Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231204 times)

nevrwasben

Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #780 on: January 29, 2021, 12:22:35 PM »
Round two - made some jeans this time. Tweaked my old pattern a bit for a more relaxed fit, but it still needs a bit of work. Really happy with how they turned out though. Now if I can just figure out why my machine all of a sudden won't zig zag stitch evenly when I'm using top stitching thread - fucking annoying. Had to forego my usual back pocket style for some plain old straight stitching.

Anyone else actually making pants?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpBZ9qFZsE/
Just got my Juki DDL-8700 setup, but need to get my gravity feed iron going. Stoked to get to making some stuff soon. But to answer your question, no, not yet; but soon...

Glurmpz

« Reply #781 on: January 29, 2021, 01:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Round two - made some jeans this time. Tweaked my old pattern a bit for a more relaxed fit, but it still needs a bit of work. Really happy with how they turned out though. Now if I can just figure out why my machine all of a sudden won't zig zag stitch evenly when I'm using top stitching thread - fucking annoying. Had to forego my usual back pocket style for some plain old straight stitching.

[close]
Just got my Juki DDL-8700 setup, but need to get my gravity feed iron going. Stoked to get to making some stuff soon. But to answer your question, no, not yet; but soon...

Nice. I just have a cheap domestic Brother machine - only ever used an industrial machine a few times many years ago. Gotta say, I'm always impressed that an inexpensive domestic machine can sew through the thick parts of a pair of raw denim jeans. I've definitely broken a few needles though!

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #782 on: January 29, 2021, 01:05:18 PM »
Making your own jeans seems sick. I don't have that skill, but it must be nice to be able to make your own measurements and fit exactly how you want.

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #783 on: January 29, 2021, 02:39:29 PM »
Just bought some Ben Davis Gorilla Cut. Ben Davis is 10x better than Dickies. I now only wear my old dickies gear when I know I'm gonna get shit dirty.

nevrwasben

« Reply #784 on: January 29, 2021, 02:41:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Nice. I just have a cheap domestic Brother machine - only ever used an industrial machine a few times many years ago. Gotta say, I'm always impressed that an inexpensive domestic machine can sew through the thick parts of a pair of raw denim jeans. I've definitely broken a few needles though!
Hahaha, I feel you. Maybe we need a “post your homemade clothes” thread One of these days

Making your own jeans seems sick. I don't have that skill, but it must be nice to be able to make your own measurements and fit exactly how you want.
That’s the goal!

Glurmpz

« Reply #785 on: January 29, 2021, 05:48:03 PM »
Here's a better look at the fit of those jeans. Not quite as baggy as a relaxed fit, but slightly looser than the average regular fit jean. Gonna go baggier for the cargos I'm making next.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpppa6FTfK/

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #786 on: January 29, 2021, 05:58:49 PM »
@Glurmpz those look nice!!! im gettin into the world of pant creation as well... psyched to see someone else do it!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #787 on: January 29, 2021, 06:09:00 PM »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Glurmpz

« Reply #788 on: January 29, 2021, 06:34:06 PM »
@Glurmpz those look nice!!! im gettin into the world of pant creation as well... psyched to see someone else do it!

Hell yeah! Ok - that settles it. As soon as someone else has home made clothing photos to share, start a thread. I'd be stoked to chat with other people - I know I'll definitely learn some things.

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #789 on: January 29, 2021, 07:06:36 PM »
Carhartt pals what’s the best fit if I need some baggy bois in the rotation? Dungaree loose fits? Simple pants? Single knee fits? Never owned carhartt pants. Going for 100% cotton always. Never that stretch shit.

B11 is the way to go, B159s are alright but shrink heavily in the wash and are lighter weight

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #790 on: January 30, 2021, 02:21:52 AM »
I bought some corduroy “gardener pants” and they are amazing!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #791 on: January 30, 2021, 05:00:33 AM »
I missed out on the gap barrels. Any one try these before?

https://www.asos.com/us/asos-design/asos-design-barrel-jeans-in-mid-blue/prd/20431378
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #792 on: January 30, 2021, 07:49:21 AM »
Someone mentioned them in the thread that they were ok, I think...

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #793 on: January 30, 2021, 10:22:49 AM »
33x32 only size lift. Seems like a decent $20 option

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/bdg-bow-relaxed-fit-cropped-jean?category=mens-clothing-sale&color=108&type=REGULAR&quantity=1
I have a pair of these I got for $20. They're really nice for the price, they're a loose straight fit pant. Not the baggiest if you get them true to size like I did, but still roomier than 874s or other pants like that. They are very cropped though, so depends on whether you're into that kind of thing.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #794 on: January 30, 2021, 10:33:55 AM »
I have a pair of these I got for $20. They're really nice for the price, they're a loose straight fit pant. Not the baggiest if you get them true to size like I did, but still roomier than 874s or other pants like that. They are very cropped though, so depends on whether you're into that kind of thing.

