Author Topic: Trendwatch 2021  (Read 54323 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
Re: Trendwatch 2021
« Reply #540 on: March 02, 2021, 03:03:33 PM »
street league/olympic/contest doping

USADA raiding the team USA skate offices and taking all their blood weed bags and EPO will be the scandal that rocks olympic skateboarding

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #541 on: March 02, 2021, 03:18:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Speaking of beanies/toques, they’ll continue to shrink in 2021, until they resemble a knit yarmulke/kippah, distinguished only by the presence of a cuff and a Supreme patch.
[close]

I actually hope this happens
[close]

would love to see headbands make a comeback. that would be an evolution that would eliminate the beanie part and be even more airy. i especially want to see balding skaters rock em. that would be awesome. bald on top, headband, some leftover hair sticking out under. like total idgaf.
[close]

Balding Mullet Watch 2021
[close]

To Max Palmer: wear a headband and realize this glorious fantasy.

max palmer dressed like a tennis player with bald top, headband and long hair from the temples down.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #542 on: March 02, 2021, 07:12:19 PM »
wearing a beanie in the sun but wearing it too seriously like you are ave or something over your complete forehead and whenever you try a trick you grab a little too much of the nose of your board running up.
all black shoes.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 02:03:49 AM by fs180 »

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #543 on: March 03, 2021, 10:25:33 AM »
Heath nods. In the sense that other pros, that aren't Heath, will try to emulate the Heath nod when they meet fans.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #544 on: March 17, 2021, 09:08:35 AM »
More companies will put out full length/long videos. It will not be because of the love of the medium or that they have enough quality footage. It will be because you can tack on three to four ad breaks to a 40 minute Youtube video as opposed to one ad on a five minute edit.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #545 on: March 17, 2021, 11:25:17 AM »
More companies will put out full length/long videos. It will not be because of the love of the medium or that they have enough quality footage. It will be because you can tack on three to four ad breaks to a 40 minute Youtube video as opposed to one ad on a five minute edit.
One ad per five minutes is a better rate than 3-4 per 40min. Better to drop 6-8 five min parts in the time it takes to compile a full length. Your logic doesn't check out.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #546 on: March 17, 2021, 11:33:42 AM »
Did someone already say pros having an only fans would be a trend? All it takes is one trend setter to start the wave.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #547 on: March 17, 2021, 12:23:40 PM »
Kinda surprised no pros or “pros” have a patreon yet. Place for exclusive footage, 1 on 1 trick tips and shit like that. I couldn’t see anyone with good sponsors doing it, but I’m surprised dudes from
Braille or a Manny Santiago doesn’t run that program.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #548 on: March 17, 2021, 12:25:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
One ad per five minutes is a better rate than 3-4 per 40min. Better to drop 6-8 five min parts in the time it takes to compile a full length. Your logic doesn't check out.
You're right. I think this was just my frustration from being interrupted three times during the Hardbody video boiling over. Carry on.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #549 on: March 17, 2021, 12:25:30 PM »
Kinda surprised no pros or “pros” have a patreon yet. Place for exclusive footage, 1 on 1 trick tips and shit like that. I couldn’t see anyone with good sponsors doing it, but I’m surprised dudes from
Braille or a Manny Santiago doesn’t run that program.

"pro" skater weckingball has one, he released a part on there

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #550 on: March 17, 2021, 01:12:11 PM »
ETN was final proof that paid content and skateboarding don't gel.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #551 on: March 17, 2021, 02:27:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
You're right. I think this was just my frustration from being interrupted three times during the Hardbody video boiling over. Carry on.
I feel you, but i was also happy to let the ads play because I love that video so much and I want to see them get paid. Have a good day
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #552 on: March 17, 2021, 11:00:29 PM »
Pappalardo getting one-upped by current/former AWS riders

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #553 on: March 29, 2021, 06:25:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Speaking of beanies/toques, they’ll continue to shrink in 2021, until they resemble a knit yarmulke/kippah, distinguished only by the presence of a cuff and a Supreme patch.
[close]

I actually hope this happens
[close]

would love to see headbands make a comeback. that would be an evolution that would eliminate the beanie part and be even more airy. i especially want to see balding skaters rock em. that would be awesome. bald on top, headband, some leftover hair sticking out under. like total idgaf.

"pool" haircut, when its deep and kinda long, but you can see the bottom

Theseaorganization

• Rep: -41
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #554 on: March 29, 2021, 06:31:35 AM »
hairpieces. marc johnson makes a 3 song comeback part....... w/ hair.
and now he's gotta wear that hair everywhere so his pro ho gf doesn't realize the truth and leave him.
barker barrett dons a hairpiece and looks 30 yrs younger, rekindles his mini ramp career.
jim greco gets washed up mobster actor robert deniro and joe pesci to star in one of his skate films.
vincent gallo does the loop.

