Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349577 times)

l1ll1ll1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #660 on: May 21, 2020, 06:47:40 AM »
Anyone here on the ti’s? Thought about getting a set for the hangars to lighten it up but keep the cast plates of the raws. How are you liking them?

Got the 5.2s Ti Hi, now broken in, really like them. Only thing I dont like is the golden baseplate, which isn't a deal breaker for you...
Setup feels sooo light.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #661 on: May 21, 2020, 07:48:13 AM »
Has anyone noticed a huge difference between cast and forged base plates  as far as the wheel base push?  I know there’s a difference but is it bad  or noticeable? Pros cons?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #662 on: May 21, 2020, 12:18:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone here on the ti’s? Thought about getting a set for the hangars to lighten it up but keep the cast plates of the raws. How are you liking them?
[close]

Got the 5.2s Ti Hi, now broken in, really like them. Only thing I dont like is the golden baseplate, which isn't a deal breaker for you...
Setup feels sooo light.
Mannnn, while I don’t want to get another crook groove started I do want to get some weight off my current trucks

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #663 on: May 21, 2020, 04:22:47 PM »
If you can find some hollows cheaper than tits I would go that route. However if you splurge on Tits they are worth it IMO, I am riding a 5.6 Tit hanger with cast plates from another set as my main and I swear by it. I did a weighing on my truck combos (per truck) so maybe I can help break some of this down.

5.2 titanium hanger with forged plates - 308g
5.2 raw hanger with cast plates - 362g
5.2 raw hanger with forged plates - 342g
5.6 Titanium hanger with cast plates - 336g
5.6 raw hanger with cast plates - 371g
5.6 titanium hanger with forged plates - 315g
5.8 raw hanger with cast plates - 376g

I don’t have each versions of these trucks that would be madness lol I just swapped hangers and plates to get weight measurements. But yeah at 335-336 per truck with the titanium hanger and cast plate it’s a sick combo for me street skating. I like more weight on trucks and whip out the 5.8 for hills and tranny however.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #664 on: May 21, 2020, 06:09:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you can find some hollows cheaper than tits I would go that route. However if you splurge on Tits they are worth it IMO, I am riding a 5.6 Tit hanger with cast plates from another set as my main and I swear by it. I did a weighing on my truck combos (per truck) so maybe I can help break some of this down.

I don’t have each versions of these trucks that would be madness lol I just swapped hangers and plates to get weight measurements. But yeah at 335-336 per truck with the titanium hanger and cast plate it’s a sick combo for me street skating. I like more weight on trucks and whip out the 5.8 for hills and tranny however.
Thanks for this. Great to have some numbers

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #665 on: May 21, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

For reals.

Are these with stock bushings/washers?

sadnocomply

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #666 on: May 21, 2020, 06:26:16 PM »
Yeah all stock!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #667 on: May 21, 2020, 06:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nice work. Last pair of trucks I really loved was 5.2 V-Hollow Lo (forged) with a short 14" WB deck. My post-COVID-19 setup will be 5.6 Titanium with cast plates plates for a 14.125" WB Magenta.

Fuck this lockdown sucks donkey dick.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #668 on: May 21, 2020, 11:25:36 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/ben_degros/?hl=en

he posts a lot of truck specs on ventures. he also has a bunch of boards he tries with different board shapes.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #669 on: May 22, 2020, 06:34:21 AM »
Got about 10 hours on my 5.6’s. At first I found the purple bushings a bit too soft but after a few sessions and a bit of tinkering with the tightness, I found that these are my favourite trucks in years.

I also have 5.2’s with white bushings and those feel significantly harder.

jennyjenny

• Rep: 1
« Reply #670 on: May 22, 2020, 08:02:52 AM »
that top bushing looks like shit in the 2nd pic.

almost grabbed some of those the other day online, glad i didn't.

The standard (red) bushings in the Venture polished trucks are really good though. Doesn't take long to "break in".

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #671 on: May 22, 2020, 08:11:39 AM »
I threw in some Indy orange bushings in my 5.6s, gonna try them out later today after work

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #672 on: May 25, 2020, 12:26:56 PM »
Hollow or raw/polished (the heavy version) for Ventures?

sadnocomply

« Reply #673 on: May 25, 2020, 12:32:08 PM »
depends. What are you shred ambitions? For me it’s tits/hollows/lights for flat/ledges/mellow sets. If I’m bombing or rollin tranny it’s raws all day. If you scroll up this thread I have some weight measurements for my venture trucks. If you go hollow it will mesh more with the titanium weights I have listed.

The only trucks that matter.

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #674 on: May 25, 2020, 12:53:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
depends. What are you shred ambitions? For me it’s tits/hollows/lights for flat/ledges/mellow sets. If I’m bombing or rollin tranny it’s raws all day. If you scroll up this thread I have some weight measurements for my venture trucks. If you go hollow it will mesh more with the titanium weights I have listed.

I'm looking for that hefty, stable, poppy feeling that many are describing with Ventures, so I may go with the raws. I'm riding miniramps a lot now so that's an added bonus.

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #675 on: May 25, 2020, 02:13:51 PM »
After trying out some 5.6 raws with the orange Indy bushings yesterday, i can honestly say i think Ventures are now my go-to truck. Took me a little bit to get used to them cuz i normally ride Indys, but I really liked the pop on em.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #676 on: May 25, 2020, 07:26:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm looking for that hefty, stable, poppy feeling that many are describing with Ventures, so I may go with the raws. I'm riding miniramps a lot now so that's an added bonus.

