bushing in the highs. Especially if that top bushing is little shorter or softer.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #577 on: May 04, 2020, 07:30:56 PM »
I just bought new Indy’s, but I want these thrasher ventures! one with a silver baseplate, and one with yellow.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Meathook

• Rep: 62
« Reply #578 on: May 06, 2020, 12:20:16 PM »
Anyone have any good recommendations for bushings that are SLIGHTLY harder than stock that actually fit in Ventures?  I’ve been riding stock bushings forever but after recently trying Ace low bushings in them, I liked it a little stiffer.  The mean of the Ace bushings is actually softer than stock 88.5a vs stock 90a), but they were stiff because the Ace bushings are too tall.  Also they splurge out and act strange with various washer combinations besides the washers they came with.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #579 on: May 06, 2020, 12:23:22 PM »
Indy aftermarket bushings fit in Venture’s right?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

ballintoohard

« Reply #580 on: May 06, 2020, 12:37:01 PM »
Bones fit perfectly. Karl Watson has been rocking that combo for a decade

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #582 on: May 06, 2020, 02:55:27 PM »
Anyone have any good recommendations for bushings that are SLIGHTLY harder than stock that actually fit in Ventures?  I’ve been riding stock bushings forever but after recently trying Ace low bushings in them, I liked it a little stiffer.  The mean of the Ace bushings is actually softer than stock 88.5a vs stock 90a), but they were stiff because the Ace bushings are too tall.  Also they splurge out and act strange with various washer combinations besides the washers they came with.
go dlx supercush. i put in the purple 97a but i'm 200 lbs and they seem to be breaking in fine, nut flush. slightly harder the 94a green ( i think?) might work for u

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #583 on: May 06, 2020, 03:12:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
go dlx supercush. i put in the purple 97a but i'm 200 lbs and they seem to be breaking in fine, nut flush. slightly harder the 94a green ( i think?) might work for u

I have a set they're 94. They and super soft clear are the only dxl aftermarket available if  at all
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #584 on: May 06, 2020, 03:46:38 PM »
Finally
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #585 on: May 06, 2020, 03:55:44 PM »
The trasher collab comes in 6.1 mag?!!

sadnocomply

« Reply #586 on: May 06, 2020, 03:56:43 PM »
Finally

So dope! I swapped out my green bushings from my worrest and put them in my 5.8 kaders from the stock whites & paired with green and yellow shake junt hardware. Shit looks clean with the Rasta colored sword on the hanger!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #587 on: May 06, 2020, 06:43:55 PM »
That's like the rod of David or something like this

not a sword.
(A)pl(E)

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #588 on: May 06, 2020, 07:42:10 PM »
https://venturetrucks.net/

updated. thrasher collab all polished teams. none forged

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #589 on: May 07, 2020, 06:31:50 AM »
I weigh 170 and I've been riding bones medium because the purp got too soft for me. They work really good with venture.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #590 on: May 07, 2020, 08:01:26 PM »
Finally

Btw anybody knows a little history behind the graphic? I'm pretty curious
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

sadnocomply

« Reply #591 on: May 07, 2020, 08:07:18 PM »
They say the graphic is a reminder to “always pass it on the left hand side” hahaha

https://tgmskateboards.com/venture-trucks-kader-sylla-awake-hi-silver-5-2-8-0/

Description at bottom

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #592 on: May 07, 2020, 08:28:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I weigh 170 and I've been riding bones medium because the purp got too soft for me. They work really good with venture.
Bones always feel good for a few weeks then they start feeling looser and looser and you always have to tighten them up like once every few weeks to keep them feeling how they originally felt when you put them in.

Meathook

• Rep: 62
« Reply #593 on: May 08, 2020, 08:37:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Bones always feel good for a few weeks then they start feeling looser and looser and you always have to tighten them up like once every few weeks to keep them feeling how they originally felt when you put them in.

