Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 232503 times)

Rubbrick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 140
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2100 on: October 29, 2022, 06:06:41 AM »
what’s the sizing like on polar 44 pants? is the waist tts or does it fit a bit big? MLTD is having another 30% off sale goods…

I bought some green 44! and they fit much bigger than my 93’s. The waist on the 44! Is a tad bigger and they seemed about 2 inches longer (both 32x32). I also wear 33/34 waist in most other brands, so they definitely fit bigger overall

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #2101 on: October 29, 2022, 11:28:09 AM »
Just got my second pair of 550s. Definitely my favourite loose fit jeans, the taper is perfect.

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 44
« Reply #2102 on: October 29, 2022, 01:13:25 PM »
Just got my second pair of 550s. Definitely my favourite loose fit jeans, the taper is perfect.

I had some grey orange tab 550 tapers in 2011 or so and they were my favorite pants for sure

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #2103 on: November 03, 2022, 06:20:26 PM »
Very specific I know but could anyone tell me which has thicker cotton out of theories stamp lounge pants and polar surf pants?

@badmanganjaspliff

Alright I've got them side by side.

I would say that that the Surf are thinner (but not necessarily in a good way?) and the Lounge are thicker. Feels like the Surf wont last as long as the Theories Lounge.

Lounge also look better IMO, and feel a bit better in how they fit.

They are very similar in a lot of ways but here is how I would say they differ.

Lounge:
+ Price
+ Slightly thicker and more durable?
+ Better shape (looks better and feels/moves with you well
+ Belt Loop and front button
+ Perfect for cold Fall weather
- Too warm for even moderately warm weather
- Vertical side pocket

Surf:
+ Better for warmer weather
+ Lighter
+ Thin
- Thin
- Weird shape in terms of where its baggy on the leg (sort of balloons out)
- No Belt Loop (but has a loop for your keys which is half a +)
- Vertical side pocket
- Price

I wouldn't buy either of these at full price personally, but I would definitely say the Lounge are a way better value. I'm not an expert on pants, but the Lounge feel at least the same, maybe better quality; and are cheaper. If they were the same price I would choose the Lounge over the Surf pants personally.

I haven't had any other pants from either brands, but this side-by-side is making me feel like you're paying for the brand with the Polar Surf pants? Again, I don't know a ton about pants though.

I definitely recommend the WKND Loosies Ripstop if you like this type of pants. They're a bit more lightweight like the Surf pants, but feel better and seem more durable. Loosies for warmer weather, Lounge for medium/cool weather, and I would probably wear something else during winter (or put some long underwear under the Lounge).

I haven't gotten to skate in the Surf pants yet, so maybe I will have a more glowing review of them once I do... but I am concerned about durability before I even skate them.

Let me know if anyone has a question about these two.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

badmanganjaspliff

• Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #2104 on: November 04, 2022, 08:17:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Very specific I know but could anyone tell me which has thicker cotton out of theories stamp lounge pants and polar surf pants?
[close]

@badmanganjaspliff

Alright I've got them side by side.

I would say that that the Surf are thinner (but not necessarily in a good way?) and the Lounge are thicker. Feels like the Surf wont last as long as the Theories Lounge.

Lounge also look better IMO, and feel a bit better in how they fit.

They are very similar in a lot of ways but here is how I would say they differ.

Lounge:
+ Price
+ Slightly thicker and more durable?
+ Better shape (looks better and feels/moves with you well
+ Belt Loop and front button
+ Perfect for cold Fall weather
- Too warm for even moderately warm weather
- Vertical side pocket

Surf:
+ Better for warmer weather
+ Lighter
+ Thin
- Thin
- Weird shape in terms of where its baggy on the leg (sort of balloons out)
- No Belt Loop (but has a loop for your keys which is half a +)
- Vertical side pocket
- Price

I wouldn't buy either of these at full price personally, but I would definitely say the Lounge are a way better value. I'm not an expert on pants, but the Lounge feel at least the same, maybe better quality; and are cheaper. If they were the same price I would choose the Lounge over the Surf pants personally.

I haven't had any other pants from either brands, but this side-by-side is making me feel like you're paying for the brand with the Polar Surf pants? Again, I don't know a ton about pants though.

I definitely recommend the WKND Loosies Ripstop if you like this type of pants. They're a bit more lightweight like the Surf pants, but feel better and seem more durable. Loosies for warmer weather, Lounge for medium/cool weather, and I would probably wear something else during winter (or put some long underwear under the Lounge).

