Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 349365 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #3120 on: July 29, 2022, 07:17:05 PM »

I've come to find the lows have red bushings and the high purple. But of course the listing doesn't show the bushings lol

Ha yeah, that is true.

I often forget that, but with all the older Ventures I have floating around, that is the case.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

intendedreceivers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #3121 on: July 29, 2022, 08:43:32 PM »
Expand Quote
What other bushings besides supercush work well in ventures? I don’t like the bones ones.

I can’t find any supercush ones in the UK at the moment.
[close]

ACE [classic] Lows (yes lows, I was surprised the bottom bushing didn't throw anything off).

Literally just put some Ace Low bushings in my Ventures today. Really unlocks them to be a super fun truck, in my opinion. Great combo. I think mine are AF1 Low bushings, too, not Classics.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3122 on: July 29, 2022, 09:15:41 PM »
Expand Quote
What other bushings besides supercush work well in ventures? I don’t like the bones ones.

[close]
Indy aftermarket bushings with the barrel bottoms should work just fine. Get your desired duro, but avoid the red ones as many Slappers have said they feel way harder than advertised.

I second that. I usually do genuine indy parts or whatever.

Always works out fine. 
The white super soft are like a bones soft except in like dead ass winter then it don’t matter what bushing duro you got.

I like my purple but I’d definitely buy these if I could remember when I got bread.

Buying lower bushings is a no no and a half rn. The green is super difficult to say no to too. Lol

I don’t understand why green isn’t ever around when I stock up on trucks. It’s almost always purple or red. Sometimes I see white I think.

I’d maybe buy blue painted ventures to be like a way way way back throw back colour style.

I remember seeing mad blue ones on the big kids boards. Pretty sure Mark rode blue ones.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3123 on: July 30, 2022, 12:10:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Indy aftermarket bushings with the barrel bottoms should work just fine. Get your desired duro, but avoid the red ones as many Slappers have said they feel way harder than advertised.

Thanks, I’ll probably try these next then. They are always readily available in most shops.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3124 on: July 30, 2022, 03:47:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

ACE [classic] Lows (yes lows, I was surprised the bottom bushing didn't throw anything off).
[close]

Literally just put some Ace Low bushings in my Ventures today. Really unlocks them to be a super fun truck, in my opinion. Great combo. I think mine are AF1 Low bushings, too, not Classics.

Haven’t tried the af1 lows in ventures yet, but I sang praises of the ace dual duro (regular Ace bottoms and low tops) quite a few pages back, it's the only way I could skate venture; makes them sing tho. That and a flat top washer to stop the hanger binding.

The ace low bottoms.vs regular in them I couldn't tell the difference.

I just ride too loose for them to be a go-to.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 03:55:35 PM by Xen »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3125 on: July 30, 2022, 04:54:38 PM »
Just curious do any of you or any of pros skate transition on Ventures? I know Drehobl used to but I can't remember anyone else and don't know anyone that does.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3126 on: July 30, 2022, 05:02:14 PM »
Just curious do any of you or any of pros skate transition on Ventures? I know Drehobl used to but I can't remember anyone else and don't know anyone that does.

John Shanahan does. He skates vert on ventures even. Kader does occasionally and I also recently saw a clip of Seven Strong skating a pool on ventures.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZFpmTUDAM_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaN7fCyp0_0/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3127 on: July 30, 2022, 05:46:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

John Shanahan does. He skates vert on ventures even. Kader does occasionally and I also recently saw a clip of Seven Strong skating a pool on ventures.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZFpmTUDAM_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaN7fCyp0_0/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Wade Speyer used to.

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #3128 on: July 30, 2022, 05:50:54 PM »
I think the hi’s would work just fine, you can’t carve like an ace but the stability would work well. 

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3129 on: July 30, 2022, 06:27:05 PM »
Ya I kinda think for most normal people it doesn't matter unless that is all you do and you're going so fast you need extreme surf.

