Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231184 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #600 on: November 26, 2020, 11:10:17 AM »
873's are definitely slimmer. Not "skinny" or anything, but definitely slimmer than 874s.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #601 on: November 27, 2020, 08:10:01 PM »

The.Tran.Man

• Rep: -2
« Reply #602 on: November 28, 2020, 09:37:48 PM »
I'm generally a 30" waist in most of my pants, but I've been skating in some 34" waist silvertab levis. I ordered some 34x32 Polar 93 jeans from the Atlas Black Friday Sale. Should I expect them to fit similarly to levis I've been skating in or did I get too big of a size (waist plus overall dimensions that go along with it)? not really familiar with the fit of these, but I know that they're not as baggy as the big boys.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #603 on: November 29, 2020, 12:35:37 AM »
Idk how silvertabs fit, but other Levis in 34 fit me ok, do need a belt. 34 in Polar? I can get my whole fist and more between the waist :D

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #605 on: November 29, 2020, 04:28:34 PM »
I'm generally a 30" waist in most of my pants, but I've been skating in some 34" waist silvertab levis. I ordered some 34x32 Polar 93 jeans from the Atlas Black Friday Sale. Should I expect them to fit similarly to levis I've been skating in or did I get too big of a size (waist plus overall dimensions that go along with it)? not really familiar with the fit of these, but I know that they're not as baggy as the big boys.
i would recommend taking fabric measuring tape to the waist of those silvertabs while you have em flat on a table. whatever number you get, just use that waist measurement for reference when looking at the 93s’ fit guide

bighead

• Rep: 4
« Reply #606 on: November 30, 2020, 12:10:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Thanks, leg opening sounds a bit small but still manageable, Inseam sounds really short though, perhaps I could have gotten the 36x36. Hopefully won't have to exchange. Thank u!
just got the gap ones myself. I ordered a 30 length because that’s what I wear in every other brand, but I could’ve benefitted from ordering a 32 length. Maybe it’s just the cut of them that makes it feel strange
[close]

Yeah, I wear a 30 inseam in most pants. I originally got 30 inseam in the Gap ones, but exchanged them for 32's. The rise is pretty high, though - if you wear them lower on your waist, you may still be good with the 30's.

For me, the rise is the wheelbase of pants. I have a long torso and short legs (I'm 6' tall, but only wear 30" inseams) - a lot of pants fit me like 2003 Britney Spears jeans because the rise is too low.

Received these today and can't say enough good things. Roomy, soft, and they stack right. Think they're still on sale today, highly recommending.

likkle

• Rep: -2
« Reply #607 on: November 30, 2020, 01:55:04 PM »
can someone put me onto a good brand or place for super baggy pants please?:)

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #608 on: November 30, 2020, 02:27:03 PM »

Did you try reading the thread, the one that you're currently in, that's 21 pages deep discussing this exact thing?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
« Reply #609 on: November 30, 2020, 05:42:56 PM »

https://jnco.com/
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #610 on: December 01, 2020, 10:56:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Thanks, leg opening sounds a bit small but still manageable, Inseam sounds really short though, perhaps I could have gotten the 36x36. Hopefully won't have to exchange. Thank u!
just got the gap ones myself. I ordered a 30 length because that’s what I wear in every other brand, but I could’ve benefitted from ordering a 32 length. Maybe it’s just the cut of them that makes it feel strange
[close]

Yeah, I wear a 30 inseam in most pants. I originally got 30 inseam in the Gap ones, but exchanged them for 32's. The rise is pretty high, though - if you wear them lower on your waist, you may still be good with the 30's.

For me, the rise is the wheelbase of pants. I have a long torso and short legs (I'm 6' tall, but only wear 30" inseams) - a lot of pants fit me like 2003 Britney Spears jeans because the rise is too low.