I haven't gotten to skate in the Surf pants yet, so maybe I will have a more glowing review of them once I do... but I am concerned about durability before I even skate them.

Let me know if anyone has a question about these two.
Thank you my friend you are a legend for that. Great information I think I’m leaning toward the lounge pants for sure, especially good 2 know about the fit. Think I’ll keep an eye on the sales and try and scoop up a brown pair

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2105 on: November 04, 2022, 09:12:57 AM »
Thank you my friend you are a legend for that. Great information I think I’m leaning toward the lounge pants for sure, especially good 2 know about the fit. Think I’ll keep an eye on the sales and try and scoop up a brown pair

Yeah, definitely.

I've seen people make the Surf pants work and look good on them by hedging towards sizing down... but for me the elastic waistband was really uncomfortably tight, so that wasn't an option. So with sizing up, its got that puffiness to it that I'm not digging. "Dorky" is the word that come to mind in terms of the shape, but I know that is sort of Polar's "style" for a lot of things. Maybe after washing it and wearing it a few times they will settle down and the shape will improve.

The Lounge pants just feel like they are loose in the right places for skateboarding, and look nice to me. I don't know enough about pants to describe why that is.

Yeah, I think the brown ones look really nice. I'm mad I missed out on the ones with contrast stitching.

In terms of sales, I got mine directly from https://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/collections/lounge-pants when they had a sale, so maybe check out their site around Black Friday? They actually threw in a free beanie which was unexpected. Picked up a ton of skate mags too... they carry a ton, even ones that are hard to get in the US... not sure if I've seen another online store that has such a good variety of mags.

I think I recall seeing them on sale somewhere else too at some point, but can't remember.

If you circle back around for the Surf pants eventually, MLTD had a pretty crazy sale that put them at a reasonable price Even then, can't fully recommend them until I skate them a bit as well as see how long they last.

Bror

• Rep: 23
« Reply #2106 on: November 14, 2022, 09:36:03 AM »
So i got some pairs of baggy jeans that i not really feel anymore and need some styling advice. I mean they feel nice to skate in but im a little over the super baggy look on myself. 2 pairs of big boy style jeans and a poetic painter pant thats a straight cult.

How do you guys style them to look a little big and more casual?

Also I got a pair of lighter Green corderouys that i bought because they were 25€ and carhartt, figured i could skate in them but idk what colors to match them with? The combination of corderouys and that green color is just so extra

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 309
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2107 on: November 14, 2022, 02:52:32 PM »
So i got some pairs of baggy jeans that i not really feel anymore and need some styling advice. I mean they feel nice to skate in but im a little over the super baggy look on myself. 2 pairs of big boy style jeans and a poetic painter pant thats a straight cult.

Also I got a pair of lighter Green corderouys that i bought because they were 25€ and carhartt, figured i could skate in them but idk what colors to match them with? The combination of corderouys and that green color is just so extra
white tee, all black shoes, green cords seems like a good combo

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #2108 on: November 14, 2022, 04:02:31 PM »

Baggy jeans with a fitted tee shirt is a good go to casual fit without looking too much like all the skatepark groms in their 90s cosplay fits. And my fitted, I mean wearing a shirt in your correct size. You don't need to go slim fit.

And my go to for louder colored pants is either white or black on top. You can't really go wrong with black and green or white and green as color combos. Bonus points if you contrast it with the opposite color shoes, like what @notinternetfamous was suggesting.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1055
« Reply #2109 on: November 16, 2022, 09:40:25 PM »
Was thinking of starting a new thread but I think loose pants can be extended to loose fit sweatpants.

Who’s got a nice pair to recommend?

Heavy and baggy for winter?

Looking at Champion or Nike, but I noticed that  Dickies and Carhartt WIP also have sweatpants.

Anyone have a great pair a sweatpants with deep pockets that don’t pill?

This company looks pretty good but I am not familiar.

https://losangelesapparel.net/products/hf04gd-pigment-dye-heavy-fleece-sweatpant?variant=31603953893438

nekro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2110 on: November 16, 2022, 11:59:47 PM »
Just ordered some Levi's Silvertabs in the black friday sale. I'll report back once they arrive, keen to see how they compare to my Polar 92s.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2111 on: November 17, 2022, 03:12:04 AM »
Was thinking of starting a new thread but I think loose pants can be extended to loose fit sweatpants.

