Author Topic: Whats the best deal you've ever got?  (Read 4664 times)

ndsr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Whats the best deal you've ever got?
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2020, 12:29:51 PM »
I ordered a vitamix online and they gave me money back after it didn't show up after a week....next day it showed up.  Another time the ski hill was suppose to give me a free day pass and instead they gave me a seasons pass....

Damn

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2020, 01:17:00 PM »
born to loving parents in a time of peace.
Respect, humility and shalom onto you and your loved ones

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2020, 01:35:53 PM »
My mom got me an xbox360 back in the day and I bought a broken one off this dude for like $15 or so and I took the bar code stickers off the one my mom got me and slapped them on the broken one and returned it to Wal-Mart and made off with a new 360 and ironically enough $360 exact.

Another time this heroin junkie sold me a brand new DGK complete for $10 that had bones swiss and venture trucks I think. I kept the bones swiss and traded the rest of the complete for a quarter of weed to my friend and then sold the weed and bought heroin thatwas on sale because it was the dealers birthday and got trashed. Sadly though my friend passed away and that dealer is now serving like 32 years in prison cause he got snitched out by my adopted brothers dad

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2020, 01:54:02 AM »
My mom got me an xbox360 back in the day and I bought a broken one off this dude for like $15 or so and I took the bar code stickers off the one my mom got me and slapped them on the broken one and returned it to Wal-Mart and made off with a new 360 and ironically enough $360 exact.

Another time this heroin junkie sold me a brand new DGK complete for $10 that had bones swiss and venture trucks I think. I kept the bones swiss and traded the rest of the complete for a quarter of weed to my friend and then sold the weed and bought heroin thatwas on sale because it was the dealers birthday and got trashed. Sadly though my friend passed away and that dealer is now serving like 32 years in prison cause he got snitched out by my adopted brothers dad

What a wild ride
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2020, 09:28:06 AM »
Cigs used to be $1.10 a pack when I was a teen. hella good deal

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2020, 10:19:56 PM »
This was about a year ago. I had been craving lobster for a while. Was planning to have a few friends over so decided to pick up some lobster to grill. Went to the local Vons. Was talking to the deli guy, told him about my plans, asked on tips on grilling (first time with Lobster), chatted for a bit, turns out he's from the same rough neighborhood I grew up in. He helped me pick some lobster tails, weighted, bagged, tagged, went our separate ways. I grabbed a few others things, veggies, drinks, etc. I was incredibly surprised that everything added up to about $20. Thought something was on sale. When I got home, I looked at the receipt, homeboy hooked it up with the lobster. Six lobster tails, $2! I guess he used a code for ham. What a champ.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2020, 11:14:10 PM »
This was about a year ago. I had been craving lobster for a while. Was planning to have a few friends over so decided to pick up some lobster to grill. Went to the local Vons. Was talking to the deli guy, told him about my plans, asked on tips on grilling (first time with Lobster), chatted for a bit, turns out he's from the same rough neighborhood I grew up in. He helped me pick some lobster tails, weighted, bagged, tagged, went our separate ways. I grabbed a few others things, veggies, drinks, etc. I was incredibly surprised that everything added up to about $20. Thought something was on sale. When I got home, I looked at the receipt, homeboy hooked it up with the lobster. Six lobster tails, $2! I guess he used a code for ham. What a champ.

That's fucking dope. Wish people felt more confident dishing out these kind of hook ups

EDIT: For inspiration

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 11:35:38 PM by Owen »
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Chookilara

• Rep: -20
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2020, 01:06:46 PM »
15 bucks for some travis Scott dunks. I paid a homeless dude 15 bucks to break into my local skate shop and steal a pair of the travis Scott dunks they were gonna raffle off. sadly he got the wrong size but I was able to resell them and made 1k.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2020, 02:25:18 PM »
Apple accidentally sent two iPads.
Still the best deal. This was this passed Christmas. We got my mom one. It got delivered to the wrong house. Apple sent a replacement and the people that the first package brought it over and let us know a package was sent to the wrong house.

Thank you nice people and suck my dick Apple. I kind of forgot about it for a bit because of a move and I have a really nice new PC build, but I think the cheapest iPads are still pretty useful.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2020, 06:19:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's fucking dope. Wish people felt more confident dishing out these kind of hook ups

I'd give him a discount, no doubt.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2020, 06:38:39 PM »
Bought a guitar off Craigslist last week for $320 that normally goes for around $350 used - WITH a $120 hard case.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2020, 07:09:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd give him a discount, no doubt.

Me too! I worked at a supermarket in my adolescence and would always get my house mates to come through on my shift. Discounted meat for all!
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2020, 12:29:49 AM »
Brown cardigans funny I also recommend pinkmitsubishis, harrowingfilms, powerfishsubmits, eshaygram
listen to cosmic psychos

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2020, 02:40:36 AM »
       Two memorable one for sure; My room mate from ten years back or so, his girl friend (now wife) worked at whole foods. She would let us fill up crazy amounts of food from the food court/salad bar area and ring us up for like one hard boiled egg. It was the shit. probably ate thousands of dollars of food in the three years she worked there and never got busted.
       The other time was flying from Seattle to Schiphol on my way to the Netherlands. The flight was overbooked and they got everyone on the plane but one person. Me. Just as they were closing the gate and getting me on the phone with the airline the sweetest person i've met that works for an airline is in front of me at the gate desk and says "we have one more seat. You need to hurry." We run our asses down onto the plane they close the door right behind us, through me in a seat and were off. Last seat on the plane was a business class section that was a no show. It kicked so much ass. 

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2020, 08:19:04 AM »
My wife is a flight attendant.  First/Business class trips all day.  Last year one of my best friend's weddings was in Cairo.  First Class to Frankfurt, then Business to Cairo all free.  I also have an FAA Id for work, so employee security.  No taking off your belt or shoes, no 3oz liquid BS. 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2020, 09:57:56 PM »
My company that I used to work for gave us an option to buy out the lease on our company vehicles....it was a three year old Malibu which was a shit car but the buy out was like $800 CAD....I guess they had them on an accelerated payment plan. 

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2020, 04:56:08 AM »
I won an iPad in a raffle once.