My 36x34 ones arrived, they're super nice and soft and the waist isn't oversized like some other brands, thigh room is perfect too. But given how much it tapers at the leg opening it's a bit too short for my liking. Exchanging them for the 36x36 ones and 99% sure those will be perfect.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #611 on: December 01, 2020, 11:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My 36x34 ones arrived, they're super nice and soft and the waist isn't oversized like some other brands, thigh room is perfect too. But given how much it tapers at the leg opening it's a bit too short for my liking. Exchanging them for the 36x36 ones and 99% sure those will be perfect.
Got the same size in today after trying the 32 length and returning. the 34 is definitely better but i probably could've pulled off the 36 length as well. the 36x36 is only listed under "tall" sizing on the product page, i wonder why that is. Considering grabbing them in black though now too.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: December 01, 2020, 01:26:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Got the same size in today after trying the 32 length and returning. the 34 is definitely better but i probably could've pulled off the 36 length as well. the 36x36 is only listed under "tall" sizing on the product page, i wonder why that is. Considering grabbing them in black though now too.

Yup, the inseam is definitely shorter than advertised, probably because it seems like its meant to be a cropped pant. I got them in black, but note that they're not true black but rather a very very dark indigo (with a very slight teal tint). They definitely look black unless you're staring up close, I quite like the colour.

Its a steal for 22 bucks, I wanted to get the light wash ones there seems to be a bit of artificial fade in the thigh/knee area at the front which I don't like. Is it like that in hand? The black ones have a perfectly even wash.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: December 01, 2020, 02:08:04 PM »

Yup, the inseam is definitely shorter than advertised, probably because it seems like its meant to be a cropped pant. I got them in black, but note that they're not true black but rather a very very dark indigo (with a very slight teal tint). They definitely look black unless you're staring up close, I quite like the colour.

Its a steal for 22 bucks, I wanted to get the light wash ones there seems to be a bit of artificial fade in the thigh/knee area at the front which I don't like. Is it like that in hand? The black ones have a perfectly even wash.
yeah they do a bit, its not bad and doesn't bother me while being worn, think it might be worse in those pictures, but there's definitely some. I think the fading around the rear pockets is a bit more noticeable. Good to know about the black, that indigo tint sounds good. Did you return your other pair in store? I mailed mine back and haven't heard back shit. I have $20 in gapcash whatever that is and its not good until dec 4 i wonder if these will be the same price

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: December 01, 2020, 02:57:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yeah they do a bit, its not bad and doesn't bother me while being worn, think it might be worse in those pictures, but there's definitely some. I think the fading around the rear pockets is a bit more noticeable. Good to know about the black, that indigo tint sounds good. Did you return your other pair in store? I mailed mine back and haven't heard back shit. I have $20 in gapcash whatever that is and its not good until dec 4 i wonder if these will be the same price

I think the cyber monday deal is ending soon, but who knows they'll probably keep it going for a while like a lot of places. I got my 36x34 in black this morning and dropped them back off at the post office right away after trying them on and got the 36x36. I was happy with the 36x34s, they're good, but the 36x36 will be a bit better.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #615 on: December 04, 2020, 03:43:44 PM »
Any one here have experience getting relaxed fit pants tailored? Just bought the brown theories cosmo pants in a 34. Was hoping they would be closer to 550s but they are massive on me with little taper. Never done it before, so wouldn't even know what to ask for besides shortening the inseam. The pants are great though so would like to have something done so they are wearable.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #616 on: December 04, 2020, 06:17:26 PM »
Go start a taper' pant thread....

I've gone to dry cleaners/tailors for adjustments. It's kinda pricey but can be worth it. 

