Author Topic: thoughts on making different awards under soty?  (Read 293 times)

I.C. Weiner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
thoughts on making different awards under soty?
« on: January 16, 2020, 04:24:00 AM »
feel like there's enough different types of skaters bringing out amazing parts for thrasher to go for an academy awards type thing. i don't know what the other titles will be i haven't really thought about this. Trick of the year? Part of the year?

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
Re: thoughts on making different awards under soty?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:17 AM »
Thats kinda how the T-eddy's work. Also transworld has their award show, but the only time it mattered was the Cherry vs. Static 4 / Dylan vs. Jake year.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Re: thoughts on making different awards under soty?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 10:14:04 AM »
I was thinking about this too. TW does them but they always made it boring. It would be cool to do like a video where they cover like trick of the year, part, team, and weird stuff like best dressed or some shit.

I know the TWS ones were bunk. Heath has a connect and got it rigged as a joke so that he won best all around skater beating like Bob Burnquist lol. I remember they had a photo of him supposedly doing a padless 540 in the mag but you couldn’t see his face so I’ve always wondered who that was. I think he did skate a little very though. I swear I’ve seen some Old birdhouse footy of him with a pony tail skating a vert tamp though.