Author Topic: Trendwatch 2021  (Read 54280 times)

shredder sequel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Re: Trendwatch 2021
« Reply #360 on: January 11, 2021, 12:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Adult males posting photos of their clothes to be critiqued by other adult males.
[close]

http://skartorialist.blogspot.com/
[close]

Is that a link to an alternate skate universe? The first pic is of Manuel Schenck in a Welcome shirt.
[close]

Expand Quote
Post a fit, fuccboi
[close]

REI Beanie
Stussy and Rick Owens T-Shirt
Patagonia Capilene Crew
Arc’Teryx Conveyer Belt
Noah Single-Pleat Pants
REI Mid-Weight Wool Hiking Socks
Nike SB Bruin React

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #361 on: January 11, 2021, 01:13:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Are even more skaters gonna let us know they surf in 2021 or did that peak this year? I’m not hating, just jealous of their sweet Cali/Euro breaks.
[close]

I say surfing is over, cross country skiing (classic not skate) will be next.

And looks like I’ll be ahead of the curve on this one because I was just out today, and it was beautiful

surfing's gotten more crowded than ever during COVID with all the wavestorm warriors

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #362 on: January 11, 2021, 05:15:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Adult males posting photos of their clothes to be critiqued by other adult males.
[close]

[close]

Is that a link to an alternate skate universe? The first pic is of Manuel Schenck in a Welcome shirt.
[close]

Expand Quote
Post a fit, fuccboi
[close]
[close]

REI Beanie
Patagonia Capilene Crew
Arc’Teryx Conveyer Belt
Noah Single-Pleat Pants
Nike SB Bruin React

hardooo

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2021, 05:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Post a fit, fuccboi
[close]
[close]

REI Beanie
Patagonia Capilene Crew
Arc’Teryx Conveyer Belt
Noah Single-Pleat Pants
Nike SB Bruin React

Dude I was just kidding, I don’t give a shit about your outfit. 

That goes for everyone else on here too.  Myself included.

(Pretty nice outfit though.)
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #364 on: January 12, 2021, 03:22:20 AM »
Skating flat curb and mannie isnt anything different from figure skating.

And figure skating isnt any less cool than skating but in my opinion it is but i live in a bubble. its still the same in a way.

Its about technichal difficulty and style at the same time.
When i skate flat i try to ride in in a big circle doing as many tricks without falling.

Only difference is that they have Trainers most of the time and get judged by a jury from 1-10. Wait a minute...

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #365 on: January 12, 2021, 04:39:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Etnies
[close]
Could see that happening. They should remake some rap and midi rap.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2021, 04:53:47 AM »
Jeans with patches of bands you don't actually listen to sewn on them.
I'm starting to see it happen and its snowballing.

Getting hung that people accessorize with "bands they don't listen to" in 2021 when those kids can (and do) google and stream literally anything ever recorded
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2021, 06:50:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Getting hung that people accessorize with "bands they don't listen to" in 2021 when those kids can (and do) google and stream literally anything ever recorded

exactly, and how would anyone know about that anyway? it's basically just a general accusation of being a poser in some way with no way to back it up. those people that start an inquisition about how well you know that bands backcatalogue and entire history when they see you wearing a shirt or patch of them are also the worst.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2021, 07:25:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is blatant poser shit. I remember this one time I saw this semi hippy skater with a sick Satori wheels shirt at a park. I told the told the dude that his shirt was sick after he gave me a little fist bump for landing some trick. He looked confused, so I said again “your Satori wheels shirt is sick”. Dude looked me in the face and said “I just found this at Arc and I thought it was a band, that’s cool that they make wheels too”. I looked at his set up and he had fresh bones spf.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2021, 07:27:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

exactly, and how would anyone know about that anyway? it's basically just a general accusation of being a poser in some way with no way to back it up. those people that start an inquisition about how well you know that bands backcatalogue and entire history when they see you wearing a shirt or patch of them are also the worst.
Sure it’s annoying when celebrity du juor is wearing hardcore band x’s shirt in a fab photo shoot, but there appears to be a disconnect w/ a lot of people in this regard.
Fan: Whereas I love a certain musical ensemble’s creative output & hope they will continue to produce content for my enjoyment for years to come, I ALSO want to keep them in my pocket so they aren’t pressured by record companies to bend their audio “vision” in order to cater to the tastes of a growing market base; I hope they can pay their bills on the money that I, alone, give them for records, t-shirts, downloads, patches, whatever, so that they can continue to make the unadulterated music I so adore.
Tough bind to find yourself in, I suppose.
Personally, I wish all artists every success, considering how few of them ever actually get to a point where they can live comfortably of their earnings.
But what do I know? I mostly listen to news because I’m old & boring.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 07:38:15 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #370 on: January 12, 2021, 07:30:12 AM »
Tucking your shirt into your underwear. It's not on trend yet... but I'm working hard to do my part.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2021, 07:37:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm glad that Samuel Ashley stopped this monstrosity and focused more on skate photography.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2021, 09:42:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Post a fit, fuccboi
[close]
[close]

REI Beanie
Patagonia Capilene Crew
Arc’Teryx Conveyer Belt
Noah Single-Pleat Pants
Nike SB Bruin React

if “i just moved to this neighborhood, it’s so quaint” had a uni

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #373 on: January 12, 2021, 11:37:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
this is blatant poser shit. I remember this one time I saw this semi hippy skater with a sick Satori wheels shirt at a park. I told the told the dude that his shirt was sick after he gave me a little fist bump for landing some trick. He looked confused, so I said again “your Satori wheels shirt is sick”. Dude looked me in the face and said “I just found this at Arc and I thought it was a band, that’s cool that they make wheels too”. I looked at his set up and he had fresh bones spf.