Looking at Champion or Nike, but I noticed that  Dickies and Carhartt WIP also have sweatpants.

https://losangelesapparel.net/products/hf04gd-pigment-dye-heavy-fleece-sweatpant?variant=31603953893438

I’d be interested also. I have some Volcom sweatpants which aren’t the best quality but the fit is so nice. They look awesome and feel really good too. Most normal sweatpants are aren’t baggy enough and are kinda short also and have a waist that’s too loose. The Volcom ones I have are perfect other than the material seems a bit thin and is pilling also. They’re from quite a few years back and not available anymore.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2112 on: November 17, 2022, 09:19:19 AM »
I got a pair of grand trading ones that I’m really happy with, thick and fit baggy enough but I find you don’t want them too heavy and baggy because then they fall down.  You get them too tapered and think..they’re yoga pants There’s a happy medium for sure.  I had a pair of the first reigning champ samples $5 at a sample sale, lasted 15 years.  They don’t really make stuff as thick anymore I don’t think though. You prolly know this but something to be conscious of is the weight ie. the heavy duty JSP ones are 24 oz..

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #2113 on: November 17, 2022, 10:22:59 AM »

LA Apparel is the reincarnation of American Apparel I'm pretty sure, Dov Charney trying t get back into the schmatta business.

I will say I bought some Palace sweats from one of their last sales and they're extremely nice. Super thick, nice material, holding up well so far. Too warm to skate in sometimes. I ordered TTS so they aren't extremely baggy

Bror

• Rep: 23
« Reply #2114 on: November 17, 2022, 01:26:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Baggy jeans with a fitted tee shirt is a good go to casual fit without looking too much like all the skatepark groms in their 90s cosplay fits. And my fitted, I mean wearing a shirt in your correct size. You don't need to go slim fit.

And my go to for louder colored pants is either white or black on top. You can't really go wrong with black and green or white and green as color combos. Bonus points if you contrast it with the opposite color shoes, like what @notinternetfamous was suggesting.

thanks man, yea the plain tee and baggy pants is nice. But with winter coming up ive had trouble finding tops that doesnt look to big with the pants. Maybe its just in my head, i get self consious at times thinking i look just like the kids at the park.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1102
« Reply #2115 on: November 17, 2022, 01:45:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Agreed. I usually pair baggy pants (which aren't that baggy) with a clean and well fitting collared or t-shirt.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2116 on: November 17, 2022, 02:49:00 PM »
For everyone living in a cold climate, I've got a recommendation.

I got these on a solid sale a while ago (wouldn't recommend them at full price, but keep an eye out for Black Friday sales):
https://www.activerideshop.com/collections/all/products/active-cargo-pant-military-green

They are lightweight, yet warm. They will probably be my goto winter skate pants. They're too warm to skate in rest of the year though, imo.

I bet if I combined these with long underwear, it would make winter sessions not so bad.

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 145
« Reply #2117 on: November 17, 2022, 03:15:12 PM »
I figured I’d try my chances of asking this here.

I’m having a hell of a time trying to find decent baggy cargo joggers anywhere online. It’s the cold season up here, and I need something warmer for night skating.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be hugely appreciated.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #2119 on: November 19, 2022, 05:28:46 PM »

I’m having a hell of a time trying to find decent baggy cargo joggers anywhere online. It’s the cold season up here, and I need something warmer for night skating.

Pointing you in the right direction would be saying to you dont wear cargo joggers

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1055
« Reply #2120 on: November 19, 2022, 05:41:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pointing you in the right direction would be saying to you dont wear cargo joggers

This is probably sound advice but in my search for sweatpants I saw these…

https://www.adidas.com/us/adicolor-essentials-trefoil-cargo-pants/HK0184.html?af_channel=Search&af_click_lookback=30d&af_reengagement_window=30d&c=PLA&cm_mmc=AdieSEM_Feeds-_-GoogleProductAds-_-NA-_-HK0184&cm_mmca1=US&cm_mmca2=NA&dfw_tracker=24819-HK0184-0005&gbraid=0AAAAADrRVUjzGV-0dwG3kn9oi4JW-sOat&gbraid=0AAAAADrRVUjzGV-0dwG3kn9oi4JW-sOat&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3p_E4s-7-wIVj4jICh3XEgwlEAQYASABEgIPmfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&is_retargeting=true&kpid=HK0184&pid=googleadwords_temp&sourceid=543457011HK0184

I don’t believe joggers are meant to be baggy.

