Author Topic: Bones red big balls  (Read 1218 times)

UPPERCASEnocap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Bones red big balls
« on: January 11, 2020, 09:18:54 PM »
I purchased these (bones big balls) last summer and absolutely loved them. Seemed like a huge upgrade from regular reds for less then 10 bucks more.

However, I noticed that 4 of the 8 bearings had broken cages. It didn't effect performance, or I didn't noticed it for a while.

I've never had a problem with cages on bones like THAT. Its been cold, like below freezing, and I've been garage skating alot so I give some blame to that, but I have multiple setups (different bearings.. Raws, super reds, triple ogs) that I also skate regularly and no issues like this.

I did a quick search both online and here and didn't see any similar issues reported. Did I get a bad set?

Also, is there no bearing thread? If not, I'll start one. There needs to be a place to discuss bearings without cluttering new topics.

Thanks and peace! ✌️

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Bones red big balls
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 06:29:03 AM »
You should email Powel, they are pretty responsive....

MongoSwitchIsIllegal

• Rep: -6
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 09:08:06 PM »
My big balls have been breaking easy too.
Wu Wei - The Art of Doing Nothing - Effortless Action

KILLEDTHEPOOL

• Rep: 17
  • I'm not a player I just throw up a lot.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 01:04:40 AM »
I purchased these (bones big balls) last summer and absolutely loved them. Seemed like a huge upgrade from regular reds for less then 10 bucks more.

However, I noticed that 4 of the 8 bearings had broken cages. It didn't effect performance, or I didn't noticed it for a while.

I've never had a problem with cages on bones like THAT. Its been cold, like below freezing, and I've been garage skating alot so I give some blame to that, but I have multiple setups (different bearings.. Raws, super reds, triple ogs) that I also skate regularly and no issues like this.

I did a quick search both online and here and didn't see any similar issues reported. Did I get a bad set?

Also, is there no bearing thread? If not, I'll start one. There needs to be a place to discuss bearings without cluttering new topics.

Thanks and peace! ✌️

you didn’t buy them off amazon, did you?
Ⓐ//Ⓔskate fast or d̶o̶n̶t̶ DIE!