Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231283 times)

Fat Tire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Loose Fit Pants
« on: January 09, 2020, 10:26:05 PM »
My go to loose fit pants are double knee Dickies or Ben Davis pants if I'm feeling spendy, what about you guys?

I've been eying a pair of Carhartt B159s and was wondering if the fit was comparable

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 12:18:02 AM »
I've been feeling loose fit pants lately too. Only got Volcom Modown jeans and Volcom VSM Gritter chinos. Both I really like. Volcom pants always fit me good and have good stretch. Even with the looser fit I feel like stretch is essential. I'm open for suggestions though as I look like a total Volcom gimp cuz I have so much Volcom gear.  :-X

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 01:43:25 AM »
My go to loose fit pants are double knee Dickies or Ben Davis pants if I'm feeling spendy, what about you guys?

I've been eying a pair of Carhartt B159s and was wondering if the fit was comparable

I never had double knees but carhartt B159 are really nice.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 02:07:06 AM »
someone in here suggested polar surf pants as breezy for summer and now I love em. I think I got a size down from what I’d usually get?
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 02:32:11 AM »
I get DC worker chino's when they're on special. You can get them under 30$ sometimes.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 04:35:27 AM »
Artform Cargos. I love them and I buy XL. The pants are made by roth co and other brands use these pants too. No Comply skate shop has these pants also but they price them at $56 and artform prices them at $44
I bought a pair from No comply because they had a color artform doesn’t sell.
They still have a 30% off sale going on right now too.

https://youtu.be/ra9oZpodJ6I
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 04:39:37 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 04:48:10 AM »
I've been eyeing the Carhartt WIP Dallas pant, haven't pulled the trigger yet though
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 06:00:41 AM »
If you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, check it out. They usually have Volcom chinos in stock. They're loose, but not baggy. And they're like $25. Ended up nabbing 5 pairs one day because they've become my daily pants.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 08:48:38 AM »
old navy.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 08:50:24 AM »
carhartt wip a size up and big boys

Or just go to the thrift and just but some pleated chinos or corduroys

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »
Levis 502 are nice and loose for me. Mine have a nice flex.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 09:07:13 AM »
how are people skating in WIP? i cant will myself to skate in nice clothes even if they are skate brands...
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 09:12:25 AM »
how are people skating in WIP? i cant will myself to skate in nice clothes even if they are skate brands...

I don't consider WIP nice, just sort of expensive. I typically keep a rotation so after I wear something for a while and it fades or gets stains or whatever I'll shift it over to the skate pile and buy a replacement.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 09:18:41 AM »
I'm intrigued by WIP but I live in a small city so I never get to see the stuff in person. I do love regular old carhartt clothing though. Is the sizing the same? I wear an XL in other brand t shirts but somehow the Carhartt M 100% cotton pocket t shirt is perfect on me.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 09:21:08 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 09:26:19 AM »
Levis 502 are nice and loose for me. Mine have a nice flex.

Same the 519 are really lose on me.

Fat Tire

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 06:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I never had double knees but carhartt B159 are really nice.

Do they taper at all or are they a straight leg loose fit?

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 06:42:49 PM »
I run Carhartt pants every day at work so here's a short review of the two types of loose ones in my rotation.

http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-pants/Washed-Twill-Dungaree---Relaxed-Fit-B324

The B324 is a nice mix between relaxed and loose fit and is the most durable pant I have ever owned.  The photo on the Carhartt website is not accurate to actual fit so I embedded the second image that is closer to reality.  These are kind of the perfect medium fit that can look good with cup or vulc soled shoes and whatever top you want to do.  The olive is my favorite color followed by the khaki.  The black fades quite a bit.  Even working construction these will last me 3-4 years a pair.

http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-pants/Carhartt-Force-Tappen-Cargo-Pant-101148

The Force Cargo is a great hot weather pant and something that looks different from everyone else's BDU ripoffs.  The seams are kind of busy but not as pronounced as in the picture.  If you skate in the summer they are the coolest and quickest drying pants I have ever found.  They are lifesavers when working on roofs or concrete pads in hot weather.  The fit is pretty baggy but not ridiculous and the pockets and tabs stay intact instead of flopping out after three washes.

A couple of fit tips if you're ordering instead of buying in person.  I always add +1 inch to waist size on Carhartt compared to any other pant and since they need to fit over my boots I add +2 inches to inseam.  They will high water on you over time if you do not.  Cricketclub is right about their shirt sizing being all over the place.  I usually order a size down from normal and it's still a little big.  In person buying is best and Boot Barn, Sportsmans Warehouse, Bass Pro, etc. will almost always have them in stock and sometimes run really good sales. 

