Author Topic: Ian Michna | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 178  (Read 7631 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Ian Michna | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 178
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 09:08:25 AM »
LOL at a resource centre for aging pros to teach them how to survive outside of being a pro skateboarder.
The Ian Michna Center for Pro Skateboarders Who Can't Work Good And Want To Do Other Stuff Good Too
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »
Expand Quote
LOL at a resource centre for aging pros to teach them how to survive outside of being a pro skateboarder.
[close]
The Ian Michna Center for Pro Skateboarders Who Can't Work Good And Want To Do Other Stuff Good Too

Basically exactly what I was thinking.

Glurmpz

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2020, 09:48:58 AM »
Maybe I'm just old, but this guy seems very 'millennial'. Turned it off. I rarely check Jenkem, so the kid who runs it is not a compelling guest to me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:56:35 AM by Glurmpz »

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2020, 09:57:06 AM »
Maybe I'm just old, but this guy seems very 'millennial'. Is giving someone a Smirnoff Ice a millennial prank or something? Anyway, turned it off. Maybe this is appealing to younger skaters, but running Jenkem is not interesting to me and I've never heard of this guy. He kinda just seems arrogant.

*reluctantly loads 'ok boomer' cannon*

Glurmpz

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2020, 10:51:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Maybe I'm just old, but this guy seems very 'millennial'. Is giving someone a Smirnoff Ice a millennial prank or something? Anyway, turned it off. Maybe this is appealing to younger skaters, but running Jenkem is not interesting to me and I've never heard of this guy. He kinda just seems arrogant.
[close]

*reluctantly loads 'ok boomer' cannon*

Haha, that's what I'm saying. This guy makes me feel old.

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 12:19:33 PM »
I know TNC isn't thought super highly of on slap but I got a soft spot for those guys:

with that being said, while some of the interview is insightful and interesting, I couldn't but feel like the dude was "cool guying" a lot and trying to make jokes/make himself seem above the other dudes interviewing him multiple times during the conversation. Kinda made me uncomfortable and sort of sad, if that makes sense?

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 01:21:26 PM »
I know TNC isn't thought super highly of on slap but I got a soft spot for those guys:

with that being said, while some of the interview is insightful and interesting, I couldn't but feel like the dude was "cool guying" a lot and trying to make jokes/make himself seem above the other dudes interviewing him multiple times during the conversation. Kinda made me uncomfortable and sort of sad, if that makes sense?

I can't say I agree, seemed almost overtly humble about being in the realm of "cool" skateboarding.  People fuck with Jenkem that otherwise seem to be too cool for school and he runs it.  Liked the ep
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2020, 05:25:06 PM »
craziest part of this interview is when they all agree that nak is a good rapper.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2020, 05:29:58 PM »
I was hoping they'd talk about the Carroll interview since I still remember that shutting down Slap for a bit with all the foot traffic. People couldn't even get to the page.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2020, 05:54:25 PM »
He looks like if Danny Garcia and TFunk had a lovechild

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2020, 07:08:00 PM »
I’ve talked shit on this guy before but he seems like a good guy and I like Jenkem a lot. The website sucks on my phone and the new content hasn’t been that great. This isn’t a good nine club, would have been a good experience episode.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1923
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2020, 07:49:37 PM »
chris roberts: “whos jenkem?”

roger: “the mag/website & the same guys who made that book that’s been on our shelf forever”

roberts: “oh that’s RIGHT! i love jenkem bro”

Kelly:*laughs loudly and heartily*

I was hoping they'd talk about the Carroll interview since I still remember that shutting down Slap for a bit with all the foot traffic. People couldn't even get to the page.

I was hoping they would go into the MJ and recent pedophile skate park story they released recently, that was a good story and shed light on a part of the industry few people talk about.

Solid episode for sure, wish it went on for longer. I'd much rather listen to behind the scenes guys talk than pro skaters, most of them don't make good interview guests and the show gets formulaic: how did they start, how did they get sponsored, big part they released etc. I get the show is supposed to be lighthearted but I want a look behind the curtains. Guess the industry is pretty closed off and thrives under a veil of secrecy; hell it wasn't until fairly recently we found out the secret sauce behind board companies was woodshops more than the brand itself.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2020, 01:17:12 AM »
Pretty amusing episode. Think he would be a great guy to sit in on the experience episodes. Those are getting harder to watch for me as they are.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2020, 11:28:37 AM »
Expand Quote
craziest part of this interview is when they all agree that nak is a good rapper.
[close]

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2020, 07:01:53 PM »
Down for Jenkem and Ian. They email me horrible videos to watch sometimes,and see if they're worth posting on the site so I feel like I work for them, haha.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1298
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2020, 09:24:50 PM »
uh.....who?
To be fair, I said the same thing til I started the episode and was like oh it's the Jenkem dude. Not to say the same thing as everybody else again but I do really like the non-skater episodes the best.

