Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 369224 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #5490 on: March 02, 2024, 02:57:21 PM »
i know the question's been asked already but in the year of our lord 2024 what bushings do you guys put in when the stock ones blow out? i love the stock purple ones but obviously can't find where to buy replacement ones

i have some ace hards lying around, are those comparable at all? just from googling, thunder bushings seem the closest in terms of appearance but have no idea about performance
I recently tried ace low bushings in venture highs and the turn was almost decent

hiljentaa

• Rep: 319
« Reply #5491 on: March 02, 2024, 03:00:44 PM »
i know the question's been asked already but in the year of our lord 2024 what bushings do you guys put in when the stock ones blow out? i love the stock purple ones but obviously can't find where to buy replacement ones

i have some ace hards lying around, are those comparable at all? just from googling, thunder bushings seem the closest in terms of appearance but have no idea about performance

I only ride the stock bushings, but Indy and Deluxe Bait and Tackle (if you can find em) fit perfectly.

The secret to never blowing out the stock bushings is using the smaller washers that come with Indy aftermarket bushings. Stock washers will dig in.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1047
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5492 on: March 02, 2024, 03:48:51 PM »

Thunder bushings do work, but the slightly taller bottom bushing as well as the conical shape, compared to the cylinder shape of stock is going to change the feel and turn of the trucks, so maybe a little more turn and a little quicker turn, if that makes sense?

All up they still work well and no issues to do that, even though for some people, it might look weird or they would not put those bushings in Ventures.

Closest to the feel of the stock bushings from new is the Indy orange 90 duro aftermarket bushings, but even the Indy blue 92 duro bushings work well in there and often feel a little bit firmer, which is not a bad thing.  Again, some people look at those and don't want to put orange bushings in Ventures, but that is up to the individual.

Lastly, the Venture green bushings that come with the low tops, marketed as the loose truck bushing kit will actually work just as well, only you need to tighten the kingpin nut down the extra two or so threads to have it on the same as stock bushings with the kingpin nut flush.  This can also be a deal breaker for some people, who just want the kingpin nut flush, but they still work just as well when they are tightened down to the same feeling, without thinking how far down the nut is.  I have even seen people add a few flat washers on between the normal truck washer and the kingpin, but again, personal opinion is everything here.

* The Deluxe Bait and Tackle bushing tubes that used to be everywhere now seem like they are completely out at most places, but if you are lucky enough to find any, just use them, as hiljentaa said.

Edit:

** The Supercush, or even Thunder Supercush as they come up on some listings are the Deluxe Bait and Tackle bushings, so the same product, all of which seem to be out of stock almost everywhere and very hard to get hold of.  It has been said that DLX is working on some new Venture styled bushings, but as yet they have not been released.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 03:17:28 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5493 on: March 02, 2024, 09:18:34 PM »
if you want the stock feeling go with supercush 90a
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Luismps

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5494 on: March 05, 2024, 11:49:56 AM »
Today I tested for the first time the 5'6 forged coming from the 148 also forged.
Some adaptation in the kickflips, in everything else I loved the trucks!
However, in a session lasting just 2 hours, and without tightening the Kingpin (stock tightening), the washer started to cut the bushing. Can I put a washer from other trucks right? Will the thickness be the same? I wanted these bushings to last because I already noticed from the comments that it is impossible to find purple stock bushing...
Any other solution?
Tks 🙏

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #5495 on: March 05, 2024, 12:27:16 PM »
Might have already been answered but anyone know where to get 6.1 hollows? Saw them on their spring catalog. Links very much appreciated

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5496 on: March 05, 2024, 12:51:47 PM »
Today I tested for the first time the 5'6 forged coming from the 148 also forged.
Some adaptation in the kickflips, in everything else I loved the trucks!
However, in a session lasting just 2 hours, and without tightening the Kingpin (stock tightening), the washer started to cut the bushing. Can I put a washer from other trucks right? Will the thickness be the same? I wanted these bushings to last because I already noticed from the comments that it is impossible to find purple stock bushing...
Any other solution?
Tks 🙏
bones flat washer is tried and thoroughly tested
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Banned from the room

« Reply #5497 on: March 05, 2024, 04:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone skate ventures on the dlx twin tail with the 14.44 wheelbase? Thoughts on how it feels?
[close]

Sorry to split hairs but it's a 14.4 wb.

That's what Bobby rides, and Ishod rides the same board on thunders. Both of which push your wb out farther than other trucks.

Seems to work pretty well for them.

I've ridden that board with thunders (team baseplate 52mm height) and enjoyed it, haven't tried ventures on it though.

I feel it works good.

I could be biased tho. I find myself thanking the universe for Venture several times a day. I marvel at how at peace they make me.
Too many miserable bastards on this earth will never know my joy. Could be the solution to wars and boredom?

Nearly every new skater I meet is getting the gospel of dlxsf. I can't help myself.

