Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231409 times)

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #720 on: January 11, 2021, 09:52:23 AM »
Just got some LL Bean natural fit cords. Great fit and they're quality.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #721 on: January 11, 2021, 12:56:10 PM »
I bought a pair of Vans A.V.E Washed Denim Jeans with the waist being a couple sizes bigger than what I typically wear and they have been perfect for a loose-fitting jean that's not overly baggy

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #722 on: January 11, 2021, 01:16:29 PM »
What belts?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #723 on: January 11, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »
What belts?

Honestly, some cheap fucking pleather belt I got once when buying a pair of dress shoes. There's gotta be a better way lol
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #724 on: January 11, 2021, 04:33:19 PM »
What belts?

if you size up, belts that are wider and span the width of the entire loop are better at reducing bunching than skinny belts or even worse, shoelace belts. Open to good suggestions too

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #725 on: January 11, 2021, 04:54:27 PM »
Yeah anything with a buckle messed with the gut/stomach. Wondering web belt? Shoelace not holding up if sized up

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #726 on: January 11, 2021, 05:36:45 PM »
What belts?

Check this out... https://toolbelts.com/product/hook-loop-closure-pants-belt/

I hate buckles too. Fell hard on a buckle once. Once

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #727 on: January 12, 2021, 03:59:33 AM »
I kept getting a blister from my metal belt buckle rubbing so I made a couple of belts for myself.
 than some of my freinds wanted them, So I made more..   
i just use webbing and a plastic clip all purchased from Bunnings I'll post a pic later if I remember.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 282
« Reply #728 on: January 12, 2021, 06:38:03 AM »
I have a simple grey webbing belt from Croakies that I bought at REI years ago with an aluminum triglide closure. Works really well.

I went on their website and saw that everything has a stupid bottle opener designed into the closure now. Why does everything need a bottle opener. I hate that so much.

There is a brand called Arcade that makes really nice belts that have a bit of stretch in em. They are like $30. If I had a need I'd like to try one of those.

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #729 on: January 12, 2021, 07:51:36 AM »
I’ve got an arcade belt. Used to wear leather belts while skating, once I switched to arcade I’m over leather belts. The arcade has a little flexibility to it so it’s awesome for moving around. For reference, the model I have is the ranger slim.

Pants wise, check out ASOS I got a pair of baggy cords they fit similar to 93 denim if you buy them in your regular waist. I’ve also got a pair of ultra baggy denim which fit similar to big boys I’d assume since I don’t own big boys.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #730 on: January 12, 2021, 07:55:28 AM »
polar surf pants and some long johns ruined 874s for me. dont think i can go back after this week.

any cheap alternatives? didnt see much without having the go through the whole thread. search function been lacking
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #731 on: January 12, 2021, 08:00:48 AM »
polar surf pants and some long johns ruined 874s for me. dont think i can go back after this week.

any cheap alternatives? didnt see much without having the go through the whole thread. search function been lacking

https://www.chefwear.com/unisex-classic-ultimate-cotton-chef-pant-cw3500-/#
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #732 on: January 12, 2021, 10:32:30 AM »
https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/stay-loose-cottonized-hemp-mens-jeans/p/290370014
Maybe belongs in the sale thread but these loose fit premium levis are super cheap right now with code last call if you make an account, ran me about 37 post tax and shipping. The material on these cottonized hemp ones are super soft. Bit looser than 550s, tiny bit less than 550s of the same waist and taper a little bit more. But they're longer and so the taper isn't obvious as they stack a bit.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #733 on: January 12, 2021, 11:27:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.chefwear.com/unisex-classic-ultimate-cotton-chef-pant-cw3500-/#
36" inseam for bottoms. kinda stupid that they cut all the lengths off at 32.5 even at xxxl
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #734 on: January 14, 2021, 12:08:31 PM »
These simple web belts have been perfect for well over twenty years for me.

I found this random pic showing the ones with teeth clamp, because I found the other ones with the rolling pin inside don't hold as well.

Doesn't matter what size you are, they still do up fine, and if you have extra tail, use an elastic hair tie to hold the tail in to the belt so no issues any which way.

Just fold it back in under itself, learned that in the military. Or you can always cut it to length and put the metal end bit back on.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #735 on: January 14, 2021, 12:20:25 PM »

Local shop was closing and had -50% on all clothing, they had some Surf pants but they looked like pyjamas so I grabbed 874s instead. It was funny, I hadn’t tried on different dickies before and they were low on sizes so I tried a pair of ”slim fits” (873 i guess?) in 31” and they were exactly the same size when worn at the hips as 33” 874s, I think some noted earlier in this or another thread that the measurements differ between ”worn at the waist” and ”worn at the hips”. But the slims where so disgusting, they felt too low, like the old school low waist jeans, and were tight around the thighs but loose (straight) below the knees so they looked like bell bottoms.

So the question is, do the creases on Dickies iron out?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #736 on: January 14, 2021, 03:13:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Local shop was closing and had -50% on all clothing, they had some Surf pants but they looked like pyjamas so I grabbed 874s instead. It was funny, I hadn’t tried on different dickies before and they were low on sizes so I tried a pair of ”slim fits” (873 i guess?) in 31” and they were exactly the same size when worn at the hips as 33” 874s, I think some noted earlier in this or another thread that the measurements differ between ”worn at the waist” and ”worn at the hips”. But the slims where so disgusting, they felt too low, like the old school low waist jeans, and were tight around the thighs but loose (straight) below the knees so they looked like bell bottoms.

