Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231257 times)

Koja510

Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1890 on: July 29, 2022, 03:26:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Range Elastic Baggy Taper

Range elastic loose taper (Salt wash)

I'm 5'10" wearing L.  Elastic waistband is life
[close]

What waist size do you think they're equivalent to? Those look nice but with no belt loops I dunno how safe I'd feel going on the looser side.

I'd say a 36".  They have built in drawstrings which solves that.  I'm typically a 34 and they feel loose, like I'm relying more on the drawstrings than I am the elastic.  I feel like the M wouldn't be as baggy though.  I'm really interested to see how they fit after a shrink cycle in the dryer, these are unwashed.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1891 on: August 01, 2022, 08:24:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are there any decent loose fit jeans with proper stretch (at least 2% elastane) in them? I love the fit of the Polar 93s but I could do with some stretch especially when they get really sweaty. Loosest jeans with stretch I have are Volcom Modown jeans and they’re more of a relaxed fit instead of loose.
[close]

Levi's 550 has a few colors with stretch. Go a couple sizes up for loose fit. Super comfortable.
[close]

Thanks. For some reason the 550 seems to next to nonexistent in Europe. I did find Levi’s skateboarding baggy jeans but am wondering if those would be more similar to Polar Big Boys which don’t really work that well for me. Maybe I’ll order a pair to see how they fit.

Thanks @chillclinton87. I can’t do Nike. Some chinos would be cool though.

polar surf pants and the welcome principal pants

someone shit on the welcome pants earlier i think because they put them in the dryer but i have a pair and honestly they're pretty solid just a wee-bit heavy for the summer months.
good come sausage

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1892 on: August 01, 2022, 08:38:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are there any decent loose fit jeans with proper stretch (at least 2% elastane) in them? I love the fit of the Polar 93s but I could do with some stretch especially when they get really sweaty. Loosest jeans with stretch I have are Volcom Modown jeans and they’re more of a relaxed fit instead of loose.
[close]

Levi's 550 has a few colors with stretch. Go a couple sizes up for loose fit. Super comfortable.
[close]

Thanks. For some reason the 550 seems to next to nonexistent in Europe. I did find Levi’s skateboarding baggy jeans but am wondering if those would be more similar to Polar Big Boys which don’t really work that well for me. Maybe I’ll order a pair to see how they fit.

[close]

someone shit on the welcome pants earlier i think because they put them in the dryer but i have a pair and honestly they're pretty solid just a wee-bit heavy for the summer months.

Thanks. I should have specified that I’m looking for pants with stretch in the fabric. The waist is not the problem for me, it’s the crotch. I can’t wear my pants very high as they simply won’t stay there and look goofy on me. So if the rise of the pants is high and there’s no stretch, that can become a bit of a problem especially when the pants start becoming sweaty and start binding to my skin.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1893 on: August 01, 2022, 02:37:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Picked up some vans range relaxed loose tapered.  They are big boys for sure but comfy and light
[close]

Shit. I just ordered some thinking they'd be more "relaxed" loose. How baggy are they?

Update: Got my black Vans Range pants and damn, they are much bigger than I was expecting.

I got a medium (I'm 5' 11", 170), but they're parachute pants on me: Long and super wide. Gonna run 'em through the dryer, but may be looking to sell.

Thebird

• Rep: 152
« Reply #1894 on: August 01, 2022, 08:50:50 PM »
Anybody try the Polar 93 cargos?  If so, how do they fit?  The price is the only thing holding me back, but I cannot find loose fit cargos with a 34" inseam anywhere.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1895 on: August 02, 2022, 04:17:29 AM »
Anybody try the Polar 93 cargos?  If so, how do they fit?  The price is the only thing holding me back, but I cannot find loose fit cargos with a 34" inseam anywhere.

m65 model surplus cargos are usually very loose/baggy.

would just buy a cheap replica like this:

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1896 on: August 02, 2022, 05:38:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

m65 model surplus cargos are usually very loose/baggy.

would just buy a cheap replica like this:

Got that genie look to em lol. Better off sizing up in some rothco regular fit zipper fly pants

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1897 on: August 03, 2022, 01:12:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks. I should have specified that I’m looking for pants with stretch in the fabric. The waist is not the problem for me, it’s the crotch. I can’t wear my pants very high as they simply won’t stay there and look goofy on me. So if the rise of the pants is high and there’s no stretch, that can become a bit of a problem especially when the pants start becoming sweaty and start binding to my skin.