True, bones begin their dying process as soon as you set them up.  I settled with and Indy Soft Conical Bottom (88A) with a stock top.  In the vain of the slightly softer bottom and harder top that Ace has.  Since the Indy bushing is a little taller than stock, it gives some stability and also has a slightly quicker turn similar to Thunder.  Coming from skating Thunder for years, it feels a little closer to that.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #594 on: May 08, 2020, 09:08:19 AM »
Skated some 5.8s the last few days. Like them, probably a bit too beast for me, but fun.

Anyone have a recommendation on deck brands/shapes for these trucks? I have a FA sage board from a bit back, it’s got a 14.12 wb, and is under 32”, both of those numbers have worked well for in the past. Steep nose and I could not skate this thing. Felt wild.
Next day switched everything out and set it up an 8.125 with 14” wb and same trucks and the pop was great. Board is more mellow, and really old.
Anyways, if anyone has a recommendation for big ventures, board wise, lemme know.
Thanks

shawngreg

« Reply #595 on: May 09, 2020, 07:53:59 AM »
Skated some 5.8s the last few days. Like them, probably a bit too beast for me, but fun.

Anyone have a recommendation on deck brands/shapes for these trucks? I have a FA sage board from a bit back, it’s got a 14.12 wb, and is under 32”, both of those numbers have worked well for in the past. Steep nose and I could not skate this thing. Felt wild.
Next day switched everything out and set it up an 8.125 with 14” wb and same trucks and the pop was great. Board is more mellow, and really old.
Anyways, if anyone has a recommendation for big ventures, board wise, lemme know.
Thanks

i'm skating my 5.8ti's on a Quasi 8.5, 32.125 long & 14.25WB. also on 52mm conical fulls for what its worth, and i love everything about the feel of the setup.  it did take me a little getting used to, but i'm talking like 1 session.  after realizing where i needed to make certain adjustments, this is definitely my preferred ride for the moment

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #596 on: May 09, 2020, 08:15:16 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

i'm skating my 5.8ti's on a Quasi 8.5, 32.125 long & 14.25WB. also on 52mm conical fulls for what its worth, and i love everything about the feel of the setup.  it did take me a little getting used to, but i'm talking like 1 session.  after realizing where i needed to make certain adjustments, this is definitely my preferred ride for the moment

Quasi ps?
Those your measurements?
Do you measure point to point or tape pressed?
Despite being susceptible to ‘cool’ things, I’ve somehow not skated nearly enough quasi boards.

I am stoked on the 5.8s, need to muscle up a bit.

Thanks for your response and advice.

shawngreg

« Reply #597 on: May 09, 2020, 10:23:06 AM »
Quasi is PS yeah
those are the measurements i found on a few sites, but i measured myself(point to point) and it was pretty spot on.  def over 32, i wasnt trying to squint and get up close and personal with the tape measure tho haha.  i had this shape before and liked it, but was skating 149's with it.  the ventures feel better to me now.

another thing- i did add riptide pivot cups and replaced the top washers with flat bones ones

PeskOne

• Rep: 10
  • Skateboarding: Only drug worth the side effects.
« Reply #598 on: May 10, 2020, 04:25:49 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

Maybe too big for you? I ride 5,6 on 8.125 and fucking love them, got those spitfire F4 tablets too. Before I had the lock-ins. They are wider and a bit heavier. But don't let me tell you, you skate to big. Because I see people skate super wide and I'm like how the hell. I would definitely go up to 8.25 but I want 14 wheelbase, that's the most important thing for me, and it's hard to find 14 WB on 8.25.
Skateboarding an addiction stronger than Heroin.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #599 on: May 10, 2020, 06:35:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

[close]

Maybe too big for you? I ride 5,6 on 8.125 and fucking love them, got those spitfire F4 tablets too. Before I had the lock-ins. They are wider and a bit heavier. But don't let me tell you, you skate to big. Because I see people skate super wide and I'm like how the hell. I would definitely go up to 8.25 but I want 14 wheelbase, that's the most important thing for me, and it's hard to find 14 WB on 8.25.

I think you are correct, re: too big. I want to ride an adult sized skateboard, but it’s a serious struggle.
I should have gotten 8.25” trucks, and used those on boards 8-8.5”.
Next time.