Since when are deniro and pesci washed up? Dudes are legends.

IpathCats

« Reply #555 on: March 29, 2021, 06:35:39 AM »

Yeaaaaa, all that shit was hard to watch. I saw the one with foy and sierra fellers skating that big ass set. Sierra tre flipped it (honestly pretty fucking gnarly) but everyones fake ass hype just killed it. So phony. Tory pudwill even said something to the effect of "that's the biggest stair set ever 360flipped in the history of skateboarding"....... Yea idk about that man.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #556 on: March 29, 2021, 06:36:00 AM »
you guys are just naming stuff already happening.

free max b
FREE MAX B

IpathCats

« Reply #557 on: March 29, 2021, 06:36:14 AM »
wearing a beanie in the sun but wearing it too seriously like you are ave or something over your complete forehead and whenever you try a trick you grab a little too much of the nose of your board running up.
all black shoes.

Ha! Spot on.

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #558 on: March 29, 2021, 06:41:17 AM »
IRL i've never seen anything baggier than polar pants

sizzla haffi gully levi's silvatab stovepipes dat mek polar pants luk maaga
I an I haff nah white god

IpathCats

« Reply #559 on: March 29, 2021, 06:54:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Totally

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #560 on: March 29, 2021, 08:55:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeaaaaa, all that shit was hard to watch. I saw the one with foy and sierra fellers skating that big ass set. Sierra tre flipped it (honestly pretty fucking gnarly) but everyones fake ass hype just killed it. So phony. Tory pudwill even said something to the effect of "that's the biggest stair set ever 360flipped in the history of skateboarding"....... Yea idk about that man.

That was decenso but i cant think of a tre down anything bigger than a 18. But maybe someone like enzo did it.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #561 on: March 29, 2021, 09:08:17 AM »
Lol poor Decenzbro. Gnarly but forgettable

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #562 on: March 29, 2021, 09:24:12 AM »
Maybe it’s been said already, but middle parts. Even more so, middle parts under tiny beanies.

Aka the wiener haircut

IpathCats

« Reply #563 on: March 29, 2021, 09:37:46 AM »
Lol poor Decenzbro. Gnarly but forgettable
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That was decenso but i cant think of a tre down anything bigger than a 18. But maybe someone like enzo did it.

Lol shit! I wanted to check myself before saying that but I honestly wasn't that hung up on it. I feel bad now hahaha. Does wallenberg count?

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #564 on: March 29, 2021, 11:06:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah man

shrimptoastcrunch

« Reply #565 on: April 04, 2021, 10:09:37 PM »
Dadcam commentary a la Rye Beres

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2021, 09:36:29 AM »
Professional skateboarders will transition to other activities and be successfully sponsored/paid for it. Skateboarding will be something they do on Sundays as a side hobby.

Edit: I also think there will be other skaters starting their own business as skateboarding is too competitive and uncertain as a main source of income. like Tyshawn invested on the restaurant industry..You will see more of it.

isn't Jim Greco hand making shoes or something?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 09:43:22 AM by boi-cuzudo »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2021, 10:04:22 AM »
giant skateparks opening in 2021 in places like Des Moines and la Quinta will see limited usage due to weird locations and lack of local interest

the olympics will be a bust due to covid drop outs, Nyjah and Zion scandals, and lizzie armanto surprise pregnancy

streetplant will go full alt-right

a top female pro will go onlyfans

flatland/curb parts filmed fully in abandoned parking lots will become commonplace

freestyle skateboarding will continue to explode in popularity in Japan

Ishod's shoe will flop worse than Omar Salazar's

14.99 Kirkland relaxed fitting jeans from Costco will be the "pant of the summer"

These actually do go
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #568 on: April 05, 2021, 10:13:45 AM »
Expand Quote
giant skateparks opening in 2021 in places like Des Moines and la Quinta will see limited usage due to weird locations and lack of local interest

the olympics will be a bust due to covid drop outs, Nyjah and Zion scandals, and lizzie armanto surprise pregnancy

streetplant will go full alt-right

a top female pro will go onlyfans

flatland/curb parts filmed fully in abandoned parking lots will become commonplace

freestyle skateboarding will continue to explode in popularity in Japan

Ishod's shoe will flop worse than Omar Salazar's

14.99 Kirkland relaxed fitting jeans from Costco will be the "pant of the summer"
[close]

These actually do go

I got a homie who swears by the Kirkland Denim lol maybe I should give it a shot
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #569 on: April 05, 2021, 05:08:11 PM »
do it