@Roisto juste saw your answer....was moving places the last weekend. 550 Levi's you can find on ebay mostly coming from England usually! 1 or 2 sizes up.
The Surf pants don't have stretch in em but move up/ highwater a bit with you just like dickies or carhartt workpants. if you get the surf pants the right size that should not be a problem too. worst case is you degrade the sufs to chiller pants/ non skating pants and have it real comfy! i wear my surfs to work in summer- always look fitting for my work environment and they are no hot boxes wich is nice!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1898 on: August 03, 2022, 01:25:25 AM »
Got that genie look to em lol. Better off sizing up in some rothco regular fit zipper fly pants

i mean that's cause someone pulled the legopenings together, you can wear them straight legged, too. i like regular bdus more as well, you are correct that they won't be really baggy unless you size up tho.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #1899 on: August 03, 2022, 06:26:35 AM »
Magenta OG denim fits better than any other companies baggy jeans for me. Perfect amount of taper , Length and waist for me on a size medium.  Way better than big boys, 93’s , butter goods phillys etc. check ‘em out

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1900 on: August 03, 2022, 08:45:48 AM »
Magenta OG denim fits better than any other companies baggy jeans for me. Perfect amount of taper , Length and waist for me on a size medium.  Way better than big boys, 93’s , butter goods phillys etc. check ‘em out
this guys knows. I love the 93’s but if I need a lil more bag, I been running the OG denims in the dark blue with orange stitch. Fit is amazing. I’ll eventually snag the black and light wash. They have the Magenta OG chino Cords in the same fit but they only on Magenta website currently.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1901 on: August 03, 2022, 09:54:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

@Roisto juste saw your answer....was moving places the last weekend. 550 Levi's you can find on ebay mostly coming from England usually! 1 or 2 sizes up.
The Surf pants don't have stretch in em but move up/ highwater a bit with you just like dickies or carhartt workpants. if you get the surf pants the right size that should not be a problem too. worst case is you degrade the sufs to chiller pants/ non skating pants and have it real comfy! i wear my surfs to work in summer- always look fitting for my work environment and they are no hot boxes wich is nice!

The surf pants have been tempting me. I’m worried they might be too short though. I’ve been spending a lot of money recently and the summer is soon over so maybe I’ll leave the surf pant consideration for next spring.

I wish I had the balls to wear such stuff to work. Our office is so fancy corporate “smart” even though there’s no dress code and no one will give you shit for wearing whatever but almost everyone is dressed up real smart and I don’t like attention that much.  :-X

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1902 on: August 03, 2022, 04:59:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The surf pants have been tempting me. I’m worried they might be too short though. I’ve been spending a lot of money recently and the summer is soon over so maybe I’ll leave the surf pant consideration for next spring.

I wish I had the balls to wear such stuff to work. Our office is so fancy corporate “smart” even though there’s no dress code and no one will give you shit for wearing whatever but almost everyone is dressed up real smart and I don’t like attention that much.  :-X

I’m 6’4” with a 32-34” inseam and I got the medium tall surf pants and they fit great. Plenty of length. They do high water a little when I sit down but not bad

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1903 on: August 03, 2022, 07:08:17 PM »
In the uk are Levi’s or dickies more tha carhartt WIP?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1904 on: August 03, 2022, 08:53:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
:P

I’m 6’4” with a 32-34” inseam and I got the medium tall surf pants and they fit great. Plenty of length. They do high water a little when I sit down but not bad

Thanks. I didn’t know they made different length versions. I’m about 6’2” and inseam is 32-34” depending on the fit so maybe they could work nicely for me! All this new info is tempting me even worse but I’ll still try to hold until I have a better financial situation.  :P

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1905 on: August 04, 2022, 06:06:04 AM »
Sorry if I asked about this earlier, but does anyone here have the Vans Authentic Loose chino? I think those elastic baggy ones posted earlier might be too big for me, and I have a pair of the standard Vans chinos that are a tad too slim for my taste, so I'm sorta thinking Loose chino might be my goldilocks pant.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #1906 on: August 05, 2022, 10:25:42 AM »
I know I am late to this game, but since I'm apparently at least one or two pant sizes up from what I was throughout my 30s, I pulled the trigger on some CCS relaxed original chinos and these things are pretty great. They're definitely not Polar Surf loose, which is fine as I am nearly 42 years old, but plenty loose for skating with a very nice, high quality cotton that softened nicely after just one washing. Definitely a pair of skate pants you could wear on a date or to work without being self-conscious. Price is great, too.