Better yet, mix cast plates with hollow axles. Reduced weight while minimizing the WB shift.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #677 on: May 25, 2020, 10:19:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Better yet, mix cast plates with hollow axles. Reduced weight while minimizing the WB shift.

that’s what I planned on doing. I wish they offered a truck with hollow cast baseplates...like the thunder team hollows.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #678 on: May 26, 2020, 12:27:25 AM »
The ace bushings in my Ventures still feel amazing but have started to bulge and deform a bit much with those flat washers with the stem. Will probably just run them until they start to feel off and either get a new set or go back to stock. All this talk about cast plates has got me wanting to try some, only ever skated the forged plates on ventures. Somewhat concerned that the extra height is going to be weird as I've only ever skated forged indys, and aces and thunders which are both a bit lower.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #679 on: May 26, 2020, 04:50:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

that’s what I planned on doing. I wish they offered a truck with hollow cast baseplates...like the thunder team hollows.
Venture team hollows would be my perfect truck probably.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #680 on: May 26, 2020, 09:55:05 AM »
Just set up my first board with Ventures ever, and I feel like I'm a true believer now. The pop feels hefty and snappy, and it feels like the extra effort that I put in is definitely apparent when ollieing up/onto things. Currently riding them stock, slightly loosened. Was really pleasantly surprised to have most of my flip tricks back right away without having to go through too crazy of a break in period. Most people where I live are skeptical but I think it's safe to say I'm of the Indy train forever, and keeping all my shit in the DLX family feels like a good thing. Thanks for all the research and stuff!

Acky Jacky

« Reply #681 on: May 26, 2020, 10:15:48 AM »
I recently got a new Isle deck that's pretty flat and I was riding it with my Indy 149s which I've used on every deck except my cruiser (Thunder 149 with risers) for the past couple of years. For some reason the pop just wasn't feeling good. After having watched some Ben DeGros YouTube videos here and there and being curious about Venture I grabbed some standard 5.6's. They did the trick for giving my flat deck easier pop, I like the way they grind and the turn to me feels nice and secure.

I imagine the turning radius will be a little tighter once I break the trucks in more, as I like to ride mine on the looser side, but I'm happy with them so far. I'm curious how these trucks will feel on whatever my next board is, assuming it won't be as flat as this Isle.

Sorry that felt like a rant, I'm bored.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #682 on: May 26, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »
Cry cry cry

Sunstroke but awake
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:32:09 AM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #683 on: May 26, 2020, 08:38:11 PM »
Just set up my first board with Ventures ever, and I feel like I'm a true believer now. The pop feels hefty and snappy, and it feels like the extra effort that I put in is definitely apparent when ollieing up/onto things. Currently riding them stock, slightly loosened. Was really pleasantly surprised to have most of my flip tricks back right away without having to go through too crazy of a break in period. Most people where I live are skeptical but I think it's safe to say I'm of the Indy train forever, and keeping all my shit in the DLX family feels like a good thing. Thanks for all the research and stuff!

Forged plate Ventures work best on decks with shorter WB in my experience, best setup I had in recent memory was a 8 x 32 x 14 paired with Venture 5.2 V-Hollow Lo. The deck was a few weeks in and a little soggy but going from Thunder to Venture immediately revived the board, everything felt snappy and the pinch was amazing. The deck gave out after a few more sessions but I've been trying to recreate that setup ever since with very limited success.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

411bandit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #684 on: May 28, 2020, 01:49:59 PM »
Just ordered a pair of the Bobby Worrest 5.2s for my Magenta Valls 7.875. WB is 14.25.

Can't fucking wait. I've been riding Indy 139s for awhile and my flip tricks feels off sometimes. Particularly tre flips.

One thing I'm wondering is smaller WB and lower trucks better for flip tricks ? Particularly tre flips.

lysdexia

• Rep: 5
« Reply #685 on: May 28, 2020, 04:41:57 PM »
shorter wb helps tre flips in a big way, lower trucks do too but the wb makes more of a difference i find

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #686 on: May 28, 2020, 07:05:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Forged plate Ventures work best on decks with shorter WB in my experience, best setup I had in recent memory was a 8 x 32 x 14 paired with Venture 5.2 V-Hollow Lo. The deck was a few weeks in and a little soggy but going from Thunder to Venture immediately revived the board, everything felt snappy and the pinch was amazing. The deck gave out after a few more sessions but I've been trying to recreate that setup ever since with very limited success.
did you try running the same shape again?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #687 on: May 28, 2020, 08:15:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
did you try running the same shape again?

I would have, but I only had 1 of that board. It was a Folklore Fibertech Lite, which is an Australian board company. Got the board when I was there on holiday last year and shipping it to Asia would cost as much as the board itself. I used to travel to Australia pretty frequently for work and the plan was to pick up a a couple of boards every trip. But this virus and subsequent travel restrictions has put a damper on that.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

411bandit

« Reply #688 on: May 29, 2020, 08:13:52 AM »
shorter wb helps tre flips in a big way, lower trucks do too but the wb makes more of a difference i find

Defo does. Just had my first flat ground sesh on these. Love them already. So much more stable. From the first pop shove I knew it was on. They turn pretty dam good for first session too. Does the worrest model have different bushings maybe? These are clear yellow.

411bandit

« Reply #689 on: May 30, 2020, 10:18:25 AM »
For my next deck I'm cop the Mason Silva full SE. I reckon that will make these 5.2s really come alive.

It's 8.06 x 31.5 with 14 WB