Author Topic: Seattle in the Winter  (Read 1782 times)

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
Seattle in the Winter
« on: January 06, 2020, 10:43:50 PM »
Out in Seattle until mid-Feb and was wondering if there are any covered/indoor/parking garage spots anyone on here can recommend. Seattle seems fun as hell but with the rain & snow coming these next few weeks, not sure how much skating I'll be able to get in.

Know there's the indoor park in Fremont (?) but beyond that any good indoor spots? FWIW, I don't have a car but am crashing in the ballard area.

Also, the big picture curbs may be the greatest spot of all time.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
Re: Seattle in the Winter
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 11:10:18 PM »
Hopefully someone who actually lives there can give you a better answer, but here's some things to look into:

UW parking garages are fun if you want to skate some curbs under cover
I think at least parts of Marginal Way (diy skatepark) are skateable if it's not raining too hard
Bellevue skate park, across the water east of town. You should be able to get there on the bus, though I'm sure it's a pain in the ass.
There's an indoor skatepark on Vashon, which is a fun day trip if you can borrow a car.

Have fun!

Halfcab180

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 12:55:58 PM »
All Together is the indoor park in Fremont. If you only skate for the last couple hours it’s open it’s only $5, $10 otherwise. It’s small, but fun enough for only being a couple bucks. Vashon is free, but a huge pain to get to without a car. Idk if you could even get from the ferry terminal to the skatepark without one.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »
Big picture curbs are dope for sure. If you want something like that closer to Ballard, hit up the Ravenna curbs (under the I-5 overpass just near the Ravenna Whole Foods, but you’ll need to skate it on a dry day).

As for covered stuff, UW garages beneath red square are great as mentioned. The best level is C5. There’s a long manual pad on the level below that leads towards an exit. Convention center has nearly two blocks on Pike that are undercover with good flatground and some banks, stairs, razor ledges and rocks to skate. Other than that, plenty of random parking garages to explore in the area. ATS (the park in Fremont) is chill when it’s not crowded but I only like to go when it’s after hours.

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 28
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 11:05:29 PM »
Thanks, dudes. Made it over to ATS twice now and that's a fun ass indoor park. Especially like that they do the "OG" night on Sundays for us older dudes. Stumbled upon the new (?) Ballard Bowl which looks amazing. Believe it was pool coping throughout and once we get a semi-dry day out here will definitely be giving that a go.

Additionally, shout out to the guys at 35th North & Black Market.

Buy from your local skate shop.

Pnw

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 05:54:02 PM »
I hit up Bellevue indoor today, it’s not bad but super dusty.

I haven’t been to ATS yet but I might check out the OG night on Sunday.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 11:43:12 AM »
Its a trek but Long Acres is a covered DIY in Sea/Tukwila area and is fucking dope. All the dudes who built it really did a fantastic job.

@longacres_diy

If your looking to keep up with C5 on social media
@C5undergroundsociety