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #617 on: December 04, 2020, 06:42:56 PM »

I've gone to dry cleaners/tailors for adjustments. It's kinda pricey but can be worth it. 
what’s an average price per pair?
And what’s your preferred leg opening? I know crockett recently said a pair of his were 9.25” 

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #618 on: December 04, 2020, 06:45:00 PM »
Any one here have experience getting relaxed fit pants tailored? Just bought the brown theories cosmo pants in a 34. Was hoping they would be closer to 550s but they are massive on me with little taper. Never done it before, so wouldn't even know what to ask for besides shortening the inseam. The pants are great though so would like to have something done so they are wearable.
ask the trailer to taper. And I’d think you would want to give a measurement of the leg opening for how drastic of a taper you’d want. Or in the past when I’ve had a suit or tux tailored, they’ll pin it to the measurements while on you for a fitting.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #619 on: December 05, 2020, 02:34:40 AM »
Code: [Select]

;D I like em loose not MC hammer pants loose. Pants look great so it'll be worth it to get them fitting properly.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Fly_Hoenn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #620 on: December 05, 2020, 04:22:28 AM »
Got these two pairs on black friday for 25€ each from Bershka. Not sure if this store exists outside Europe tho.
These are by far the biggest pairs I ever owned. I usually go with 874's but these are a new level of bagginess. Weirdly the black pair is way to tight on my waist.

Marsellus Wallace

• Rep: 2
« Reply #621 on: December 05, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
Got these two pairs on black friday for 25€ each from Bershka. Not sure if this store exists outside Europe tho.
These are by far the biggest pairs I ever owned. I usually go with 874's but these are a new level of bagginess. Weirdly the black pair is way to tight on my waist.

they look sick! whats that model called?

anyways, I´m thinking of buying those Dickies EDS Scrub pants! anyone ever tried them? They look good on the pictures and seam to be as light and comfortable as the Polar Surf pants. I usually wear size 34 or 36 in waist, should I go with M or L?
https://www.dickies.com/scrubs/mens-eds-signature-cargo-scrub-pants/81006.html

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #622 on: December 08, 2020, 08:32:12 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIHEqGWBmRT/?igshid=zogb56xwxprg

For all who were unaware and may be interested in this

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #623 on: December 09, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »
I thought large Big Boys would be comparable to 36 Silvertabs, these things are comically large. Wonder if the wash shrinks em up, probably gotta bring em to a tailor if not.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #624 on: December 09, 2020, 11:29:34 AM »
Anyone fuck with the CCS relaxed denim or chinos? How relaxed are they?

These look pretty good to me

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: December 09, 2020, 11:30:23 AM »
I thought large Big Boys would be comparable to 36 Silvertabs, these things are comically large. Wonder if the wash shrinks em up, probably gotta bring em to a tailor if not.

Don't expect much shrinking they're just that big

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #626 on: December 09, 2020, 04:04:58 PM »
Got a pair of those Gap barrel jeans, for 20 bucks Im super happy with them and they fit fine, got em a size big to add to the bagginess. Thanks again for the recommendation
Funny how black they are not
two times

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #627 on: December 09, 2020, 05:57:57 PM »
Got a pair of those Gap barrel jeans, for 20 bucks Im super happy with them and they fit fine, got em a size big to add to the bagginess. Thanks again for the recommendation
I like them too. Made in Bangladesh which sucks.. just threw mine in the wash for the first time. Will probably hang dry. I got the lightwash but considering going back for the black but with 2” more inseam. They’re more like a washed black?

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #628 on: December 09, 2020, 06:04:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I like them too. Made in Bangladesh which sucks.. just threw mine in the wash for the first time. Will probably hang dry. I got the lightwash but considering going back for the black but with 2” more inseam. They’re more like a washed black?

Not exactly, more like a very dark blue but slight teal tint. From far away, or with light colour shirts they look black. But if you're wearing a black tshirt you can tell these definitely arent a true black. Still good though

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #629 on: December 11, 2020, 11:14:05 PM »
Got mine.....the wash is just ok....I kinda wanted black. Otherwise they are sick...I'm skinny and 5'9. Sized up to 32 x 34, washed them...one roll and they are good.  They are high waisted like an 874 but they sit on my hips...may not wear a belt....perfect.  I'd rather they were a bit rougher with stretch but they are nice and soft which should skate just fine.  I'll prolly keep an eye out for the same fit. 

They aren't super baggy like big boys....