So the question is, do the creases on Dickies iron out?

they didn't when i tried that. and they don't just go away with time either. you'll probably destroy them before the crease goes.

slims are terrible, the crotch is so short, even when you wear em low your dick and balls will eventually migrate to one side and get stuck between pantleg and real leg. totally agree they feel like bell bottoms. also slims run at least one size larger around the waist, which makes no sense to me.

i was fine with dickies when i got them dirtcheap, but nowadays without shop discount i'd rather pay for some nicer pants tbh or hit the thrift shop.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #737 on: January 14, 2021, 06:42:26 PM »
If you ask me....874's don't even belong in this thread....they are traditional fits...less the leg openings, I've never felt they were loose.  I like them but if anything I find them kinda tight in the thigh....

That said....I just got the stay loose Levi's... 32x32 vs. Gap Barrels 32 x 34's

Barrel:  slight taper, higher waist, soft denim, a bit of sag, 2 rolls
Stay Loose: less taper, normal waist, baggier than barrels, 2 rolls

The stay loose is not as big as what polar is doing but up the same alley  Overall I think I like the barrels a bit more, to me the denim is just more wearable, and honestly I put the Levi's on and thought...maybe these are a bit big....that said...I'm used to wearing 874's...

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #738 on: January 14, 2021, 07:01:09 PM »
If you ask me....874's don't even belong in this thread....they are traditional fits...less the leg openings, I've never felt they were loose.  I like them but if anything I find them kinda tight in the thigh....

That said....I just got the stay loose Levi's... 32x32 vs. Gap Barrels 32 x 34's

The stay loose is not as big as what polar is doing but up the same alley  Overall I think I like the barrels a bit more, to me the denim is just more wearable, and honestly I put the Levi's on and thought...maybe these are a bit big....that said...I'm used to wearing 874's...

I just returned a pair of Gap Berrels that I got. They were way too tight and short. Even at 36 length too short. Super weird

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #739 on: January 14, 2021, 07:43:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just returned a pair of Gap Berrels that I got. They were way too tight and short. Even at 36 length too short. Super weird

Same, the leg opening a bit small and a bit short, but the thigh room was good and the material was nice. The stay loose definitely work better for me, not as much as some polars big bit more than a 550. Good sweet spot.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #740 on: January 14, 2021, 07:52:16 PM »
Barrels have been good, just got my black pair with 36 length. i am 6'4" and even I am making the 34 length work on the blue pair. @hobochimp how high you wearing on your waist? The pics on the site had them at a cropped fit from the get go. The leg opening is a bit narrow. They do break in and loosen up nicely, too. I dunno, exactly what I was looking for at $20 each.

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #741 on: January 14, 2021, 08:43:31 PM »
Can anyone who grabbed a pair of the barrel jeans post a pic? I want to see how they look worn

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #742 on: January 14, 2021, 09:13:51 PM »
Barrels have been good, just got my black pair with 36 length. i am 6'4" and even I am making the 34 length work on the blue pair. @hobochimp how high you wearing on your waist? The pics on the site had them at a cropped fit from the get go. The leg opening is a bit narrow. They do break in and loosen up nicely, too. I dunno, exactly what I was looking for at $20 each.

Just wore them a regular height haha. I’m 6’6 with long legs so that must be where the problem arrives

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #743 on: January 14, 2021, 10:14:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just wore them a regular height haha. I’m 6’6 with long legs so that must be where the problem arrives

I'm 6 5 and the 36 inseam ones were just long enough. Most pants 34 inseam suffices for me. They're definitely made to be a cropped kinda pant.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #744 on: January 14, 2021, 11:12:37 PM »
I agree....they are meant to be worn high with a belt....not on your hips but they seem to work ok....I got 34's which I never do...

This thread has gotten me thinking of becoming the Ben Degros of pants....

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #745 on: January 15, 2021, 04:50:23 AM »
I agree....they are meant to be worn high with a belt....not on your hips but they seem to work ok....I got 34's which I never do...

This thread has gotten me thinking of becoming the Ben Degros of pants....

I'd watch.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #746 on: January 15, 2021, 06:09:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm 6 5 and the 36 inseam ones were just long enough. Most pants 34 inseam suffices for me. They're definitely made to be a cropped kinda pant.

Damn all you guys need to put together a Tall Homies Only video.

I rarely see anyone over 6'2 on a board.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #747 on: January 15, 2021, 06:34:23 AM »
Anyone know what the brown cargos that Ronnie skates in Trilogy are ?

Where they made by Blind ?

https://youtu.be/MROEdKma7-0

Anyone know ?

Also are Kareem's jeans, blind jeans ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #748 on: January 15, 2021, 07:37:02 AM »
Just sent it on some Gap Stay Loose Hemp jeans that i'm real hyped about. I'm usually cheap about my pants so $37 was a bit of a stretch but i'm optimistic, will report back.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #749 on: January 16, 2021, 02:33:25 PM »
I fell victim to the hype and I bought some of the polar 93 jeans unfortunately I think they look really stupid on me. I usually wear Levi’s 550s or vintage carhartts jeans that fit  similar and I’ve always really liked how those fit, I’ve even worn the loose fit Dickie’s work pants which I think are wider in the leg than the 93s. For some reason I just think the 93s look like jnco raver jeans on me maybe it’s the light blue wash but it’s looking like these are receiving a thumbs down and it’s back to 550s