My heart soars and I want others to know

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5498 on: March 05, 2024, 04:16:26 PM »
Might have already been answered but anyone know where to get 6.1 hollows? Saw them on their spring catalog. Links very much appreciated

Were you after the forged baseplate version or just the cast hollow version?

Also, had I seen you were in EU somewhere?

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/venture-v-hollow-lights-all-polished-high-6-1-truck-silver-8-75_p144617

If not, then I know there were three regular options in 6.1 - the two types more common, the standard all cast solid kingpin and axle and the V hollow versions, which is the forged baseplate, hollow kingpin and axle.  Then the other one, V light, which is regular hanger on forged baseplate.

There is also the Kader 6.1 cast baseplate, hollow kingpin, hollow axle, if I recall, a bit scarce and very pricey.

https://dlxskateshop.com/products/venture-v-cast-hollow-kader-bloodshots-trucks?_pos=4&_sid=4df80e10c&_ss=r

* Shop links outside of AU are actually harder and harder to come up now, so I guess they narrow the shopping down to the country of origin, more than I would have liked.

https://venturetrucks.net/

Found one here for USA anyway:

https://nocomplyatx.com/products/venture-v-hollow-all-polished-high-skateboarding-trucks

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5499 on: March 05, 2024, 06:58:42 PM »
IMO ventures/thunders on those twins is ok but the wheelbase feels long and the nose feels short so it angers me…..I’d rather have a bit more nose/tail less wheelbase….

Banned from the room

« Reply #5500 on: March 05, 2024, 09:55:32 PM »
IMO ventures/thunders on those twins is ok but the wheelbase feels long and the nose feels short so it angers me…..I’d rather have a bit more nose/tail less wheelbase….

ride metal bloards with the 14" or less. Even my Gall Habi reissue was straitht up fire. mad fingers of flat. More than needed tho not too much.

With Aces i'd probably get stuck in perpetual manual. IDK if my family could handle it. Could be the final straw. Fucking Linus and his SKATEBOARD  ::) ::) ::) ::) .

Luismps

« Reply #5501 on: March 06, 2024, 01:04:48 PM »
I'm thinking of buying myself a baker or deathwish, my favorite brands and it's been a very long time since I rode them with Ventures.. Does it work with these trucks ? Wheelbase is 14.25, and many say Venture only works with a 14 wheelbase..

Come to think of it, when I was skating Venture and Baker a long time ago, I wasn't thinking about all those
 wheelbase settings or whatever.. fucking madness !  :-\

(And we see Bryan O'dwyer or John dilo during a period skating venture with Deathwish perfectly.. maybe it's all in the head..)

On the baker OG 8,25 with 5,6 forged. Coming from Thunder 148 forged.
Looooviingggggg

Luismps

« Reply #5502 on: March 09, 2024, 01:08:51 AM »

Bandee

« Reply #5503 on: March 09, 2024, 03:53:30 PM »

funny old venture ad from the august 1986 issue of thrasher

i wish i could win a day of gonz :-\

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #5504 on: March 09, 2024, 05:11:34 PM »
I’m on Girl’s G096 8.5 twin tail shape with 14” WB. I recently switched from Venture 5.8’s to 151 (8.75) Thunder Hollows, which apparently have the same “wheelbase” as Ventures. It feels really good. Probably puts it somewhere between 14 and 14.25” wheelbase with how the hanger is offset.

@Mbrimson88 appreciate the links. Over the last five years I’ve been in Stockholm, Barcelona and Berlin periodically but never skated in any. Any chance you’d know me from the corpo world?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 05:18:32 PM by fakie nollie »

Banned from the room

« Reply #5505 on: March 09, 2024, 05:27:19 PM »

funny old venture ad from the august 1986 issue of thrasher

i wish i could win a day of gonz :-\

I could probably get you a surprise half hour if I stayed at the park long enough and you was within driving distance. No charge for the first one pal  ;D

Be kinda funny to try and get paid like that. You know like selling an Exgf phone number when you're in county.

I'd probably have to tell Mark that I'd give him 50% of me plunder to be able to live with myself. Just like my exgfs.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5506 on: March 10, 2024, 05:47:35 PM »

@Mbrimson88 appreciate the links. Over the last five years I’ve been in Stockholm, Barcelona and Berlin periodically but never skated in any. Any chance you’d know me from the corpo world?

I am Brisbane, Ausralia based, but have been online for a long time, more so anything to do with skateboarding, but then skateboarding is a small world anyway.

Guessing if you are USA / Europe based, we probably have not crossed paths, but who knows?!?

:)

Did you get Thunders, or still looking for Ventures? 

Those 6.1 versions do seem harder to find than some others.

rikki

• Rep: 313
« Reply #5507 on: March 13, 2024, 12:50:19 AM »
Man, why do I keep doing this to myself? Just recently got a new 8.25 / 14.2 deck and decided, just for the eff of it, to put Indy 144s on it, after being on Ventures for a good while and really liking their mojo and pop.