Carhartt does cost more than some other brands but in my experience they last much longer and when I move it from the "work" to "skate" stack they still look good.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 06:49:20 PM »
Levi's 550. Relaxed and tapered. In your regular size they're still pretty baggy, but I went a size up to the 34x29 and they're real nice and loose.

Fat Tire

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 07:19:03 PM »
I run Carhartt pants every day at work so here's a short review of the two types of loose ones in my rotation.

http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-pants/Washed-Twill-Dungaree---Relaxed-Fit-B324

The B324 is a nice mix between relaxed and loose fit and is the most durable pant I have ever owned.  The photo on the Carhartt website is not accurate to actual fit so I embedded the second image that is closer to reality.  These are kind of the perfect medium fit that can look good with cup or vulc soled shoes and whatever top you want to do.  The olive is my favorite color followed by the khaki.  The black fades quite a bit.  Even working construction these will last me 3-4 years a pair.

http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-pants/Carhartt-Force-Tappen-Cargo-Pant-101148

The Force Cargo is a great hot weather pant and something that looks different from everyone else's BDU ripoffs.  The seams are kind of busy but not as pronounced as in the picture.  If you skate in the summer they are the coolest and quickest drying pants I have ever found.  They are lifesavers when working on roofs or concrete pads in hot weather.  The fit is pretty baggy but not ridiculous and the pockets and tabs stay intact instead of flopping out after three washes.

A couple of fit tips if you're ordering instead of buying in person.  I always add +1 inch to waist size on Carhartt compared to any other pant and since they need to fit over my boots I add +2 inches to inseam.  They will high water on you over time if you do not.  Cricketclub is right about their shirt sizing being all over the place.  I usually order a size down from normal and it's still a little big.  In person buying is best and Boot Barn, Sportsmans Warehouse, Bass Pro, etc. will almost always have them in stock and sometimes run really good sales. 

Carhartt does cost more than some other brands but in my experience they last much longer and when I move it from the "work" to "skate" stack they still look good.

Damn thanks for the post.

professor pound cake

• Rep: 3
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 07:33:05 PM »
i got the polar surf pants, loose fit fir sure and comfy. feels so nice too

also may i get a link for those no comply art form cargos?

shapom
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:35:02 PM by professor pound cake »

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 08:05:55 PM »
how durable are they?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 08:10:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
how durable are they?

Not as durable as dickies/carhartts probably but really durable for how soft and lightweight they are. Had a pair for over 2 years, only one tiny rip on the side. Granted I don't send it and eat shit on rough asphalt but still

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 10:32:15 PM »
It's 2020.....brown cords.....

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 10:59:16 PM »

professor pound cake

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2020, 11:07:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
how durable are they?
[close]

Not as durable as dickies/carhartts probably but really durable for how soft and lightweight they are. Had a pair for over 2 years, only one tiny rip on the side. Granted I don't send it and eat shit on rough asphalt but still

i literally just got them this week but they feel a bit more sturdier than they look, not overly thick like dickies/carhartt but thicker than sweatpants and more dense. soft and comfy

shalom

switchmongojazzpush

• Rep: -2
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2020, 01:30:49 AM »
I've never tried the b159's but have loved several pairs of b151's (I think the main difference is material and utility pockets?). Mine fit loose all over and are super tough.

Has anyone tried the Ben Davis Gorilla Cut?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:36:05 AM by switchmongojazzpush »

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2020, 04:13:07 AM »
Levi's 550. Relaxed and tapered. In your regular size they're still pretty baggy, but I went a size up to the 34x29 and they're real nice and loose.

Yeah, i love 550 Relaxed. 36 and/or 38 waist <3  nice, baggy and cheap on ebay

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2020, 04:45:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, i love 550 Relaxed. 36 and/or 38 waist <3  nice, baggy and cheap on ebay

550s are great. I've been looking for the perfect pair of jeans for years after getting sick of wearing dickies for so long. Went out on a whim and bought some 550s on ebay just last week. They fit me perfectly.

p_higgles

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2020, 05:28:57 AM »
550 Levis got the feeling back for me to. I was getting 559 which are a bit baggier fit but they are no longer available in Canada so 550 will have to do. The difference is a bit heavier / tougher denim and a tad less baggy.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2020, 07:24:50 AM »
I’m gonna have to try 550 next time I see em