Puddy Smally

« Reply #2121 on: November 19, 2022, 05:50:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I won’t defer to you unless you post a fit in the “post your fit” thread.

It’s mostly for nostalgia/comfort purposes for my nightly solo sessions post work. It’s not for fashion purposes, or skating with the homies.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2122 on: November 19, 2022, 06:42:09 PM »
I’m ok bringin jargos into this conversation and believe there is a place for them….but like the thread says…they should be loose. 

Puddy Smally

« Reply #2123 on: November 19, 2022, 06:56:06 PM »
I’m ok bringin jargos into this conversation and believe there is a place for them….but like the thread says…they should be loose.

Thanks dawg, that’s what I’m saying.

I’m not asking for critiques for what I’m wearing skating solo winter night sessions, just trying to see if someone can help a dude out.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #2124 on: November 19, 2022, 08:01:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It’s mostly for nostalgia/comfort purposes for my nightly solo sessions post work. It’s not for fashion purposes, or skating with the homies.
I like your logic that I have to post a "fit" to comment about types of pants in the loose pants thread
Its good.
  Anyway I was only Kidding around.  Your pants are none of my business  ;)

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2125 on: November 19, 2022, 08:04:14 PM »
Nothing wrong with cargo joggers most pants look goofy outside of wooden toy play dates anyway

Puddy Smally

« Reply #2126 on: November 19, 2022, 08:33:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I like your logic that I have to post a "fit" to comment about types of pants in the loose pants thread
Its good.

Nah you’re good.

I just didn’t like having to explain why I was asking for what I was specifically asking. I don’t even like the idea of wearing joggers out, but I’m prioritizing warmth for winter nights.

There’s a well lit overhang just down the road that is my practice spot.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2127 on: November 19, 2022, 10:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks dawg, that’s what I’m saying.

I’m not asking for critiques for what I’m wearing skating solo winter night sessions, just trying to see if someone can help a dude out.

A jargo would work much better with long underwear than a pair of dickies for those cold winter nights….

Until Polar drops poggers you’re just gonna have to figure it out on your own…..

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2128 on: November 20, 2022, 01:54:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Its good.
[close]

Nah you’re good.

I just didn’t like having to explain why I was asking for what I was specifically asking. I don’t even like the idea of wearing joggers out, but I’m prioritizing warmth for winter nights.

There’s a well lit overhang just down the road that is my practice spot.

I don't know anything about joggers tbh, but my pro tip is to Google whatever you're looking for plus "ripstop" and also check out the "Shopping" tab on Google

I've never heard of this brand and don't know their reputation but are any of these what you are looking for? Looks like they're having a sale?: https://www.brooklyncloth.com/collections/ripstop-joggers

Other search terms that might be helpful for pants that are both mobile enough and durable enough for Skateboarding might be "hiking" "climbing" "work" "outdoor" or "military" "combat" "tactical".

Post whatever you end up getting.

Here are some random links I found... I don't know shit about brands so other people will have to say how bad any of these are or any of these websites/stores are. Just random links I found that might be relevant:

https://www.amazon.com/ebossy-Multi-Pocket-Military-Combat-Ripstop/dp/B0969LDV9Y?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A3AKXTDACK0KGX

https://kclot.com/products/tactical-utility-joggers-v2?currency=USD&variant=39447111893152&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4IqW07-8-wIVITizAB0j8QzEEAQYASABEgJuufD_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Scrubs-C56110-Ripstop-Jogger/dp/B09MSRHDDX/ref=asc_df_B09MSRHDDX/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598272727573&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6060638840039853842&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021730&hvtargid=pla-1659824762080&psc=1

https://www.unionbay.com/products/davis-cargo-jogger-pant-reg-and-big-tall-grey-goose?variant=40431312142515
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 02:17:35 AM by FuzzGNU »

Puddy Smally

« Reply #2129 on: November 20, 2022, 04:07:02 AM »
Thanks for the links guys! Maybe I should be searching for straight up sweats?

Anyways, I just picked up some of the Dime baggy jeans in the Winter 2022 drop. They look like they’re gonna be a little more substantial than the DJCO jeans from the previous release.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 01:04:45 PM by Puddy Smally »
Do you get deja vu, huh?