Wasn't Duffy on Ventures for most of the 90's too? Now it's just me trying to remember obscure shit.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3130 on: July 30, 2022, 09:05:38 PM »
Phil Shao was on Ventures

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #3131 on: July 30, 2022, 09:27:36 PM »
Phil Shao was on Ventures

This, and Wade Speyer, aaaaaand the Dan Drehobl…I mean what more do you want?
In recent times (like the last 20-30 years) ventures do not seem to be the transition truck of choice. Yuto had done some baaaaaangers on venture lo’s, on big transitions.
Don’t see a lot of very/pool folks on thunders either. Basically all just indy/ace.

If there was a part I’d try and replicate…it might be Lavar’s in trilogy. So I skate venture lo’s.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #3132 on: July 30, 2022, 09:36:50 PM »
Were Ventures in the 90’s much different? John Cardiel used to skate them
fuck you bama

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #3133 on: July 31, 2022, 05:10:33 AM »
Yuto does 540s on vert with venture lows.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3134 on: July 31, 2022, 05:27:44 AM »

I have what was said to be Drehobl's set of Venture trucks in 8.5 width from when he was out here in Australia a long time ago on a Think tour, which another guy or two used before they ended up grinded to axle and in my hands, but they still skated well enough.  They have six hole baseplates and USA under them, as well as a hex kingpin, so maybe 90s, more so than 00s even.

Maybe it wasn't so much how they skated as it was just the fact that they were the truck to have back then for a lot of those guys.  Indy at the time were solid, heavy and very clunky, but on the other side of things, most people rode more narrow trucks too, of those guys at least, so Venture was a good option.

Might not be the only reason, but I seem to recall Drehobl pretty much ran out of wide trucks when Venture couldn't supply any more, so ended up on Indy just to be able to ride 149s / 8.5" trucks, but there could be more to it than that.

Most of the old six hole baseplate Venture and other brand trucks still skate fine, but I think the current models of almost all brands do skate better than the older versions, if for nothing more than small tweaks to make them perform how people want them to, as well as kingpin clearance, non slip axles, baseplates that don't end up in two pieces, etc.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3135 on: July 31, 2022, 05:57:12 AM »

Answer 2:

I thought I should look into it and came up with this interesting bit of info:

https://www.basementskate.com.au/blog/2018/11/23/venture-trucks-heres-the-lowdown/

Venture Trucks first hit the market in the 1980’s and were the third brand to come out of the Ermico camp. Ermico was a manufacturer founded by Fausto Vitello. Fausto manufactured trucks for Independent & Thunder and was also involved with Thrasher, Deluxe and many other iconic San Fransisco skate brands.

Originally Venture Trucks were launched as a third tier to the other two Ermico truck brands as a price point truck. But the timing was right as there was a shift in the way skateboarders were using the streets. Ventures were lighter and soon street skateboarders took notice of this relatively unknown brand. Not long after Mark Gonzales started riding them and some of the best street skaters soon followed. The rest is history.

A new style of trucks for a new style of skateboarding.
In the early 1990’s Greg Carroll & Keith Cochrane (who along with Don Fisher ran Think Skateboards) redesigned the trucks. they launched the lower profile ‘Featherlight’ which had some new design features for the different types of street skating that were evolving.

They were the first to hit the market with a new smaller hole pattern which shifted the front truck holes back to the 53mm position. This stopped your mounting hardware from getting shredded on nose and tail slides which were getting longer and faster at the time. It was the era of big pants and small wheels and Venture Trucks had the right design for the time.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3136 on: July 31, 2022, 06:04:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Answer 2:

I thought I should look into it and came up with this interesting bit of info:

https://www.basementskate.com.au/blog/2018/11/23/venture-trucks-heres-the-lowdown/

Venture Trucks first hit the market in the 1980’s and were the third brand to come out of the Ermico camp. Ermico was a manufacturer founded by Fausto Vitello. Fausto manufactured trucks for Independent & Thunder and was also involved with Thrasher, Deluxe and many other iconic San Fransisco skate brands.