What’s the taper like? I like the gap barrels but the taper kills it for me. I’m hoping they fit closer to the way I order 93 denim.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #795 on: January 30, 2021, 10:48:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What’s the taper like? I like the gap barrels but the taper kills it for me. I’m hoping they fit closer to the way I order 93 denim.
sold out. Yeah I hear you on the barrel taper but not enough to not wear. I like em

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #796 on: January 30, 2021, 11:14:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
sold out. Yeah I hear you on the barrel taper but not enough to not wear. I like em

Yeah I still have mine I just can’t wear them with the Crockett highs. They work fine with low shoes.

I’ll post those bdg ones when they come. I ordered before dropping the link and they were still available.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #797 on: January 30, 2021, 12:45:56 PM »
does anyone have a recommendation on corduroys that have a drawstring?  (aside from Polar)

also, anyone with the Levis 550 hemp denim- fit pics??

Mine just came in the mail,  here's a pic geared up to Brave the sub 20 degree elements for a flat ground session. Copped em on sale woth the link posted earlier and it came out to 50 bucks after taxes and shipping. More than I usually spend on pants, but not a bad deal compared to other "premium" jeans bought new. I sized up in the waist and fit is a lot like some khaki "baggy" silvertabs I have. Somebody said there isn't much taper, this is true! They're also pretty soft which is comfortable but they don't stack like traditional denim. All in all, great pant for skating. Can't wait to wear em in the summer, they're airy :)

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #798 on: January 30, 2021, 02:48:21 PM »
Been fucking with DGK cargos and Old Navy ultimate loose lately
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #799 on: January 30, 2021, 05:00:44 PM »
So what’s up with these polar warriors on depop selling used ass pants for $50-$100 over retail brand new? Am I missing something? Have I gotten this old that none of that shit makes any sense to me? I’m slightly triggered by seeing that

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #800 on: January 30, 2021, 05:09:09 PM »
So what’s up with these polar warriors on depop selling used ass pants for $50-$100 over retail brand new? Am I missing something? Have I gotten this old that none of that shit makes any sense to me? I’m slightly triggered by seeing that

Nah. Just assholes trying to make a buck.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #802 on: January 31, 2021, 04:22:42 PM »
if im considering grabbing a pair of ben davis pants and a tts dickies double knee is my favorite pant in terms of bagginess and comfort, should i go OG or Gorilla cut? The OGs look oddly tight on the leg in all of their pictures but the gorillas look well,,, gigantic. Can anyone speak from experience?
edit: when I say that the OGs look oddly tight on the leg, I am specifically referencing the upper thigh/butt area, which is where I like extra room.

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #803 on: January 31, 2021, 07:23:10 PM »
if im considering grabbing a pair of ben davis pants and a tts dickies double knee is my favorite pant in terms of bagginess and comfort, should i go OG or Gorilla cut? The OGs look oddly tight on the leg in all of their pictures but the gorillas look well,,, gigantic. Can anyone speak from experience?
edit: when I say that the OGs look oddly tight on the leg, I am specifically referencing the upper thigh/butt area, which is where I like extra room.

I go tts in the waist for Ben Davis, a good amount of room in the thigh/glute area.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #804 on: February 01, 2021, 11:02:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I go tts in the waist for Ben Davis, a good amount of room in the thigh/glute area.
is this for the OG cut or the gorilla cut?

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #805 on: February 01, 2021, 12:39:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
is this for the OG cut or the gorilla cut?
I would say either fit you're still good. I have beefy thighs for my size and have plenty of room in the regular ones. But be 100% about your waist size on those because there's no wiggle room there, they don't stretch.

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #806 on: February 01, 2021, 01:23:20 PM »
The new Butter Goods Santosuossos pockets look deep as hell. Seen dude fit a Henny bottle, champagne bottle, paint can and some other shit in the pockets on Orchard’s story.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #807 on: February 01, 2021, 04:27:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah I still have mine I just can’t wear them with the Crockett highs. They work fine with low shoes.

I’ll post those bdg ones when they come. I ordered before dropping the link and they were still available.
The taper on mine are very very minimal, if not non-existent. I'm not 100% sure if they're supposed to taper at all. I personally wear my jeans with my Crockett Highs a lot (inspired by the man himself lol) and they're a good looking combo.

I got the indigo denim ones that are sold out now, but they still make them in other colors. These show the fit of the jeans pretty well: https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/bdg-bow-fit-light-vintage-wash-jean?color=040&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #808 on: February 02, 2021, 05:03:04 PM »
size 33/36 regularly. would levi 550s in 38/40 be good for my caleb barnett cosplay?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #809 on: February 02, 2021, 05:34:38 PM »
size 33/36 regularly. would levi 550s in 38/40 be good for my caleb barnett cosplay?

yup you're gonna get bunching at the waist though.

edit: dont get 40 inseam wtf lol. just normal inseam is fine
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 07:53:04 PM by tzhangdox »