Was baffled at the extent of how my ollie went to total shit. Actually got me worried. Can I skate anymore? What the fuck is going on? Do I suck? Yes, but this much? Shit.

Yesterday, switched back to Venture 5.6 V-Hollows on the same deck.

My ollie was back instantly.

Amazing. A good reminder to stay awake.

Rationally thinking, though, it seems like if a board's wb is under 14.38, I definitely need Ventures. With a 14.38 wb and up, I seem to still be able to pop decently with Indys.

Madness?

Yes.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5508 on: March 13, 2024, 07:43:54 AM »
What are the differences between the old Ventures and New? Mine are from probably around 2010 and I am really enjoying them right now. They are lasting forever. I have them very loose, 8" setup.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5509 on: March 13, 2024, 09:42:35 AM »
What are the differences between the old Ventures and New? Mine are from probably around 2010 and I am really enjoying them right now. They are lasting forever. I have them very loose, 8" setup.

There's an example of the change here in the thread.

You might have old highs?

Banned from the room

« Reply #5510 on: March 13, 2024, 09:45:35 AM »
Might be on the Ben Degros channel actually.

The changes are mostly to the yoke and the piv area.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5511 on: March 13, 2024, 10:10:08 AM »
I'd like to add that the biggest change as of recently is the bushings.

Dlx Purps might be second to none now. I need another set to be 100.

I'm riding a loose trucks conversion kit but the top bushings from a monster colourway thunder

My 6.1s got the bright glowing with fine flake Purps. They fuckin king shit in bushing land.

Loose as the thunder top just less wiggles. This winter was the first winter I didn't have to customize my trucks

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5512 on: March 13, 2024, 03:50:30 PM »
so you are saying they are even bettter now?
i have red bushings in mine :)

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #5513 on: March 13, 2024, 04:30:19 PM »
if venture sold the purple bushings they'd be the perfect trucks.

indy does it, ace does it. idk why dlx has to be stingy about the good bushings (purps, stock blue thunder bushings).

if you're reading this deluxe: blue stock thunder bushings (fuck the white and orange ones), purple stock venture bushings. I will buy a ton of them because I blow them out alot.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5514 on: March 13, 2024, 10:05:09 PM »
so you are saying they are even bettter now?
i have red bushings in mine :)

Definitely. Gotta look for the right colour. Darkish is no good. You want transparent but cloudy. It literally looks like they're glowing.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5515 on: March 14, 2024, 04:45:10 AM »
if venture sold the purple bushings they'd be the perfect trucks.

indy does it, ace does it. idk why dlx has to be stingy about the good bushings (purps, stock blue thunder bushings).

if you're reading this deluxe: blue stock thunder bushings (fuck the white and orange ones), purple stock venture bushings. I will buy a ton of them because I blow them out alot.

I think people had said they were in the process of doing something, but exactly what and for how long they are doing things, I don't know.

Seemed easy enough to get the green low tops / loose truck kit out, so it shouldn't be that hard to release the stock purple bushings on their own either in the same sort of packaging, but who knows.

I have a dozen or more sets of stock Venture purple bushings here from people swapping them straight out for other harder bushings, but it is not worth sending any overseas.  I am in Australia.

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -22
« Reply #5516 on: March 14, 2024, 09:12:45 AM »
Just recently went from skating Ace 159s to Venture 5.7 and they feel great, love the kingpin clearance and grinds really well on just about any surface. The clear green bushings were kinda weird at first, didnt adjust tightness at all and at first they were super loose, after about 2 sessions they tightened up on their own and its not too cold out in VA right now, so i actually loosened them up some more and now i get why everyones so crazy about loose ventures. Dont really turn as good as Aces, Thunders, Indys but the grind alone is worth the change. Also havent skated a pair of Ventures since 2007 and cant really remember how they were back then.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #5517 on: March 14, 2024, 09:20:56 AM »
Just recently went from skating Ace 159s to Venture 5.7

This guy's ordering his truck sizes off the secret menu.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5518 on: March 14, 2024, 10:03:17 AM »
Just recently went from skating Ace 159s to Venture 5.7 and they feel great, love the kingpin clearance and grinds really well on just about any surface. The clear green bushings were kinda weird at first, didnt adjust tightness at all and at first they were super loose, after about 2 sessions they tightened up on their own and its not too cold out in VA right now, so i actually loosened them up some more and now i get why everyones so crazy about loose ventures. Dont really turn as good as Aces, Thunders, Indys but the grind alone is worth the change. Also havent skated a pair of Ventures since 2007 and cant really remember how they were back then.

https://youtu.be/xZzEzDkeHzI?si=EEBJ7xpMHkF-6jVN

2007. WORST year of my life. Glad we survived

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #5519 on: March 15, 2024, 03:36:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Just recently went from skating Ace 159s to Venture 5.7
[close]

This guy's ordering his truck sizes off the secret menu.

;D ;D ;D