Bummed nobody acknowledged that Big Brother put jenkem (the substance) on the map. That was the first place I and my friends had ever heard of it.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2020, 11:09:51 AM »
Down for Jenkem and Ian. They email me horrible videos to watch sometimes,and see if they're worth posting on the site so I feel like I work for them, haha.

Just curious  but why do they care about your opinion?  Not a diss it's  actual  curiousty

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2020, 11:21:43 AM »
I started this and it was kinda boring. Then I stopped when a new episode of the bunt came out.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 01:32:44 PM by Murge »

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2020, 12:28:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2020, 01:48:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just curious  but why do they care about your opinion?  Not a diss it's  actual  curiousty

I sucked the right dick.

Or...

Someone from Jenkem started a thread on here asking who would want to watch and rate their video submissions,me and few others are on the line.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2020, 04:22:40 PM »
i’m going with you sucked the right dick
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2020, 04:46:06 PM »
i’m going with you sucked the right dick
I thought we agreed you wouldn't say anything bitch!

Really though, pretty sure you only got a little cash if they posted a video you said was cool. Everything I ever got was pretty bad.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I sucked the right dick.

Or...

Someone from Jenkem started a thread on here asking who would want to watch and rate their video submissions,me and few others are on the line.

Oh that's  pretty cool.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2020, 12:33:05 PM »
I started this and it was kinda boring. Then I stopped when a new episode of the bunt came out.

Everyone needed to know this, thank you for your contribution to this thread.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2020, 02:16:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Everyone needed to know this, thank you for your contribution to this thread.

Just doing my part. 

Smokie Brewton

• Rep: 0
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2020, 02:56:13 PM »
This was easily one of my favourite episodes, as well as the Andy Howell one. I like hearing guys that are actually interesting on there. Someone already mentioned how a lot of the pro skaters ones are formulaic and boring and I couldn't agree more. Wish this one was longer.
Lipslides are expensive

P Casanova

• Rep: -124
    • Eastern Exposure avatar image
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2020, 01:46:48 PM »
AN OFFER WAS MADE TO FORREST FOR SELFISH.

I MADE THE OFFER

JEREME IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

-Selfishrep

drcroc

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2020, 02:21:56 PM »
The most interesting part of this interview was the beginning when he forced Crob to son him with, "Stay in your f*cking lane" or whatever he said...

Plus, you'll notice the entire conversation centered around, "How much money are you making right now off being the creator of Jenkem?" which he doesn't really answer. Which, he doesn't have to, but it would be interesting to know.

Props to this guy for going after his idea and making it into something... Just gotta wonder if Jenkem can really be this guy's forever career.

The fact that he mentions the filmer Socrates Leal "shouldn't have to" get a factory job, but didn't offer the guy employment himself came off as a bit naive. Saying what someone else should or shouldn't have to do is too close to saying what they should or shouldn't do in general, comes off kind of "know-it-all"-ish.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2020, 03:31:55 PM »
The most interesting part of this interview was the beginning when he forced Crob to son him with, "Stay in your f*cking lane" or whatever he said...

Plus, you'll notice the entire conversation centered around, "How much money are you making right now off being the creator of Jenkem?" which he doesn't really answer. Which, he doesn't have to, but it would be interesting to know.

Props to this guy for going after his idea and making it into something... Just gotta wonder if Jenkem can really be this guy's forever career.

The fact that he mentions the filmer Socrates Leal "shouldn't have to" get a factory job, but didn't offer the guy employment himself came off as a bit naive. Saying what someone else should or shouldn't have to do is too close to saying what they should or shouldn't do in general, comes off kind of "know-it-all"-ish.

I think you're overestimating the size of operations over at Jenkem.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2020, 04:48:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think you're overestimating the size of operations over at Jenkem.

Ha totally agree. They have budget to do cool shit and have decent ad revenue coming in, but it's still a skateboarding content website.