White hippies should just be cancelled in skateboarding 2021

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2021, 06:55:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Sure it’s annoying when celebrity du juor is wearing hardcore band x’s shirt in a fab photo shoot, but there appears to be a disconnect w/ a lot of people in this regard.
Fan: Whereas I love a certain musical ensemble’s creative output & hope they will continue to produce content for my enjoyment for years to come, I ALSO want to keep them in my pocket so they aren’t pressured by record companies to bend their audio “vision” in order to cater to the tastes of a growing market base; I hope they can pay their bills on the money that I, alone, give them for records, t-shirts, downloads, patches, whatever, so that they can continue to make the unadulterated music I so adore.
Tough bind to find yourself in, I suppose.
Personally, I wish all artists every success, considering how few of them ever actually get to a point where they can live comfortably of their earnings.
But what do I know? I mostly listen to news because I’m old & boring.

yeah i get that, and i agree it's lame to fake the funk, i just think that assuming that most people don't know what they are wearing is probably incorrect. especially when it comes to obscure hardcore/punk merch, you have to look rather deep for that. sure, there are always people wearing a slayer shirt and they maybe know two songs at all, but mostly people actually listen to the bands whose merch they rock i'd reckon. i own tons of band shirts and i don't mind when someone comes up and tells me they like the shirt/band, but it sucks that almost everytime i wear my (visibly 15 years old!) joy division shirt, that's not even the unknown pleasures album cover, i also often get a "do you actually listen to that band?" or "you know that's an actual band right?" from random strangers and i usually react really pissed about it because i find these questions annoying and it's really nobody's business actually.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #375 on: January 14, 2021, 09:40:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satori_(band) I just want to add that both of you were correct, depending on what year this was

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #376 on: January 14, 2021, 10:50:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This shit was already a trend a few years ago when Justin Bieber was wearing Metallica shirts and Rihanna was wearing Black Flag shirts so at every single fast fashion shop they had bare band shirts. Also happens with all the supreme shit where peeps will buy a Nas supreme shirt but the only nas song they know is I can

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #377 on: January 14, 2021, 02:49:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That’s why you get to know the person with the band shirt, become friends, hang out often, then - maybe years later - you put on the band in question on a road trip. If they ask what it is you say “you fucking poser! You wear the shirt but you’ve never even heard them?!” Then you kick them out of the car hundreds of miles from home and completely ghost them.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #378 on: January 14, 2021, 03:08:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

That’s why you get to know the person with the band shirt, become friends, hang out often, then - maybe years later - you put on the band in question on a road trip. If they ask what it is you say “you fucking poser! You wear the shirt but you’ve never even heard them?!” Then you kick them out of the car hundreds of miles from home and completely ghost them.
This is the way of things.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #379 on: January 14, 2021, 04:35:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ubXDRfsUC9c

go cancel urself in a mirror my man

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #380 on: January 16, 2021, 05:53:59 PM »
Oh man also I’m surprised people haven’t mentioned masks. Or bandanas. That’s a trend that isn’t going away yet. A nice bandana around the neck goes well with some bootcut jeans and a trucker hat...

And by “nice” I just mean that there is some precedent, not that it actually looks cool

BA is rocking a neck bandana in his new Ace ad

But now I’m also noticing that the past year had a big spike in people wearing bandanas over their hair, pirate style. It’s a terrible trend and I hope it stops but it probably has a bit more upswing before it’s over.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #381 on: January 16, 2021, 11:49:18 PM »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #382 on: January 17, 2021, 02:21:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

What about brown hippies?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #383 on: January 17, 2021, 02:23:57 AM »
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

cky enthusiast

« Reply #384 on: January 17, 2021, 07:30:52 AM »
i’d say no to that seatbelt tail grab jesus christ

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #385 on: January 17, 2021, 12:44:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

What about brown hippies?

they are fine

bonelessfingerflip

• Rep: 0
« Reply #386 on: January 18, 2021, 05:29:15 AM »

thats a crailslide

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Free Max B
« Reply #387 on: January 18, 2021, 07:23:56 AM »
hahah damn looking at it like that is bugged. but thats 100% a crailslide

free max b
FREE MAX B

cky enthusiast

« Reply #388 on: January 18, 2021, 07:56:20 AM »
tells you everything you need to know about what type of tricks i do lmao

Croquet temper