Author Topic: Bethlehem/Allentown PA  (Read 373 times)

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 723
Bethlehem/Allentown PA
« on: September 05, 2023, 08:11:49 PM »
Moral of the long-winded story below: just curious if there are any good curb spots in the Bethlehem/Allentown area.  Thanks!

My wife’s parents live in Bethlehem and we spend a decent amount of time up there.  I usually bring my board and try my best to explore what there is to skate.  I’ve skated the Bethlehem Skateplaza a decent amount in the past, but more recently I usually hit Keck Park in Allentown since it’s generally a little more empty/chill.  In general, I’m not a fan of skateparks and prefer DIY or mellow street spots.  I’m pretty big on looking for street spots on Google streetview and also driving around, and I’ve found some pretty good banks and small stairsets over the years that have been fun to skate.  What I haven’t found is a good curb spot or low ledge.  Just wondering if anyone who lives and/or skates in the Lehigh Valley has any recommendations for a curb spot in Allentown or Bethlehem.  From what I can tell, there’s a decently strong skate scene so I would be surprised if there’s not at least one good waxed curb to session.  I appreciate it - if anyone from the Lehigh Valley has questions about Philly spots, I’d be happy to return the favor…

GS77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 94
Re: Bethlehem/Allentown PA
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 08:40:08 PM »
I don’t know but you have to eat here…

https://www.flyingvpoutinerie.com/

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 10:08:12 PM »
Best restaurant in Bethlehem. https://www.datbayoulv.com/bethlehem
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Bummer Vacation

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 04:31:25 AM »
There’s an empty Kmart in Walnutport that’s got some waxed curbs. Pretty fun, low key & away from the road. When I skated it back in July some tree trimming crew was using it for a staging area but they didn’t mind me being there.

Pushing 4D

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 06:20:32 AM »
Honestly the curb in the parking lot of the Skate Plaza is pretty decent.  There's some crusty DIY stuff at the Macungie "skatepark" and a pretty wild pump track nearby in Emmaus I think.  New Jordan Park in Allentown is half built but really run.  Gets busy tho.  Stop by Homebase, they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 08:02:12 AM »
I don’t know but you have to eat here…

https://www.flyingvpoutinerie.com/

I’ve definitely had that at Musikfest before - quite delicious

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 08:04:06 AM »
Honestly the curb in the parking lot of the Skate Plaza is pretty decent.  There's some crusty DIY stuff at the Macungie "skatepark" and a pretty wild pump track nearby in Emmaus I think.  New Jordan Park in Allentown is half built but really run.  Gets busy tho.  Stop by Homebase, they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Thanks - yeah I’ve stopped by Macungie skatepark a few times before.  Definitely some pretty interesting stuff there.  Even just that natural bank ramp along the tennis court side is cool

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 09:36:01 AM »
I've skated Jordan park and had a blast there. The bowl is a ton of fun, it's very well laid out and the transition is smooth. When that second phase gets built that park will be truly amazing. Haven't skated anything else in Allentown, I saw a few spots on the way to the park though. Great pizza there too, but not as good as the place across the street from Pops park.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 01:00:59 PM »

Lehigh University has got fun for all skill level.