Originally Venture Trucks were launched as a third tier to the other two Ermico truck brands as a price point truck. But the timing was right as there was a shift in the way skateboarders were using the streets. Ventures were lighter and soon street skateboarders took notice of this relatively unknown brand. Not long after Mark Gonzales started riding them and some of the best street skaters soon followed. The rest is history.

A new style of trucks for a new style of skateboarding.
In the early 1990’s Greg Carroll & Keith Cochrane (who along with Don Fisher ran Think Skateboards) redesigned the trucks. they launched the lower profile ‘Featherlight’ which had some new design features for the different types of street skating that were evolving.

They were the first to hit the market with a new smaller hole pattern which shifted the front truck holes back to the 53mm position. This stopped your mounting hardware from getting shredded on nose and tail slides which were getting longer and faster at the time. It was the era of big pants and small wheels and Venture Trucks had the right design for the time.

Featherlights were the best. Nothing beat the green bushings back then.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #3137 on: July 31, 2022, 08:14:44 AM »
A bit part of venture’s history is Rocco….he was the TM in the 80’s and lead it to being marketed as a street truck/gonz getting on.  They were a less bulky truck than an Indy or a gullwing.  90’s they were a super popular truck being the first to drill the holes back and first to make a lower truck, it lined up with small wheels and the boards tapering….

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #3138 on: July 31, 2022, 08:24:52 AM »

yes. the 5.8's turn super good

tonitonne

« Reply #3139 on: July 31, 2022, 09:39:33 AM »
Anyone know where to get stock bushings? Not the loose trucks conversion kit. Mine finally blew out after half a year.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #3140 on: August 01, 2022, 06:01:09 AM »
Anyone know where to get stock bushings? Not the loose trucks conversion kit. Mine finally blew out after half a year.

"Deluxe supercush" kits are what fits Venture. Indy aftermarkets also work with no issue that's what I'm using currently.

https://garageskateshop.com/products/deluxe-supercush-bushings?variant=40041075572896&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyejpjNml-QIV6QaICR2uoALkEAQYBSABEgJLyvD_BwE

Looks like these guys only have the extra soft ones but those are what you want to look for.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #3141 on: August 01, 2022, 07:49:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"Deluxe supercush" kits are what fits Venture. Indy aftermarkets also work with no issue that's what I'm using currently.

https://garageskateshop.com/products/deluxe-supercush-bushings?variant=40041075572896&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyejpjNml-QIV6QaICR2uoALkEAQYBSABEgJLyvD_BwE

Looks like these guys only have the extra soft ones but those are what you want to look for.

just in case - the 90a (orange) is equivalent to stock
parade has a few this one is discounted
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/deluxe-supercush-bushings-90a-orange-175-6862619574435/

tonitonne

« Reply #3142 on: August 01, 2022, 10:06:45 AM »
Good looks guys appreciate it. I was considering doh dohs but I'm trying to stick with stock geometry.

goodnews_cigjuice

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3143 on: August 01, 2022, 12:29:47 PM »
random question but would the hangar from a v light fit the baseplate of a standard venture?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3144 on: August 01, 2022, 12:31:59 PM »
random question but would the hangar from a v light fit the baseplate of a standard venture?

yes, that would just make it a standard venture

goodnews_cigjuice

« Reply #3145 on: August 01, 2022, 12:37:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean the hangar with the hollow axle

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3146 on: August 01, 2022, 12:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

also yes

goodnews_cigjuice

« Reply #3147 on: August 01, 2022, 05:04:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

also yes
sweet thank you!

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #3148 on: August 02, 2022, 03:11:41 AM »

i'll do a lil back disaster or a front lip here and there
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

flocke

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3149 on: August 02, 2022, 01:01:56 PM »

there is a good clip on the venture youtube channel: https://youtu.be/WlYdT5oKN0I