Author Topic: “Rip Proof” shoelaces  (Read 3997 times)

al_cvbrera

Re: “Rip Proof” shoelaces
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2021, 08:02:54 AM »
Expand Quote
I swear by the laces on https://www.notsponsored.shop/ by Christian Flores. I put one pair of white laces on 2 different shoes and they have no sign of coming apart any time soon. Only VERY light fraying. The two shoes were the Vans chima 2’s and the DC Tiago S shoe before he left for New Balance. The Chima 2’s especially have a lace placement very low near the flick area and this ONE set of laces are barely breaking a sweat while they’re on the DC’s.

I put a pair of black laces on my DC Evan Smith S’s and they have an even lower lace placement than the Chima 2s. The original laces that both the Vans and DC’s came with ripped in the first or second session. But with these laces, they will definitely far surpass the life span of MULTIPLE shoes. Thats how rigid and solid they are.

My only issue with them is that they don’t hold the knot that securely when you tie them but that can be fixed by just pulling harder on them.

Plus they’re only 12 bucks for a set. I got 2 in white and 2 in black. I put one black pair on my regular everyday walking shoes because they look pretty good too.

HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND. And no bullshit I think I don’t have to worry about laces ripping for years now. and no I’m not involved with that site or Christian in anyway.
[close]

A friend turned me on to these. Unfortunately they wore down my mob grip tape fast. I was thinking perhaps because mob is a coarser grip and latches on too much. Are you on Jessup?
i'm on shake junt. i think you're experiencing that with Mob because thats just how Mob wears down. really grippy at first then theres a drop off after a couple of sessions.

Banging in the Slammer

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2021, 08:18:44 AM »
Hmmm, I don’t think that’s the case. I do the mob rub down. It was more like when there’s a rock stuck in your shoe. It ripped the grans of grip right off leaving streaks of smooth black. I really wanted to like the laces but… yeah  :(

al_cvbrera

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2021, 08:21:48 AM »
Hmmm, I don’t think that’s the case. I do the mob rub down. It was more like when there’s a rock stuck in your shoe. It ripped the grans of grip right off leaving streaks of smooth black. I really wanted to like the laces but… yeah  :(
thats weird. never heard of that happening before. well, if its still functional and grips then it might just be a cosmetic thing. better than having to switch out laces after every session.

try putting them in the washer with your clothes, maybe that'll get some of whatever its coated with off of it and would make it snag less.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2021, 06:54:25 PM »
Got these on May 29th from notsponsored.shop . This is how they look 2 and a half weeks later. I skate almost every day for like 3 hours each sesh. I do alot of kickflips and heelflips and ollies. I only not skate if i’m too sore or if its raining out. Skated almost exclusively on DC Tiago S. Maybe 2 or 3 sessions on the chima 2’s. These laces are legit