Since, as I noted, I am now a fully larger human being in need of new pants, I just ordered four more.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1907 on: August 05, 2022, 11:00:40 AM »
I just bought a couple pairs of 550s off a pal (shout out to @Urtripping ) and they're great. I bought TTS so they're loose but definitely not baggy, and they taper really nicely at the cuff. If you want a baggy fit, you probably need to order 1-2 sizes up in the waist.

Plenty of room in the thigh and knee, there's no stretch but I didn't feel inhibited at all skating.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #1908 on: August 05, 2022, 11:52:27 AM »
I've managed to hold off on buying any Polar pants until recently when I finally caved and got the 44 cords from a crazy MLTD sale. They're not baggy per say but more of a loose wide leg fit similar to my Ceeblues and Butter Goods loose fit. I really like the fit of them but my only complaint is that the cord material is thick and kind of rough. Not as soft as any of my other cord pants, but maybe they'll break in and soften with wear.

Basingstoke

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1909 on: August 05, 2022, 01:03:04 PM »

Carhartt WIP costs the most then possibly Dickies (wearing Dickies in the UK is basically Cosplay) and then Levis Skateboarding.

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #1910 on: August 05, 2022, 01:12:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

same!  i'm 6'3 about 195lbs and also rock an M-tall in the surf pants.  i could definitely do a large also, but they would be baggier than id want.  the M allows for the waist to stay put and still give me a good silhouette

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #1911 on: August 05, 2022, 05:13:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Carhartt WIP costs the most then possibly Dickies (wearing Dickies in the UK is basically Cosplay) and then Levis Skateboarding.

What about just regular Levis?  I always hear what people pay for dickies in the rest of the world and laugh… not worth it. 

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #1912 on: August 05, 2022, 05:19:07 PM »
Those eS baggy pants look like they have some potential to be nice fitting, but given what I’ve heard about the shoes these days I’d be worried about quality
https://esskateboarding.com/collections/apparel/products/baggy-denim-light-blue-5130002112-450

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #1913 on: August 07, 2022, 08:05:28 AM »
I just bought a couple pairs of 550s off a pal (shout out to @Urtripping ) and they're great. I bought TTS so they're loose but definitely not baggy, and they taper really nicely at the cuff. If you want a baggy fit, you probably need to order 1-2 sizes up in the waist.

Plenty of room in the thigh and knee, there's no stretch but I didn't feel inhibited at all skating.

Hell yeah glad they're working! I love a pair of 550s in 36x30. If you're 5'8"-6' and medium build, they'll be nice and loose but still have a nice noticeable taper and slim leg opening.

560s are sick too tho, you can buy tts and they are a baggier fit.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

fergus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1914 on: August 08, 2022, 01:33:01 AM »
Anyone got that full butter goods size chart? It was posted in here awhile back but I can't find it here or online anymore.

Not sure if you've found it but here you go

fergus

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1916 on: August 08, 2022, 12:23:43 PM »
Apologies for the double post but these look sick

https://www.volcom.com.au/collections/mens-clothing-pants-chinos/products/skate-vitals-cj-collins-pant-dark-brown?variant=39449959202903

I don't trust Volcom anymore after I got their shorts with such awful pockets that my phone would constantly fall out randomly. I forgot about that issue and put the shots on to go skating one day... My phone fell out while lightly pushing down the street (not even doing an ollie). First time I ever cracked a phone screen even a little bit.

I'm sure their pants are fine besides those, but "I don't trust like that".
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

fergus

« Reply #1917 on: August 09, 2022, 03:11:12 AM »

I don't trust Volcom anymore after I got their shorts with such awful pockets that my phone would constantly fall out randomly. I forgot about that issue and put the shots on to go skating one day... My phone fell out while lightly pushing down the street (not even doing an ollie). First time I ever cracked a phone screen even a little bit.

I'm sure their pants are fine besides those, but "I don't trust like that".

That's borderline unforgivable but give them another chance, I have a pair of the billow jeans and don't have that problem.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1918 on: August 11, 2022, 11:12:26 AM »
quick question: How is the fit on the Polar 44 Pants compared to a 93 Jeans- Like width and inseam?

If i get the totally confusing sizing on the polar Page right they are fairly long?

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1919 on: August 11, 2022, 11:28:28 AM »
quick question: How is the fit on the Polar 44 Pants compared to a 93 Jeans- Like width and inseam?

If i get the totally confusing sizing on the polar Page right they are fairly long?
So I have the the 93s and 44s in the same size. The 44's are more baggier (almost too much for my liking, if anyone is interested in olive 30x30, send me a dm!) and the inseam is slightly longer. I don't have to cuff the 93s; with the 44s, I do.