Author Topic: Ever sleep in a strange position and pop your shoulder out of the socket?  (Read 910 times)

delaware county

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
I slept all fucked up last night and my shoulder is DEFINITELY not where its supposed to be, I'm not in agonizing pain or anything... shit is just annoying. I've been trying to use a wall to put it back in. Does anyone else have this issue? are there any secrets to this shit?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
I have had pain in my shoulders for about two months now from sleeping in a strange position. Nothing is dislocated just chronicly sore. I don't have any solution so if you find something out let me know!

If your shoulder is dislocated I would go to a doctor, dude. I wouldn't try to pop it in myself, doing that can fuck up your tendence and that can lead to more problems.

Brguy

Got a few pains but nothing to that level. For sure going to the doctor is the thing to do if it's dislocated, but I think it's good to just move your armas and torso a bit in all directions to see if you can pop it back into place, if you can't really move yourself in some ways (some ways that you normally should be able, obviously) at least you'll be certain you need a medic.

delaware county

• Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
thank you for the feedback, i used a softball against a wall before going to sleep last night and that definitely helped

Dustwardprez

This is how Dave M temporarily lost the ability to play guitar.

whitefeathers

• Rep: 0
Yes I somehow popped my shoulder out with my arm under my pillow. I woke up to my alarm and found I couldn't put my arm down. Panic started to rise but since nothing was hurting I took deep breaths to calm myself. I was able to still move my arm around I just couldnt  put it back down. So I kinda just moved it around slowly and it went back in when i was pointing my elbow behind me. Then It got all tingly for awhile. It felt fine and I went about my day..Carefully.. It was a dull achy for a few days but all range of motion was there and recovered 100%. I will never put my arm up under my pillow again though as that was scary.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
Popped my shoulder out sleeping, throwing a rock, sliding midway through a front board on long flat rail on a couple occasions, bailing a back 50 on a street Hubba and while in the air it slipped out, and many many more instances...

Have had this issue for 20 years or so n it’s not much of a problem now than it was when I first had it. When it first comes out I always sit on the ground or lay down. Then put my hands out n interlock them like you’re shaking your own hand. After that I use whichever knee depending on which shoulder to push out slowly over and over until it moves back into place.

Not skating for a couple days after is a good idea. Also,everytime it pops out more n more cartilage is gone which will make it happen more frequently. Doctors said they could operate but it limits your range of motion n was an 8 month recovery.

Lifting weights and excercising never seemed to work just falling a different way and knowing the limitations of my shoulder after years of trial n error... welcome to hell.